• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokémon Shuffle General Discussion

Psynergy

Strong Winds
Staff member
Super Mod
Yeah it has been tempting to use Complexity -1 with my spare 9000 coins to bump up my ranking but 1300 range is really not something I foresee falling out of the 20000 range in the next week, so I'm holding off unless things look dire towards the end of the competition. Sure, I have no other use for coins given catching Mewtwo with no items or Great Ball happened so I may as well, but I'm just going to hoard coins for now.

Secundum

Lord Of Order
9000? Do tell?

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
9000? Do tell?

Meowth stage. It's the only stage where you can genuinely grind for coins above 30 in the 8 turns it gives you. It has three coin icons at the start, but Meowth interrupts by turning a random icon into a coin icon, which you can use to increase the money gain in a larger chain. If you're desperate, you can get 130. If you're patient, you can get 330. If you feel patient, really like to take the risk, and you feel like you're going to be lucky, you can get 530. Multiply all this by 5 tries and you could possibly gather 2,650 coins.

You must NOT use high-leveled Pokemon because they will kill Meowth before you do the move. Use weaker Fighting-types.

I said this a few posts ago. I'm surprised nobody said anything.

Secundum

Lord Of Order
I must've missed it. last time I tried that I took a team full of ex mons, and the time before they were too weak and didn't kill it so no 530 coins for me. =(

R_N

Apparently there was some glitch/exploit that let you get like 99999 points on the competition, so I bet the new version of the game just fixes that

Secundum

Lord Of Order
Oh, I remember that being posted on reddit.

Silversea

I have also farmed the meowth stage for a long time but I've never managed to get a match of more than 3 coins yet (and consequently my max coins per day is 1820 over 14 hearts). I've never seen 5 coins up at once. The 1st coin disappears on the turn after the 4th coin is generated so the chance of matching 4 must be extremely minimal?

Last edited:

SkyBlue

I ate ColtonL
Well I'm completely and utterly screwed, thank you nintendo :/
suck at the timed ones ;A;
and still haven't caught lucario

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
I have also farmed the meowth stage for a long time but I've never managed to get a match of more than 3 coins yet (and consequently my max coins per day is 1820 over 14 hearts). I've never seen 5 coins up at once. The 1st coin disappears on the turn after the 4th coin is generated so the chance of matching 4 must be extremely minimal?

Meowth hardly makes one of the three coins change into another coin for me. It only happened once for me.

ChicaSkas

I'm thinking the only way I'm going to be able to win this game is by spending the $47.00 for the jewels

R_N

Speaking of Jewels, if you have some to spare and want an easy S rank on the legendary dogs, just get them super low and pop a jewel when time runs out

Since it restores 15 seconds no matter what, and those stages are only 15 seconds...

monkeyman192

simply bored
How many regions are there that have separate rankings? I am 7372/75121 with someone with a top score of 50011... I thought it was just japan and others, but some people here seem to have different numbers to the ones I see...

Psynergy

Strong Winds
Staff member
Super Mod
Yeah, judging by differing scores, it's safe to assume there's more regions being grouped than just Japan and "Everyone Else." As far as I can see the US and Canada are their own region for this. Europe and Australia probably has their own rankings too but I don't know. As it stands in the US there's 143610 scores here and counting, with first place at exactly 47000 points. But seriously, those people are overdoing it. Like, I'd think 14000+ is a solid enough score but I guess some people really want to ensure they get their Lucarionite. At any rate my score has decayed a lot slower recently so it's probably not going to change much at this point. At this point I'll probably go back to EXP grinding Mewtwo, Lucario and some of the other legendaries.

Silversea

My score of 29,000 is currently 21/140,000, so I think it is safe to say that anything in the 20k range is safe, perhaps lower.

Secundum

Lord Of Order

It has the same chance of turning a coin into a coin as any other icon into a coin. I get 330 most times, and when I don't, it's 5 (or 0 when the combos line up and kill it in 3 turns =( )

R-N=wouldn't it be easier just to use the +10 seconds without wasting a Jewel? And yes, there is zero need to spend any money at all on this game.

It's Australia and Europe, North America, and Japan. currently Europe has a high score of 52000, and I'm sitting pretty at 1600/80000 with a score of 14k. Just to put something into perspective-everyone else I know in RL who has the game is getting scores of 2000 at the best, so I think all us completionists will do fine.

Silversea

My problem was never a coin being turned into a coin, it was that when there were 4 coins on the screen, 1 coin would disappear.

I worked out my problem though, one my pokemon had the swap ability which coincidentally only activated after the 4th coin was in play. For some reason it always targets a coin.