• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokémon Shuffle General Discussion

Tsukuyomi56

Emblian Royalty
Making good progress in this Safari having caught everything apart from Tauros and the two "rares" (Vileplume and Alakazam). I will only use Great Balls on the two rares and if Super Catch bumps Tauros' catch rate to near max.

Edit: Caught Tauros without needing a Great Ball, glad that I only need to use Great Balls for the two rare Pokémon in the Safari.

Last edited:

Psynergy

Strong Winds
Staff member
Super Mod
So right after making my previous post I found Vileplume and I decided to go on to the Main Stages. They suck. Other than Parasect who's a guaranteed S rank no matter what, I have not come close to S ranking anything. Notably, Trevenant (who has like 20k HP) took a Moves +5 and Disruption Delay with Gengar and still didn't S rank, partly due to Gengar deciding to not make combos. In other words, it's not looking like itemless S ranks will be very common, at least so far. I was considering going to Magnezone and catching it now but I might be better off coin grinding for now and at least having coins to tackle future events. Then any downtime I have can be dedicated to Main Stages.

EDIT: GRUMPIG HAS OVER 26000 HP WHY

Last edited:

cassius335

Aura Trainer
Got MCross, catching Aegislash & Salamence into the bargin.

So lets see how long it takes me to get through this Safari...

EDIT: Got Gloom & Vileplume. Think I've seen everyone except Kadabra at least once.

Got Kadabra & Tauros. Doing ok. Once I'm done with the Safari I'll head back to Diance...

CyberBlaziken

A Greater Evil
Safari 6/7, haven't come across Alakazam yet.
Once that done, back to coin grinding for a bit and then to Diancie and get it over with.

Aesnath

But Nothing Happened
So, I beat and caught beedrill (two tries, no GB!) and have been working on the safari. For all of my effort, I've only caught Tauros. Anyone know how to get coins on oddish?

Dragalge

"Orange" Magical Girl
EDIT: GRUMPIG HAS OVER 26000 HP WHY

Eh, Grumpig isn't so bad if you bring Bisharp along (unless it doesn't break rocks covered in barriers). I defeated it with Mega Gengar, Genesect, and Giratina with three moves left however.

Currently up to Weezing right now and I've only caught Pansear and Trevenant. Anyone have any idea how terrible Mega Mewtwo X's stage is like yet?

HylianGlaceon

Hyrulean Resident
Just when I thought I was done with the trash design. This Safari is horrible. Why is Abra like 70% of the encounters?

Hearts used (29):
Kadabra
Abra
Abra (Caught)
Abra
Abra
Oddish (Caught)
Kadabra (Caught)
Tauros (Fled after 2 Great Balls)
Kadabra
Abra
Abra
Oddish
Oddish
Oddish
Abra
Abra
Kadabra
Abra
Abra
Gloom (Caught)
Kadabra
Oddish
Abra
Abra
Abra
Abra
Abra
Abra
Kadabra

Totals:
Abra: 16
Kadabra: 6
Oddish: 5
Gloom: 1
Tauros: 1

UGH, Screw this event too. Guess I won't be grinding coins until next week at this rate.

Aesnath

But Nothing Happened
Just when I thought I was done with the trash design. This Safari is horrible. Why is Abra like 70% of the encounters?

UGH, Screw this event too. Guess I won't be grinding coins until next week at this rate.

Nothing says sorry for two back-to-back crappy EBs like a "super fun" safari!

HylianGlaceon

Hyrulean Resident
Nothing says sorry for two back-to-back crappy EBs like a "super fun" safari!

There are at least some coin stages, just good luck hitting the combo requirements on them without KOing it. Of course Abra is not one of them and is taking like every heart. Piece of Trubbish. I really wish Tauros, Vileplume and Alakazam would show up. Tauros fled last time after 2 60% Great Balls.

Aesnath

But Nothing Happened
There are at least some coin stages, just good luck hitting the combo requirements on them without KOing it. Of course Abra is not one of them and is taking like every heart. Piece of Trubbish. I really wish Tauros, Vileplume and Alakazam would show up. Tauros fled last time after 2 60% Great Balls.

OK, so what are the combo requirements for the coin stages? I think I'm the only one who doesn't "reddit".

OK, so what are the combo requirements for the coin stages? I think I'm the only one who doesn't "reddit".

Kadabra spawns coins on a 11+ or a 22+ combo, Oddish spawns coins on a 22+ combo. May not always happen though.

That said, Oddish once gave me 800 coins after spawning a line of six and a line of three in its disruptions which was kinda hilarious. I only need to catch Vileplume and Alakazam now, neither seen yet. All other five were caught in Poké Balls, four of them first encounters as well.

Tsukuyomi56

Emblian Royalty
Recently encountered Alakazam, it proved to be very easy going down in just one move and only needing a Great Ball to catch. Just have Vileplume to go before I tackle the new main stages.

Edit: Caught Vileplume as well (no Great Ball needed), now it is off the main stages before the next set of events comes on Tuesday.

Last edited:

Silversea

I haven't managed to get any coins from oddish, mostly because it just gets KOed too quickly. Vileplume has now come up 5 times. I don't think I'm quite past 80 hearts yet, not counting from 50.

Krokketto Prime Danjal

Done with worldly lies
My 21k score was enough to get the Abomasite but with a couple of minutes to spare I threw all items at Mega Abomasnow just for the sheer enjoyment of playing the stage with little resistance and ended up inside the top 400. It'll soon be Mega Speed Ups for all entries.

As others have said, this game has become way too much! Forget about all these new stages when I'm still back at Aggron, only on level 163 on Diancie and still continuing, have only caught Oddish and Gloom so far in the Safari and Beedrill despite being easy enough to beat refuses to play Pokeball! I have yet to find Alakazam or Vileplume but as my focus is still on Diancie I've only been on the Safari about 10 times. However, I loved the 1000 coins I got from my one encounter with Kadabra which could end up rivalling Staryu's stage. This Safari is so much better than the previous one.

R_N

I keep running into kadarbra

which is fine with me because this last run i managed to get 1000 coins!

god if this stage was just nromally available......

R_N

Abra's annoying because it's so common, but I'd argue Oddish is the worst stage available. It's not super uncommon and while it has a chance for coins, the requirement of 22 is ridiculous. And as such, you're likely going to miss it, kill it and then get 0 coins

Abra has the decency to give you the usual 30. Kadabra's 11-combo is pretty easy to get and you can typically get the 300 every go. The extra 100 and the subsequent combo are a little more up in the air, but still. Likely not going to get 0

HylianGlaceon

Hyrulean Resident
Abra's annoying because it's so common, but I'd argue Oddish is the worst stage available. It's not super uncommon and while it has a chance for coins, the requirement of 22 is ridiculous. And as such, you're likely going to miss it, kill it and then get 0 coins

Abra has the decency to give you the usual 30. Kadabra's 11-combo is pretty easy to get and you can typically get the 300 every go. The extra 100 and the subsequent combo are a little more up in the air, but still. Likely not going to get 0

I've been trying Gengar, Chandelure and Lampent and it has worked a few times on Oddish, so you could try it if you're not looking for Vileplume and Tauros still.

I just need that dumb 2% Alakazam now after finally getting Vileplume and Tauros caught about an hour ago. *sigh*