• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokémon Shuffle General Discussion

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
I think being after Mega Mewtwo Y affected all of these extra guys, because I think the likes of Froakie were given steroids somewhere. Seriously. It's a good thing I grinded for coins above the 60,000 to at least stand a chance against the atrociously-large health bars these have.

By the way, Larvesta taking tips from Mega Glalie it's not even funny.

Secundum

Lord Of Order
I guess I got lucky on Larvesta then, considering all the trouble people seem to be having. But yeah, I got that impression too.

Psynergy

Strong Winds
Staff member
Super Mod
Larvesta is definitely not the worst stage out there, but it's far from an easy stage. Before Pancham/Yamask/Milotic since I've yet to try them, it's definitely the second toughest stage out of the new set, Onix being the worst of them. I did manage to beat Larvesta first try with no items though only barely. I did catch it though, which was nice. I will say that some of these stages are kinda fun though. Trubbish and especially Smeargle had a clever set up, more of the stages need to be like them.

monkeyman192

simply bored
I was worried about Larvesta, so I must have got super lucky, because I had like 5 moves left at the end and got A rank with a score of 11248...
I also got crazy lucky on feebas and got a combo length of 40 or something and got about 20000 points on it.
Just got yamask and milotic to go, then to try S-rank them all (gonna need a few move +5's)

Secundum

Lord Of Order
Does anyone else feel that Yamasks gimmick is pointless, as you can just move the mons out of the clouds before putting them back in?

Edit: Ok, Milotic is INSANE. Going to be forced to take Feebas...ugh.

Last edited:

Secundum

Lord Of Order
So the Japanese Pokémon Shuffle site has apologised for the fact that nobody who received the Lucarionite got a Jewel, and that they're working on it. I guess that maybe we'll get it a bit later? Perhaps with an extra gift thrown in as an apology.

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
It's kind of anti-climatic for the stages to end at Milotic for now... I guess I'll stay around to catch those hard babies and S-Rank them.

So the Japanese Pokémon Shuffle site has apologised for the fact that nobody who received the Lucarionite got a Jewel, and that they're working on it. I guess that maybe we'll get it a bit later? Perhaps with an extra gift thrown in as an apology.

They're not rewarding anything to the people who truly got the Lucarionite for sure.

Last edited:

Secundum

Lord Of Order
What do you mean?

Psynergy

Strong Winds
Staff member
Super Mod
Okay I really hope there's no more Mewtwo tier S rank requirements anytime soon for an EX stage. Just went through a Disruption Delay, Moves +5 and Mega Start on Milotic in hopes of getting an S rank and finishing the stage completely but still only got an A rank. At least I caught Milotic itself, because wow that's not a fun stage. Will be going back to catch the other Pokemon later and S ranking them but S ranking Milotic won't be a particularly fun one.

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
What do you mean?

As if they're going to apologize to the people who truly got what the event said they were getting.

Then again, doing that route would make it less of a hassle to program an extra jewel for everyone.

But then again, if this is a really simple delay, I don't think they will give more if the jewel is given out tomorrow.

Okay I really hope there's no more Mewtwo tier S rank requirements anytime soon for an EX stage. Just went through a Disruption Delay, Moves +5 and Mega Start on Milotic in hopes of getting an S rank and finishing the stage completely but still only got an A rank. At least I caught Milotic itself, because wow that's not a fun stage. Will be going back to catch the other Pokemon later and S ranking them but S ranking Milotic won't be a particularly fun one.

Grind for money at the Meowth stage. At least, if you can do it, you can gather 9,000 coins a day.

Secundum

Lord Of Order
Try using Feebas. I got lucky with it and took of a good quarter or its hp before I started making moves.

R_N

As if they're going to apologize to the people who truly got what the event said they were getting.

Then again, doing that route would make it less of a hassle to program an extra jewel for everyone.

But then again, if this is a really simple delay, I don't think they will give more if the jewel is given out tomorrow.

What do you mean by truly? Like, people who abused glitches? Because those were removed from the board. And probably significantly fewer than the amount of people who did in fact earn the Lucarioite.
Furhtermore, the listing said everyone would get a jewel. IT was the entry prize, not the booby prize.

What actually happened was probably a glitch where they had the prize system set to only give one thing instead of possibly giving 2. Compared to like everything else set up, the programming error will likely be an easy fix. There will presumably be more competitions like this in the future and it would be pretty lame-o to not give people the jewel.

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
What do you mean by truly?

I assumed Secundum was one of the people who got a Lucarionite and then wondered if the people like us who got the Lucarionite are going to get an apology gift for the jewel everyone else who didn't make it were expected to receive starting from today. I don't really know if we will get an apology gift for something that wasn't meant to be rewarded as a runner up gift when we got the bigger prize.

Secundum

Lord Of Order
I..THINK I get what you're saying...But as somebody else said-the jewel wasn't a runner-up prize, it was an entry prize.

Shine

Psyched Up
Staff member
The new area currently ends at Milotic, but the area itself doesn't end there.

I think we'll get at least 4 more Pokemon + 1 new Mega before another new area.

and oh, Larvesta ran away from me with 96% catch rate, lol xD

But I'm NOT going to redo Larvesta's stage until I get enough coins for another Mega Start and perhaps another Great Ball.

Silversea

So just completed milotic and apparently I haven't managed to get more than 3 A ranks through those 15 stages, all the others are Bs and mostly Cs. Back to coin grinding I suppose, still don't have the magic touch of y'all who can achieve more than 2000 coins per day, and I do meowth 18 times a day.

Like challenges and such but completely random challenges not so much. I wonder how Nintendo can even make more difficult stages from this point on without making them obscenely difficult and requiring high combos with each match?

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
So just completed milotic and apparently I haven't managed to get more than 3 A ranks through those 15 stages, all the others are Bs and mostly Cs. Back to coin grinding I suppose, still don't have the magic touch of y'all who can achieve more than 2000 coins per day, and I do meowth 18 times a day.

Like challenges and such but completely random challenges not so much. I wonder how Nintendo can even make more difficult stages from this point on without making them obscenely difficult and requiring high combos with each match?

1) Score doesn't matter for ranks. Moves left do. Move +5 may not make catching Pokemon easy, but as for obtaining higher ranks...they do.

2) Use two weak Fighting-types and two other Pokemon you may want to train in the Meowth stage for better coin grinding. Do NOT use any Pokemon with an ability that destroys coin icons.

Psynergy

Strong Winds
Staff member
Super Mod
Well Sigilyph's stage is kinda weird. Was a little worried at how awkward that stage was going to to get but before I knew it I already finished the stage. S ranked and caught it too.

As for the new Pokemon I've gone and caught all 15 of them except Froakie who continues to be an incredibly massive pain. Still have coins left over to try using a Great Ball though, should probably use that Great Ball trick the next time RNG isn't stupid and lets me actually beat the stage again.

Illusione-Tempus

Is Larvesta's stage really that hard? 'cause I managed to beat it and catch it on my first try. Although, I only got a B I guess.

Anyway, I finally defeated Onix this morning. It only took swapping out a super-effective Pokemon in favor of an Absol for its Mind Zap ability. Managed to clear the stage without disruptions and got an A to boot.