1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. We have received legal notice about the sharing of certain images for Pokémon Sword & Shield. Due to this, we have a new rule. If you post said images, you will be removed from the forums until 15:00 UTC on November 14th 2019. We have also killed the leak discussion threads for the time being. Thank you for your patience during this. If you have any queries, use the contact form
  3. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

Pokémon Shuffle General Discussion

Discussion in 'Pokémon Spinoff Discussion' started by Serebii, Feb 17, 2015.

1. Cyberra

Cyberra pain in the ***

Someone asked a bit ago if it's worth SS'ing meloetta and no one responded. I'd also like to know, so I'll repeat the question.

I've been working on deoxys-A since I never got it above lvl 6 before. Also still gathering coins for some S'ing and unlocking more of the EX stages.

2. raichu27

raichu27 Well-Known Member

I've finally beat the final stage of Meloetta the other day. Used:

Heracross (LV. 14)
    Yveltal (LV. 14)
    Darkrai (LV. 10)
    Masquerain (LV. 15)

Used all items expect the Exp. Boost and only had four moves left. Glad I could finally get that out of that way. Plus, having the free trial version of unlimited hearts helped me get through the escalation battles faster. A break from escalation battles would still be nice, though.

3. HylianGlaceon

HylianGlaceon Hyrulean Resident

No, it is not. Both skills are terrible and the Competition boils down to match MMY and hope for big combos. Quirky++ is an additional roll of the dice with the disruptions. Not worth a SS.

4. Exsception

Exsception Born Completionist

And just like that, any and all plans I had for this week are out the window. Tapu Lele was so incredibly stubborn that I needed three runs (one with C-1 and AP, and two with an additional MS) to capture it. My catch rates were 10%, 20%, and 34%; and SCP didn't come until the final run. A total of 40,000+ coins was spent, which is more than most people will spend throughout an entire EB! I swear every 7th gen Great Challenge is more expensive than the last.

5. AuraChannelerChris

AuraChannelerChris "Am I supposed to laugh?"

6. Cyberra

Cyberra pain in the ***

I've got all main stages up to budew S-ranked now. Have unlocked porygon-Z's EX stage and am working my way toward walrein.

7. Alatar VGC

Alatar VGC House Greyjoy

I tried Tapu Lele. Full items run and got 20%. No SCP. So just grinding up again. :/

8. Secundum

Secundum Lord Of Order

Inb4 it's something dumb like needing 100 mega speedups but removes all disruptions and extra supports.

Same here. Didn't even know that was a thing. That's the problem with all this repeat nonsense...

9. New Content
    Free Shiny Mewtwo
    Shiny Diancie EB
    Toucannon Great Challenge
    Great Daily Challenge [Pignite, Emboar, Rhyperior, Mew, Jirachi, Manaphy, Magmortar] (Drops PSB's)

Returning Content
    Zekrom Great Challenge (Drops PSB's)
    Shaymin Great Challenge (Drops PSB's)
    Regigigas Ultra Challenge (Drops PSB's)
    Special Daily Pokémon #1 (Drops PSB's)

Future Content
    This is a one week update.

Event Pokémon
    Shiny Mewtwo: Base 80 Psychic-type w/ Mega Boost.
    Shiny Mega Mewtwo X: Fighting-type, 12 icons, 3 speedups, erases all Mega Mewtwo X in puzzle area.
    Shiny Mega Mewtwo Y: Psychic-type, 17 icons, 10 speedups, erases icons in a Y-shaped pattern.
    Shiny Diancie: Base 70 Fairy-type w/ Block Shot.
    Shiny Mega Diancie: Fairy-type, 14 icons, 5 speedups, erases up to 10 rocks/blocks and deals damage.
    Toucannon: Base 60 Flying-type w/ Block Smash++.

EB Prizes
    Lv5: 5× Heart
    Lv10: 100× Coin
    Lv15: 200× Coin
    Lv20: 400× Coin
    Lv25: 800× Coin
    Lv30: 1,600× Coin
    Lv50: 1× Diancite / 1× Mega Speedup
    Lv60: 3,200× Coin
    Lv70: 1× Mega Speedup
    Lv80: 1× Exp. Booster M
    Lv90: 2× Exp. Booster L
    Lv100: 2× Mega Speedup
    Lv130: 1× Skill Booster S
    Lv150: 3× Raise Max Level
    Lv180: 1× Skill Booster M
    Lv200: 5× Raise Max Level
    Lv250: 1× Skill Booster L
    Lv300: 3× Level Up

All done.

Last edited: Aug 22, 2017
  10. HylianGlaceon

HylianGlaceon Hyrulean Resident

So that is why Survival Mode got changed. Now it all makes sense.

I'll happily Ampharos grind instead of spending like 40k coins to get those Level Ups.

11. Exsception

Exsception Born Completionist

I'd advise that you use your NHN trial for something other than the EB. You'll waste valuable time if you sit through Diancie breaking out of the first 15-or so Pokeballs, and stages 20-29 disrupt coins, so you don't want to rush through them.

These shiny megas have limited uses, but at least there are uses. Shiny Mewtwo Y is the first Psychic Mega with a concrete destructive Mega Ability, Shiny Mewtwo X can have use against Dark and Normal 3-Pokemon stages, and Shiny Diancie is good for annoying Dark and Dragon types. Could be worse.

12. jolteonjak

jolteonjak *swoons for Noland*

Thanks for the tip. And why does Toucannon have to have 60 strength?? Isn't it the first Flying type with Block Smash anything?

Last edited: Aug 22, 2017
  13. Secundum

Secundum Lord Of Order

All the new Mega's have actual uses. That's nice. Got Toucannon and plowing through the escalation (got Diance early on)....I hate escalations.

14. Cyberra

Cyberra pain in the ***

Took down toucannon in four moves after a four-match Super Bolt activation for massive damage. Still needed a GB to catch the bugger, though ><

Shiny diancie surrendered at stage 12. Up to... 29 now. Got a couple of anger skips, 5's and 4's. The coin prizes are nice.

15. Lord Fighting

Lord Fighting Bank Ball Collector

Caught Diancie at stage 3 but as there is no skill swapper available in this EB I shall not go any further.
    Whats with these Tapus being absolute garbage stages. Used all items inc c-1 and got 22% base rate. It then took 3 GREAT BALLS at 44% to catch. Barely worth it.

16. R_N

R_N Well-Known Member

It's really funny to me that they just...give you a mewtwo. Just. Here! Mewtwo!
    I know the game has more or less drove past new players but, boy, what a boon
    With mega boost and low evolution time, SMMX could theoretically replace gengar entirely even before speed ups

Surprised shiny diancie is fairy. I would have thought it would become rock type ala dark shiny tyranitar. Good ability though, dark & fighting love all kinds of disruptions

17. Secundum

Secundum Lord Of Order

Thing is, if it was Rock type then it would just be a Mega Aerodactyl clone.

18. R_N

R_N Well-Known Member

Well ideally if it were rock type it'd have gotten a different mega effect. Being fairy with this effect is for the best though.

19. Cyberra

Cyberra pain in the ***

This EB doesn't seem too bad so far. I've been doing fine running a Metal Combo steel team, m-mawile (lvl 20, RT SL3, 8/8), steelix (FM SL3), solgaleo, and either dialga or aegislash depending on disruptions. Up to 72 already.

20. Secundum

Secundum Lord Of Order

Cracking through the mid 120s right now.

100 can be done itemless easily enough.