• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokémon Shuffle General Discussion

Trainer Yusuf

VolcaniNO
^Primal Groudon isn't available?
Edit: It is, my bad, but I guess it is part of the EX stages.
Edit 2: R_N, feel free to update your list.
Edit 3: Looking at the unreleased stuff, there should be enough material until April. We will see what happens after that.
Edit 4: Joe confirmed events will continue until July. In other means, we won't need an update until the movie release.
Edit 5: Some people guessing a physical release after the main stages final.

Last edited:
^Primal Groudon isn't available?

Edit: It is, my bad, but I guess it is part of the EX stages.

Yes it is an Expert Stage.

Yes the stage will benefit greatly from bringing Primal Kyogre.

There will be more information added to the previous post once things get more and more organised.

Also yes in case you folks are wondering, this seems to be the last batch of new main stages and once you beat Primal Kyogre, you get the UX Stages which continue along the chain after main stages. You have to win Survival Mode to unlock them. Something I still haven't done...

EDIT: Updated post with all the Pokémon data. Go nuts.

Last edited:

R_N

Ill do a full break down later but from glancing at the undummied list i see some conspicious abscenses: any unowns, zygarde core, zygarde cell, 3 emotion pikachu and a variety of winking pokemon.
The current crop of pokemon could easily take them to the game's end in July so im curious if the remainder are just going to be unused.

Trainer Yusuf

VolcaniNO
^That's more or less why I'm guessing this is not the true end.

R_N

^That's more or less why I'm guessing this is not the true end.

Oh no it probably is. Dataminers found that special stages are now automated on a 24 week schedule and includes repeats of most everything along with the new content (that is, everything added but unused) from now until december 31st 2037. Pinsir competition is on week 13 fyi and i think all the new content just geta out by july, thus the statement

I think its straight done barring a surprise "oh right we still have assets sitting around" update.

Ux stages are all exactly the same as their normal counter parts excep they have twice the HP and let you use attack up items. I dont think rhey even give PSBs untul you hit the repeats

Trainer Yusuf

VolcaniNO
I think its straight done barring a surprise "oh right we still have assets sitting around" update.

Considering this thing is supposed to cycle until 2037, I can see something like that.
Either that, or more likely they will reuse the assets plus some additional ones in a new Trozei game.
Edit: Mega Pinsir seems like it will come out by May. Holy sh**.

Last edited:
Yeah this is a 24 week update. I've done an exhaustive list of what's coming each week until May 1st and simply listed when the uncaptured mons are coming after that until July until I get bothered enough to finish the exhaustive list of content.

"Welcome to the end-game folks, please keep playing for the next few months until you have caught them all. Well, almost everything."

EDIT: Unused abilities are: 5 Up, Alchemist, Blockify+, Disrupt Buster, Fearless, Fury of 5, Goad, Good Luck, Poison Rush, and Prospector.

Last edited:

wilmawong

seems weird to me that they haven't added the 5 new pokemon from Ultra S&M and Midnight and Dusk form Lycanroc, amongst others. Would have finished it off nicely

R_N

Okay so yeah, seems I eyeballed it pretty spot on.
These pokemon are just sitting there with the usual placeholders:
-23 unown. a, b, d, f, g, h, j, k , l, m, o, p, q, r, s, t, u, v, w, x, y, z
-Zygarde Core & Zygarde Cell
-8 winking pokemon: Clefable, Marill, Shroomish, Plusle, Minun, Pachirisu, Dedenne, Aromatisse
-3 emotion pikachu: Disappointed, Teary, Dejected (might have the names wrong)

A few possibilities here.
First off is just straight up they're going to go unused. Maybe they decided against adding all those winking pokemon and clogging special stages with unown, maybe they thought there was enough pikachu (BIT LATE FOR THAT), maybe they didnt want to add pokemon you can't actually obtain in the main games..who knows! We've already seen them decide against adding things in the past: Zen Mode Darmanitan & Overcast Cherrim were in the game at the start and then just removed, they obviously skipped over the 5 cosplay pikachu, the alola update didnt have some forms Midnight Lycanroc and they've had abilities in the code that either went unused or were straight up removed.
Second idea is while putting together the schedule, they forgot to include some of these pokemon in other content, like extra pokemon in the assorted safaris. Because they added so much uneeded crap that it's theoretically easy to overlook things. We could see an update eventually that just quietly adds them in before they're set to go live. The gigalith one would easy fit in a winker or two, for example.
Third, they're planned as give aways but they haven't automated that. Note there's no give aways anywhere in the schedule and hte last time they set one up (the monthly pikachus) they totally messed it up. It's an awful lot of give aways, but I could see giving out the pikachus and zygardes i guess.
Fourth they'll have another update in like July that changes out or adds some of the stages for these things and that will be the endless loop.

Personally I'm leaning towards the first option. Completely neglecting every unown (I don't think the NICE safari is repeating at all) seems like a conscious decision. It's also probably not coincidental that of the winking pokemon, they just happened to decide against releasing any of the pikaclones (+marill); though why Delcatty over Shroomish or Clefable we'll never know. Pikachu........well honestly that could have been a mistake. There was just too many of them.

If there's a physical version of shuffle maybe they'll be rolled into there as ~exclusive content~. But I'm not sure there will be a physical version because I think they would need to completely overhaul the game to accomodate it. The game is absolutely functioned towards "grind or pay up"which won't fly in a game you are paying $30 for. And they would probably not have online check ins and special stages need to be fixed up in some fashion probably...

Finally it is absolutely laughable how the back half of the game has been like 80% trash repeat stages for no reason. Chansey & Blissey got 2 reruns and only a minor amount of special stage pokemon were ever retired. Not even getting into the UX stages and how the ONLY DIFFERENCE is double HP & you get the attack doubler item; the early stages dont even give out PSBs if you for some reason really wanted that. Who wanted this? Why?

e: IF this is a mistake, I bet it will be fixed sooner than later. You don't put out automation like this and come back months later going "OH RIGHT" so like within a month probably.

Exsception

Born Completionist
Yeeeah, UX stages actually have 3x the hp of their normal counterparts. So the APU just makes the stage easier rather than negating the change in difficulty.

I feel like GS could've done much better for an endgame update. Not only did they take the laziest route when it comes to the UX stages, but GS didn't even acknowledge their existence with a notice. The whole thing just feels empty and dissatisfying.

R_N

Three times the hp oh my god literally why. WHo wanted that. Who liked ANY of the ridiculous hp wall stages in this game enough to go "yes, i absolutely want to do that again, but MORE"

The whole thing just feels empty and dissatisfying.

The Pokemon Shuffle Experience

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
I played Mobile Shuffle and challenged the latest Safari. There, I only caught Yungoos so far with my five hearts. Other than that, I've gotten prizes and my usual 500 coins for logging in.

Trainer Yusuf

VolcaniNO
Fourth they'll have another update in like July that changes out or adds some of the stages for these things and that will be the endless loop.

Considering this cycle only covers half of a year(which would mean around 40 cycles until 2037), I would consider this a possibility.

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
So I continued playing Mobile Shuffle and challenged the present stage and the Eevee stage for more gifts. I challenged Decidueye even though I have already caught it long ago and after defeating it I got a skill boost for my Decidueye. At last, I used hearts in the Safari and only caught a Metapod this time.

HylianGlaceon

Hyrulean Resident
So much potential and yet probably the worst update ever in Shuffle was this one.

The vast majority of Special stages are now Hearts and are a week long with an abysmal droprate making it impossible to get that pokemon to SL5 in one week without spending jewels. Can't get it to SL5? Only need to wait 6 months to try again.

Endless Escalations with no breaks. I get that we can skip them but still. Completing or playing through the majority of each and every Escalation was an accomplishment for some of us and yet it is basically impossible to keep up now.

Final Batch of regular Main Stages are horrendous and one of the most expensive batches yet. EX Stage is the most ridiculous one yet.

Some PSB grinding stages do not EVER repeat such as Dugtrio, Articuno, etc. Shiny Diancie is also no longer an Escalation.

Try 'em items stages are now Great Challenges. Need 12 Exp for a mon and it isn't Meowth friendly? Too bad.

And of course UX stages are the most lazy and ridiculous mode by far. Especially now that PSB grinding most Shot pokemon are locked behind a paywall or wait 6 months system.

Apologies if I'm being overly negative, I'm just very down with how things have changed for the worst.

R_N

The good news is who cares about grinding to SL5 and doing a million escalations when we only have a handful of new content over 23 weeks. Most weeks get like one new thing and theres only REALLY 31 stages to take care of because lmao at the idea od doing UX stages

Which is to say its all terrible but its terrible in a specific way that appeals to me because it is DONE. I have a specific time frame to focus on and we are out of ultra super terrible challenges because theyre out of legends and upper tier pokemon to worry about.

This also means i can just focus on who wants cookies and use those instead of grinding a million pokemon to sl5 which is something i dis once with shaymin.

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
I logged onto Mobile Shuffle today and got my reward of 500 coins and 5 hearts. I challenged Meowth for coins and I received 3500 coins and it was good that I didn't have to spend hearts to play on this stage. I then played on the Safari again and so far today, I caught Crabrawler and Caterpie, although Caterpie had much more HP than what I first expected.

R_N

"Surely these main stages aren't as bad as HG made them out to be" I said, a naive moron, walking blind into a Deerling stage with entirely too much HP, even with Typeless Combo, and a base catch rate of 1%