• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokémon Shuffle General Discussion

Illusione-Tempus

As soon as the pokemon breaks out of the great ball press the home button and close pokemon shuffle and re-open it. The 2500 coins it subtracted won't have been subtracted, but it won't register you having beat the pokemon (which doesn't matter if you just want to catch it...)

Pretty sure he's asking about the home button trick to chain swaps. I would like to know the answer myse!f, actually.

My current score is 16891 with a rank of 1766/117904. Well my score is higher than that time with Lucario so... I think I'm safe for now.

CvxFous

Got 20670, currently ranked 347/70697 in EU.
Don't know if it will last until the end of the week.

I really hope Nintendo will redistribute lucarionite one day, i failed the last contest

ChicaSkas

Pretty sure he's asking about the home button trick to chain swaps. I would like to know the answer myse!f, actually.

My current score is 16891 with a rank of 1766/117904. Well my score is higher than that time with Lucario so... I think I'm safe for now.

Yes, she is :)

I guess they call it "home buffering" (see this thread here: http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/114531-pokemon-shuffle/71567506?page=4 )

I am pretty abysmal right now (39,980th place) :dead: So i would like to learn the secrets of the pausing trick :)

R_N

fell to almost 5000, tried a couple more times, once with disruption delay but couldnt get higher
Is it just me or is Squirtle just crazy common

Also starting to think it might be better to just not use mega ampharos, he's just so random and can mess up your chaining so easily.

SkyBlue

I ate ColtonL
ugh zapdos, why am i so stupid........
finally decided to try switching out a mega(since i've tried all) on zapdos for phanpy so I'd have all 4 slots ground types, even though I did terrible on my switches i beat it in 8 seconds. Still haven't caught, but I feel stupid for not trying it before. (compared to with a mega I beat it usually 0-3 seconds, or don't beat it at all. weirdly even though gengar megas the quickest, i keep losing when I use it)

gonna wait till the last day to spend my saved up 9k on a -1 complexity and hope that that (and if I can catch zapdos, and maybe sceptile) will get me within the 20 thousand needed for the blastoisnite.

EDIT: JUST CAUGHT ZAPDOS! 41% hoooray! :D idk if I'm sane enough to do sceptile D:

Last edited:

monkeyman192

simply bored

Secundum

Lord Of Order
Sceptile is one of the easiest EX stages-it's the only one I caught on my first try. For a LOT of EX stages, it's better to forgo the mega, especially when they're 30 seconds or less. Got to 15000+ without items, sitting at about 2000th place. Got enough coins for a disruption delay and a complexity-1, so going to blow them on the last day.

SkyBlue

I ate ColtonL
Sceptile is one of the easiest EX stages-it's the only one I caught on my first try. For a LOT of EX stages, it's better to forgo the mega, especially when they're 30 seconds or less. Got to 15000+ without items, sitting at about 2000th place. Got enough coins for a disruption delay and a complexity-1, so going to blow them on the last day.

what did you use for sceptile? :3 (also i'm never spending money on raikou again. +10 seconds let me finish it with 11 overall, and its catch rate was still 1% :/ )

Psynergy

Strong Winds
Staff member
Super Mod
what did you use for sceptile? :3 (also i'm never spending money on raikou again. +10 seconds let me finish it with 11 overall, and its catch rate was still 1% :/ )

I wouldn't say Sceptile's is that easy, but it's definitely not one of the tougher ones out there (Blaziken). If you got any of the Fire types from the EX stages definitely try those, though Mega Glalie is a must. If I remember correctly, a team of Glalie/Charizard/Moltres or Scyther/Scizor is what I used for Sceptile, or at least something along those lines. Also yeah, using +5 turns or +10 seconds doesn't help catch rate which is kinda lame, it only helps catch rate if you used a jewel to get 15 seconds back at the end.

SkyBlue

I ate ColtonL
I wouldn't say Sceptile's is that easy, but it's definitely not one of the tougher ones out there (Blaziken). If you got any of the Fire types from the EX stages definitely try those, though Mega Glalie is a must. If I remember correctly, a team of Glalie/Charizard/Moltres or Scyther/Scizor is what I used for Sceptile, or at least something along those lines. Also yeah, using +5 turns or +10 seconds doesn't help catch rate which is kinda lame, it only helps catch rate if you used a jewel to get 15 seconds back at the end.

started trying it, and, wow. its really not as hard as others. o.o
first try got it withing 7 seconds, 2nd 16, and still trying. hopefully i can catch it in my next 3 tries. if not then I'll keep on till I get it :D (only difference is i have ninetales instead of charizard)

EDIT: OMG YES! so kept getting consistent 16 seconds leftover which = 26% catch rate and failed. last heart before i call it a night and i do crappy at only have 8 seconds left=11% catch rate and i caught it! WOOOOOOOOOOOOT sceptile is mine ^w^. i still don't think I'll be able to get raikou, i can only get it to 1%. I'm still happy though, got zapdos and sceptile today. now to start exp grinding to prepare for blastoise :D

which btw, what would i train zapdos on? i think using it on ampharos might cause me to fail most of the time.

Last edited:

ChicaSkas

I was actually amazed. I used the Buy 10 Seconds option and spent a jewel (right when Raikou was about 5% health) and my catch rate soared to 81%. Bagged him.
He was so totally worth the 99 cents it will cost me to buy another jewel.

R_N

I was actually amazed. I used the Buy 10 Seconds option and spent a jewel (right when Raikou was about 5% health) and my catch rate soared to 81%. Bagged him.
He was so totally worth the 99 cents it will cost me to buy another jewel.

yeah spending a jewel on the beasts (who are all 15 seconds) is basically a guaranteed catch, though probably not worth it in the long run

speaking of which i was weak and used a jewel on Mewtwo in a moment of anger. Still didnt catch the jerk, (incidentally, finished with 10 seconds, equal to a 10% catch rate) even with a great ball. What a waste.

Secundum

Lord Of Order

No idea. Whatever I had best at the time...Uh...Articuno, Moltres, Charizard, something else iirc.

NeohopeSTF

Sol Badguy
What unlocks more EX stages? I can't tell if its getting S ranks or catching more Pokemon.

Skeith

(◕‿‿◕)
Not sure if this is the right thread for this but it feels relevant to the topic at hand. I have discovered a glitch (crash) in Pokemon Rumble: World. I was running through Ember Balloon Path, Charmelon setting and had gotten to about Floor 2 when suddenly during a battle the music just cut out and when I tired to head to the next floor the game crashed. Not sure what could have caused it as there weren't that many enemies loaded nor does my device have a lack of memory/space. Just glad I didn't pay anything for the run as I lost my freebie as a result.

Secundum

Lord Of Order
Wrong topic I'm afraid.

Secundum

Lord Of Order
Got to 327 without items, out of almost 90,000. Higher than I got with Lucario. =) Looking forward to my chances when I use items for my final run.

SkyBlue

I ate ColtonL
Got to 327 without items, out of almost 90,000. Higher than I got with Lucario. =) Looking forward to my chances when I use items for my final run.

are all your pokes max level ? :O
also are you using ampharos, because the hardest decision for me is whether or not to use it.

Secundum

Lord Of Order
No-they're all level 6. And ofc I'm using Ampharos. Ampharos, Zapdos, Raikou, Sceptile is petty much the ONLY team to use for this.