• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokémon Shuffle General Discussion

NeohopeSTF

Sol Badguy
I still need to catch Raikou before I have the "perfect" team that everybody seems to be using(Ampharos, Zapdos, Raikou, Sceptile )

SkyBlue

I ate ColtonL
No-they're all level 6. And ofc I'm using Ampharos. Ampharos, Zapdos, Raikou, Sceptile is petty much the ONLY team to use for this.

ah. time to level grind then. going to have to substitute raikou though. got venusaur earlier so guess I'll use that. So many people are doing the competition now x.x

ChicaSkas

ah. time to level grind then. going to have to substitute raikou though. got venusaur earlier so guess I'll use that. So many people are doing the competition now x.x

Just curious, by level grinding, you mean every 150 minutes, training on 5 stages to raise EXP, right?
Any stages you could recommend? I remember someone said Ampharos for the number of turns it gave, but I found other levels to be easier...

Illusione-Tempus

I've been grinding the heck out of the Meowth stage just to get enough coins to get Complexity -1 and Disruption Delay the past few days, and now my score is 28949 with a rank of 63/170164. I don't think I'm gonna play this stage anymore and just continue to grind for coins.

Secundum

Lord Of Order
Just curious, by level grinding, you mean every 150 minutes, training on 5 stages to raise EXP, right?
Any stages you could recommend? I remember someone said Ampharos for the number of turns it gave, but I found other levels to be easier...

Ampharos. Other stages may be easier, but it gives by far the most exp. No other stage even comes close, so there isn't really a good alternative.

Mega Typhlosion

I'm currently around 6500 in Europe, with a score slightly above 14100. I'm pretty sure this won't be enough by the end of the competition to win the stone so I'll try to level up a little more until Sunday to give it all by then.

Secundum

Lord Of Order
Dropped down to 500 or so. Wondering whether or not to blow some coins I've grinded up on a Complexity -1.

Tsukuyomi56

Sky High Knight
Was sitting around the 6000 ish range in the rankings, but was able to bump it up to the 2000 range by using a Complexity -1. Had to use one of my Jewels to get 3000 coins, but it does them no good to just sit around gathering dust not getting used.

R_N

Is it just me or is the weekend Meowth stage reworked to have waaaayyy more coins

monkeyman192

simply bored
Is it just me or is the weekend Meowth stage reworked to have waaaayyy more coins

the last couple of weeks have been like that. I got over 2000 last weekend, but this weekend I got super bad luck and only got 800. I think the mechanic changed. For every few combos you do meowth will spawn coins. So sometime you can get a bunch of coins without doing anything as the spawned coins will link, and that will start a combo, which then leads to more coins spawning

Secundum

Lord Of Order
No, you should only be using Mega Ampharos for this.

Dropped down to 600 out of 100,000 people using no items. Think I'll be OK, but I've grinded up to 30,000 coins, so I have enough for three attempts using items.

Mega Typhlosion

Thanks to Meowth I managed to farm enough coins to get the Complexity -1, so I upped my score to over 20000. I'm now ranked 1126th in Europe, and I doubt I'll drop out of the 10000 so I'm pretty happy. I know I should be doing better but I'm not that good yet, so I need to use the weapons at my disposal :p

Time to go back to the main stages. It's just me or the new stages are actually quite hard? Besides Smeargle and Fennekin, all the others are giving me lots of trouble. Even more than the EX ones...

Last edited:

Secundum

Lord Of Order
No, it's not just you, don't worry. =)

R_N

fell to 9586 and have been going at it without items and man is mega ampharos just The Worst. The number of times its ruined my chain, I swear

I decided to do a run where i just dont have a mega and I got a score at worst comparable and at best better than several consecutive runs with mega amph. I think I may just keep trying without the mega evolution, the amount of chances for the mega lightning to work against you juist seems too high

Psynergy

Strong Winds
Staff member
Super Mod
I've fallen to 5402 right now, feels like I've fallen more in the last few days than earlier this week but maybe that's just me. Pretty sure that should still hold me over 20000 in the remaining 28-ish hours of the competition but the scores are definitely higher. I really hope I don't have to resort to using items but if last competition is any indicator I should be fine with the score I got.

Xuxuba

One single day was all it took for me to go from 8000 to 10261. Not sure if im going to get megastone. However im sure i will not be able to get anything better than my current record bc i do not have coins anymore.

R_N

21 hours to go and Im at 10452

the weekend meowths must have lead to a big influx of items. Im sitting on a little over 10k so if this keeps falling I'll grab both to hopefully work my way back up

e: And 4 jewels still left over for emergency funds but I don't know if I'd want to waste it on this competition

Creyk

I'll jump in and do my magic in the last 5 hours of the competition, that mega stone is on lock :)
I have a question, when you exit the game and you don't want to use the DS anymore, what do you do? Do you go to the home menu, exit the game and then turn off the DS, or do you just turn off the DS straight from the game? Does it even better? I am wondering if one approach is better for the system than the other.