• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokémon Shuffle General Discussion

Pikawho?

(five15)
Day 4 and still no Sharpedo. I've hit 7 Cherrim so statistically I should've hit him by now...Just gotta keep going I suppose...

Got the mobile version a couple days ago. Definitely kinda upset that they nerfed a lot of things, but then again I'm not surprised. I only got it to kill time between 3DS hearts so I''m not concerned about my success. It plays well, though.

As for the mini-topic, I have spent money on it. The week of the last safari I had no time to play it so I bought 12 jewels for 80 hearts so that I could get Phione. They were running the 6 jewel bonus at the time so I banked on that. I usually am extremely stingy about freemium games, but I love Nintendo and don't mind throwing a few bucks their way. I've spent more time on this game than games I bought off the e-Shop so it only seemed fair.

HylianGlaceon

Hyrulean Resident
The only other good thing I can think of the mobile version is that the jewels one spends can give you more hearts/coins than the 3DS version. Other than that, I personally find the mobile version of Pokemon Shuffle inferior to the 3DS version by a longshot.

True, but it's also negated somewhat by them giving out far less Jewels than the 3DS version for free. I believe only one of the Mega Stages gives you one, while the one from Eevee you're forced to spend on 6 Hearts in Mobile I think? (My sister played through that part, so not entirely positive of how it goes).

Oh and there's Mew I suppose that gives 1 Jewel, but that's it. Someone else who has gotten around the 130s said they only got 2 free Jewels total, so even the later Megas don't give any I guess.

Kacho

You are next.
i have been observing the animation when combos or matched pokemon attack

just what am i looking at for normal type and bug type
i got green triangle for the bug

Silversea

I don't think the catch percents are inaccurate. I made my own game a while ago with a percentage, and it kept "failing" multiple times in a row even at 60% or higher. After a few 90% misses I started running debug to check the coding, and it was working perfectly fine. It is just luck as you might expect...

Nonetheless, that isn't to rule out faulty coding, it has to be coded correctly to begin with. I'm assuming the 3DS and mobile are, but who knows.

Kacho

You are next.
Emboar is out. I'm out of heart so I'll report back tomorrow. (well i have 16 mins till heart at time of posting)

Also I maxed Genesect and Darkrai this week. yay~

monkeyman192

simply bored
Emboar is 70 base power with barrier bash.
The level is pretty easy. I had 10 moves left first try (out of 22) and caught it with a pokeball at 31% (catch rate is 1+3/turn)

Psynergy

Strong Winds
Staff member
Super Mod
I'll admit, I was prepared for worse. Emboar is a very easy stage itemless, nothing that Garchomp + Eject Tyranitar couldn't handle on their own. Base 70 with Barrier Bash, honestly that's pretty good for the Blaziken team given barriers are kind of a nuisance for it.

Last edited:

Kacho

You are next.
I had 14 moves left with Not max MGar, max tyran, aurorus, and regirock.
p sure I can catch it again tomorrow.

but goodnight y'all.

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
Just tried Mobile and caught Mew. And so, it costs two hearts in Mobile rather than one in the 3DS version to actually encounter Kyogre, which was pretty annoying, so, I didn't attempt to catch it. Then got up to Riolu, stumbled up for a bit and eventually caught it. Now up to the pre-evolution of the fluffiest Dragon Pokémon, Swablu.

Rio!

Composer
Took three hearts, but I finally got Emboar with a regular pokeball. It's nice we get another Barrier Bash of a different type. Back to grinding Genesect for a bit. :B

Cerony

grass monkey
I'll admit, I was prepared for worse. Emboar is a very easy stage itemless, nothing that Garchomp + Eject Tyranitar couldn't handle on their own. Base 70 with Barrier Bash, honestly that's pretty good for the Blaziken team given barriers are kind of a nuisance for it.

Damn, if I had only waited a few days I probably wouldn't have had spent so much coin on Vivillon.

Codface

4 hearts here. Couldnt be bothered swopping to meowth team for last heart of morning so did a 5th go with Gengar insted of Garchomp mega. Gengar and co cleared the lvl with 13 turns.

Back to meowth now. That balance needs upping ready for sharepdo

Tsukuyomi56

Sky High Knight
Emboar is not too hard to beat though I ended up using a Great Ball to catch it, Barrier Bash will make it invaluable against types weak against Fire that uses barrier type disruptions. It is back to Meowth farming for me to await the Mega Sharpedo event on Monday.

Rio!

Composer
Damn, if I had only waited a few days I probably wouldn't have had spent so much coin on Vivillon.

The stage itself isn't that bad actually, if you have Pignite it'll be even less of an issue. Used M-Chomp, Tyranitar, Aurous, and Pignite. Eventually, luck will be in your favor so you won't have to worry about using a great ball or items much. Very much worth catching IMO, especially since it has a nice ability and good BP.

Last edited:

Codface

Have to agree barrier bash won't cut it for getting on a Blaziken fire team. Burn and Fire boost are two spots already and heatran has higher power. If you bring emboar fof its ability you'd be dropping too much damage a turn. On a vs grass/ice/bug team etc there is to much compertition wlready with tyran/Aurorus/genesect etc. can't see Emboer finding a niche tbh.

Lugia this weaks other new mon on thr other hand will see a huge amount of usage.

cassius335

Aura Trainer
Took me four hearts to catch Emboar, but that was only because it wouldn't get in the Poke Ball (declined to use a Great Ball, that's for Lugia). Guess I'll go back to the Sharpedo hunt (then Lugia, then Xerneas if I have any time left).

Cerony

grass monkey
The stage itself isn't that bad actually, if you have Pignite it'll be even less of an issue. Used M-Chomp, Tyranitar, Aurous, and Pignite. Eventually, luck will be in your favor so you won't have to worry about using a great ball or items much. Very much worth catching IMO, especially since it has a nice ability and good BP.

Yeah I know it was an incredibly easy capture with no coin spent. I was mostly lamenting having wasted so much to S-Rank Vivillon when I could have waited a few days for something that could have possibly helped out a lot.

Psynergy

Strong Winds
Staff member
Super Mod
Have to agree barrier bash won't cut it for getting on a Blaziken fire team. Burn and Fire boost are two spots already and heatran has higher power. If you bring emboar fof its ability you'd be dropping too much damage a turn. On a vs grass/ice/bug team etc there is to much compertition wlready with tyran/Aurorus/genesect etc. can't see Emboer finding a niche tbh.

Lugia this weaks other new mon on thr other hand will see a huge amount of usage.

I'm not a fan of Burn honestly, Ninetales/Delphox/Heatran has been my preferred team. Burn's activation rates aren't consistent enough (5%/30%/80%) unless you always get a match of 5, whereas Barrier Bash is guaranteed to work (Barrier Bash+ would've been nice though). Given Blaziken is already doing a ton of damage anyway with Pyre and the fact that Burn is terrible in Timed Stages, I think Emboar definitely has a place. Beyond the all Fire team though, the fact that Emboar is a Barrier Bash Pokemon that's good against Ice types is still handy, given Ice types have a tendency to spam barriers.