• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokémon Shuffle General Discussion

Krokketto Prime Danjal

Done with worldly lies
Came 84th in MCharX Lucky Dip.

I had 64 RMLs immediately after the update (I've since used 3) and yet Mewtwo, Lucario, Medicham and Slowbro can devour most of that stock between just the four of them. GS, for future competitions can the prizes be 5 MSU, 10 RML and 20 EBL for top tier and so on down the rankings please unless you're going to fix this broken Satisfying SM? RMLs are no good without a good source of experience. As we've predicted, they'll just keep sticking more RMLs onto Pokémon... bravo.

Seems like the costume Pikachu shows up quite early: only 5 hearts into the Safari for me and it stayed in the Pokéball. This is how Safaris should be! So now I can use the free hearts trial in the escalation.

raichu27

Why is it that certain Pokemon can now have more than 10 Raise Max Levels? I think 10 still would've been enough. Plus, I feel like we need more Raise Max Levels these days.

Plus, I think it would be cool to see Aerodactyl, Winking Glalie, and Chandelure to get a Raise Max Level boost. Aerodactyl and Chandelure are really strong in the games.

I think it'd be nice if they do a break from escalation battles a little more, so people can catch up on the main stages.

Cyberra

pain in the ***
I think it'd be nice if they do a break from escalation battles a little more, so people can catch up on the main stages.

Totally agree. I'm stuck at Hoopa-U... Every time I try to coin grind for another forward push another load of coin-eating crap gets dumped on us. This is, what, our third EB in a row, back-to-back?

Secundum

Lord Of Order
FFS. Not another worthless escalation. And do we REALLY need level 30 Pokémon?
*Sigh* At least I got Charachu on the first heart...

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
It's good that some Pokemon can reach level 30.

But the absurdity comes with the fact that...

...you would need a hell lot of RMLs which would mean they'd have to release way more of these than before.

...level grinding is going to be a ***** to do EVEN if you spend a jewel on Victini.

Tsukuyomi56

Emblian Royalty
Charizard-chu showed up on my first heart, needed a Great Ball but I am glad that the Safari is done for me. Also got enough MSUs to fully candy M-Diancie, the Meleotta EB now awaits.

Last edited:

R_N

Got Charizard Pikachu on second heart and the first was a free 300 from enamoured pikachu so the great ball didnt hurt too much
Guess I'll just focus on meloetta then maybe just go back to Meowth. I'm in no hurry for whatever garbage the main stages will throw and there's content to prep for next week.

...Why is Dugtrio the next EX stage? Like fine whatever, they want to space out the starter stages for some reason, but then why have turtwig & grotle now and why go with Dugtrio over Victreebel whose been waiting since the 500s. God was mega salamence last year....? Geeze.

As someone who has never raised a single Pokémon above Lv15, I can say with confidence that Lv30 isnt a necessity, especially given that the diminishing returns from Lv20 to Lv30 are really big; the high BP Pokémon only gain +15 AP, though the Kanto Starters get +20 AP for whatever reason. Definitely not worth it folks.

I'm in no hurry for whatever garbage the main stages will throw and there's content to prep for next week.

As someone going through the main stages (any% itemless) at the moment, I can say with confidence that the new mains are a lot rougher than even Nacht Carnival. Currently up to Salamence (610) and beating that itemless (Which is what you need to do if you want to PSB farm it) is pretty much predicated on you having Mega Beedrill, perfect Alolan Ninetales, and perfect LDE Regirock (or a perfect Hyper Bolt Capchu) with good RNG. I don't have perfect Regirock (only SL3) so I am struggling, but it's a challenge that I want to conquer. 8 moves, five figure sum HP, and disruptions affect top two rows (barriers + blocks). It's not exactly something I would call doable itemless if you are playing casually though.

And that's not the only annoying stage in the first 10; Cryogonal is barrier hell which mandates Mega Diancie and has a ton of HP, Kricketune has really annoying disruptions, Basculin-B loves its blocks and Basculin-B (and they cover the middle of the starting board) and that's only 10 moves, Snover is three-mon but has a bad starting board and forces you to bring Snover, and so on. And that's only the first 10 stages. Itemless progression (especially for PSB Farming) is basically an LDE-fest.

Then again, this is Stage 601+ we are talking about, not Stage 301+. For casual players though, these stages are kinda really hard.

---

That said, I kinda have mixed feelings on this update. I like that they buff things to keep it fresh (Gligar buff!!!), but what I don't like is that they are inevitably going to force us to invest in these things in order to do any of the new content. I mean, if they are going to make things really challenging and make it so you need a specific buffed Pokémon to win, they should honestly keep it to the back end of Escalation Battles (and strictly the back end) to keep them challenging even for veterans and stop them from being borefests. Don't make it really difficult to catch Pokémon (without spending coins) without a specific buffed Pokémon (Hi Rapidash, Hi Tapu Koko) otherwise casuals won't have much of a chance. Competitions I don't really care about (I just do one and done runs nowadays), but don't make the main aim of this game (To catch 'em all) increasingly "gated" just to keep things challenging for veterans with their buffed everything.

But GS being GS, I can't help but to feel that in a few week's time, there will be a challenge that will pretty much rely on you having Lv30 SL5 Try Hard Snorlax (Which deals 25× DMG at SL5) to win without paying up a lot of coins... Oh wait, that already exists in the form of Survival Mode 2.0 (hi 2/3 chance of getting Snorlax on stages 58/59).

Cyberra

pain in the ***
Went over to the Reddit to look for tips on meloetta stage 50 (the escalation thread isn't up yet, apparently) and found this instead...

https://www.reddit.com/r/PokemonShu...on_shuffle_and_the_treadmill_effect_why_this/

I very much agree with the poster. The power creep has gotten out of hand and it's becoming impossible for new players to even get a foothold, let alone keep up. The difficulty curve is insane now. Now they're squeezing veteran players for money to make up for what they're not getting by making it impossible for new people to start playing XP Idiots...

Last edited:

Lord Fighting

Bank Ball Collector
Caught all these Pikachus. Shame that they all need RMLs or SB to be good because half of them actually have good abilities.

Secundum

Lord Of Order
Went over to the Reddit to look for tips on meloetta stage 50 (the escalation thread isn't up yet, apparently) and found this instead...

https://www.reddit.com/r/PokemonShu...on_shuffle_and_the_treadmill_effect_why_this/

I very much agree with the poster. The power creep has gotten out of hand and it's becoming impossible for new players to even get a foothold, let alone keep up. The difficulty curve is insane now. Now they're squeezing veteran players for money to make up for what they're not getting by making it impossible for new people to start playing XP Idiots...

Stage 50 isn't really an issue though - it's easily doable itemless if you take some damage boosters (I took a Mega Heracross team with Genesect, Scizor, and Vivilion).

R_N

As someone who has never raised a single Pokémon above Lv15, I can say with confidence that Lv30 isnt a necessity, especially given that the diminishing returns from Lv20 to Lv30 are really big; the high BP Pokémon only gain +15 AP, though the Kanto Starters get +20 AP for whatever reason. Definitely not worth it folks.

As someone going through the main stages (any% itemless) at the moment, I can say with confidence that the new mains are a lot rougher than even Nacht Carnival. Currently up to Salamence (610) and beating that itemless (Which is what you need to do if you want to PSB farm it) is pretty much predicated on you having Mega Beedrill, perfect Alolan Ninetales, and perfect LDE Regirock (or a perfect Hyper Bolt Capchu) with good RNG. I don't have perfect Regirock (only SL3) so I am struggling, but it's a challenge that I want to conquer. 8 moves, five figure sum HP, and disruptions affect top two rows (barriers + blocks). It's not exactly something I would call doable itemless if you are playing casually though.

And that's not the only annoying stage in the first 10; Cryogonal is barrier hell which mandates Mega Diancie and has a ton of HP, Kricketune has really annoying disruptions, Basculin-B loves its blocks and Basculin-B (and they cover the middle of the starting board) and that's only 10 moves, Snover is three-mon but has a bad starting board and forces you to bring Snover, and so on. And that's only the first 10 stages. Itemless progression (especially for PSB Farming) is basically an LDE-fest.

Then again, this is Stage 601+ we are talking about, not Stage 301+. For casual players though, these stages are kinda really hard.

---

That said, I kinda have mixed feelings on this update. I like that they buff things to keep it fresh (Gligar buff!!!), but what I don't like is that they are inevitably going to force us to invest in these things in order to do any of the new content. I mean, if they are going to make things really challenging and make it so you need a specific buffed Pokémon to win, they should honestly keep it to the back end of Escalation Battles (and strictly the back end) to keep them challenging even for veterans and stop them from being borefests. Don't make it really difficult to catch Pokémon (without spending coins) without a specific buffed Pokémon (Hi Rapidash, Hi Tapu Koko) otherwise casuals won't have much of a chance. Competitions I don't really care about (I just do one and done runs nowadays), but don't make the main aim of this game (To catch 'em all) increasingly "gated" just to keep things challenging for veterans with their buffed everything.

But GS being GS, I can't help but to feel that in a few week's time, there will be a challenge that will pretty much rely on you having Lv30 SL5 Try Hard Snorlax (Which deals 25× DMG at SL5) to win without paying up a lot of coins... Oh wait, that already exists in the form of Survival Mode 2.0 (hi 2/3 chance of getting Snorlax on stages 58/59).

I think being "late game" doesn't necessitate stages like this
As you have kind of poitned out, even for veterans, the stages can be total crap shoots to beat much less s rank. Even with huge damage dealers, so many stages have so much HP to burn through. Even all item runs are starting to get more luck based without investment. The game can't grow in difficulty forever....where does it go from here? It's so short sighted.

And I think the thing on top of all this, is in the insane resource management. Especially these days, the only real source of RMLs is placing very high in competitions that are getting increasingly luck based and Escalations that are huge time and money sinks. And both of these are having their already existing issues exacerbated. Competitions often require a flavor of the week pokemon at max RML level (at least 5) and max skill level and likely a skill swapper and there's no guarantee that pokemon becomes useful any time soon. Escalations are long affairs, sometimes require their OWN flavor of the week, and to get the msot out of them you usally want to go to the end which can be 400-500 stages depending!

But even then, the resources you get seem so scarce. You get what, 5 RMLs out of an escalation if you go through it to completion? But they keep adding more and more pokemon, likely useful ones, who require RMLs. And some might genuinely want all 10. We'll ignore the ones that can now take 20 (which screw off gs). And then on top of THAT you have to grind them up which is just.............we still only have Ampharos during the week. 50 exp, 100 if you get a crown on a long tedious stage. IF you got the crown on the pokemon you wanted every single go, it would still take 20 runs to go a single level in the latter RMLs and I can't imagine what that's like at even higher levels. There's Victini/Magearna but you get 1 shot at them a week, and even with a jewel it's only one more shot

meanwhile exp boosters are still rare? And then they dont give that much....they give out smalls the most but woo-hoo ~50 exp~. I think M gives 200. Larges are ultra rare. Full level ups are realms of competitions. Survival Mode used to be the best for the smalls, but even that always had me give it a side eye considering the time and effort needed to beat it (which is the only way to really break even iirc). But that's irrelevant now any way since it got buffed.

AND they keep making terrible terrible pokemon that suddenly become useful & good but onl after max investment.

Not every pokemon gets a grindable stage for PSBs and the ones that do often get either limited time frames or are a money sink due to RNG; and on top of that grinding for those skills may become super outdated later. There is Eevee at least, but even with jewels that's not too many skill boosters per week.

This turned into a long ramble, but god, what do they even plan to do with this game. I'd say how can newcomers even hope to keep up...but do they even really care so long as they can put a squeeze on th whales? We've seen those competition numbers, it ain't good. Or the plethora of "great" challenges.

Krokketto Prime Danjal

Done with worldly lies
I've reached Mega Abomasnow in the main stages and tried it itemless (definitely full items required but that's nothing new, saving my coins for elsewhere right now) and I can agree with what Random said about the difficulty of these new stages. Besides the 3 Pokémon stages, I've had to rely on LDE from my perfect Regirock/ Heatran to beat most of them itemlessly. Without spoiling the specific names of the Pokémon, I have 7 C ranks staring at me. Only Kricketot stayed in a Pokéball.

Grotle is terrible and took many tries and only good RNG to beat it. I sped up my Houndoom but it needs more experience (use Pyre).

I actually beat Cryogonal, last turn with Regirock and a Metal combo tapping team.

I couldn't beat Lopunny itemlessly so I just went for the S rank with DD and M+5, no RT Machamp of course.

I actually found myself bringing my perfect A. Ninetales to many of the stages even when not SE just to give me a better chance of success.

Going anywhere near level 30 on any Pokémon is just stupid, there's no payoff at all. More dumb thinking by GS.

Exsception

Born Completionist
I got a few jewels as gifts today! I was surprised, yet my friend didn't get any jewels? Odd really.

Did you recently purchase Jewels? There's currently an event running that will give a few extra Jewels to those that have purchased some.

Cyberra

pain in the ***
Anyone have advice for stage 150 of the EB? I failed it 4 times, lost a lot of coins.

Finished clearing through the main stages. Second half of the new main stages is quite the crapshoot.

Hippopotas can be annoying with block spam and Hippopotas spawns, gotta get that Freeze+ proc. Turtwig starts as a puzzle stage and has some threatening disruptions but isn't too bad. Abomasnow can be a little sucky with barrier spam. Cherubi is easy and is a three-support stage. Buneary can pose real problems if you haven't been boosting your Fighting-types, especially in the second half.

Hippowdon is easily the worst of the new main stages (outside of Mega Abomasnow) when it comes to winning itemless. 20,900 HP in 9 turns. Lots of blocks and Hippowdon. To have a hope of winning (itemless), you need Alolan Ninetales, Ash-Greninja, and IRONICALLY skill-boosted Hippowdon. And you also need perfect RNG. In the end I had to use a Moves +5 to get past it with a best score of 19.7k itemless (which would have won if LDE activated on the second last turn). YMMV if you need a mega or not, but that stage is just awful. And again, Hippowdon's PSB farmable stage ironically requires skill-boosted Hippowdon in order to have a shot of winning itemless with any reliability.

Cherrim can be annoying with lots of barriers at the start (but lots of Mo5 opportunities). Grotle is rough with 35k HP in 18 moves and a barrier jungle stage, I was lucky to first try it itemless with Shiny Rayquaza / Alolan Ninetales / Masquerain / Heatran, but that stage is nigh impossible without a buffed team. Lopunny can be stupid with a short move count and bad disruptions (Non-boosted Fighting-type teams will likely struggle). Finally Mega Abomasnow is just an awful stage with some bad disruptions and forced Abomasnow support (and very rough itemless), doable without C-1 but you want a full item run if you want the S-Rank.

With that done, I am going to focus on the EB until like 125 or 150 and then see where to go from there. Getting 100% on the new main stages is going to be really difficult even with buffed Pokémon... -.-'