• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokémon Shuffle General Discussion

Exsception

Born Completionist
EDIT: Got that prediction wrong, Feraligatr is going to come, but it's going to be in two week's time as opposed to next week like I predicted. Also there is a "Mega Start" Festival starting next week which allows you to use Mega Start on Stages 1-150 for free (sans a few select stages).

At this point I'll welcome any assistance for newbies with open arms. As for us...idk, quicker Ampharos grinding? Maybe MS and a tapper will have applications on Meowth.

R_N

Caught I, C & E. C took the longest. Bring mega beedrill or shiny ray for these, so much unown clutters the board alongside annoying disruptions

Krokketto Prime Danjal

Done with worldly lies
The Safari is done, now I'm building coins back up before I get back to the escalation (125) and see what else is worth PSB farming.

I came 17th in the M Alakazam Lucky Dip (559k). Now that was NICE! Shiny Gyarados already had full speed ups and RMLs but besides getting Silvally and Porygon Z to level 10 and Typeless Combo to level 3 that was as much investment as I did with full items. Probably would have been top 10 easily if I'd swapped Porygon's skill. Mind you, that run took ages to complete, glad I wasn't in a hurry.

Cyberra

pain in the ***
Finished the safari. I caught the I first, then N. C decided to be a bugger, broke out of an ultra ball at 90% with SCP XP Stayed in the second one, though. N also required an ultra ball but it was max SCP so it only took one. I and E were both caught in regular balls at low catch rates.

Back to meowth again.

HylianGlaceon

Hyrulean Resident
I haven't found it that bad. I managed itemless all the way up to 149, and while I needed items, I didn't need a complexity. You just need to keep the Zoroark combo going rather than relying on Dusknoir.

That said, I've been grinding coins for the last couple of days-are 175 and 200 really worth going for?
Good luck doing that with 90% of the board being Celebi and the disruption automatically breaks your combo. There's something really buggy about the stage. I never had this much trouble on Kyurem.

175 was trash too since I thought it was a 4 Pokemon stage since 150 and 200 were clearly marked on the reddit as 5 pokemon stages but no mention of 175 being 5 support. Wasted 7300 coins and had to do a full item run with Complexity to beat it. Why the hell wasn't it marked?

Zoroark and Dusknoir were completely useless for the Escalation too. I regret ever investing in either of them. Should've just ignored them and used my regular high AP team with no gimmicks and overspent with Complexities on 150 and 175 due to the amount of BS these stages have.

Off to Stage 37 hell until Saturday or so when I might be able to touch the Main Stages again.

Cyberra

pain in the ***
Anybody know what the new extra data that was added in today's check-in was for?

Anybody know what the new extra data that was added in today's check-in was for?

They fixed the Shape Boost Storage exploit that was discussed on the previous page. They did this by disabling the flag that boosts damage from a shape boost if the combo ends.

Mobile still has it. For now.

EDIT: If 3DS users still want to exploit it, don't check in until you have done everything you need to do with the exploit.

Last edited:

Krokketto Prime Danjal

Done with worldly lies
Yeah, I was afraid of that happening. I've only just got the hang of it as well but correcting this bug was obviously going to happen. I will continue to have a bit more fun with it in the EB though; 150 is next!

(Didn't they patch Brute Force on a Thursday too?)

Tsukuyomi56

Sky High Knight
Finally finished the Safari, Unown E took the longest since it kept breaking out and I got no SCP on it. The rest of the week will be fairly quiet for me since I don't plan on farming Lugia or Meganium.

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
It feels so...but so good to say you cleared an escalation battle completely without using items. Thank you, Cross Attack glitch.

But why end there?! I'll exploit that on the Expert Stages. I caught that fiendish Rapidash using that trick.

Got Zaffiro Coast part one all done 100% for S-Ranks and catches and got Dugtrio caught coinless in five hearts thanks to Shape Boost Storage before checking in today and saying goodbye to the exploit, having done its job of getting me through the EB and putting me back in the caught everything club. Regenerating coins now since Mega Trollbomasnow decided that it didn't want to be S-Ranked with items several times. May PSB Farm Meganium? Who knows...

At least Kanto Meowth was nice to me for the first time in ages, got 9200 - 800 thanks to an epic turn one Transform proc leading into a turn one Mega Rayquaza. Nowhere near my PB (12,800) but nice to have a really good Weekend Meowth for once.

Cyberra

pain in the ***
Back up to over 87k coins. Preparing for another forward push, since I still don't have mega salamence or mega aggron. Or even mega metagross.

We are confirmed getting a new UB challenge tomorrow. Not known what we will get, but smart money is on one of Buzzwole/Pheromosa.

In other news, I almost managed to clear SM 2.0 but lost to final boss Mega Rayquaza (which was going to happen because I only had nine moves, but...). So close to satisfaction, yet so far... we'll get them next time. Used DD seven times (Exploud, Galvantula, Monferno, Deoxys, Florges, Rayquaza, Mega Rayquaza) and dodged Snorlax in my first run to make it past Rayquaza (and had 40ish moves into the start of Roseus Pokémon at 45). Really positive signs, would probably have won if I got easier encounters in place of Galvantula and possibly Florges. My team was Beedrill (Lv15, Block Smash) / Noivern (Lv20, SL5 Shot Out) / Hitmonlee (Lv15, SL5 Shot Out) / Blank.

R_N

We are confirmed getting a new UB challenge tomorrow. Not known what we will get, but smart money is on one of Buzzwole/Pheromosa.

And this is why I was just building up coins rather than going through main stages.
Thankfull I have Victini & Heatran so bug or fighting I should be ready

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
Thanks to that Cross Attack glitch which helped me save on Celebi BIG time, I have managed to catch all available Pokemon - including that hideous Rapidash in Expert - and trained more Pokemon at Ampharos.

Also, due to my affiliation, I will cherish this goal.

o1lrLS9.png

3 Cross Attack+ moves from Vikavolt leading to a Victini at SL5 in Last-Ditch Effort.

I think I hurt the canine.

raichu27

Thanks to that Cross Attack glitch which helped me save on Celebi BIG time, I have managed to catch all available Pokemon - including that hideous Rapidash in Expert - and trained more Pokemon at Ampharos.

Also, due to my affiliation, I will cherish this goal.

o1lrLS9.png

3 Cross Attack+ moves from Vikavolt leading to a Victini at SL5 in Last-Ditch Effort.

I think I hurt the canine.
I was never able to get that glitch to work. :( I play the mobile version, though.