• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokémon Shuffle General Discussion

Tsukuyomi56

Sky High Knight
Only about 3 minutes to go for the Mega Blastoise competition and with a score in the 18k range, I am very confident the Blastoisenite will be mine. I find it a bit ironic that Raikou, a Pokemon that I thought would be hard to catch, ended up being my easiest Expert Stage Pokemon as I blitzed through with Mega Slowbro, Marowak, Donphan and Stunfisk with 8 seconds remaining and caught it on my first try.

Venusaur still was a good help and I now have a good Electric-type for any potential Water and Flying types that may come in the future.

Edit: Very sure it is mine with a ranking in the 6000 range and did not get bumped down too far.

Last edited:

Psynergy

Strong Winds
Staff member
Super Mod
Coasted with my old score of 17548 from early in the week without a problem, glad I decided against using items. I'd say hopefully the next few stages don't have an awful stage like Onix/Milotic but if anything I'm expecting something worse. If we could at least get a new Mega that would be cool, though.

R_N

New main stages added and a groudon stage added

also i got 11900. Blastoise uses Altaria's mega effect

Coasted with my old score of 17548 from early in the week without a problem, glad I decided against using items. I'd say hopefully the next few stages don't have an awful stage like Onix/Milotic but if anything I'm expecting something worse. If we could at least get a new Mega that would be cool, though.

There will definitely be stages like onix & milotic, they're designed as near-literal walls to get you to buy things or grind trying

e: Oh my god Solosis has so much HP what on earth

Last edited:

Illusione-Tempus

My rank is #106, so close to the top 100, boo. :(

Also, more main stages, about time they added the rest.

EDIT: Groudon gives 3000 coins upon defeat.

Also, holy moly that Groudon stage opening.

Last edited:

Tsukuyomi56

Sky High Knight
Just got the Blastoisnite with a ranking in the 6000 range. We also got a slew of new stages including a Groudon one. Opening is a bit nightmarish though I get the feeling there is a certain solution to get through it however.

Edit: Beat Groudon by swapping out Kyorge for Blastoise and caught it with a 18% chance. Today must be my lucky day.

Last edited:

R_N

Just got the Blastoisnite with a ranking in the 6000 range. We also got a slew of new stages including a Groudon one. Opening is a bit nightmarish though I get the feeling there is a certain solution to get through it however.

i made a match on the right side once and this was enough to cause 3 groudons surrounded by boxes to fall for like...6 chains straight

Psynergy

Strong Winds
Staff member
Super Mod
Eh, Mega Blastoise isn't something I imagine I'll want to use much, but I'll probably level it up a bit later when I'm done with these new stages, in preparation for something like Mega Blaziken or Mega Charizard competitions.

I also found Groudon's stage to be about on par with Kyogre's stage (aka very easy), didn't catch it so I just went for the Great Ball because why not. I haven't run into an awful stage yet though Honedge and Drilbur were kind of sneaky, and Bergmite had a scary setup but that went over with a nice S rank and a catch. Solosis also had an obnoxiously high amount of HP though. Surprised they just added a load of new Pokemon to the list putting us up to 226 (with Tyranitar and Banette as new possible Megas) but I'm past Mightyena now so we're at least getting to some of the missing things in the previous update to the list. 4 for 8 on my S ranks but I've caught all 8 of the Pokemon I've done so far, using a Great Ball for the few that decided to be rude with the regular catch.

Last edited:

R_N

sounds like there is a mega added, aerodactyl

thank god, it's probably the best one they could do. Wonder if it will be worse than Glalie, Mewtwo, etc

Nukada

Kyogre Trainer
Hey, I really like Mega Mewtwo. Run him with two other psychic types and one other, you get some really nice combos.

R_N

Genesect bug 1 minute 30
Unlocked after S Ranking all 180 normal stages

hahahahahaha no

nope

not happening

Codface

Ranked 43 was no loss of sleep this time :)

New stages seem fair. Not sure about the releasing only 15 per 3-4 week cycle. Seems long winded but still means I can keep on top of the s-ranks and get some grinding for coins done between releases.

On othe r thoughts Genesect looks like a beast crowd control on a 80 base damage and Mega Aero should make any charizard mega compo less annoying for those who missed out on mega blast.

bobandbill

Winning Smile
Staff member
Super Mod
I got in the top 10,000 too (Australia gets lumped into Europe). I used a complexity gem and that got me into the top 7,000, not sure I'd manage easily without it.

Stuck on Haxorus in the main one rn (should I just by 5+ moves or something? @_@), and got Groudon after a touch of levelling up at 10% chance rate on my first stage clear. Uh, okay.

Creyk

I got in the top 10,000 too (Australia gets lumped into Europe). I used a complexity gem and that got me into the top 7,000, not sure I'd manage easily without it.

Stuck on Haxorus in the main one rn (should I just by 5+ moves or something? @_@), and got Groudon after a touch of levelling up at 10% chance rate on my first stage clear. Uh, okay.

Haxorus is a logical trick
Just look it up on youtube, there are videos showing how to do it

Other than that, I got the Blastoise mega stone too! So cool, I like it, specially now that we got Groudon a water type mega comes in handy.
I caught Groudon on my first try which was nice, now onto the next main stages...they better be easy and fun

Last edited:

Secundum

Lord Of Order
i made a match on the right side once and this was enough to cause 3 groudons surrounded by boxes to fall for like...6 chains straight
This. Make the correct match and it clears most of the board. Caught it 2nd try, broke out of the ball first time round.
Coasted on my score of 22k I got earlier in the week for Mega Blastoise to get the Mega Stone. So glad I decided not to use items. =)
Currently waiting on hearts to tackle Genesect.

Tsukuyomi56

Sky High Knight
With regards to the Groudon stage, you will want to remove Pokemon with the Rock Break skill from your team, it auctually works against you to trigger the auto Groudon chain due to the random nature of removing the rock squares. Shuppet was a bit annoying but I got through the level (did not catch it however), Lickitung's stage was a bit interesting when one move triggers a big combo that takes off a good chunk of its health.

Creyk

They are being really generous with the catch rates on the new main stages, I caught every single pokemon on first try so far.
Not like these pokemon are very useful, although Shuppet is a nice add with it's Mind Zap ability

Psynergy

Strong Winds
Staff member
Super Mod
I've S ranked 9 of the stages, caught everything so no need to worry about that. Just need to S rank Honedge, Drilbur, Larvitar, Mightyena, Timburr and then beat and S rank Mega Aerodactyl. These stages are actually way nicer than the previous set, some of them were a little weird but none of them were garbage like Onix or Milotic. That said I'm waiting for Mega Aerodactyl to throw what I said out the window.

EDIT: Nevermind, I got some garbage luck but Aerodactyl was actually way easier than most of the Megas in the past.

Last edited: