• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokémon Shuffle General Discussion

Serebii

And, as if by magic, the webmaster appeared...
Staff member
Admin

Psynergy

Strong Winds
Staff member
Super Mod
So I've been enjoying this game so far, not being able to play as much as I want without spending is really convenient for letting me focus on other things every now and then. Also noticed I got a jewel for my first StreetPass. I'm assuming you get rewards dependent on the number of StreetPasses, probably incremental but I only have one so far so that's just an assumption.

blue8arman

Castform Fanatic
I just finished downloading the game and played through the first 5 levels. I's just alright.

This game- and I use the term "game" loosely here; a better word would be "scam"- is inferior to Pokémon Battle Trozei! in pretty much every way. Far from being impressed, I'm insulted, insulted that Greedtendo seems to think their fans would actually go for this kind of Candy Crush-esque scam.

I agree. Shuffle is worse than Candy Crush and the like. In this game, you need to spent a single heart every time you play a level, unlike Candy Crush and others which only deduct life when you quit or get a game over.

Shine

Psyched Up
Staff member
......I don't see this mentioned anywhere - you can Check In only after you finished the 10th stage, which is Mega Audino's stage in Puerto Blanco.

And regarding the heart, they should at least reduce the timer to 5 minutes per heart, not 30 minutes per heart -_-

R_N

This game- and I use the term "game" loosely here; a better word would be "scam"- is inferior to Pokémon Battle Trozei! in pretty much every way. Far from being impressed, I'm insulted, insulted that Greedtendo seems to think their fans would actually go for this kind of Candy Crush-esque scam.

I actually quite like it as a game

Having limited moves is an interesting idea, i like the garbage block counter attacks, and the lack of timer (...barring the normal timer mode in EX stages, obviously) are all a nice change of pace from BT (which i really liked)

I just wish I could have just spent $10 on the whole thing. The freemium stuff is really gross and the actual base game being enjoyable makes that worse

Psynergy

Strong Winds
Staff member
Super Mod
I honestly have no issues with Shuffle as a game. It's fantastic, a different game that uses a similar base as Battle Trozei but with a completely different play style. EX stages are the closest you get to Battle Trozei but even that lacks the ability to quick chain 5 or 6 since moves happen immediately.

As for the "freemium" business I honestly don't care. It's a solid game, but you don't need to put in a lot of time into it to enjoy it and you don't lose anything from not spending money. I'd love it if this was a regular purchase game like Battle Trozei so that I can play it more consistently, but it's a free game so I'll deal with it. The "freemium" aspect of the game doesn't detract from my enjoyment of the game really. But to say the game is a scam is a gross exaggeration.

R_N

I honestly have no issues with Shuffle as a game. It's fantastic, a different game that uses a similar base as Battle Trozei but with a completely different play style. EX stages are the closest you get to Battle Trozei but even that lacks the ability to quick chain 5 or 6 since moves happen immediately.

As for the "freemium" business I honestly don't care. It's a solid game, but you don't need to put in a lot of time into it to enjoy it and you don't lose anything from not spending money. I'd love it if this was a regular purchase game like Battle Trozei so that I can play it more consistently, but it's a free game so I'll deal with it. The "freemium" aspect of the game doesn't detract from my enjoyment of the game really. But to say the game is a scam is a gross exaggeration.

the thing that bugs me the most is the capture mechanics, which definitely are to be the real money maker. The base chances seem to vary based on the pokemon rather than basing it on score and a lot of the time even with the turn bonus your chances will be garbage. i had an amazing run on the pichu stage, but his base % was 7 and that only got to 28%. The fact I caught that one at all is lucky.
Now on its own, whatever, i'd see it as fronting for great balls and just try it later but then if you fail the capture it shows you what the great ball chances are and then says "hey want to buy a great ball with your coins"

Stalungrad

This game- and I use the term "game" loosely here; a better word would be "scam"

But ... it's not, is it? Nobody has to play it. If you do play it, you don't have to pay a penny for it. Like any game, you play it if it's fun, but it's not essential if you don't like it.

I'm having a great time with it. I work from home, so short sharp bursts of procrastination suit me down to the ground.

One question for other players: I've not tried the Mew stage or any of the expert stages later. How hard are they? I've completed 13 stages so far, and I don't want to waste hearts on the tougher stages until I've got a fair chance of beating them.

Gody

072 Volbeat
Attack Power 50

Ability Crowd Control:
The more Vobeat in the puzzle area, the more damage.

Shine

Psyched Up
Staff member
After playing for a while, I personally think it's better to spend Jewel on Coins, instead of Hearts. You can just wait for Hearts, but Coins are harder to obtain, and are required to buy power-ups.

One question for other players: I've not tried the Mew stage or any of the expert stages later. How hard are they? I've completed 13 stages so far, and I don't want to waste hearts on the tougher stages until I've got a fair chance of beating them.

If you're only on stage 13 then I guess most of your team members are still at lv 1-2. It's still really hard, especially the capturing part.

Defeating Mew is possible with a Mega (you might still need Move+5 item though) but capturing it is a whole another story. In a few tries I haven't been able to reach more than 10% catchability.
I figure I need to get stronger team first, so I decided to just continue with the stages for now, gathering enough coins for power-ups and leveling up my team.

Serebii

And, as if by magic, the webmaster appeared...
Staff member
Admin
I have not found stages for many Mega Stones. I think they'll come through distributions later.

I have the Pokémon but no Mega Stones for:

Venusaur
Charizard
Blastoise
Pidgeot
Absol
Heracross
Lucario
Sceptile
Blaziken
Swampert
Scizor
Aerodactyl

Now, I've given it some thought...

In the game right now, there are ~158 Pokémon and 10 Mega Evolutions available. There is a total of 48 Mega Evolutions and 2 Primal Reversions.

Now, they can easily release 4 further content packs with ~150 Pokémon (including forms) a piece in them, each with 10 Mega Stones at the end of each world. That'd take us up to all 719 Pokémon in the game.

The end of the final stage against Mewtwo implies it will continue on through the stages with new aesthetics
00056.png

So yeah, I'd say there's a good chance of this.

Gody

After playing for a while, I personally think it's better to spend Jewel on Coins, instead of Hearts. You can just wait for Hearts, but Coins are harder to obtain, and are required to buy power-ups.

If you're only on stage 13 then I guess most of your team members are still at lv 1-2. It's still really hard, especially the capturing part.

Defeating Mew is possible with a Mega (you might still need Move+5 item though) but capturing it is a whole another story. In a few tries I haven't been able to reach more than 10% catchability.
I figure I need to get stronger team first, so I decided to just continue with the stages for now, gathering enough coins for power-ups and leveling up my team.

I waited for this challenge until I got mega Sableye (Stage 30).
On top of that I saved 3300 coins. 800 for +5 moves and 2500 in case I needed a Great Ball. I Managed to catch Mew on my first try with the team of
M-Sableye, Volbeat, Illumise and Purrloin.
Finished with 17 moves left so the catch rate went up to 58%. Still needed the Great ball in the end which put the percentage to MAX.
The key is to take all the time you need and really think through your actions before making a move.

Shine

Psyched Up
Staff member
Sooo.. Ummm... I think I found a shiny Pokemon in Pokemon Shuffle.

If you meant Torchic, it's like that for everyone.

I waited for this challenge until I got mega Sableye (Stage 30).
On top of that I saved 3300 coins. 800 for +5 moves and 2500 in case I needed a Great Ball. I Managed to catch Mew on my first try with the team of
M-Sableye, Volbeat, Illumise and Purrloin.
Finished with 17 moves left so the catch rate went up to 58%. Still needed the Great ball in the end which put the percentage to MAX.
The key is to take all the time you need and really think through your actions before making a move.

Nice. I didn't wait until I got Mega Sableye, but I got Mew anyway, with this setup:

Team: Mega Kangaskhan lv5, Absol lv1, Treecko lv1, Volbeat lv2
Item: Attack Power Up, Move+5

Treecko's Sleep Charm and Volbeat's Crown Control, combined with Attack Power Up, really helps.

And I finished the stage with 17 moves left too, so I got the catch rate to 58% too :p

monkeyman192

simply bored
Are you going to put information on capture rates and such for each pokemon? I was going to record the data for a few but didn't but I have just started recording some of the data if you want it?

Psynergy

Strong Winds
Staff member
Super Mod
So after some experimenting with the EX stages and a fruitless use of one of the free jewels, it looks like 41% is the absolute maximum catch rate for some/all of the EX stages. I managed to get 41% on Charizard and failed to catch it, and the next time I did it I beat it even faster but still only got 41% catch rate. After trying to get Blaziken, I tried to see what using one of the free jewels would do and I finished with 13 seconds left, which conveniently gave me 41% catch rate (unfortunate failure because that stage is INSANE).

R_N

So we've all seen the theory on adding in remaining pokemon, but judging by the game's structure I bet they add in more items too.

The fact they go poke->great ball seems telling to me. I wouldn't be too surprised if we eventually see an Ultra Ball option, that triples the rate instead of doubles it (or x2.5); there's a ton of instances where even a good play, doubled, wont reach 50%. And a master ball option (probably worth a jewel) seems like an inevitability.
A Rare Candy seems likely too, considering how slow it takes anything to level up in the game. Ideally one that would level up everyone currently in use.