• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokémon Shuffle General Discussion

Three 3DSs in my house. One of them is my old 3DS. I can closely monitor my extra heart gain whenever my little brother's gives me 5 streetpasses in a row, only to reset the cycle and get four more hearts.

What is the time between the steetpasses?

General_Ridley

Palace Maven Spenser
Should be able to finish Darkrai level 150 tomorrow (at 137 right now). After that, some coin grinding and then a good hard look at the latest EX stages. I think I'll go for Cobalion, then Virizion, then Terrakion.

monkeyman192

simply bored
What teams and items did people use for vivillion? I have looked at a few guides (the google docs one as well as the reddit post) and most just say M-Blaize + pyre team should beat it. But I have gone in with mega start and disruption delay and not even been able to beat it, let alone S-rank it.
Am I just getting rotten luck (have only had a few goes because I don't want to keep burning coins on it for nothing) or is there some other trick?

Tsukuyomi56

Emblian Royalty
For Vivilion, I used Mega Blaziken, Entei, Heatran and Moltres with a DD and +5 Moves to S-Rank and capture it. You don't want to be too hasty in matching up Mega Blaziken until you have a lot of them on the board though training up your Pokemon can help to minimise the impact of luck (Blaziken and Heatran were maxed out and Entei and Moltres were at level 9 when I faced it).

Also, looks like Christmas has come early for Shuffle, I already got the all the free items with Mobile players getting access to Lucarionite.

Last edited:

MBisonFuté

Pokémon Speedrunner
Delphox is a must have for teams using Fire types only including M-Blaziken. Moltres is more useful than Entei because of Power of 4 being more easy to activate. Idk about Combusken since it's only 60 base power but it's probably good aswell

komedy27u

O.O all those passwords... also, free lucarionite is free xD (now I hope they are this generous when the english app comes out).

Pikawho?

(five15)
Finally knocked out Darkrai level 150 yesterday. It took longer than I expected, given I was using max pokes. Not sure if it was bad boards or if I just suck but it was not fun. Got my speed-up and now I'm out. xD

Currently focusing on raising pokes for the M-Ven competition. I gave it a couple dry runs, to familiarize myself with the layout, and am now maxing out Braviary and Salamence for a full item run near the end of the competition. Currently sitting at a 6K ranking with a 16K score.

And horray for the free stuff. I needed a boost in my coin balance after trudging through Darkrai...

Psynergy

Strong Winds
Staff member
Super Mod
If all these passwords are related to the mobile app's release I won't complain. 2500 free coins, EXP x1.5, Time +10, Moves +5 and a Mega Speedup? I am very okay with that.

Secundum

Lord Of Order
Lots of free stuff? Even if the coins are paltry, the Speedup is nice. =)

Aesnath

But Nothing Happened
What teams and items did people use for vivillion? I have looked at a few guides (the google docs one as well as the reddit post) and most just say M-Blaize + pyre team should beat it. But I have gone in with mega start and disruption delay and not even been able to beat it, let alone S-rank it.
Am I just getting rotten luck (have only had a few goes because I don't want to keep burning coins on it for nothing) or is there some other trick?

I'm pretty stuck on it too--I came close with M-Blaze once, but it was entirely based on a few lucky moments where he ate the board. I've tried several times since then with no luck.

Of note: I don't have delphox yet, so there that may be part of my problem.

HylianGlaceon

Hyrulean Resident
I'm pretty stuck on it too--I came close with M-Blaze once, but it was entirely based on a few lucky moments where he ate the board. I've tried several times since then with no luck.

Of note: I don't have delphox yet, so there that may be part of my problem.

Perhaps try Mega Gengar out? I've heard a few people say you can substitute it for Blaziken if you don't have it there or Blaziken decides to suck because of bad RNG. I haven't gotten to that stage myself to try it however. I'll probably be going with Gengar myself once I get there in a few weeks at the rate I'm going.

cassius335

Aura Trainer
Used my free Mega Speed-Up on M-Gengar. I had 6, so it was time (5 now). Darkrai Level 75 is a pain. I didn't want to use Atk + on it (was saving it in case I needed another MVenu run), but it looks like I'm gonna have to (once I save up for MStart & DD again. There went those free coins)

komedy27u

What is the talk about a free Lucarionite? Is that only on mobile?

Yes, only for the new Japanese app.

At some point someone said lvl 180 was like a oasis in the desert, and it is ;_; currently @183 and tempted to used items, but the HP is still doable... barely...

Navarch

Yes, only for the new Japanese app.

At some point someone said lvl 180 was like a oasis in the desert, and it is ;_; currently @183 and tempted to used items, but the HP is still doable... barely...

I wish they'd just release the Lucarionite already in code-form. It'd be nice for players that didn't have the game as early as everyone else. At least we're getting a redo for Venasaur, that should be helpful.

zero2exe

I wish they'd just release the Lucarionite already in code-form. It'd be nice for players that didn't have the game as early as everyone else. At least we're getting a redo for Venasaur, that should be helpful.

The Mega Luke competition has been hosted like 3 times already so new players will most likely still get a chance at him sooner or later on.

TehUldan

After redeeming the passcode, I've gotten 11 mega speedups total. I've used the max of 1 on Gengar (he's a beast), I've used the max of 8 on Banette (This has been very good for Sunday Meowth which helps buy mega starts). I have also used one on Mewtwo (just a good mega). Not sure where to put the one from today; possibles would be Mewtwo, Blastoise, Blaziken, and Lucario. Anywhere I'd use Garchomp or Aerodactyl I would just use a Megastart anyway. I'm leaning toward Blazikens because the fire team with Delphox/Heatran/Combusken(or Moltres depending on disruption density)

I'm still in the top 125 of Venasaur too, so I'm in good shape for another one next week but we'll see.

Where is everyone else using them? What are your rationales for using them (or not using them)?