• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokémon Shuffle General Discussion

zero2exe

I might be captain obvious here but it's funny how the stage's initial layout resemble the pokemon you''re battling against (Take Regirock and Spiritomb for example)

SkyBlue

I ate ColtonL
Took my 5th/last heart, but I caught it ^w^
yay spookify(was hoping for 70 base power but oh well).

bobandbill

Winning Smile
Staff member
Super Mod
Got it on my second attempt. I agree that the puzzle design (vaguely) resembling the Pokemon is neat. Otherwise not much to speak about here.

Secundum

Lord Of Order
I might be captain obvious here but it's funny how the stage's initial layout resemble the pokemon you''re battling against (Take Regirock and Spiritomb for example)

Yeah, I was thinking that when I saw the spiral shape. Didn't notice Regirocks one though.

Rakurai

Spookify would be nice if it wasn't so horribly unreliable.

Even on some of the longer levels like Ampharos, it frequently doesn't trigger even once.

Silversea

Spiritomb was pretty random but when you set up matches of 4 it goes pretty quick. Catch rate isn't bad either which is nice. 20% at I think it was 5 turns remaining.

R_N

Spookify would be nice if it wasn't so horribly unreliable.

Even on some of the longer levels like Ampharos, it frequently doesn't trigger even once.

this is the problem with a lot of abilities, even the less useful ones. Even with a match of 4 it will still barely activate.
it's also not very consistent, i think. Quake (delays a disruption) seems like one of those rare activation but has a similar-but-inferior effect to Mind Zap (reset the disruption timer), which activates more often.

zero2exe

this is the problem with a lot of abilities, even the less useful ones. Even with a match of 4 it will still barely activate.
it's also not very consistent, i think. Quake (delays a disruption) seems like one of those rare activation but has a similar-but-inferior effect to Mind Zap (reset the disruption timer), which activates more often.
I strongly believe that the activation of some skills are also dependant on the enemy pokemon type. For example I have seen Quake to activate far more often against rock types (Like regirock or Aero) than on electric types (Ampharos).
So far aside from the 100% activation skills I find Damage Streak / Hitting Streak to be the most reliable among all because even a match of 3 has a high chance of activating and 4 or more will have a 100% activation rate which allows you to chain them for several turns.

komedy27u

I just defeated mewtwo, I wanted to defeat him "legally" (no items) before spending all my money spaming items, even used Exp1.5 xD. It's sad how easy it is to S-rank him that way, and with 70% it wasn't caught... Super Ball saves the day again!

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
I just defeated mewtwo, I wanted to defeat him "legally" (no items) before spending all my money spaming items, even used Exp1.5 xD. It's sad how easy it is to S-rank him that way, and with 70% it wasn't caught... Super Ball saves the day again!

Mewtwo is nigh impossible to even defeat with no items. It's designed in such way to MAKE people spend coins.

komedy27u

mega mewtwo, though

Yeah, with Mewtwo I could practice and practice until I became fast enough, so only needed a lucky shot and some levels. Mega Mewtwo... I believe it's possible without items, but it needs a lot of luck.

Reminds me of Mega Lucario, but this time they can use Megastart, you can't have it any easier than that xD

Silversea

Is getting the mega mewtwo stone just random then because I still don't have it?

Nevermind I worked it out.

Last edited:

Erron Black

The Outlaw
Mewtwo is nigh impossible to even defeat with no items. It's designed in such way to MAKE people spend coins.

Ehh... I got him real close, if I remember right I got him down to about 1/16th of his health. You just have to get real lucky and have really strong Pokemon with you.

But the coins make it a lot easier.

Dragalge

"Orange" Magical Girl
Oh my god I finally caught Xerneas after it failed to go in two Great Balls and a streak of either failing to complete the stage or barely beating it with only having a 1% catch rate. I also caught Togekiss as well who's stage is pretty difficult imo. Hopefully with a Mega Start and Complexity -1 I will boost myself in the top 30,000 (I only have access to Mega Slowbro right now).

MonMonCandie

Radio - On Air!
Finally S-ranked the Mega Gengar stage...though at the expense of my free Complexity -1... I have a feeling I'm going to regret that because I have yet to S-rank the Mega Mewtwo Y/Mega Glalie stages and I don't have the coins to pay for another Complexity -1. TT_TT Hopefully I'll manage to snag a Lucarionite this time and use it for Mega Glalie, but Mega Mewtwo Y though...

Psynergy

Strong Winds
Staff member
Super Mod
I actually managed to luck out on a no item run of Mewtwo and finished with like 17 seconds left (or something similar maybe slightly less), managed to catch it with that and no home menu buffering. Don't think I even needed the Great Ball but I could be wrong. This sounds way too good to be true but I know I caught it itemless and without the home menu trick, at the cost of not S ranking it. But unless S ranking EX stages becomes necessary I won't bother.

MonMonCandie

Radio - On Air!
I used the home button trick too, so I didn't have to use items on Mewtwo. However, I think it took me three times to catch it with no Great Ball. :) And agreed--the only S-rank EX stages I've done were Absol, Blastoise, Entei, and Raikou. I'm fine with that. lol

Last edited: