• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokémon Shuffle General Discussion

Exsception

Born Completionist
Going back to this, one of the (spanish) dataminers saw it added a few other things, aside from the weekend shop, mostly place holders.

Seems like it added ~40 placeholder abilities. They don't have names or descriptions, but weren't there before. I'd hazard a guess that some of those are intended for alolan pokemon?
More interesting, there's some text associated with the special shop that implies some future types of stuff you can buy

I'll just paste the google translation from the pastebin

the fact the description even says its a better offer than the one in the normal store is hilarious.

I don't know if it would be worth using jewels for increased odds, but I guess if the time is right then those could prove to be useful.

Question; was Stabilize always able to destroy barriers? I'm pretty sure it could only remove blocks and rocks at one point, but it's definitely destroying barriers now.

R_N

I don't know if it would be worth using jewels for increased odds, but I guess if the time is right then those could prove to be useful.

Question; was Stabilize always able to destroy barriers? I'm pretty sure it could only remove blocks and rocks at one point, but it's definitely destroying barriers now.

Pretty stabilize always removed ANY disruption. Rocks, Coins, Barriers, non-support pokemon, Blocks.

Also improved odds depends on HOW improved. Is it like...50% better? 75%? A mere 25%?

Exsception

Born Completionist
This week has gone exceptionally well for me. I got an SL4 Uxie, an SL5 Greninja, and a total of 12 RMLs between Mesprit and Greninja. My coin situation could be better, but it should be enough to get by tomorrow's events. In speaking of tomorrow's events, do you think we'll be getting our first glimpse of gen 7 Pokemon?

Krokketto Prime Danjal

Done with worldly lies
So nice to have had a rare quiet week for a change.

I have managed to get back to all S rank status. The likes of Tentacruel and Dragonite needed multiple item attempts for the S. Funny how I caught Tentacruel at its base catch rate and yet it had escaped me earlier at over 70%. I haven't caught everything, neither have I beaten Samurott yet. That may be the first Expert stage that I'll need items for in order to beat it.

Mesprit gave me a RML on its final day to add to the other 3 that it dropped over the 2 weeks, unfortunately I missed getting one of them. It's about 2 points away from SL3.

I'm back at max coins (it's so nice to be 'rich' again) so I'm ready for the competition, EB, Safari and new Pokémon that they'll (probably) throw at us in the morning.

Got Greninja to SL3 and also received a RML.

R_N

So nice to have had a rare quiet week for a change.

I have managed to get back to all S rank status. The likes of Tentacruel and Dragonite needed multiple item attempts for the S. Funny how I caught Tentacruel at its base catch rate and yet it had escaped me earlier at over 70%. I haven't caught everything, neither have I beaten Samurott yet. That may be the first Expert stage that I'll need items for in order to beat it.

Mesprit gave me a RML on its final day to add to the other 3 that it dropped over the 2 weeks, unfortunately I missed getting one of them. It's about 2 points away from SL3.

I'm back at max coins (it's so nice to be 'rich' again) so I'm ready for the competition, EB, Safari and new Pokémon that they'll (probably) throw at us in the morning.

Got Greninja to SL3 and also received a RML.

probably no safari, it lasts for another week.
could easily see a new escalation though

Cyberra

pain in the ***
Please no new escalations... I just got my coin stash back to over 64k and I want to push ahead in the main stages. Try to get closer to m-ttar's stage b/c I'm sick of hearing about how great it is and it being practically required for everything

R_N

Alright let's see what we got...

Giratina Escalation
Dialga challenge
Garchomp competition
Chesnaught.....ok?

and finally, Lugia & Ho-oh pikachus

e: Lugia Pikachu is a once a day timed stage. Lots of barriers, disrupts with barriers and blocks.
base 8% and then...+1% for every seoncd you finish? I just greatballed it at 36% to be done with it. Ability is Eject+

Ho-oh lugia is once a day with 15 moves. starting board is some barriers and some blocks in the corner. Disrupts with random blocks and barriers.
I got a SCP so caught that in one go too. Power of 5+

Oddly, neither pikachu can use RMLs.

e2: Checking the list, looks like the 2 new year pikachus are up on deck as well.
The end of the list also added Plusle, Minun, Goldeen, Seaking, Krabby & Kingler
Guessing that next week we get a new safari to replace the existing one and those all + the pikachus (as 2%ers probably) will be in it

Last edited:
New Content
Ho-Ohchu (Once a Day, drops PSB's, SBS, SBL)
Lugiachu (Once a Day, drops PSB's, SBS, RML)
Giratina-O EB
Chesnaught (Drops PSB's, RML's)

Returning Content
Mega Garchomp (Bring Winking Manaphy, 3DS Players can spend a jewel instead of coins for an attempt)
Dialga (Drops PSB's)
Daily Pokémon #4 (Drops Coins)

Future Content
Daily Pokémon #5 (Drops Coins)
Kimono Pikachu Safari
Reshiram (Drops PSB's)
Black Kyurem (Drops PSB's)
Hydreigon (Drops PSB's, RML's?)

Challenges
Ho-Oh Pikachu: Base 50 Electric-type w/ Power of 5+.
Lugia Pikachu: Base 50 Electric-type w/ Eject+.
Kimono Pikachu-M: Base 50 Electric-type w/ Sleep Combo.
Kimono Pikachu-F: Base 50 Electric-type w/ Paralysis Combo.
Krabby: Base 50 Water-type w/ Block Smash+.
Kingler: Base 60 Water-type w/ Hyper Punch.
Goldeen: Base 50 Water-type w/ Eject+.
Seaking: Base 60 Water-type w/ Whirlpool.
Plusle: Base 60 Electric-type w/ Flash Mob.
Minun: Base 60 Electric-type w/ Flash Mob.

EB Prizes
Lv10: 1× Skill Booster M
Lv20: 1× Exp. Booster M
Lv30: 1× Time +10
Lv40: 1× Skill Swapper
Lv55: 1× Exp. ×1.5
Lv70: 1× Mega Speedup
Lv85: 1× Skill Booster S
Lv100: 1× Mega Speedup
Lv130: 1× Raise Max Level
Lv150: 1× Mega Speedup
Lv200: 2× Raise Max Level
Lv250: 2× Raise Max Level
Lv280: 2× Mega Speedup
Lv300: 3× Raise Max Level

That's your content for the next couple of weeks. Yes, Stage 10 of Giratina-O is a boss stage.

---

As for my happenings, I managed to finish catching/S-Ranking Nacht Carnival and caught Samurott coinless in seven hearts thanks to Angrychu. Got to 94k for the update and spent coins on AP↑ and M+5 to get the new Pikachu out of the way and caught for item drops (both went in Poké Balls thank goodness). As for Mesprit, I got enough PSB's to get SL3 exactly and got 2 RML's total. Not bad considering I failed one day.

Also spent 26k on the Mega Garchomp competition and got a score on the fourth attempt I am pretty happy with; 98,017 with Aggron / Keldeo / Wailord / Winking Manaphy, which has been P1 in EU 3DS for the last few hours. Aggron is the best mega, Keldeo/Wailord for dual Flash Mob and reliable 1k DMG first match each turn, and Winking Manaphy to profit off disruptions in the second half (Yes I RMLed Winking Manaphy prior to the update because I knew it was going to show up as a disruption). There's Chesnaught in the skyfall, but there aren't many and tappers can get rid of them in about four turns. As for the run itself, I got the maximum cycles the competition can give and got healthy combos off each disruption so it should be a pretty safe Tier 1 spot. I feel 110k at the very least is doable for the comp, but you'll need great RNG to get there and I don't expect to stay in the Top 5 for too long.

Now to deal with this new EB with ~61k coins. Shouldn't be too annoying but last time it was around I abused the combo bug which isn't there anymore so I shouldn't get too far ahead of myself.

Last edited:

Exsception

Born Completionist
Ho-oh and Lugia Pikachu. This not only makes zero sense, but it's also completely pointless. I'm starting to think that they just thought up a bunch of Pikachu forms on the spot so that one day, they could have a Pikachu for every skill.

This week will likely not go well for me. After the long PSB grind on Greninja I'm starting this week with only 30K coins. Like the past two Escalations, I'm probably going to have to stop around the midway point and focus on other things, like the comp. Winkaphy is going to need to be trained up on Ampharos.

Secundum

Lord Of Order
Now to deal with this new EB with ~61k coins. Shouldn't be too annoying but last time it was around I abused the combo bug which isn't there anymore so I shouldn't get too far ahead of myself.

Which combo bug?
And I didn't even notice 10 was a boss stage till I'd completed it lol.
I just thought I'd hit the point where the stage changed.

HylianGlaceon

Hyrulean Resident
As expected, Giratina-O got changed like Darkrai.

Stage 40 - 21450 -> 29172 HP.
Stage 70 - 25400 -> 33976 HP.
Stage 100 - 34288 -> 34288 HP (No change).
Stage 130 - 31288 -> 41328 HP.
Stage 150 - 32340 -> 39270 HP.
Stage 200 - 68040 (3 Pokemon Stage with C-1 iirc) -> 49410 HP (Likely 4 Pokemon Stage with C-1 now).
Stage 250 - 47040 (30 seconds) -> 32340 HP (A good change perhaps?).
Stage 280 - 82220 (3 Pokemon Stage with C-1 iirc) -> 58968 HP (Likely 4 Pokemon Stage with C-1 now).
Stage 300 - 51212 -> 64092 HP (Likely a 4 Pokemon stage with C-1).

Right now we do't know much beyond the numbers but 200 is when it starts to get ridiculous.

Exsception

Born Completionist
As expected, Giratina-O got changed like Darkrai.

Stage 40 - 21450 -> 29172 HP.
Stage 70 - 25400 -> 33976 HP.
Stage 100 - 34288 -> 34288 HP (No change).
Stage 130 - 31288 -> 41328 HP.
Stage 150 - 32340 -> 39270 HP.
Stage 200 - 68040 (3 Pokemon Stage with C-1 iirc) -> 49410 HP (Likely 4 Pokemon Stage with C-1 now).
Stage 250 - 47040 (30 seconds) -> 32340 HP (A good change perhaps?).
Stage 280 - 82220 (3 Pokemon Stage with C-1 iirc) -> 58968 HP (Likely 4 Pokemon Stage with C-1 now).
Stage 300 - 51212 -> 64092 HP (Likely a 4 Pokemon stage with C-1).

Right now we do't know much beyond the numbers but 200 is when it starts to get ridiculous.

Great. These Escalations are starting to become more trouble than they're worth. If they're going to buff the stages, they should also buff the prizes.

e: Beat stage 10 itemless with no time to spare. Putting a tough stage in this early is evil, especially for the beginner Shufflers.

Last edited:

R_N

The safari next week's already been data mined, though its about what you expect.

Krabby 7000 8 14% +2% 28%
Kingler 6295 7 16% +2% 12%
Goldeen 5800 8 10% +2% 26%
Seaking 1500 4 22% +2% 10%
Minum 3100 6 17% +3% 10%
Plusle 3100 7 17% +3% 10%
Pik. imperial 2700 6 30% +2% 2%
Pik. kimono 2400 6 27% +3% 2%

sigh cant wait to go fishing for pikachus...

Just look at those amazing catch rates. Really high and we will totally be able to Poké Ball most of these in one-two attempts at each stage. Stunning.

Moving on, gone past Lv40 of Giratina-O and am on the way to Lv70 now. 40 was done itemless barely thanks to getting 20+ matches after time was called including Mega Tyranitar matches and under Sinister Power which I didn't get to activate and hold until about 15 secs left. That was a second try, surprising since Lv10 was a third try itemless.

Also first day of item drops for the new Pikachu yielded only PSB's for both. Bleh.

Which combo bug?
And I didn't even notice 10 was a boss stage till I'd completed it lol.
I just thought I'd hit the point where the stage changed.

I'll put it like this. Last time this EB was around, I abused an interaction between Zoroark's Sinister Power and Sableye's Lv3 Risk-Taker to make Sableye deal significantly more damage than expected while Sinister Power was active. Really helped with the DPS, especially later on. Now that got patched long ago and the boss stages got buffed/"nerfed". Going all the way will be pretty tough/expensive unless 200/250/280 actually don't have forced supports (we still don't know about this).

R_N

i needed time+10 AND dd to do 40. i tried like 6 times otherwise and 2 of those with time+10 (I still had extras from previous gifts).

Exsception

Born Completionist
40 done itemless with time to spare because Sinister Power was up most of the time. I might temporarily stop when things are no longer itemless so that I can get some Ampharos grinding done before I make my Garcomp run.

First day of Pikachu drops netted me a PSB for each and a Small Skill Booster from Lugiachu. Could be better.

R_N

40 done itemless with time to spare because Sinister Power was up most of the time. I might temporarily stop when things are no longer itemless so that I can get some Ampharos grinding done before I make my Garcomp run.

First day of Pikachu drops netted me a PSB for each and a Small Skill Booster from Lugiachu. Could be better.

a SMALL booster?!

A SMALL????

a small and its not even a guaranteed drop i cant even

HylianGlaceon

Hyrulean Resident
Going all the way will be pretty tough/expensive unless 200/250/280 actually don't have forced supports (we still don't know about this).
Someone just confirmed 5th support on Stage 200 being Metal Blocks so yeah. *sigh* What a way to continue the trend of horrid Escalations.

In additional to this, my touchscreen has issues with the calibration in the middle, so Timed stages are even harder now. (Only options appear to be to send it in for repairs or buy a new system, both of which I don't really want to do right now. Already re-calibrated it a ton of times and no changes..)