• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokémon Shuffle General Discussion

Cyberra

pain in the ***
I used shiny tyranitar as my mega for nihiligo and I managed to pull it off... Need to actually train hippowdon, though; it's still only lvl 1. My groudon is Quake and staying that way... I spent too much time and too many coins grinding it to SL5 and I am not losing all that work switching its skill. I brought it along more for pure power than anything else.

Krokketto Prime Danjal

Done with worldly lies
Very interesting reading all the comments about the Nihilego stage; I still haven't done it yet but my Victini max, SL4 LDE is waiting. Nearly back at max coins, I'll try it when I hit the cap.

Glad I stopped the EB at 200, that's a headache and coin drain I don't need. Instead, I've spent most of my hearts so far this week on Mewtwo's Po4. It's SL3.1 currently and I've got 3 RMLs from it. A SS went on Noivern too and that's at SL2 but I hope to get it to at least 3. Thankfully the competition requires little extra investment for me this time.

Exsception

Born Completionist
Today is not my day. First of all, Meowth was stingy and only gave up 5,100 coins. I think there were only 3-4 Mo4 coins and the rest were Mo1.

Then, I attempted Nihilego with a team of M-Bee, (Lv.14/SL1) Groudon, (Lv.15/SL3) Landorus-T, (Lv.13/SL5) and Victini (Lv.14/SL4). It was such a bad run that Nihilego did not disrupt once. The starting board did not have any Bee matches available, (not even barriered matches) so it didn't Mega evolve until turn 3. Thankfully Landorus had some high RT rolls that saved me in the end. I finished with 0 moves left on a Mo4 LDE Victini. And of course I had to Great Ball it because that's the kind of day I've been having.

Granted my team was not maxed out level-wise, but I didn't want to take my chances with waiting as UB-01 is only here for three days.

I would do this heckin Nihilego stage but I've been spending all my time crying over the Mega Mewtwo Y stage. I literally almost finished it today while using a Mega Start, but I was like one or two moves off winning and I'm not spending real life money anytime soon. Now I don't have enough coins since I already did the Meowth stage to get the coins in the first place, so I can't try that strategy. I guess I'll just have to grind for more money and more levels.

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
I would do this heckin Nihilego stage but I've been spending all my time crying over the Mega Mewtwo Y stage. I literally almost finished it today while using a Mega Start, but I was like one or two moves off winning and I'm not spending real life money anytime soon. Now I don't have enough coins since I already did the Meowth stage to get the coins in the first place, so I can't try that strategy. I guess I'll just have to grind for more money and more levels.

Trust me.

Not even at stage 300 is Nihilego's stage fair for players with that progress.

Secundum

Lord Of Order
No shame in spending an extra 2,500 coins to avoid paying 20,000 again.

Yeah, you need to basically view Nihelego as buying a Pokémon for 22500 coins, rather than as a stage in itself.

Krokketto Prime Danjal

Done with worldly lies
Yeah, you need to basically view Nihelego as buying a Pokémon for 22500 coins, rather than as a stage in itself.

Erm, don't forget using up a heart AS WELL!!! The nerve! Why?
Everything else went ok though. I used SM Tyranitar (8), Cresselia, Landorus T and Victini. With three moves left, I was able to set up a 5 match Victini and that took care of that. No GB needed.

Cyberra

pain in the ***
Used one of my jewels for three extra runs at meowth. Went from about 33k coins to over 70k. Not bad for a stage I loathe.

Audino came up in the start-of-month challenge. Killed it with one Po4+ activation from keldeo, knocked the MSUs out of it. May feed them to SMMX because that mega ability could be handy. Better than standard MMX, anyway

Managed to PSB Farm Noivern's Shot Out skill from SL1 to SL5 in five hours of solid farming over the past 24 hours. Drop luck was relatively awful (even though it has 25/25/12.5 drop rates which is good) though I did get a triple (which was kinda expected considering it's 1/128 and expected is 192 games). Used Abomasnow / Angrychu / Kaloschu / Regirock and it was a really consistent team for that stage. Just to outline the relatively awful drop luck, Kaloschu went from Lv1 to Lv6 during the whole farm. But whatever it's done. As is the one and done comp run which was a bad run.

Oh well. Replenishing coins on Meowth ahead of next week's content, where having SL5 Shot Out Noivern is going to come in lots of useful on the EB and on Tapu Bulu.

raichu27

Beat Shiny Diancie Level 300 with Mawile (Level 16), Dialga (Level 12), Muk (Level 11), and Skarmony (Level 15; Nosedive). Used all items(minus Exp. Boost) and used 1 Jewel with 3 moves remaining. 295-299 was really hard. Had to use Attack Power and +5 Moves to get through, which was a waste of coins. I was able to skip from 295 to 299 after beating 295, luckily.

Plus, I think we've been getting too many escalation battles lately.

Last edited:

R_N

Beat Shiny Diancie Level 300 with Mawile (Level 16), Dialga (Level 12), Muk (Level 11), and Skarmony (Level 15; Nosedive). Used all items(minus Exp. Boost) and used 1 Jewel with 3 moves remaining. 295-299 was really hard. Had to use Attack Power and +5 Movies to get through, which was a waste of coins. I was able to skip from 295 to 299 after beating 295, luckily.

Plus, I think we've been getting too many escalation battles lately.

And Decidueye starts up next week, right? Has this been 3 consectuive escalations?

raichu27

And Decidueye starts up next week, right? Has this been 3 consectuive escalations?
Haven't heard anything. I think we've been having like four escalation battles in a row lately. It'd be more easier to catch up on main stages without the escalation battles.

Secundum

Lord Of Order
Deicideyue next? We've literally just had that escalation.

Krokketto Prime Danjal

Done with worldly lies
I made the wise decision to stop Diancie's EB early, so to me it doesn't really feel like back to back escalations. Anyway, Decidueye's escalation was alright and only had 150 stages unless they buff this like the others and it becomes a nightmare. Heatran awaits.

Couldn't even hit 90000 in the competition with my one try Sky Blast team + SL4 Victini (no MS used for M Salamence). Don't care that much though.

Exsception

Born Completionist
Tapu Bulu is much easier than the last two Tapu provided you have a couple of strong SE burst damagers. The optimal team is probably M-W-Glalie, Emboar, Noivern, and Heatran. Or you could bring a Block smasher to assist Glalie with cleaning up the devastating number of blocks. Most teams should need nothing more than MS and AP↑ to clear.

And just a heads up that Decidueye's EB only lasts a week instead of the usual two weeks. Don't let that catch you off guard.

R_N

Tapu Bulu is much easier than the last two Tapu provided you have a couple of strong SE burst damagers. The optimal team is probably M-W-Glalie, Emboar, Noivern, and Heatran. Or you could bring a Block smasher to assist Glalie with cleaning up the devastating number of blocks. Most teams should need nothing more than MS and AP↑ to clear.

And just a heads up that Decidueye's EB only lasts a week instead of the usual two weeks. Don't let that catch you off guard.

Unless you don't have winking glalie trained up in which case enjoy the luck of the draw. Many coins later I needed a complexity and a dd with shiny ray and still needed the super great chance to get it caught at 83%.
Whatever, only one more of thesee things....

Type Null is thankfully much easier to beat, even with 0 moves remaining.

Also did pretty well in the mmx competition. got the 3 MSU tier

e: Heck yeah got it on my 5th heart with no great ball.

Last edited:

raichu27

Beat level 25 and 50 itemless on the Decidueye EB. Had to use Attack Power Boost and Moves 5+ to beat 75, plus it was surprising beating it with 6 moves left.