• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokémon Shuffle General Discussion

Psynergy

Strong Winds
Staff member
Super Mod
Okay Shuckle is actually garbage just for that catch rate. I've gone 5 attempts at it already all with a Great Ball thrown in each time (using the home menu trick to keep coins of course) and still haven't caught it. I'm glad this is a plain daily stage rather than some dumb gimmick stage but still, this is just obnoxious.

Psynergy

Strong Winds
Staff member
Super Mod
Well it looks likes 6 was the lucky try, definitely not a fan of this daily stage. And Shuckle has Risk Taker, good. Hoping Relicanth and Spiritomb are more reasonable than Shuckle and actually have a good ability.

zero2exe

Failed as well, no way I'm spending any amount of coins past the first great ball to catch such a shitty pokemon. Current record is two moves left with Blaziken / Aurorus / Heatran

Dragalge

"Orange" Magical Girl
I caught Shuckle on my 2nd attempt without a Great Ball with four moves left...and a combo of 72. I didn't think it was that bad but I do see why it is annoying if luck is not favoring at one's side. Had I not gotten lucky, I too would have been a bit frustrated. I am glad that is out of the way. Now to keep S-Ranking stages until I unlock Xerneas.

Last edited:
So I was kinda annoyed at Kecleon yesterday because I used up twenty hearts and consistently got a ~30% catch rate and I still didn't catch the damn thing. Didn't use any Great Balls so I'll have to wait six days to try again and hopefully my luck isn't as terrible next Tuesday.

Guess who caught Shuckle on the first try?

Probability is weird.

ellie

Δ
Staff member
Admin
So I caught (and S ranked) on my first try somehow so I guess I am just really lucky. Meanwhile I am going back through old stages to get as many S ranks as possible to try and unlock mewtwo before the competition is over and I can't get past A on gastly :|

Secundum

Lord Of Order
5 attempts for shuckle. first 3 failed catch, 4th he had a sliver of hp left, got him on 5. Nice stage design imo. Tricky, but not too tricky that you can't catch it without items before the day is up.

Edit: Just use a moves+5 on Ghastly.

ellie

Δ
Staff member
Admin
I have caught it lol I'm way past that. It helped but I still can't get under 5 moves. It's annoying and I don't want to waste coins on it but at this point I'm wasting hearts so..

Silversea

Shuckle is blegh indeed. I've used 10 hearts so far, completed it on half the attempts but catch rate is not getting me anywhere.

I suppose mega aerodactyl would destroy that stage from the start but mega start no thanks.

R_N

meh, shuckle's alright
there's been worse daily pokemon

at least this has a base 10% rate so even if you get a 0 turn remaining you're not completely out of luck. Just never spend money on the great ball

zero2exe

Welp I did S-rank the little sucker AND caught it without a great ball... still took me around 10-12 hearts to do so... such heavy lucky-based stage, hopefully spiritomb isn't a 3 move stage with disruptions D:

SkyBlue

I ate ColtonL
After the failure that was last night, caught shuckle today with 3 moves left. Which is ironic since I failed last night trying to catch it when I bought a mega start and beat it with 3 moves left. Definitely a get lucky stage, but I agree with R_N so not the worst. or at least, not the worst bug type. *shoves pinsir into the spotlight*
Got moved into the 1ks now in the competition.

ChicaSkas

I'd like to know how so many of you are grinding a bunch of coins and still having a ton of coins leftover after S-Ranking everything. Do you all have a ton of free time/ have jobs that give you a huge sum of money so you can buy a ton of jewels or something?

I know there is the Meowth stage (not the weekend one even though I use it) but you only get 130 coins a turn.

On the contrary, with skill you can get 330 per turn, just move the corner coin to the top right and match under neath to get it to fall.

R_N

On the contrary, with skill you can get 330 per turn, just move the corner coin to the top right and match under neath to get it to fall.

translator's note, skill means luck

it doesnt matter how skillful you are, if the mewoth's initial set up doesnt allow you to make the matches you want you're probably (but not always because, again, luck of what falls down when) not oging to be able to do that

Secundum

Lord Of Order
More luck than skill though-it can be done most of the time, and the amount of times you get 530 almost offset the times you only get 130 coins.

R_N

More luck than skill though-it can be done most of the time, and the amount of times you get 530 almost offset the times you only get 130 coins.

though it is nevertheless disheartening when you accidentally cause a chain reaction and wind up with a meager 30