• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokémon Shuffle General Discussion

Cyberra

pain in the ***
Using a C-1 on kommo-o turns it into essentially a safari stage. Take a combo mega (even m-gengar could work here), and a Shot Out vanilluxe or Eject++ white kyurem. Up to you. And a combo booster. Then throw everything plus the kitchen sink at it and you should be good.

I beat it with 9 moves left using a mega abomasnow ice team. Caught at 46% in a great ball.

Also, guzzlord disrupts with winking granbull so might want to consider bringing that.

Last edited:

R_N

Using a C-1 on kommo-o turns it into essentially a safari stage. Take a combo mega (even m-gengar could work here), and a Shot Out vanilluxe or Eject++ white kyurem. Up to you. And a combo booster. Then throw everything plus the kitchen sink at it and you should be good.

I beat it with 9 moves left using a mega abomasnow ice team. Caught at 46% in a great ball.

Also, guzzlord disrupts with winking granbull so might want to consider bringing that.

Thanks for the advice, brought Rayquaza (Shot Out did over 5k damage every time it activated), Kyurem-W (who i've nevber trained, oops) and Ninetails-A. Jokes on me though, I should have brought Silvally for Typeless Combo because then maybe I would have beat it sooner and gotten a rate higher than 40%. And of COURSE i needed the greatball.

and after unlocking guzzlord i am back down to 2869 coins. Great. Love this content, it is Very Good. Least that had the decency to be caught without a greatball at 32%.
Also did anyone notice these got renamed to UB Challenges and not Master Challenges. Don't like what that implies at all.

Cyberra

pain in the ***
Hope you all like Safaris being dropped out of nowhere during a Thursday while a competition and an EB are close to finishing.

'cause that's what happened today.

I was thinking I didn't remember there having been a safari last time I looked.

I've already finished it. Got jumpluff on the second heart and got a SCP to 80-something percent. Never had to use more than one GB on anything, and most of them were nice enough to catch in regular balls on the first try. Last one to catch was hakamo-o.

I've been ignoring EBs and competition stages for the last two months.

R_N

Ive only caught jangmo-o and hakamo-o. Saw skiploom once and i didnt even beat it....
Hoppip and cherubi refuse to stay caught.

Cyberra

pain in the ***
I was running m-gengar, Shot Out Vanilluxe, and Stabilize++ holiday delibird. I did fine. I never failed to complete any of the stages though some of them took multiple tries to catch

R_N

I was running m-gengar, Shot Out Vanilluxe, and Stabilize++ holiday delibird. I did fine. I never failed to complete any of the stages though some of them took multiple tries to catch

i have neither of those skill boosted (i have entirel too many skill swappers) or leveled
right now, i just use Shot Out Rayquaza, Walrein, and SS Froslass. Generally more consistent, though I haven't ran into Skiploom again.

Did catch Cherubi & Cherrim without great balls though, which was nice. I've been passing on even high SCPs since I'm still low on coins.

e: Found it! Beat it!
did not catch it

e: Found Jumpluff and barely bet it because shot out refused to activate, rayquaza wouldn't pick up the ones i needed it to as a mega and barely any combos happened. escaped from 2 great balls so i had to reset
pokemon shuffle!!!!

Last edited:

Krokketto Prime Danjal

Done with worldly lies
So, it looks like I’m falling off this treadmill. Going into last Tuesday’s update, I was at 30000 coins thanks to all that PSB grinding and that was only due to using a Jewel on Meowth and getting some good extra runs. My competition run also got me Tier 1.

This week having caught Guzzlord, Kommo-o made me do two item runs (no C-1) and took 2 great balls. As for the competition, well, it’s played a blinder! Only 240k and I stupidly tried again and of course scored under 200k. I now don’t even have enough coins to try to beat Keldeo 200 which was my target since I don’t need the RMLs. I haven’t even caught half the Safari Pokémon yet either although I stopped trying after a day.

Under 10000 coins to tackle the new content... haha.

R_N

So, it looks like I’m falling off this treadmill. Going into last Tuesday’s update, I was at 30000 coins thanks to all that PSB grinding and that was only due to using a Jewel on Meowth and getting some good extra runs. My competition run also got me Tier 1.

This week having caught Guzzlord, Kommo-o made me do two item runs (no C-1) and took 2 great balls. As for the competition, well, it’s played a blinder! Only 240k and I stupidly tried again and of course scored under 200k. I now don’t even have enough coins to try to beat Keldeo 200 which was my target since I don’t need the RMLs. I haven’t even caught half the Safari Pokémon yet either although I stopped trying after a day.

Under 10000 coins to tackle the new content... haha.

this is why I don't do competitions anymore and ignore most escalations. I didn't even go to 50 on this one. Guzzlord & Kommo-o were ridiculous enough.
And FINALLY completed the safari. Only needed a great ball on Jumpluff even if sandygast took...forever...

At least next two weeks are easy street. Minior next week, Mareanie the week after.

Cyberra

pain in the ***
Holy bleep beating grotle required three tries and finally a C-1 to finally get past the damn thing. These stages are insane XP I finally got past mega abomasnow, but I am going to be burning a lot of coins to S most of the stages in that area

3DS Version 1.5.0 is up.

Biggest change is Trainer Rankings. Trainer Rankings are based on unique species caught and each time it goes up, you get a prize which you can claim whenever. Goes up to Rank 30 and most end-game players are at Rank 29. There's also a gifts tab and the ability to save teams for stages (which Mobile has had for a while).

There's some other changes but they aren't known yet. Probably the introduction of USUM Pokémon and more Pikachu Variants, plus some random Winking Alola Pokémon. Who knows.

We still don't have Drop Rate Increase in Special Shop though.

Last edited:

R_N

3DS Version 1.5.0 is up.

Biggest change is Trainer Rankings. Trainer Rankings are based on unique species caught and each time it goes up, you get a prize which you can claim whenever. Goes up to Rank 30 and most end-game players are at Rank 29. There's also a gifts tab and the ability to save teams for stages (which Mobile has had for a while).

There's some other changes but they aren't known yet. Probably the introduction of USUM Pokémon and more Pikachu Variants, plus some random Winking Alola Pokémon. Who knows.

We still don't have Drop Rate Increase in Special Shop though.

well that came out of nowhere

checking around, some other odds and ends:
-you can use jewels to unlock up to certain stages. if you pop 3 jewels, you can unlock up to stage 300 all at once
-a credits option
-stages with multiple drops get details on a separate tab
-the trainer rankings have a ton of mega stones: Lucarioite, Charizardite Y, Pidgeotite, Gardevoirite, Charizardite X
-if you already have those, you get level up lollipops
-some consistent check in bonuses, apparently

i've seen no reports on any new pokemon added which is just bizarre...but i guess it's worth noting that trainer rank 30 (the seemingly final rank) is for 802 pokemon.
-have to pick up each prize one. at. a time. because this feature that should have been here 2 years ago was very well thought out

HylianGlaceon

Hyrulean Resident
Yeah, they really should have put the Trainer Rank to the right of the Jewels counter or in a menu.

Excluding forms also seems odd for it. It'd be better to have a reason to catch winking mons after all, but I guess not. Maybe Mewtwo and Charizard would've bugged it.

I think we are bound to get more mons in a future update still. Seems odd to add new abilities for what little we have yet to catch otherwise. Probably USUM mons and some more winking + shinies.

Trainer Yusuf

VolcaniNO
USUM stuff might be waiting for Zeraora reveal.

R_N

Yeah, they really should have put the Trainer Rank to the right of the Jewels counter or in a menu.

Excluding forms also seems odd for it. It'd be better to have a reason to catch winking mons after all, but I guess not. Maybe Mewtwo and Charizard would've bugged it.

I think we are bound to get more mons in a future update still. Seems odd to add new abilities for what little we have yet to catch otherwise. Probably USUM mons and some more winking + shinies.

Future updates are, of course, always possible, but they've been giving out random abilities all over the place so it wouldn't be too surprising, honestly.

for example:
5 Up Increases damage when you make a match of five. Skill Level will go up more easily! 1.5x — / — / Always 2.25x / 2.7x / 3x / 3.3x 2 / 9 / 27 / 54
I think we have a 4 Up skill already so they could slap this on like anything. Interesting how it will always activate on a 5 match, though those modifiers arent great. Weird how it mentions its fast skill growth.

Barrier Break Rarely removes all barrier-type disruptions. All barriers! 20% / 40% / 70% +10% / +20% / +25% / +40% 5 / 30 / 70 / 120
This is just insane, even considering the activation rates. Could easily be an ability for Pheromosa or Kartana.

Blockify+ Sometimes turns up to 10 non-Support Pokémon into blocks. 10 icons 25% / 40% / 70% +10% / +20% / +30% / +40% 5 / 30 / 70 / 120
This is what blockify should have been to begin with honestly, but I stlil dont see it getting any use. Easy thing to throw on a winking pokemon or make available through skill swapping

Extinction Rarely deals a ton of damage when you make a match of five. 16x — / — / 20% +10% / +15% / 20% / 35% 5 / 30 / 70 / 120
An absolute trash ability but thats definitely one heck of a name. That said, they could easily give this to Primal Kyogre & Groudon since their entire shtick is, uh, an extinction event.

Fascinate Delays your opponent's disruptions. 1 turn, like Chill (probably) 30% / 30% / 30% +5% / +10% / +15% / +30% 5 / 20 / 40 / 100
bad, could go to anyone

Poison Rush Increases damage done by combos if the foe is poisoned. 2x (probably) 60% / 70% / Always +10% / +20% / +30% / +40% 2 / 9 / 30 / 70
we notably have no poison types left without adding Poipole & Nagandal, unless they make Winking Roserade a poison type and give it this. Or they could just make it skill swap exclusive

Shadow Shock Delays your opponent's disruptions and deals even more damage. 3x damage; 1 turn, like Chill (probably) 15% / 25% / Always 4.5x / 6x / 9x / 10.5 5 / 30 / 70 / 120
This is probably Marshadow's ability.