• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokémon Shuffle General Discussion

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
My problem was never a coin being turned into a coin, it was that when there were 4 coins on the screen, 1 coin would disappear.

I worked out my problem though, one my pokemon had the swap ability which coincidentally only activated after the 4th coin was in play. For some reason it always targets a coin.

That happens a lot with a Pokemon with a Swap ability, namely Mewtwo. I tried to squeeze it into this as some sort of pseudo training, until the little prick turned the coins into its head.

Kicked it away from the team after the first test.

Secundum

Lord Of Order
Swap turns things that aren't in your team into itself, and as everything on the Meowth stage bar your team is Coins....As for it only then kicking in, iirc it doesn't ALWAYS activate.

Btw, any tips for S-ranking Mega Mewtwo? I've S-ranked everything else (including 18 of the Extras), but I'm struggling with him. Is the solution just to grind Yveltal, Zoroark, Absol, etc. on Ampharos?

R_N

R-N=wouldn't it be easier just to use the +10 seconds without wasting a Jewel? And yes, there is zero need to spend any money at all on this game.

yeah probably but i'm also just sitting on these things

should probably spend them eventually

Secundum

Lord Of Order
Wait till the next world is released and then buy 18 hearts?

R_N

Wait till the next world is released and then buy 18 hearts?

I'd probably grab the coins, honestly.

Speaking of that next world, I wonder how they're going to balance that. More bulk and based around having tons of like level 7+ pokemon? We're missing a bunch of low level dudes too and those cant be worth catching

monkeyman192

simply bored
Btw, any tips for S-ranking Mega Mewtwo? I've S-ranked everything else (including 18 of the Extras), but I'm struggling with him. Is the solution just to grind Yveltal, Zoroark, Absol, etc. on Ampharos?

Complexity -1.
I finally have unlocked EX20, and I used complexity -1 on both the M-metwo and M-gengar stages. Both I would recomment you use complexity -1 and disruption delay. Probably don't need the moves +5 (I had them, but I did M-gengar with 19 moves left, so it was probably overkill, but if you get it and mess up a bit, it means you are more likely to get the S rank without having to dish out 9000 coins again)

Anyone have tips for beating mewtwo? I am getting it down to what looks to be about 20% health... I only also have ~3500 coins after spending most of them getting aforementioned S rankings...

Psynergy

Strong Winds
Staff member
Super Mod
Anyone have tips for beating mewtwo? I am getting it down to what looks to be about 20% health... I only also have ~3500 coins after spending most of them getting aforementioned S rankings...

For the record I had Mega Gengar/Yveltal/Scyther/Scizor, reason for the latter two being that they have the same power and the color contrast is very helpful unlike something like Zoroark/Yveltal. I just got used to the rhythm of matching as quickly as I could, even if it meant matching Espeon to keep my combo. Prioritizing any blocks at the top that got frozen also helped. Eventually got to beating it with 16 seconds to spare and got lucky with about a 16% catch. Otherwise Complexity -1 would probably help a ton, but I never ended up trying it. Not sure how useful Disruption Delay would be though, since it's only really the disruptions at the end that get tricky. The freezing blocks can at least be played around much more easily.

ChicaSkas

My score of 29,000 is currently 21/140,000, so I think it is safe to say that anything in the 20k range is safe, perhaps lower.

Just curious, what are you using as your team? I just started playing the game a week ago and my highest level pokemon is Mega Audino at lv. 6. I've caught all the pokemon up to the 61st stage and Absol , all Rotoms, and Kyogre from the first Bonus Game. I bought a $20.00 Nintendo DSi/Wii Game card and blew it all on Jewels to do that.. currently have 52 levels passed at S level.

I'm afraid I don't have enough heavy hitters to win the Lucarionite in 3 days :(

Silversea

My team is mega slowbro, togekiss, xerneas and mewtwo, which I think is the same team or nearly the same team most people in the top 5 used.

Mega slowbro is recommended because it is super effective and can rack some crazy damage if you are lucky. Xerneas and togekiss good for ability, mewtwo just does a lot of damage.

Slowbro is the key, you can substitute the rest for things like chatot or any other psychic/fairy/flying that is higher than level 1.

monkeyman192

simply bored
For the record I had Mega Gengar/Yveltal/Scyther/Scizor, reason for the latter two being that they have the same power and the color contrast is very helpful unlike something like Zoroark/Yveltal. I just got used to the rhythm of matching as quickly as I could, even if it meant matching Espeon to keep my combo. Prioritizing any blocks at the top that got frozen also helped. Eventually got to beating it with 16 seconds to spare and got lucky with about a 16% catch. Otherwise Complexity -1 would probably help a ton, but I never ended up trying it. Not sure how useful Disruption Delay would be though, since it's only really the disruptions at the end that get tricky. The freezing blocks can at least be played around much more easily.

Ok, cheers. I was using the same team. Was just gonna grind it a bunch until I get it.

Secundum

Lord Of Order
Complexity -1.
I finally have unlocked EX20, and I used complexity -1 on both the M-metwo and M-gengar stages. Both I would recomment you use complexity -1 and disruption delay. Probably don't need the moves +5 (I had them, but I did M-gengar with 19 moves left, so it was probably overkill, but if you get it and mess up a bit, it means you are more likely to get the S rank without having to dish out 9000 coins again)

Grinding Meowth for complexity...ugh.

monkeyman192

simply bored
Grinding Meowth for complexity...ugh.

Do you have any gems? If you haven't spent them on anything yet, I would buy heaps of coins...

Secundum

Lord Of Order
I have 1. I tended to save them till I had 3 than grab 18 hearts. I'll take the competition 1, then try and get the one for beating Mega Mewtwo. That should give me 10k.

Weavile'sMyPartner

Just wondering if anyone knows, if a mega pokemon erases things from the board, is it counted with the level and the damage the mega pokemon is supposed to do with that many erases or does it calculate with the pokemon it erases?

R_N

geeze, dropped down to almost 10,000 in the past couple days

popped a disruption delay and upped my score from 13,500 to 16,400, putting me at 4082/212629. Should be plenty to last out the last 8 hours

Mega Lucario mega power will hopefully be great counters to all the fighting-weak megas

Secundum

Lord Of Order
Managed to get to 958th using a Complexity -1 I grinded Meowths for. Even with that, I only got 17,500 (or thereabouts). NO idea how those people managed to get up to 50,000.

Secundum

Lord Of Order
True. Most of the game IS luck after all. Guess they just got a lot of Slowbros.

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
I was dangerously sitting under the 13,000 places, so I burned 9,000 coins for Complexity -1 and went to the 752st place with 21,105.

Sadly, the top ones must have had a LOOOOOT of luck to get a lot of screen wipes.