• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokémon Shuffle General Discussion

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
Continued my playthrough of Pokémon Shuffle Mobile. Somehow, I worked out that you need an Internet connection in order to play Pokémon Shuffle Mobile, unlike the 3DS version, which you can play regardless if it is connected to the Internet or not. I kept on S ranking until Torchic, which I failed the first time, but S ranked it and caught it at 23% capture rate second time. Currently up to Phanpy.

Codface

Beat MVena got speed up and jewel.

Downloaded mobile version for train to work and bathroom breaks. Seems subpar vs 3ds version. It will likely do well in Japan but with no front page coverage in west istore etc and the 30min cooldowns and upped coin prices etc I can't see it being a huge success here.

cassius335

Aura Trainer
Anyone else find it ironic that current events pair a stage where all items are free (Carnivine) with a Safari which you don't dare use items on because you're never sure what you'll find?

Aesnath

But Nothing Happened
So...what's in the safari and what are the encounter rates? I was playing during the first run, but not a lot, so I only caught a few of them.

As for M-Venusaur, I decided to let my mediocre score stand, which netted me the mega stone, but nothing else. Honestly, I'm OK with it.

I tried Lugia several times this morning and, damn, it was pretty tough itemless--I couldn't get much more than half. I'm a bit sad that I'll need to chew through coins again to catch the critter, as I'm just now nearing 10k coins again following the "Darkrai trials."

1st: LUGIA!!!!!!

2nd: Safari repeat? People called it and screamed for it xD Maybe we'll get MSharp :D

3rd: Carvine? Someone here said they wanted a woobofet (misspelled) for time and without that awful catchrate, there you go :D

4th: Emboar is in the code, starts on Friday ^^

5th: Got my candy, sorry for those who didn't get the stone u.u

Did managed to finish Lugia with 3 secs itemless
, didn't catch but will try. Do make the safari again, even if just once, the extra 200 coins per new poke are easy to get ^^ and yes, Carvine is a joke, a good one, better than that darn wooboo...

A light week, very apreciated

What team did you use?

Dragalge

"Orange" Magical Girl
Beating Lugia itemless is possible?

Well with the Safari, I finally got the chance to catch Carvanha since I didn't have Mega Lucario back then. It took me three Great Balls but I caught the fish at last. I find it funny how the two free-item stage Pokemon we had so far are/were owned by Team Rocket in the anime. I'm not saying it's a pattern but a funny coincidence I noticed.

Pikawho?

(five15)
Safari Pokes: Spinda (30%), Cherubi (30%), Cherrim (6.7%), Carvanha (30%), Sharpedo (3.3%)

I'm glad that they brought it back since I only caught 2/5 last time. With the current run, I've only seen Spinda after 4 hearts. This is why I ignored it the first time around. lol

komedy27u

Does anyone know though if the amount of coins you get changes depending on what items you use? 2nd time (it wouldn't be caught first time) I got 0 coins, so I was wondering if you used less items would you get more coins?

It doesn't, tried itemless to compare and got 0 coins; it's still a joke, it adds bunneary and disrupts a lot but the HP is still low.

Continued my playthrough of Pokémon Shuffle Mobile. Somehow, I worked out that you need an Internet connection in order to play Pokémon Shuffle Mobile, unlike the 3DS version, which you can play regardless if it is connected to the Internet or not. I kept on S ranking until Torchic, which I failed the first time, but S ranked it and caught it at 23% capture rate second time. Currently up to Phanpy.

Why in the wut is internet mandatory? The more I hear of mobile the less I like it, but I'll wait to see it in the playstore to say anything definitive...

Anyone else find it ironic that current events pair a stage where all items are free (Carnivine) with a Safari which you don't dare use items on because you're never sure what you'll find?

Yeah xD and at the same time of a stage that almost obligate you to use items xD

Question : in what countries the mobile version of this game is downloadable ?

Jap, US & UK, iOS only for US/UK but will come to Android "soon". I believe there's a way to change your contry in the store, but I don't know how.

What team did you use?

MManetric (9), Tyranitar (Max), Articuno (7) and Avalugg (6) ^^

Beating Lugia itemless is possible?

Yes, but is hard, I managed to activate Avalugg in just the right position to evolve MManetric fast and combo a lot, have been trying to repeat it since then but 15% hp is the most so far Dx

I love timed stages, they add "skill" to the levels rather than just "luck" and "strategy" ^^

Aesnath

But Nothing Happened
Safari Pokes: Spinda (30%), Cherubi (30%), Cherrim (6.7%), Carvanha (30%), Sharpedo (3.3%)

I'm glad that they brought it back since I only caught 2/5 last time. With the current run, I've only seen Spinda after 4 hearts. This is why I ignored it the first time around. lol

Thanks! I think I caught Spinda and Cherubi, then didn't see anything else for three hearts the first time--decided there wasn't much else to see.

MManetric (9), Tyranitar (Max), Articuno (7) and Avalugg (6) ^^

Yes, but is hard, I managed to activate Avalugg in just the right position to evolve MManetric fast and combo a lot, have been trying to repeat it since then but 15% hp is the most so far Dx

I love timed stages, they add "skill" to the levels rather than just "luck" and "strategy" ^^

Thanks. Seems pretty tough to do.

Silversea

This is the first competition where I tried and used items but didn't place anywhere. I think the free items codes might have had something to do with it. Placed 18,910th! Usually in the top 1,000th at least.

Interesting to see lugia. I wonder when they'll tie up the "series" like regi trio+gigas and dialga/palkia etc.

And damn how do you S rank vivillon with just +5? In fact, how do you even beat vivillon at all with just +5? I guess I'll get blaziken to MAX since he is still lv. 9 but I doubt that will help much.

Last edited:

ellie

Δ
Staff member
Admin
Of course I find sharpedo which I don't need (only saw once last time but managed to catch it) and still haven't found cherrim who is the only one I need. At least I have some time for these. I spent most of my hearts/coins the last couple weeks on darkrai (made it to 150) so I need to build back up and catch up on the main stages. I really want to finally get genesect since I feel like I've missed out by not having him, but I need to s rank some more first so that's probably what I'll be doing this week.

Aesnath

But Nothing Happened
This is the first competition where I tried and used items but didn't place anywhere. I think the free items codes might have had something to do with it. Placed 18,910th! Usually in the top 1,000th at least.

Interesting to see lugia. I wonder when they'll tie up the "series" like regi trio+gigas and dialga/palkia etc.

And damn how do you S rank vivillon with just +5? In fact, how do you even beat vivillon at all with just +5? I guess I'll get blaziken to MAX since he is still lv. 9 but I doubt that will help much.

I'm still really suspicious of this whole "shuffle move" thing--on competitions with moves it could be really cheaty. Also, I felt like the whole competition was a bit odd. It seemed like there was a lot of competition at higher ranks, but that a somewhat middling score would place for the stone, at least in the US.

Also, Blaziken + Pyre will beat Vivillion itemless with enough tries. None of my fire team are max either, nor do I have access to Delphox. All I'm saying is wait for the RNG-god to smile upon you and you can beat the bug. Frustrating, sure, but it does work sporadically.

ellie

Δ
Staff member
Admin
Welp I spoke too soon I got my cherrim now. I had to use a great ball but I got a super catch power so yay. Now I can ignore the safari and focus on the other events and increasing my s ranks/coin stock

Codface

I'm still really suspicious of this whole "shuffle move" thing--on competitions with moves it could be really cheaty. Also, I felt like the whole competition was a bit odd. It seemed like there was a lot of competition at higher ranks, but that a somewhat middling score would place for the stone, at least in the US.

Europe was insane with a 45000+ score for the speed up. I used a full max team and got 38,000 (for reference in last time staged I ranked 112th). I did a second run with shuffle move and scored 69,000 and ranked about 70th. I intend to use shuffle move for future compertitions (if their stupid enough to do this skill-less rubbish again) as I don't want my max hard work team to lose out. I respect anyone who doesnt 'cheat' but I''m fairly certain this app moves the par up a good 10,000points to a point where legit max teams are losing out.

Secundum

Lord Of Order
I felt like the whole competition was a bit odd. It seemed like there was a lot of competition at higher ranks, but that a somewhat middling score would place for the stone, at least in the US.

No, that's pretty standard for all competitions-there is a large score gap between those who are 'good' (get the stone) and those who are 'very good' (speedup), and those who are in the top 50 or so (Arceus teams).

Also, got Carnivine and Lugia-back to grinding Meowth.

Edit: Do you think that the new stages are all times so as to stop shuffle move? I'm half-expecting everything to be timed from no on to stop the cheating scum.

Last edited:

Mega Typhlosion

Lugia is a pain! Too bad, because I really need to get Cherrim and Sharpedo on the Safari and now I'm unsure where I'm going to spend my hearts :/

I was also surprised by the scores in M-Venusaur... I went with all items and only managed about 35k :(

HylianGlaceon

Hyrulean Resident
No, that's pretty standard for all competitions-there is a large score gap between those who are 'good' (get the stone) and those who are 'very good' (speedup), and those who are in the top 50 or so (Arceus teams).

Also, got Carnivine and Lugia-back to grinding Meowth.

Edit: Do you think that the new stages are all times so as to stop shuffle move? I'm half-expecting everything to be timed from no on to stop the cheating scum.

Considering there are people in Japan getting ridiculous scores every timed competition through some Pause Buffering and/or Dual Stylus technique I'd say no. It's more or less because we're all more used to non-timed stages so adding in more timed stages means they'll be harder and more likely to require items.

Also, Shuffle Move isn't the big cheating machine people make it out to be. Just look at your board for more than 1-2 seconds per move and you'll do better than going for the first match that looks okay. I've experimented with it before, it's not really that amazing. Good for Weekend Meowth at best and that's it.

People getting the higher scores in the Venusaurite competition were from getting lucky skyfall combos from Mega Heracross, not anything Shuffle Move had to do with it.

komedy27u

What is Shuffle Move?

It's a program that selects the move with the best score possible in the board, without considering skyfall or luck/future combos.

Also, Shuffle Move isn't the big cheating machine people make it out to be. Just look at your board for more than 1-2 seconds per move and you'll do better than going for the first match that looks okay. I've experimented with it before, it's not really that amazing. Good for Weekend Meowth at best and that's it.

People getting the higher scores in the Venusaurite competition were from getting lucky skyfall combos from Mega Heracross, not anything Shuffle Move had to do with it.

Those are the 2 problems with turn based competitions. The reason I don't like Shuffle Moves is that it bypasses the intelligence/patience of the person, leaving almost pure luck, and the game itself is already mostly luck. I like to think that most timed competitions have more skill in it, so it feels like a competition, and not like a lottery u.u

Secundum

Lord Of Order
Considering there are people in Japan getting ridiculous scores every timed competition through some Pause Buffering and/or Dual Stylus technique I'd say no. It's more or less because we're all more used to non-timed stages so adding in more timed stages means they'll be harder and more likely to require items.

Pause buffering was removed several patches ago though...