• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokémon Shuffle General Discussion

Creyk

I disagree. The catch rate is atrocious. I have caught just one of six.

And I have S-ranked them all to boot.

Poor you :( I might be having a super lucky day then, I caught everything on first try today, even Groudon.
To those of you who are already at Mega Aerodactyl, how is it? I hope he's easy to beat, as Aerodactyl is my favorite mega out of all of them <3

Also, there is only 1 week left for the daily pokemon. Do you think we will get a new set of Daily pokemon to catch and battle after these are gone?

R_N

Poor you :( I might be having a super lucky day then, I caught everything on first try today, even Groudon.
To those of you who are already at Mega Aerodactyl, how is it? I hope he's easy to beat, as Aerodactyl is my favorite mega out of all of them <3

Also, there is only 1 week left for the daily pokemon. Do you think we will get a new set of Daily pokemon to catch and battle after these are gone?

Yes absolutely. I don't think there was a break between rotoms and the new set

Psynergy

Strong Winds
Staff member
Super Mod

Beating it isn't hard, but S ranking it is obnoxious since breakable blocks always come in and make getting combos even more of a gamble than usual. The initial layout is also dumb since the breakable blocks are randomized (I had a no moves possible happen because an awful start). The stage is basically built for you to use Milotic, Kyogre and Blastoise though that doesn't stop it from being so stupid to S rank.

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
The Timburr stage suffers from a massive bug that has your lead Pokemon appear non-Mega Evolved in the middle columns even after your lead has Mega Evolved before those icons appear.

Also, do not use Mega Mewtwo Y. Its effect doesn't chain on normal Mewtwo icons, which is really stupid.

R_N

mega aerodactyl may be a pain to s rank but at least its not too bad over all and, most importantly, they managed to make a mega stage that does not:
-add in an extra pokemon
-have constant, horrible disruptions
-barriers
-steel blocks

really its like a normal stage but with more hp and trickier layout gimmick. Which i'm fine with, god knows no one wanted them to take Mega Mewtwo Y and make it worse from there

Now its just a matter of getting lucky and not having to spend thousands of coins to even the playing field

e: Wait I just noticed the next area is a mine
its going to be steelix, isnt it
the next mega is going to be steelize and its going to be onix on steroids

Last edited:

Psynergy

Strong Winds
Staff member
Super Mod
Oh my god I wasted over 30000 coins on attempts to finally S rank Mega Aerodactyl. And I had missed it by 1 turn on one attempt too after blowing over 10000 coins with Complexity -1 in the mix.

mega aerodactyl may be a pain to s rank but at least its not too bad over all and, most importantly, they managed to make a mega stage that does not:
-add in an extra pokemon

The funny thing is, turns out that for the purposes of this stage, Complexity -1 counts the breakable blocks that drop constantly as an extra Pokemon. Meaning that Complexity -1 removes all the random blocks that continue to come into the stage, which is dumb but okay (unless it's somehow always done that and I never knew). So basically any block on the edges at the start is considered a "non-support" Pokemon.

So yeah, even though beating the stage isn't anywhere near as frustrating as any Mega from Mawile onward you'll basically want to you use every item to S rank it. At least Mega Aerodactyl will be super useful for Genesect (and many other future stages I'm sure).

Secundum

Lord Of Order
-add in an extra pokemon
-have constant, horrible disruptions
-barriers
-steel blocks

really its like a normal stage but with more hp and trickier layout gimmick. Which i'm fine with, god knows no one wanted them to take Mega Mewtwo Y and make it worse from there

Now its just a matter of getting lucky and not having to spend thousands of coins to even the playing field

e: Wait I just noticed the next area is a mine
its going to be steelix, isnt it
the next mega is going to be steelize and its going to be onix on steroids

No, Steelix will be Onix on steroids, and Mega Steelix will be Steelix on steroids. Can you say starting with 6 free spaces?

R_N

ahaa...maybe i should change up my groudon team

kyogre's block break and milotic/blastoise's Stabalize+ kind of ruin the gimmick

R_N

Just remember that Stabilize+ doesn't activate all the time but takes two blocks out when it does, unlike Block Break which does for one extra block only.

Yes, I've read their descriptions. Knowing how they work does not, you know, help when they're random in when they activate and what blocks they take out.

Or when they activated several times in a row

I just swapped out blastoise for glalie and kyogre from articuno, made things much smoother.

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
Phew. I barely S-ranked Genesect and managed to catch it without a Great Ball. No Complexity -1, but Disruption Delay and Time +10.

...Now I still need to catch a lot of the latest normal Pokemon, though.

Psynergy

Strong Winds
Staff member
Super Mod
Yeah, caught Genesect so I'm done catching things until new stages/events come around. Didn't get an amazing run with it so I ended up Great Balling until it caught. Hadn't realized before that failing a Great Ball asks you again if Great Ball already failed, sure I used 5000 coins but it was worth it. I don't care about S ranking EX stages anyway, and I would rather not try that stage any more than I need to. Like seriously, have fun trying to do that stage without a Disruption Delay. Surskit and Genesect and black clouds AND freezing/unbreakable blocks towards the end is just a mess even with [Mega] Aerodactyl.

Now I need to farm up coins to make up for the massive money sink I put in for these stages. Will also need to grind up, Groudon, Genesect and Aerodactyl a little bit too for future use, Crowd Control will definitely come in use for any Bug-weak Megas in the future. On a similar note I realize Heracross has the same thing and I've still not made use of it, will need to change that.

monkeyman192

simply bored
Got just milotic, timburr and M aerodactyl to S rank before I can get genesect.
I am pretty glad aerodactly got a mega, mine is already level 6 or something just from trying blaziken over and over again...

Codface

All new stages S ranked. Only used +moves vs everything except mega aero.

Beaten Genesect but need to catch him now.

AlxK9207

Creative Co-Author
I managed to snag Groudon yesterday. I never gave up on it. :D

But on the other hand this morning, I tried to use a +10 sec for the Entei stage, and when I beat him, it refused to give me a time bonus. So unfair :(