• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokémon Shuffle General Discussion

Kacho

You are next.
I saw Vileplume once, it even have the jirachi music...

I didn't catch it but I let it go because I still have abra line not caught.

oh and i saw Tauros and caught on first try

R_N

I've only caught Gloom so far in the Safari and got the Abomasite as well (was this the competition with the least amount of participants? One hardly needed a Complexity -1). Defeated Beedrill with seven seconds left. I'm surprised it's a Base 60 Pokemon with an actual good ability. Hopefully it's Mega effect is also good as well.

Also it makes me sad to see cool Pokemon like Alakazam and Krookodile get terrible abilities.

How many times have you said this throughout this thread's timespan? I agree though.

Prrobably dozens of times and still I'm here.

Probably said that a couple dozen times too.

Psynergy

Strong Winds
Staff member
Super Mod
So the Safari has been incredibly kind to me so far and gave me Alakazam, had to Great Ball it but thankfully it only took one. Now hopefully Vileplume doesn't take me forever to find because then otherwise I'll be done with the Safari already. Still, that's a 5% encounter rate.

AlxK9207

Creative Co-Author
Caught Tauros with only two moves left, with no power-ups. But, I'm hating this safari because they're really going to keep us guessing and wasting coins!

EDIT: Also caught two other pokemon.

Last edited:

cassius335

Aura Trainer
Turns out I'm not that far from MCross, so I'll put some time into getting him. Just need to get past Aegislash first..

Got MCross, catching Aegislash & Salamence into the bargin.

So lets see how long it takes me to get through this Safari...

EDIT: Got Gloom & Vileplume. Think I've seen everyone except Kadabra at least once.

Last edited:

Gabry00023

Certainly, my biggest regret with this game was quitting for some months last year and only coming back late December. Now I lack a lot of good mons, mega stones and coins, which make it very difficult to keep up with this crazy pace. I also because I don't spend real money on the game, so I can only play like every once in two and a half hours xD

Still, qualified for Abomasite (was saving coins, but did a item run and ended in #2700s). Also caught all the Safari mons, except for Gloom (are you sure it has 15% chance of appearing? xD), Beedrill and I'm currently sitting at Diancie Lv.100 (can't beat it without Attack Power, but when I have coins for one, if I beat the level, I'll quit after it. This EB sure is a nightmare...) About the main stages I cringed at the recent 90 added. I'm only even on Braixen (stage 189) so it will take an extremely long time to catch up, with all the special stages and stuff. But I guess it's ok and the game is fun, so I don't mind xD

Last edited:

Aesnath

But Nothing Happened
Certainly, my biggest regret with this game was quitting for some months last year and only coming back late December. Now I lack a lot of good mons, mega stones and coins, which make it very difficult to keep up with this crazy pace. I also because I don't spend real money on the game, so I can only play like every once in two and a half hours xD

Still, qualified for Abomasite (was saving coins, but did a item run and ended in #2700s). Also caught all the Safari mons, except for Gloom (are you sure it has 15% chance of appearing? xD), Beedrill and I'm currently sitting at Diancie Lv.100 (can't beat it without Attack Power, but when I have coins for one, if I beat the level, I'll quit after it. This EB sure is a nightmare...) About the main stages I cringed at the recent 90 added. I'm only even on Braixen (stage 189) so it will take an extremely long time to catch up, with all the special stages and stuff. But I guess it's ok and the game is fun, so I don't mind xD

Don't feel too bad about it--a lot of us are having trouble keeping up, regardless of whether or not we stayed in. I was just getting to the last of the most recent 40 stage update and they dropped this thing on me. To say nothing of S-ranks--I only recently unlocked and caught goodra.

komedy27u

Oddish is also a coin stage. My little brother somehow got 400 coins out of it.
For Kadabra, you need a 11+ combo to activate rock+coin columns, then 22+ combo to activate it again.

Oddish needs a 22+ combo and adds 10 coins every time.

HP is low though, so they might die while trying :/

R_N

Caught Beedrill first try, no great ball. Really hope this thing gets a good mega effect. We put up with 50 BP mawile for so long, it'd be hard to be worse.
and then i beat up mew for catharsis

Found Abra twice (no catch) & Gloom (no catch). Think I'll just hang out in the safari for its duration, then focus on S rank the last batch of 40. Also need to go beat up mega rayquaza at some point anyway, I have the coins for it I just need to get lucky...incidentally, any must have pokemon in the new 50? Once that might help out on the 40?

Psynergy

Strong Winds
Staff member
Super Mod
incidentally, any must have pokemon in the new 50? Once that might help out on the 40?

At a glance, Weezing and Lumineon seem okay as base 60 Quirky+ Pokemon, but the only one that immediately jumps out to me is Magnezone, base 70 Electric type with Power of 4+. Notably Magneton is a base 60 with Crowd Control so both of those actually look pretty good, probably the ones I'll want to try to get right away. Tyrantrum is decent as a base 70 Rock type with Dragon Talon, and Exeggutor looks like a decent Grass-type though it's one of the last in this set. Arcanine is Power of 4+ Pokemon too but that one is the third EX stage of this set so...

komedy27u

At a glance, Weezing and Lumineon seem okay as base 60 Quirky+ Pokemon, but the only one that immediately jumps out to me is Magnezone, base 70 Electric type with Power of 4+. Notably Magneton is a base 60 with Crowd Control so both of those actually look pretty good, probably the ones I'll want to try to get right away.
This is the only thing that stops me from going to GS buildings and burn the place down~<3

(The fact that I don't have money helps too)

Don't you dare take the name of the 'karp in vain. I'm very excited about Gyarados coming in! Hopefully he doesn't suck!
At least Magikarp gets a ++ Ability, that's a niche no other Pokémon has at the moment! :Þ

---

Anyhow I am finally done with the Diancie Safari after clearing Stage 150. Stage 141-149 were ridiculous with the barrier spam and the jump in HP making me drop Mega Mawile for Mega Gengar after one taste. Even then I failed a few times during those stages. Stage 150 I cleared with Moves +5, Mega Start, a free DD, and Attack Power ↑ with one move left (used Mega Gengar/Muk/Aegislash/Dialga) after a very slow start which only picked up after DD expired. Thank goodness I am done with it for now so I can finally focus on new content like the Safari where I caught Oddish and Gloom in Poké Balls in my first two attempts. Hopefully it does not take me too long to catch everything, but Alakazam at 2% might suggest otherwise...

Dragalge

"Orange" Magical Girl
Prrobably dozens of times and still I'm here.

Probably said that a couple dozen times too.

You made it this far. There's no turning back!

Anyway I surprisingly found Vileplume and caught it after two Great Balls (from an 81% catch rate of all things). I only need Oddish, Tauros, and Alakazam (whom I saw and lost) to finish this Safari. Overall it's waaaay better than the previous one by miles (even though these Pokemon's abilities are kinda mediocre).

Psynergy

Strong Winds
Staff member
Super Mod
This Safari is definitely less bad than some of the last ones, or whichever the awful one before the Camerupt Safari was. Stages are incredibly easy and disruptions aren't terrible. That being said Vileplume is turning into that one for me. I've actually seen Alakazam 3 times already but no Vileplume at all. I guess I'm getting lucky but not the right kind of luck. I have noticed I've only seen Tauros once though so I'm glad I caught it when I did. Still the first day though so I can't complain too much I guess. Not like I wanted to go through 50 more main stages anyway.

Secundum

Lord Of Order
This Safari is definitely less bad than some of the last ones, or whichever the awful one before the Camerupt Safari was.

Phione? 1%? ^^

HylianGlaceon

Hyrulean Resident
Diancie 300 done... What a terrible Escalation and I'm completely burnt out on these things. Barely got through 300 with Mega Rayquaza/Dialga/Cobalion/Crobat. Crobat never triggered despite 10+ four icon matches (piece of trash) so you could go Muk, but Po4+ would never trigger for me either, so it's basically all the same. My basic strategy was to match Mega Rayquaza as much as possible so less of it would appear on the field and hopefully generate more combos that way. I had 5 moves left and it is extremely reliant of skyfall to get through whatsoever.

Anyhow, in regards to 295-299, the first one is barely doable with +5 Moves, the next two need Attack Power Ups and the last two need Attack Power Ups + Moves +5. Mega Gengar flopped here badly and lost a stage so now i'm out another 3k.

I swapped between Gengar and Mawile on the itemless stages and Mawile outperformed Gengar by far as long as there wasn't ice around. I probably should've at least tried Mawile in the 295-299 range after Gengar failed horribly as a lot of them were close calls even with Attack Power Up and +5 Moves.

*sigh* This whole Escalation has been a nightmare and I don't think I'm ever going this far again unless we have more reliable Megas. Mawile and Rayquaza were definitely the MVPs, Steelix was decent for the few stages that had a lot of blocks and Gengar can go sit in the corner and think about how badly it performed... I'm really surprised how badly Gengar was in these stages.

Anyhow, I have enough coins for a few Great Balls and that's about it. I guess I'll try the Safari and see if I can at least catch the rares. Will probably have to Meowth grind to get enough to catch everything in the Safari and Beedrill for a few days after I run out of coins.

R_N

You made it this far. There's no turning back!

Anyway I surprisingly found Vileplume and caught it after two Great Balls (from an 81% catch rate of all things). I only need Oddish, Tauros, and Alakazam (whom I saw and lost) to finish this Safari. Overall it's waaaay better than the previous one by miles (even though these Pokemon's abilities are kinda mediocre).

oh trust me i have been full on sunk cost fallacy since like 3 stage updates ago

i will tear this game apart (but not enough to go for speed ups what do i look like a crazy person :V)

caught oddish & kadabra, which is nice. Abra's still a jerk. Found Tauros, used a great ball on it even though its not AS rare as vileplume & alakazam. But can never be too safe

Cyberra

pain in the ***
The only 'mon I need out of the safari is vileplume. Seen it several times but it refuses to stay in the pokeball and I'm not wasting a great ball on it. I encountered alakazam once and caught it, great ball + super catch power of 92%. I wonder what its mega effect will be once GF coughs up its mega stone.

Once I'm done with this safari it'll be back to coin grinding and 'mon leveling. If M-charizard X is gonna be dragon-type I'll probably be using a lot of ice-types against it, so glalie and articuno need some levels. And I want to get through some more main stages; I'm still stuck in Pedra Valley and have a long way to go to reach any of the new main stages.

Edit: One of my encounters with abra tripped into a 93-combo skyfall chain reaction. Whyyyyyyyyyyyy can I not get a combo like that in ranked competition??

Last edited: