1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. We have received legal notice about the sharing of certain images for Pokémon Sword & Shield. Due to this, we have a new rule. If you post said images, you will be removed from the forums until 15:00 UTC on November 14th 2019. We have also killed the leak discussion threads for the time being. Thank you for your patience during this. If you have any queries, use the contact form
  3. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

Pokémon Shuffle General Discussion

Discussion in 'Pokémon Spinoff Discussion' started by Serebii, Feb 17, 2015.

1. Tsukuyomi56

Tsukuyomi56 Blizzard Maiden

20,000 coin entry fee for Nihilego is pretty insane though at least you are guaranteed a catch with a Great Ball...provided you can beat it. Going to be powering up Mewtwo's Power of 4 skill in the mean time while awaiting for Nihilego to arrive, shame its skill is not very good (assuming it is like Mind Zap where it does not activate when the opponent has a status condition).

2. R_N

R_N Well-Known Member

Huh, seems like the other UBs may not be far behind? All 7 of them were added to the end of the dex.
    In contrast, while the number scheme left room for them, Tapu Lele, Bulu & Fini are added individually as their stages are ready to launch.
    I doubt it's a months-long plan either, actually, because of the pikachu situation. The "celebration" pikachus match up with the months of those monthly pikachus they released through pokemon center, so there's at least another like 7 of those left. But they weren't added in either. Incidentally, Tapu Fini is also not in.

In before we don't get a single other ultra beast for 2 years.

3. Secundum

Secundum Lord Of Order

Well, I beat Nihelego and caught it.

Disrupts itself in as the stage goes on, and if they get caught in barriers it could be awkward if you didn't bring a barrier clearing mon. Quake Groudon is the best bet. (Too many barriers for barrier shot to be reliable). Take Mega Camerupt and whatever boosters you have.

Oh, and you get a level-up on beating it.

4. Cyberra

Cyberra pain in the ***

I took down nihiligo with s-m-ttar, cresselia, victini (LDE but as of yet unboosted) and groudon (Quake SL5). 0 moves left, caught it at the 70% in a pokeball. Now back on the coin grind...

I spent part of the day training noivern; I'd only gotten it to lvl 7 before. Also SS'ed it to Shot Out because Cloud Clear++ is one of those utterly pointless abilities that sees very little if any use.

5. Lord Fighting

Lord Fighting Bank Ball Collector

I've not even got to stage 300 in the main stages yet so I cant even fight Nihelego lmao.
    Not that I even have the 20k entry fee.

6. R_N

R_N Well-Known Member

Landorus refused to activate ever, Cresselia wouldn't activate when it needed to and my Victini wasn't full of skill boosters so I ran out of moves. Thankfully, I still had those free jewels. Since the alternative was spending another 20,000 to try again, I just used one to get it over with. And then still had to use a great ball....honestly, what trash.

e: Also camerupt kept getting covered in barriers so he took forever to evolve and hten barely any were left to help out.

7. AuraChannelerChris

AuraChannelerChris "Am I supposed to laugh?"

I used M-Camerupt, Groudon (SL5 Quake, did not trigger), Landorus-T (SL5), and Cresselia (SL2). I luckily got Cresselia to trigger on the first turn, getting rid of the barriers above and letting me use M-Camerupt by the third turn.

...Though I barely finished with one move left, but I managed to catch it with one ball.

Also, for the uniformed, the stage forces Espeon as a fifth support (and will replace it with Chimecho if you bring Espeon). No idea if it's a good idea to bring a fully candied MMY to take on Espeon and other psychics you bring.

8. R_N

R_N Well-Known Member

Assuming (dangerous, I know) that the other ultra beasts are about this level in terms of disruptions, forced 5th support, disrupting themselves into the board, it's probably worth starting to look at/buff up burst damage & disruption delayers effective against
    Bug
    Fighting
    Electric
    Flying
    Grass
    Dark

I assume one of UB-02 will be Bug and the other Fighting. I doubt either of hte UB04 pair will be steel since that's their shared secondary type and it lets them put out another 70 BP flying type. Guzzlord's primary type is Dark and they love adding those.

9. HylianGlaceon

HylianGlaceon Hyrulean Resident

People weren't kidding when they said this stage was disgusting. Like without invested Victini (LDE) and Groudon (Barrier Shot) you have to get extremely lucky to clear it without using multiple Jewels.

Failed my first run and not really seeing me beating it because I'm not willing to burn 12 SBMs on Victini and I didn't grind Groudon when it was around due to its niche usage with Barrier Shot and heavy investment. Diancie is garbage for this stage as well as Beedrill, so your only options are basically MMY and Camerupt which you will probably not even get to evolve by the end. I brought Diancie with on my run and didn't get to evolve it until 7 moves left thanks to such a horrendous starting board. It was a Mega Boost+ proc within Barriers btw.

Who thought a 5 Pokemon stage and a starting board loaded with barriers with no allowed items was any bit fair or doable without some heavy niche investments? We shouldn't have to invest in just about every LDE user in order to play the game.

10. AuraChannelerChris

11. R_N

R_N Well-Known Member

it sounds like Quake Groudon is better off because it can stun nihilego and you should probably use Cresselia for barrier duties

Note this is all aggressively relative because the rates on eerything are up to luck, nihilego's disruptions are luck based and sometimes your barriers are just garbage AND ALSO it disrupts in a 6th pokemon because you know why not!

What's posession's activation rates anyway

e: MMY is arguably the best mega for this considering espeon has mega boost

12. HylianGlaceon

Groudon hits for close to 2k damage at SL5 on a 3 match with Barrier Shot I think. But I didn't invest it in because mandatory barriers to do damage and why not just use items instead of spending 70k+ coins or SBMs and a full day of hearts with a bad droprate for that?

I believe every time you get a combo of 3 or more you get the disruption. So you're punished for not solely using only burst damage pokemon and getting 2 and under combos..

40/40/40. A worse Mind Zap without investments but slightly better at SL5. Still garbage though since you can't trigger it during Poison.

I Skill Swapped my Espeon awhile back so it had Eject+ which isn't as helpful here. Not burning an SS to switch it back either. At some point I was going to invest in it before the whole Lv.30 RML batch came out.

13. raichu27

raichu27 Well-Known Member

Poison Pokemon are immune to Paralysis on Pokemon Shuffle.

I also would not want to change the Skill for Groudon, since I've used many skill boosters to make Quake more useful in the past. It's only useful against Fire and Rock types, though. It would also reset the skill if I change it with a skill sweeper.

14. R_N

R_N Well-Known Member

Ah, lest we forget how stupid and arbitrary all the status immunities are in shuffle

15. Secundum

Secundum Lord Of Order

I really don't get how people are having trouble with Nihilego. It's really easy.

16. I mean it isnt the biggest pain in the world, but 5 support + barrier city can make it a really challenging stage for even veterans, even if the forced support is Espeon.

That said, I used Diancie / Hippowdon / Cresselia / Landorus-Therian and cleared with three to go thanks to a turn one Mega Diancie proc and Hippowdon LDE nuking the stage, but no thanks to Landorus-Therian who never triggered Risk-Taker once. Got the Poké Ball catch as well. Makes up for Shiny Diancie 300 basically being a giant troll and forcing me to do four item runs to clear due to bad RNG... >_>

17. AuraChannelerChris

18. R_N

R_N Well-Known Member

This is exactly what happened to me alongside general lack of luck in getting matches elsewhere (my camerupts especially kept drying up). I had this landorus in the top row that refused to line up a match for ages. I think at some point nihilego reapplied them (or close to them) which didn't help. If at any point abilities bothered activating to clear out the top or to deal major damage (landorus rolled terribly when it did activate which blew) it wouldn't have been as big a deal.

19. Tsukuyomi56

Tsukuyomi56 Blizzard Maiden

Went at Nihilego with M-Beedrill, Groudon (SL2, Lv 12), Landorus-T (SL4) and Victini (LDE) and beat it with 2 moves left (Landorus-T sealed the deal), a Poke Ball got the catch. Sadly Nihilego will be sitting on the bench unless it gets the SS treatment for a good skill.

20. HylianGlaceon

Barrier fest starting board + 5 pokemon stage + no mega matches on initial board + 50% on 3 match Barrier Bash+ = 10% actual activation rate + 3+ combos fills board with barriers and Nihilego on the sides. The majority of the time there wasn't even a 2 combo available on the entire board nor a potential match on the top row to get rid of those barriers.

Not hard to see how RNG can eff up this stage to make it unbeatable unless you have Groudon and/or invested Victini. I even went through my run with Shuffle Move for reference and still couldn't beat it.