• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokémon Shuffle General Discussion

R_N

I've been trying Gengar, Chandelure and Lampent and it has worked a few times on Oddish, so you could try it if you're not looking for Vileplume and Tauros still.

I just need that dumb 2% Alakazam now after finally getting Vileplume and Tauros caught about an hour ago. *sigh*

I still haven't seen Vileplume or Alakazam. Thankfully I used that great ball on tauros, I haven't seen it since either

just a sea of abras, kadabras & oddish. The occasional gloom for flavor

komedy27u

I still haven't seen Vileplume or Alakazam. Thankfully I used that great ball on tauros, I haven't seen it since either

just a sea of abras, kadabras & oddish. The occasional gloom for flavor

I don't see anything wrong with a sea of Kadabras and oddish, they give coins :D you need a neutral team to not kill them though.

Dragalge

"Orange" Magical Girl
I like how Tyrantrum's disruptions are set up to look like a mouth. Very fitting. Other than that, the stage will probably require a Moves +5 to beat it depending on who your Mega is. At least it's not terrible like Trevenant and Weezing (both Pokemon that I've caught fortunately).

Cyberra

pain in the ***
I have only seen alakazam once in the safari, and I successfully caught it. It's vileplume giving me trouble. I've seen it several times but either it refuses to stay in the ball or I get a crap board and run out of turns before it goes down. Swapped out my mega sharpedo for mega glalie to do more damage on grass-types. Been working so far. Now if vileplume would just show up again...

CyberBlaziken

A Greater Evil
Super annoyed at the moment. 15 hearts on Safari and I haven't come across Alakazam yet.

Cyberra

pain in the ***
Having a team that's not especially effective against psychics has its uses... I managed to trigger kadabra's disruptions 3 times and came away with 1,300 coins. Not bad.

komedy27u

Having a team that's not especially effective against psychics has its uses... I managed to trigger kadabra's disruptions 3 times and came away with 1,300 coins. Not bad.

Exactly!

I switched to Safari grinding after a lucky 2200 coins, turns out that with both Oddish and Kadabra being coin stage I only need 800 per run to do the same amount of coins as with meowth, so every bit more is gain :D it's very inconsistent, but it comes with the plus of exploring the safari, hard to catch anything though since I have to use a neutral team, but my priority is still finishing Diancie 300...

HylianGlaceon

Hyrulean Resident
So once I finally got decent at grinding Oddish, Alakazam finally shows up. Beat it in 2 moves and caught it in a Great Ball, so that's this Safari done. Afterwards beat Beedrill itemless and caught that in a Great Ball too, so that should be all events for this week.

Now I'm trying to decide what the best thing to do right now would be. I'm thinking it'd be good to max out Kyruem who is sitting at Lv8 in case I decide to go Mega Rayquaza for the competition next week. I also want Zekrom maxed for Gyarados, so I have a bit of experience grinding to do in addition to coin grinding. I'm around 28k coins right now, so maybe I'll just grind Zekrom to 10 and Kyurem to 9, after that Meowth grind until Victini and finish off Kyurem after that. There are a bunch of others I want to max but we'll see how next week goes. If Meowth isn't a complete idiot with the coins, I might be able to get a few others to max I've been wanting for awhile (Shaymin Sky, Gliscor and Mamoswine). Main stages will probably wait a few more months sadly because I never S-Ranked and caught everything in the last update..

CyberBlaziken

A Greater Evil
So I encountered Alakazam and barely made a dent.
What team should I go into it for him?

Cyberra

pain in the ***
So I encountered Alakazam and barely made a dent.
What team should I go into it for him?

I was having very good luck with mega sharpedo, scizor, and heracross, since bug and dark are SE on psychics. When it triggers correctly, mega sharpedo makes some insane chain reaction combos. I got a skyfall chain combo of 93 on abra once, from mega sharpedo going off. If only I could get combos like that in the ranked competition stages!

CyberBlaziken

A Greater Evil
Getting combos off of Abra is easy. Reminds me of Staryu and Spinda from previous Safaris.

EDIT : I encountered Alakazam and finished him off with 4 moves remaining.
2 Great Balls and it got out. FFS. **** luck not getting Super Catch Rate.

Last edited:

Silversea

Alakazam is a terrible stage. He turned up at the ~115 heart line. Had to use a jewel for the extra turns to beat him because the 6 turns were not nearly enough. Then he immediately ran from an 80% great ball. I thought you were supposed to get 2 chances at great balls, but I guess not.

Currently debating what mega to try for next time.

Last edited:

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
Last night, Alakazam finally appeared, but the bastard didn't want me to go off easy so it made me spend 5,000 coins to capture it. Eh, at least this is over and I can go back to coin grinding to face off against Diancie's level 250. Level 300 isn't just worth it, considering how grumpy HylianGlaceon looks like.

Alakazam is a terrible stage. He turned up at the ~115 heart line. Had to use a jewel for the extra turns to beat him because the 6 turns were not nearly enough. Then he immediately ran from an 80% great ball. I thought you were supposed to get 2 chances at great balls, but I guess not.

Currently debating what mega to try for next time.

Did you happen to be lower than 2,500 coins when that happened?

Aesnath

But Nothing Happened
Things are just not staying in balls for me. Last night I caught Alakazam (GB at 62%) and Gloom (no GB, around 30%), but I can't count how many Abras, oddish, and kadabras I've whiffed on at about 20%. I feel like safari catch rates are rigged.

Dragalge

"Orange" Magical Girl
Everyone is doing the Safari and I'm here on the main stages and am wondering how to beat Magneton. Is there any way to clear all of the Magnemite/Magneton/Magnezone in a similar fashion to Staraptor's stage or no? Granted I could probably S-Rank it with Moves +5 and Mega Start but still want to see if it can be defeated itemless first.

Last edited:

HylianGlaceon

Hyrulean Resident
Last night, Alakazam finally appeared, but the bastard didn't want me to go off easy so it made me spend 5,000 coins to capture it. Eh, at least this is over and I can go back to coin grinding to face off against Diancie's level 250. Level 300 isn't just worth it, considering how grumpy HylianGlaceon looks like.

Back-to-back 300 level Escalations with a Competition, a Safari and 50 Main Stages + Expert Stages you'll never be able to touch for a few months will do that to you. If you really want to try 300 you can, just you'll need 5 Attack Power Ups and some Moves +5s for 295-299 and another 16300 coins for 300 plus hope you don't get bad RNG or you lose. Oh and you better have Mega Rayquaza as Gengar is terrible here and Mawile is only slightly better.

On another note; Zekrom is maxed so I may just go deal with the troll on 37 for a bit and try to finish Kyurem post Victini so I know where exactly to stop at. Maxing Zekrom on Ampharos makes me miss those quieter weeks we used to have.

cassius335

Aura Trainer
EDIT : I encountered Alakazam and finished him off with 4 moves remaining.
2 Great Balls and it got out. FFS. **** luck not getting Super Catch Rate.

I can top you there...it just escaped 2 Great Balls from me with Super Catch. 82% twice and it still escaped....

CyberBlaziken

A Greater Evil
I can top you there...it just escaped 2 Great Balls from me with Super Catch. 82% twice and it still escaped....

That sucks. The amount of moves you go in with is just dumb.

I got Alakazam, after a sloppy run with it that ended with me beating it with 0 moves left. Caught it at 54% with a Great Ball.

Back to coin grinding finally, and then last run with Diancie.

Everyone is doing the Safari and I'm here on the main stages and am wondering how to beat Magneton. Is there any way to clear all of the Magnemite/Magneton/Magnezone in a similar fashion to Staraptor's stage or no? Granted I could probably S-Rank it with Moves +5 and Mega Start but still want to see if it can be defeated itemless first.

Move one of the Magnezone at the far right to the far left to make a match. That should break the rock at the second column and sets off a similar effect for the rest of the columns.

Am at Weedle right now, and the stages are much harder to S-rank this time around, due to how heavy they are with disruptions and how several are working with more than one kind. I didn't think I would find Talonflame useful but here I am regretting I didn't level MAX it soon enough.