• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokémon Shuffle General Discussion

R_N

I got 80k and went to double check the scores and did not realize the top scores were over a million

the stage really is just a slot machine, huh? The disruptions are basically entirely based around unity power so it's just a question of how many goodra match up and how many times it activates

Secundum

Lord Of Order
Yeah, competitions were better when they were entirely time-based and Tapping Megas didn't exist.

Secundum

Lord Of Order
It's 10 each for Goodra and Ash-Greninja and 12 for Heatran so that's 32 Mediums. Meh, I was tempted to but gonna wait.

Only if you all the way up. I generally leave things at SL3. It's good enough.
Also, when does the free infinite hearts expire? Does anyone know?

R_N

Yeah, competitions were better when they were entirely time-based and Tapping Megas didn't exist.

Even move based competitions weren't as bad as they are now since they typically didn't do the current nonsense of use this specific flavor of the week pokemon with its ability swapepd and at SL5 and possibly at level 15 depending on the pokemon.

HylianGlaceon

Hyrulean Resident
Only if you all the way up. I generally leave things at SL3. It's good enough.
Also, when does the free infinite hearts expire? Does anyone know?
At SL3, Unity Power has a multiplier of x7.5. At SL5 it has x12. I'm not sure it would be worth to use cookies on it just to get it to SL3. Last-Ditch Effort is also x7.5 at SL3 and x15 at SL5, so LDE really doesn't seem worth investing in if you don't go all the way (or in general outside of potential forced Escalation usage like Dusknoir). Regardless, I've gotten Goodra and Ash Greninja somewhat done via the PSB grinding stages, but we all know some random junkmon will get Unity Power in the future and they'll force us to use it on the next EX Stage in order to get anything sort of reasonable catch rate.

The free trial should be here for one more day. I used mine, along with 20+ banked hearts and every possible regenerating heart on Ash-Greninja and got it to SL4 and about 1/5 (which turns out is probably just under HALF overall to SL5). Guess I'll try Rapidash out sometime and see if SL4 cuts it. If not, I'll have to wait for a repeat of this again. Such a stupid requirement to catch Rapidash, GS.

Krokketto Prime Danjal

Done with worldly lies
Perfect A-Greninja and perfect Regirock eventually helped me beat and capture Rapidash without items and only when UP decided to play along. Couldn't have done it with just UP either, LDE was a must for me.

Secundum

Lord Of Order
In the late 280s for the escalation.
Keep missing the stages by miniscule amounts of hp, even with Pyre and similar things. Anyone got any advice?

HylianGlaceon

Hyrulean Resident
In the late 280s for the escalation.
Keep missing the stages by miniscule amounts of hp, even with Pyre and similar things. Anyone got any advice?
Got a team easy to distinguish from each other? I used Mega T-Tar (15/15), Ho-oh (Lv.15, Pyre), Reshiram (Lv.15) and Emboar (Lv.15, RT SL4) for the final stretch. Emboar could probably be switched to something else, just try not to have anything too similar to the other members in appearance.

Basically, just start Pyre on a 4/5 match and get T-Tar evolved asap (so less icons in the skyfall). Whenever you get a Mega T-Tar match take out disruptions if there are any, make at least a single match (preferably a vertical one) and if there are any left over, put the remaining taps at the top. You want to be able to make matches right away after doing a Mega T-Tar match so don't tap away too much on the board. Tapping at the top gives you more time to match before the combo breaks.

You could also go with other Megas, but T-Tar stands out and is still SE. Aggron blends in with Reshiram before evolving and all of the Fire Megas have some serious downsides in timed that I think T-Tar is the way to go. If T-Tar is too slow for you, Shiny Rayquaza could probably work, but it isn't SE unfortunately.

Exsception

Born Completionist
I scored just 220K on "Wheel of Charizard" even with my Lv. 20 Dragonite. Not gonna lie, I am anxious for this game to end now. I can't take many more of GS's trash stages.

Krokketto Prime Danjal

Done with worldly lies
I've hit 275 in the EB. If I can play well enough, I can avoid using the complexity-1 here but there's a good chance I will mess up badly like I did with 250. Not sure if I will then have the time to reach 300. I do have a LOT of RMLs and a full item run would take me down to about 20k coins which is like poverty to me.

Thanks to having Breloom in the 4th slot, my level 13 Dragonite and perfect Goodra got me a score of over 730000 which is top tier for now. Really disappointed with my last turn which gave me such a low combo but the final disruption hurt me. Dancing Dragons worked well but UP missed twice on 6 matches??!!

R_N

I scored just 220K on "Wheel of Charizard" even with my Lv. 20 Dragonite. Not gonna lie, I am anxious for this game to end now. I can't take many more of GS's trash stages.

If they just had a consistent amount of pokemon week to week we'd get there fast. Instead they engorge for like a solid month then famine arrives.
We're getting 4 or 5 special pikachus next week though!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Which leaves us with ~57 "Special" (winknig, pikachus, shinies) pokemon. Hot diggity

Secundum

Lord Of Order
Finished off the escalation. Turns out doing it while upright and awake gives better results than doing it while lying in bed on my side.
Fun fact: I got an anger skip to 304 the first time I tried it and got the same stage as 300. Which means that 300 isn't a boss stage, it's just the first stage of a series of super-hard stages, which happens to give a reward.

Got 400k on the wheel of fate, and still in the trashy prizes. What a fng fest. Worst escalation there's ever been imo, as it has zero skill at all...

HylianGlaceon

Hyrulean Resident
Oh boy, Lv. 30 Pokemon exist now. I am curious what the max AP ends up at. I'd assume 160 for Mewtwo assuming the 3 AP per level thing?

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
And immediately Charichu appears first heart I spend and gets captured in a Poke Ball. Base catch rate is 17% with every move left an extra 2%. Caught it at 19%.

The stage is somewhat littered with Charichu and Charizard icons around the middle, and Charichu disrupts with a few barriers and its own icons.

Exsception

Born Completionist
This update gave a massive and much-needed buff to Psychic types.

-Victini can now take RMLs and be SS'ed to LDE
-Mewtwo and a couple of other Psychic types can now be boosted to Lv. 30
-Uxie, Azelf, and Mesprit can all take 10 RMLs and be SS'ed to Flash Mob. (It's probably best to keep Mind Zap and Sleep Charm for Uxie and Mesprit, but Azelf should swapped.)

A few non-psychic type but also important buffs are:

-Braviary can take 5 RMLs
-Lucario can be boosted to Lv. 30
-Groudon can be boosted to Lv. 30 and can be SS'ed to Barrier Shot
-Both Shaymin forms can now take 5 RMLs
-Dialga and Palkia can now take 10 RMLs rather than 5
-Chansey can be SS'ed to Super Cheer, which guarantees that the next match's skill be triggered
-Ninetales can now take 5 RMLs and be SS'ed to Burn+
-Regigigas can be boosted to Lv. 30

And that's just to list a few.

New Content
New Main Stages (Mega Abomasnow)
New Expert Stages (Dugtrio)
New RML/SS additions.
Pikachu Safari (Angry, Winking, Enamored, Smiling, MCY)
Celebration Pikachu thing

Returning Content
Alolan Content (Magearna, Alolan Meowth, Oranguru, Passimian)
Meloetta-A EB
Beedrill Great Challenge (Drops PSB's)
Dialga Great Challenge (Drops PSB's)
Palkia Great Challenge (Drops PSB's)
Great Daily Challenge [Kabutops, Pikachu (Happy), Cradily, Armaldo, Groudon, Kyogre, Carracosta, Archeops, Drifblim, Dusknoir, Thundurus (Therian Forme), Tornadus (Therian Forme), Landorus (Therian Forme), Tepig] (Drops PSB's)
Daily Pokémon #3 (Drops Coins)

Future Content
Tapu Lele Great Challenge
Uxie Great Challenge (Drops PSB's)
Mesprit Great Challenge (Drops PSB's)
Azelf Great Challenge (Drops PSB's)
New Safari (Pikipek, Trumbeak, Deerling Summer, Sawsbuck Summer, Drampa)
Mega Beedrill Competition (FAST MATCH, Bring Meloetta-A)
Daily Pokémon #4 (Drops Coins)

Main / Expert Stage Pokémon
Kricketot: Base 30 Bug-type w/ Daunt.
Bagon: PSB Farmable.
Cryogonal: Base 70 Ice-type w/ Barrier Shot.
Kricketune: Base 50 Bug-type w/ Calm Down.
Croagunk: PSB Farmable.
Shelgon: PSB Farmable.
Basculin-B: Base 60 Water-type w/ Hitting Streak+.
Snover: PSB Farmable.
Toxicroak: PSB Farmable.
Salamence: PSB Farmable.
Hippopotas: PSB Farmable.
Turtwig: Base 50 Grass-type w/ Leaf Combo.
Abomasnow: PSB Farmable.
Cherubi: PSB Farmable.
Buneary: PSB Farmable.
Hippowdon: PSB Farmable.
Cherrim: PSB Farmable.
Grotle: Base 60 Grass-type w/ Shot Out.
Lopunny: PSB Farmable.
Mega Abomasnow: Retired Competition Mega.
Dugtrio: Base 60 Ground-type w/ Block Shot.

Event Pokémon
Mega Charizard Y Pikachu: Base 50 Electric-type w/ Burn.
Tapu Lele: Base 70 Psychic-type w/ Stabilise++.
Pikipek: Base 40 Flying-type w/ Hitting Streak+.
Trumbeak: Base 50 Flying-type w/ Block Smash+.
Deerling-Summer: Base 50 Grass-type w/ .
Sawsbuck-Summer: Base 60 Grass-type w/ .
Drampa: Base 60 Dragon-type w/ Block Smash+.

New RML Additions
Meloetta-A: 10
Victini: 5
Duosion: 5
Gothita: 10
Unown-EX: 10
Slowbro: 5 -> 20
Mewtwo: 10 -> 20
Lugia: 10
Noivern: 10
Unfezant-M: 5
Taillow: 10
Swellow: 5
Swablu: 10
Pidgey: 10
Pidgeotto: 2 -> 5
Braviary: 5
Spearow: 10
Mantine: 5
Regigigas: 20
Audino: 15
Winking Audino: 15
Munchlax: 15
Snorlax: 20
Ursaring: 10
Buneary: 20
Komala: 10
Lickitung: 15
Blissey: 10
Porygon: 10
Porygon2: 10
Porygon-Z: 15
Riolu: 20
Lucario: 5 -> 20
Throh: 5 -> 10
Sawk: 5 -> 10
Medicham: 5 -> 20
Pangoro: 5
Machop: 10
Gligar: 5
Golett: 5
Camerupt: 5
Garchomp: 5
Groudon: 5 -> 20
Kyogre: 5 -> 20
Dialga: 5 -> 10
Palkia: 5 -> 10
Incineroar: 10
Decidueye: 10
Primarina: 10
Typhlosion: 5
Meganium: 5
Feraligatr: 5
Shaymin: 5
Shaymin-S: 5
Ninetales: 5
Beedrill: 3 -> 5
Charmander: 5 -> 20
Bulbasaur: 5 -> 20
Squirtle: 5 -> 20
Uxie: 10
Mesprit: 10
Azelf: 10

New SS Additions
Meloetta-A: Quirky++
Uxie: Flash Mob
Azelf: Flash Mob
Mesprit: Flash Mob
Victini: Last-Ditch Effort
Duosion: Psychic Combo
Gothita: Block Shot
Lugia: Cross Attack+
Noivern: Shot Out
Taillow: Rock Shot
Swellow: Barrier Shot
Swablu: Mega Boost+
Mantine: Flash Mob
Regigigas: Shot Out
Buneary: Sleep Charm
Munchlax: Rock Break++
Snorlax: Try Hard (Occasionally deals great damage)
Chansey: Super Cheer (Guarantees next ability activates)
Blissey: Block Smash++
Porygon: Flash Mob
Porygon2: Cross Attack+
Porygon-Z: Hitting Streak+
Riolu: Mega Boost+
Hitmontop: Block Shot
Gligar: Block Shot
Golett: Rock Shot
Groudon: Barrier Shot
Kyogre: Rock Shot
Typhlosion: Rock Shot
Meganium: Block Shot
Feraligatr: Barrier Shot
Shaymin-S: Block Shot
Ninetales: Burn+
Beedrill: Swap++

EB Prizes
Lv5: 1× Exp. Booster S
Lv10: 2× Exp. Booster S
Lv15: 1× Exp. Booster M
Lv20: 1× Exp. Booster M
Lv25: 1× Skill Booster S
Lv35: 1× Exp. Booster L
Lv50: 1× Mega Speedup
Lv75: 1× Skill Booster M
Lv100: 1× Skill Swapper
Lv125: 2× Mega Speedup
Lv150: 3× Raise Max Level
Lv175: 2× Mega Speedup
Lv200: 5× Raise Max Level

Almost done, just Safari stuffs left.

Last edited:

Cyberra

pain in the ***
Charichu appeared on the fifth heart in the safari, so now that's done. Gonna do a bit in the EB before going back to the coin grind.

...Groudon can be SS'ed now? TDB, I spent a lot of coins grinding Quake to SL5 and I am not losing all that work. And getting 'mons up to lvl 30... It's bad enough getting them to lvl 20 with the increased EXP needed to get from level to level. They're gonna need to give out Exp booster L's a lot more frequently for that. No thank you

Would like to tell GS exactly where they can shove all their pikachus