• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokémon Shuffle General Discussion

Not quite a Mega Aero clone. A Mega Aero clone for unbreakable blocks only. So less good than Mega Aero.

Yeah I kinda realised that in the other shuffle thread on here hahaha. Though seriously, it is as if they WANT us to keep using Mega Mawile as our fairy-slayer of choice since not even +20 BAP makes up for that effect. Here is hoping Mega Beedrill gives us a viable Fairy-killing alternative...

Tsukuyomi56

Emblian Royalty
Took an Attack Power+ (thankfully a free one from Delibird and the Mega Manectric competition) and two Great Balls but Machamp is mine. Will be waiting for my hearts to recharge before taking on Latios. Shame Mega Steelix will not be of much use in the future though it may make Aromatisse a bit more manageable.

cassius335

Aura Trainer
Caught Machamp via Mega Started Mewtwo & a free Atk-Up (Pokéball @ 38%). Easy enough.

Latios being timed is a wrinkle, but we'll see how it goes...

EDIT: Ouch, Ice already and only level 5? So much for going all-Dragon for a while... *reaches for Diance*

Last edited:

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
Played Mobile Shuffle and got Latias to Lv 10. Somehow, I've been lucky in catching Latias... hmm RNG again

Dragalge

"Orange" Magical Girl
Thank goodness I got a Super Catch Power that allowed me to catch Gardevoir at 95%. Mega Gardevoir really feels a lot faster than Mega Slowbro/Mewtwo although the effect could have been better but it does get rid of disruptions. Speaking of disruptions, Machamp is a pretty nice user for it since no other Fighting type has a disruption-removing ability aside from Gallade if I recall correctly.

Last edited:

Aesnath

But Nothing Happened
I'd strongly recommend investing some Speedups into it if you're able to for the future. Max Speedup Garchomp evolves in 14 icons.

It's on my list of things to do--last time I decided to spend speed-ups, I maxed Glalie--It has been a pretty sound decision so far. I'm only at 4 speed-ups ATM, so we'll see what is available when I get up to ten again.

SPEAKING of which, Do we know if we have speed-ups past level 100 again on M-Latios?

komedy27u

I LOVE timed stages, always have, even genesect I considered fun after appropriate megas where released and sometimes play it for fun. This timed escalation is a dream come true for me :'3 Now I want a timed safari to stop dreaming about shuffle.

Mega Steelix? Where? All I see is a new Mega Speed up in the future, is so weird to have a competition without a mega...

EDIT:
It's on my list of things to do--last time I decided to spend speed-ups, I maxed Glalie--It has been a pretty sound decision so far. I'm only at 4 speed-ups ATM, so we'll see what is available when I get up to ten again.

SPEAKING of which, Do we know if we have speed-ups past level 100 again on M-Latios?

Here's the full list of prices:
from the code said:
Prize for first beating level 5: 1 Exp. Points x1.5
Prize for first beating level 10: 1 Disruption Delay
Prize for first beating level 25: 1 Mega Start
Prize for first beating level 35: 1000 Coins
Prize for first beating level 50: 1 Latiosite
Prize for first beating level 60: 1000 Coins
Prize for first beating level 70: 1000 Coins
Prize for first beating level 80: 2000 Coins
Prize for first beating level 90: 2000 Coins
Prize for first beating level 100: 1 Mega Speedup
Prize for first beating level 110: 2000 Coins
Prize for first beating level 125: 2000 Coins
Prize for first beating level 150: 1 Mega Speedup
Prize for first beating level 200: 1 Mega Speedup

Last edited:

Aesnath

But Nothing Happened
So...I wonder how doable 200 is going to be.

It should be noted that all updates are to come on Tuesday from here on, not Monday.

Why? That's kind of disappointing, as it gave me a solid reason to get up on Monday--a little bit of enthusiasm at the beginning of the work week can go a long way!

Secundum

Lord Of Order
Any team recommendations for Medicham capture?

I don't have Mewtwo yet.

Then why are you posting here and not catching Mewtwo?

Got the Mega Speedup from the competition, and got Machamp itemless in 5 tries (all Psychic Mega Mewtwo team).
Mega Latios...Why? Timed escalation is just silly, and it's a mediocre Mega to boot.

psyrose3

Going into my first timed Mega Escalation battle with Altaria, Dragonite, Latios and Rayquaza (5/4/1/2). Rayquaza is at this point weaker than Articuno, but the ice blocks Latios throws out makes it hard for me to pull off Power of 4.

I got Latios at 7%, thus continuing to affirm that the catch rate percentages are nonsense.

Psynergy

Strong Winds
Staff member
Super Mod
I got Machamp on my first try itemless so that was cool. Meanwhile getting started on Latios, I actually like the idea of a timed escalation battle just for how different and how much faster each stage is. Still haven't caught it though.

Disappointed that we finally get Steelix coming soon and it's not even good though.

CyberBlaziken

A Greater Evil
Have we gotten a proper reason why newer events have been moved to Tuesday?

Latios at Lv 20. Getting a bit nasty now, clouds + ice disruptions.

komedy27u

Have we gotten a proper reason why newer events have been moved to Tuesday?

Not officially, unofficially is because of the holiday they had on monday and they want to keep event on 7 days weeks.

Didn't notice it was permanent until Serebii said so o.o

HylianGlaceon

Hyrulean Resident
So...I wonder how doable 200 is going to be.

Getting there is the hard part. Rocks get added as a 5th Pokemon on 50, Goomy gets added as a 5th Pokemon within 51-99 (Don't bring it) and Metal Blocks get added as a 5th Pokemon 100 and on. It'll also disrupt with a lot of ice and metal blocks post 100.

199 and 200 also have the same data too meaning we get to do that stage twice. What fun.

I'll probably stop at 100. Bisharp was hell with the 5th Metal Block support, not doing 100 stages of that to get to 200..

Silversea

Wasn't there a Japanese public holiday on monday? Or was that a baseless rumour?

Machamp was more of a pain than it should have been. Beat it itemless twice, then started using items to try and help capture rate, took 4 further attempts.

So we get a timed escalation, that shouldn't be too bad...right?

Aesnath

But Nothing Happened
Getting there is the hard part. Rocks get added as a 5th Pokemon on 50, Goomy gets added as a 5th Pokemon within 51-99 (Don't bring it) and Metal Blocks get added as a 5th Pokemon 100 and on. It'll also disrupt with a lot of ice and metal blocks post 100.

199 and 200 also have the same data too meaning we get to do that stage twice. What fun.

I'll probably stop at 100. Bisharp was hell with the 5th Metal Block support, not doing 100 stages of that to get to 200..

Well that sucks--escalation battles are my primary way of getting those dang speed-ups.