• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokémon Shuffle General Discussion

Cyberra

pain in the ***
I feel stupid, but was the Charizard X competition releases yesterday? It's begging for us to Skill Swap Goodra to Unity Power with it being disrupted.

The competition stared today; they gave us a single day of sort-of peace between comps before springing this one on us. And yes, they want us to use goodra.

I'm back up to over 25k coins. Gonna start running goodra through ampharos soon, since I only just caught the thing.

Secundum

Lord Of Order
That's a pain. Goodra was good enough with it's default ability...

Secundum

Lord Of Order
Any advice for stage 200 and the ones following it? Itemless attempt got to almost halfway, so an atk+ and a +10 seconds with a steel combo team should do it.

I used only AP↑ for 200 but I also used really unconventional strats: SL5 Skarmory / SL5 Heatran / SL5 Machamp / SL5 Hitmonlee (I farmed that the past couple of weeks, got that done in 224 hearts, 51 hearts less than expected). Basically abused SL5 Shot Out taking advantage of forced support for most of the run and then finished up with Heatran to melt Kyurem. No mega evolution on my team but the team performed better without it; the team was based around dealing burst damage and mega evolutions dont help towards that and their mega effects tended to create a "combo won't stop" issue that dogged me badly on 70 and 100 before I ditched the mega for 100 and immediately experienced better results (100 and 150 itemless when I had to use AP↑ for 70) to the point where I ditched using a mega altogether until I stopped after beating 200. The experience did pretty much show me how good Shot Out was and I was using a blank slot for stages that didn't have forced support to take full advantage.

Been farming Meowth for now. Might farm Goodra, idk. Tapu Koko was annoying. Lucked out and got Bulbasaur in Start of Month challenge for a Skill Booster L. Could resume EB to 250 if I have time, but probably not.

---

Also we are getting more Pikachu next week. From the looks of things, we are getting Mega Charizard Y Pikachu, Teary Pikachu, Surprised Pikachu, Dizzy Pikachu, and Fired Up Pikachu. And the crowd goes wild. Also Tapu Lele, which will probably be as annoying as Tapu Koko and probably not worth the coins as well...

R_N

I used only AP↑ for 200 but I also used really unconventional strats: SL5 Skarmory / SL5 Heatran / SL5 Machamp / SL5 Hitmonlee (I farmed that the past couple of weeks, got that done in 224 hearts, 51 hearts less than expected). Basically abused SL5 Shot Out taking advantage of forced support for most of the run and then finished up with Heatran to melt Kyurem. No mega evolution on my team but the team performed better without it; the team was based around dealing burst damage and mega evolutions dont help towards that and their mega effects tended to create a "combo won't stop" issue that dogged me badly on 70 and 100 before I ditched the mega for 100 and immediately experienced better results (100 and 150 itemless when I had to use AP↑ for 70) to the point where I ditched using a mega altogether until I stopped after beating 200. The experience did pretty much show me how good Shot Out was and I was using a blank slot for stages that didn't have forced support to take full advantage.

Been farming Meowth for now. Might farm Goodra, idk. Tapu Koko was annoying. Lucked out and got Bulbasaur in Start of Month challenge for a Skill Booster L. Could resume EB to 250 if I have time, but probably not.

---

Also we are getting more Pikachu next week. From the looks of things, we are getting Mega Charizard Y Pikachu, Teary Pikachu, Surprised Pikachu, Dizzy Pikachu, and Fired Up Pikachu. And the crowd goes wild. Also Tapu Lele, which will probably be as annoying as Tapu Koko and probably not worth the coins as well...

Eject++ 70 BP Electric honestly isn't total trash. Worth the coins? heavens no, but all the tapu will probably be at least a little useful. And I'm sure they'll get some absurd secondary skill 6 months from now.

Guessing one of hte pikachu will be a once a day challenge, another will be a high speed challenge and the other 2 go into a repurposed safari. We still have a few safari without pikachus in them and we just had a new safari, so I can see them just reusing one.

R_N

The Tapus will be useful.

...In the competitions that force people to use them.

Tapus will be super useful when they get Nature's Madness, a skill with a 1% activation rate that instantly halves a stage's HP

Entirely unrelated here are stages with 50,000 HP that must be s ranked in 3 moves

HylianGlaceon

Hyrulean Resident
Tapus will be super useful when they get Nature's Madness, a skill with a 1% activation rate that instantly halves a stage's HP

Entirely unrelated here are stages with 50,000 HP that must be s ranked in 3 moves
Don't forget that it can PSB grinded to SL5 for 5/10/20 activation rates and horrid PSB droprate on its stage. Only 200k+ coins to get it to SL5! Better grind it too since it'll be useful in that week's competition! Also RML it as it can hit Lv.30! Moving on....

Realistically, Eject++ is okay, but niche and I already have Jolteon + Leafeon invested because I like them. If you have either, Tapu Koko is pretty meh and a tapper will do better on additional icons than it.

So, literal RNGFest Competition and abysmal droprate from Goodra preventing me from grinding it further. Took 15k coins to get it to SL3. If I were to max it out to SL5, it'd take somewhere close to 100k coins and Goodra is honestly niche being SE only on Dragon so not worth the headache. Screw Unity Power and LDE in general for ruining the game while we are at it too. I just want to catch Rapidash and Serperior but can't without invested Ash Greninja and Heatran.

Cyberra

pain in the ***
My shot at the competition netted me a score of around 412k. Good for 273rd place. We'll see how far I drop before the end...

Back to meowth.

R_N

God I hate original meowth compared with alolan meowth.
The starting board sucks and I rarely break 5k

Krokketto Prime Danjal

Done with worldly lies
Just scraped into tier 3 with a much more modest score in the previous competition. I haven't done a full items run for M CharX yet. My Goodra needs another 50 skill points to reach SL5 but I will probably feed it the SBL Bulbasaur gave me and I'm hoping Eevee will be generous too. Not sure how many of my 51 EBLs I want to give to Dragonite now that boosters have become gold dust.

I knew my luck would run out eventually in one these Ultra Challenges. I had to do 2 full items attempts to get Trashy Koko because it ran after 4 failed 50% GBs! It gave me max SCP the second time... grr.

Heading towards 250 in the EB. 200 needed attack boost and +10s. Finished it with 9s to go after a 5 match Regirock wallop in a Metal combo team.

Secundum

Lord Of Order
Don't forget that it can PSB grinded to SL5 for 5/10/20 activation rates and horrid PSB droprate on its stage. Only 200k+ coins to get it to SL5! Better grind it too since it'll be useful in that week's competition! Also RML it as it can hit Lv.30! Moving on....

Realistically, Eject++ is okay, but niche and I already have Jolteon + Leafeon invested because I like them. If you have either, Tapu Koko is pretty meh and a tapper will do better on additional icons than it.

So, literal RNGFest Competition and abysmal droprate from Goodra preventing me from grinding it further. Took 15k coins to get it to SL3. If I were to max it out to SL5, it'd take somewhere close to 100k coins and Goodra is honestly niche being SE only on Dragon so not worth the headache. Screw Unity Power and LDE in general for ruining the game while we are at it too. I just want to catch Rapidash and Serperior but can't without invested Ash Greninja and Heatran.

Why not just use some of the skill boosters you get from Eevee?

R_N

Wanted to do a run on charizard...why are some people only running 3 pokemon? What's the "5th" pokemon

Exsception

Born Completionist
Wanted to do a run on charizard...why are some people only running 3 pokemon? What's the "5th" pokemon

There isn't one. This is a 4-Pokemon stage with a c-1 up for purchase. Yet another Competition where your end result is entirely up to RNG.

R_N

There isn't one. This is a 4-Pokemon stage with a c-1 up for purchase. Yet another Competition where your end result is entirely up to RNG.

oh....gross. I'll buy the DD & Attack Power, but this competition is not worth a complexity.

HylianGlaceon

Hyrulean Resident
Why not just use some of the skill boosters you get from Eevee?
It's 10 each for Goodra and Ash-Greninja and 12 for Heatran so that's 32 Mediums. Meh, I was tempted to but gonna wait.

Anyhow, very dumb of me to do this, but I went back to Goodra to get it up to SL5. I was kinda close to max coins anyhow and I'm hoping it'll at least pay off in the competition as there's zero chance of hitting a high tier without SL5 UP. Got 6 Small Skill Boosters throughout, but not being RMLs is kinda disappointing. It cost somewhere around 60k I want to estimate. (I tried a new method of messing with RNG and it seemed to help with the droprates. No more 10+ droughts but who knows if it was just RNG itself in the end.)

Had to also use a Jewel on Weekend Meowth and will probably be way below max coins next week.

Finally, seeing as Ash-Greninja is here (I thought it was regular Greninja initially confirmed?) and it could save me some Skill Boosters, I started grinding that with the free Infinite Hearts and with some regenerating hearts. Even if I use every heart I get while it is here, I can't max it out, so I am kinda disappointed. The droprate needs some improvement though if each run costs 2 hearts.

Krokketto Prime Danjal

Done with worldly lies
Unfortunately, anyone who didn't PSB grind A-Greninja when its stage originally appeared lost out. I don't know what the drop rate is like this time around but it was pretty decent for me the first time and paying 2 hearts is totally a ripoff. I only got 3 SBS's from Goodra whilst taking it up to SL4 (and 1/6). The rest it can have in cookies.

jolteonjak

*swoons for Noland*
If people are getting 1 million plus scores on this competition, maybe I can get over 100k again, which will land me in Tier 5 or something.