• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokémon Shuffle General Discussion

Krokketto Prime Danjal

Done with worldly lies
The competition was rubbish.

Toucannon went in the Pokéball after 2 hearts.

Once again I failed to fully benefit from the unexpected free hearts gift because I had 84 saved and giving coin prizes in the early EB levels isn't helpful either because I'm now near the limit.

'Try and catch Serperior and use the coins there' except that devilish snake refuses to even die! Where were the coins last week when I badly needed them after a near 25k episode with Tapu Costlele?

Guess it's about time I converted Emboar to RT then and use the free hearts trial.

*Diancie* caught at 20%.

Exsception

Born Completionist
Cracking through the mid 120s right now.

100 can be done itemless easily enough.

It's doable, but saying that 100 can be cleared itemlessly "easily enough" is an overstatement. None of my numerous itemless attempts at it were even close, and I just barely cleared it with M+5.

But now that it's done, I'm going to steer away from the EB for a while and farm Shaymin's Sleep Charm to SL5. Now that it can finally eat RMLs, it's basically a necessity.

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
100 can be done at least with M+5.

I used a M-Aggron team with Mawile (Lvl. 14, Risk Taker LV3), Cobalion (Lv. 11), and Jirachi (Lv. 11, Mega Boost+ SL3). I ended with 2 moves left.

Objectively, I could have replaced Cobalion with Solgaleo for the Steel Combo multiplier, but somehow, I neglected training Solgaleo at all and is only at level 3. (Maybe using Solgaleo can make it happen itemless.)

Secundum

Lord Of Order
Might be why I had such an easy time of stage 100 then (4 moves left). I have Solgaleo at Lv. 10 and SL 3. combined with Jirachi, Mawile, and Aggron all fully maxed out let me crack through it. Up to stage 146 now.

Exsception

Born Completionist
Might be why I had such an easy time of stage 100 then (4 moves left). I have Solgaleo at Lv. 10 and SL 3. combined with Jirachi, Mawile, and Aggron all fully maxed out let me crack through it. Up to stage 146 now.

I still had a team of M-Aggron, (Lv.10/SL1) Jirachi, (Lv.15/SL2) Cobalion, (Lv.15/SL2) and Solgaleo (Lv.10/SL2) and I still couldn't do it itemless. Either you were really lucky, or invested Mawile is somehow that much better than invested Cobalion.

Secundum

Lord Of Order
Risk takers are always better than powers of 4+, yeah. Plus SL3 is a good bit better than SL2.

Krokketto Prime Danjal

Done with worldly lies
Waste of coins #243:
Mega Abomasnow. All items. A rank (5 moves left).

Somehow, itemless win over Diancie 30 just doesn't make up for it...

Exsception

Born Completionist
Hey all who's ready to shrivle up and die, instantly
https://www.pokemon.com/us/pokemon-news/the-shuffle-celebration-continues/
Mega Mewtwo X competition
Tapu Bulu
Nihilego and also every ultra beast will now be the most difficult stages in the game because CLEARLY the ultra challenge legendaries have just been too easy

HAPPY SECOND ANNIVERSARY

So I just need a Lv.30 Mewtwo, Lv.20 SL5 Lake Trio, SL5 Attack Deoxys, and a full item run and then I'll have a 70BP Poison type with Costrict? Nice! I love Pokemon Shuffle!

Tsukuyomi56

Emblian Royalty
Don't know how they are going to make Nihilego even more fearsome than the Tapus save for insane HP and disruptions, the only thing I can think off is making it type restricted. Hopefully the ability makes it worth while to throw everything but the kitchen sink at it.

R_N

Don't know how they are going to make Nihilego even more fearsome than the Tapus save for insane HP and disruptions, the only thing I can think off is making it type restricted. Hopefully the ability makes it worth while to throw everything but the kitchen sink at it.

it's gotta be huge hp pools with limited moves and constant trash disruptions while *spins wheel* half the usual items are not available

HylianGlaceon

Hyrulean Resident
it's gotta be huge hp pools with limited moves and constant trash disruptions while *spins wheel* half the usual items are not available
You forgot the part where it is a Safari-like system with item runs. Better make one team that can hopefully take down any of them! Better pray you don't get the same one 17 times in a row too.

R_N

You forgot the part where it is a Safari-like system with item runs. Better make one team that can hopefully take down any of them! Better pray you don't get the same one 17 times in a row too.

Daily Safari Escalation battle. Every day, there's 3 different pokemon in this 300 stage escalation!
All of them start at Infernal hard and get harder!

So more seriously I'm going a little further with Diancie. The extra speed ups at 70 & 100 are enticing to me.
But, I was thinking about it and...does it feel like these days MSUs are kind of useless beyond just beating a stage? Excusing the big MSU winners like Beedrill, arguably shiny ray or Shiny MMX or what have you, it feels like a lot of the time you need the mega start to have a chance at either S Ranking the stage (main stages) or beating it with decent catch rates (most of the hard special stages). Stages these days have so much HP and so few moves that it kind of necessitates it? I honestly kind of regret dumping candies into t-tar just because the luxury of spending ~5 moves getting it going isn't afforded that often. At least aggron evolves marginally faster for less investment and gets jirachi support, but even then disruptions are so hard and fast that it can be difficult to get anything online.

raichu27

Does anyone find it odd for Shiny Diancie Stage 245 to be so hard itemless without being a boss fight? I think it'd be a waste of coins to use an attack power and +5 moves on that one.

HylianGlaceon

Hyrulean Resident
Daily Safari Escalation battle. Every day, there's 3 different pokemon in this 300 stage escalation!
All of them start at Infernal hard and get harder!

So more seriously I'm going a little further with Diancie. The extra speed ups at 70 & 100 are enticing to me.
But, I was thinking about it and...does it feel like these days MSUs are kind of useless beyond just beating a stage? Excusing the big MSU winners like Beedrill, arguably shiny ray or Shiny MMX or what have you, it feels like a lot of the time you need the mega start to have a chance at either S Ranking the stage (main stages) or beating it with decent catch rates (most of the hard special stages). Stages these days have so much HP and so few moves that it kind of necessitates it? I honestly kind of regret dumping candies into t-tar just because the luxury of spending ~5 moves getting it going isn't afforded that often. At least aggron evolves marginally faster for less investment and gets jirachi support, but even then disruptions are so hard and fast that it can be difficult to get anything online.
Yeah, MSUs outside of Beedrill are pretty worthless nowadays. At most they cheapen some Escalation stages you might need +5 moves on to get through otherwise and that's about it. I'm sitting on 50+ unused MSUs since there is nothing worth even using them on. Both Shinytwos seem pointless and Shiny Diancie as you mentioned is better off with a Mega Start until Zygarde or Darkrai get repeated.

(Although Shinytwo X's effect isn't horrible, I can't help but feel it has been obsoleted. Nowadays all I use are Tappers, Remove 10 of your type, Disruption removers and Pattern Clears. Gengar, Shinydos and Shinytwo X just don't seem viable anymore. Even 3-Pokemon Stages Beedrill obsoletes them because they can't handle disruptions.)

I try to understand what's being said in this thread but every time I try I think I fry up five more brain cells.

So I got stuck on Stage 125 (Gengar) a few days ago and wasn't quite sure how I was gonna take it on, when the game mentioned that Mega Absol was super effective against it and that I should take a look at Mission Card 10. At first I was a little intimidated, but then I went for it!

I had already caught Azumarill, so the next step was to head to the Absol level and try to win with 35 seconds remaining. With the team configuration I had decided on (Mega Mawile, Azumarill, Carbink, Charmeleon), the best time I managed to reach was 30 seconds remaining, which was a bummer until I remembered I had earned 5000 coins as winnings from the M-Beedrill stage, plus some more coins from Alola Meowth, so used some on a +10 Seconds booster and successfully got the first tick!

The next thing to do was defeat the other three missions I required to get the Absolite, which wasn't extremely hard since I had caught all but Haunter already, so I just had to meet the criteria of the mission and win. After gaining the Absolite I went straight to Gengar, and while it did take two attempts and a Mega Start, I won with two moves to spare! I'm actually really proud of it, and I've now switched my Mega from Mawile to Absol since they have basically the same ability. My current team configuration now looks like:

Absol (Mega)
Mawile
Carbink
Charmeleon/Shiny Mewtwo/Shiny Tyranitar/Kangaskhan/Audino

The last one usually changes due to Type advantages or whatever. Sometimes Kangaskhan or Audino becomes my Mega, but not that often nowadays. Yes I use Carbink, it's very dear to me.

R_N

Yeah, MSUs outside of Beedrill are pretty worthless nowadays. At most they cheapen some Escalation stages you might need +5 moves on to get through otherwise and that's about it. I'm sitting on 50+ unused MSUs since there is nothing worth even using them on. Both Shinytwos seem pointless and Shiny Diancie as you mentioned is better off with a Mega Start until Zygarde or Darkrai get repeated.

(Although Shinytwo X's effect isn't horrible, I can't help but feel it has been obsoleted. Nowadays all I use are Tappers, Remove 10 of your type, Disruption removers and Pattern Clears. Gengar, Shinydos and Shinytwo X just don't seem viable anymore. Even 3-Pokemon Stages Beedrill obsoletes them because they can't handle disruptions.)

I still use a ton of non-tappers and they still pull through on s ranks and such, but as mentioned these days (with the exception of hte ones who really have low mega evolutions) I usually pop a mega start.. I think the difference between us here is you're good with tappers and I'm not, though. Even using them more often, I still have trouble (even with pausing the game and going to the notes section) planning out the best movements. I couldn't imagine using beedrill on a 3 pokemon stage when I can just try running it again and again with a gengar team (or mega ray) and wait for rng to land on my side.

HylianGlaceon

Hyrulean Resident
I still use a ton of non-tappers and they still pull through on s ranks and such, but as mentioned these days (with the exception of hte ones who really have low mega evolutions) I usually pop a mega start.. I think the difference between us here is you're good with tappers and I'm not, though. Even using them more often, I still have trouble (even with pausing the game and going to the notes section) planning out the best movements. I couldn't imagine using beedrill on a 3 pokemon stage when I can just try running it again and again with a gengar team (or mega ray) and wait for rng to land on my side.
I'm sure you'll get used to them at some point still. You basically just look for other Mega matches, guaranteed combos, annoying disruptions of course and if you have extra taps leftover, try to disrupt the skyfall checkerboard pattern. Beedrill is a similar thing, just you can't really disrupt the checkerboard pattern with it except under certain circumstances.

It's usually Safaris that I used Beedrill with 3-Pokemon Stages. Beedrill works okay, just it can kill the combo since a square removal is still bad for combos on even 3 pokemon stages. But with the disgusting starting boards and bad disruptions the Safaris have had as of late, I can't really see Gengar or anything else even evolving in a reasonable amount of time.

R_N

I'm sure you'll get used to them at some point still. You basically just look for other Mega matches, guaranteed combos, annoying disruptions of course and if you have extra taps leftover, try to disrupt the skyfall checkerboard pattern. Beedrill is a similar thing, just you can't really disrupt the checkerboard pattern with it except under certain circumstances.

It's usually Safaris that I used Beedrill with 3-Pokemon Stages. Beedrill works okay, just it can kill the combo since a square removal is still bad for combos on even 3 pokemon stages. But with the disgusting starting boards and bad disruptions the Safaris have had as of late, I can't really see Gengar or anything else even evolving in a reasonable amount of time.

In safaris I use gengar and 90% of the time evolve within a single combo. Even on the bad starting boards, there's usually more than enough time to get going and still get a decent catch rate (...relatively speaking, we all know how those safaris go). I typically finish within one to 3 turns depending on skyfall and gengar is typically online during hte middle of turn 1.