• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokémon Shuffle General Discussion

Secundum

Lord Of Order
1) Score doesn't matter for ranks. Moves left do. Move +5 may not make catching Pokemon easy, but as for obtaining higher ranks...they do.

2) Use two weak Fighting-types and two other Pokemon you may want to train in the Meowth stage for better coin grinding. Do NOT use any Pokemon with an ability that destroys coin icons.

This. Try and match 4 coins, unless matching 5 will be REALLY easy, and don't be afraid to match 3 if you're worried you might kill Meowth.

Yes, I found Sigilyph surprisingly easy as well. As for the new mons, 7 S-ranks so far (Munchlax, Larvesta, Milotic, Smeargle, Pancham, Trubbish, and Chespin), and missing Froakie and Onix. Going to grind for coins to ensure my S-rank before attempting them gain so I can save time.

Has anybody got all 15 at S-rank so we can see if there's a new Expert stage?

Last edited:

monkeyman192

simply bored
have got 10 S ranks, and all the rest are A. Only Pokemon I haven't caught yet are froakie and fennekin, they have such low rates...

Secundum

Lord Of Order
Stuck on catching Froakie-to do the stage well...you need Froakie, but to get froakie you need to do the stage well....arg. At least Milotic was easy with Feebas...=(

Illusione-Tempus

Am I the only one here that catches Pokemon with under-30% catch rates? I'm actually going through the stages, already at Yamask and I haven't missed a single Pokemon yet.

Only a couple of S-ranks so far. I'll do it after I catch Milotic.

R_N

Am I the only one here that catches Pokemon with under-30% catch rates? I'm actually going through the stages, already at Yamask and I haven't missed a single Pokemon yet.

Only a couple of S-ranks so far. I'll do it after I catch Milotic.

I will often catch things with sub-30% catch rates only to miss out on 75%+ catch rates

Secundum

Lord Of Order
Nah, I caught 2 of the Experts at 2% catch rates, sometimes they just take a little more time to do. Most of the game IS decided purely by luck anyways.

@Tempus

Silversea

Anyone worked out what the minimum turns needed for S is on milotic? I've done it with 16 turns left and it is still A. Will start trying with +5 moves.

Nevermind it is 17.

Will have to keep trying at that meowth stage. Admittedly just now I did get a match of 4 for the first time so it is possible but then couldn't complete the level.

Last edited:

Secundum

Lord Of Order
I tend to use 2 level 1-4s which have base 60-70 power, one weaker fighting type, and one high levelled one like Mianshao. Means I can usually get 330 coins and still manage to kill Meowth within the time limit. 500 if it matches up well.

Edit: Even with Mega Start Mega Mawile and +5 Moves, I only just beat Onix...still no closer to getting that S-rank. A-rank is NOT helpful. Maybe try using Milotic and Blastoise for their abilities?

Last edited:

Creyk

I just beat Chespin and caught it, even though it only had a 14% catch rate. I feel so lucky :D
My hearts ran out so I didn't battle Onix yet, but based on what many of you wrote I'm kinda worried.

Psynergy

Strong Winds
Staff member
Super Mod
My hearts ran out so I didn't battle Onix yet, but based on what many of you wrote I'm kinda worried.

If it's any consolation, Onix is easily the worst of the stages bar Milotic. Once you get past that it's still tough but not nearly as obnoxious as Onix.

You get nothing extra for S-Ranking all fifteen stages. I can prove this now.

Well, maybe it helps people trying to unlock Mewtwo in the EX Stages if they haven't gotten enough S Ranks yet?

I wasn't expecting it to unlock any EX stage yet, since 165 seems like an odd benchmark for EX stages especially after the huge jump between unlocking Yveltal and Mewtwo. That and this area being incomplete + the evolutions of a lot things in the current stages. Either the next EX stage needs quite a few more S ranks that'll come with the next waves of stages or there are no more EX stages and they'll stick to events. I doubt it's the latter, but I guess we'll just have to wait and see.

R_N

You get nothing extra for S-Ranking all fifteen stages. I can prove this now.

Well, maybe it helps people trying to unlock Mewtwo in the EX Stages if they haven't gotten enough S Ranks yet?

By my count I'm 1 s rank away assuming the Mewtwo stage just looks at # of s ranks and not "Must S Rank the first 150"
i'd like to hope for it just being 150 but realistically it probably doesnt

e: I hate how everything is just varying degrees of HP sponge. Feebas I beat in one try but I was seeing how much I was doing to that HP bar and it's only marginally better than onix

Last edited:

Secundum

Lord Of Order
Milotic REALLY isn't as bad as people think it is. Just take Feebas, and you'll remove about 1/4 of it's HP before you even make a move.
Perhaps the next EX stage will be at 170 or somesuch?

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
Milotic REALLY isn't as bad as people think it is. Just take Feebas, and you'll remove about 1/4 of it's HP before you even make a move.

If luck is on your side, which many times it may not. I did it with Feebas and the only good thing it did was remove the column to the left and made me become siren food for Milotic for the rest of the time.

Disruption Delay and Mega Start with M-Ampharos did the trick for me...luckily.

Secundum

Lord Of Order
Ah. I tried disruption delay and mega start first-no luck. =(

R_N

Huh, well I'll be

EX20, Mewtwo, is just tied to the # of stages. I s-ranked pancham and just unlocked it.
Thank god I don't have to touch the 5 mega stages, at least until more EX stages are added

Secundum

Lord Of Order
That moment when you buy a disruption delay and moves +5 for Onix, and the combos rack up and you beat it in 4 moves. I hate wasting my hard-earned coins. =( But imo disruption delay is way better than mega stat. Makes me wonder why it's cheaper.

R_N

That moment when you buy a disruption delay and moves +5 for Onix, and the combos rack up and you beat it in 4 moves. I hate wasting my hard-earned coins. =( But imo disruption delay is way better than mega stat. Makes me wonder why it's cheaper.
it's always a bitter sweet moment when you give in and buy some items and then you get a god combo
sometimes several god combos
I beat pancham in 2 moves and got like 50 combo between the two, ridiculous. (Incidentally, this translated to a 44% catch rate get realy game)