• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokémon Shuffle General Discussion

CyberBlaziken

A Greater Evil
Pedra Valley is so annoying, and the latter half is a bit hard to S rank.

jolteonjak

*swoons for Noland*
Just beat Level 20 on Latios, and I still haven't caught it yet. That's unlike me on Escalation battles. Usually they're caught before 20...often before 10.

And could someone please explain the difference between Mega Ampharos and Mega Manectric aside from power levels?

Aesnath

But Nothing Happened
Just beat Level 20 on Latios, and I still haven't caught it yet. That's unlike me on Escalation battles. Usually they're caught before 20...often before 10.

And could someone please explain the difference between Mega Ampharos and Mega Manectric aside from power levels?

Manetric evolves slightly faster and the lightning bolts are less random--they tend to stay closer to the center of the screen. Additionally hitting streak is a relevant ability, especially if using other pokes with the ability. Overall, not that different.

cassius335

Aura Trainer
Wow, Level 50 is NASTY. Unless anyone has better ideas, I think it might be item time...

psyrose3

At level 26 for Latios. So far, so good, but I'm gonna see if I can get Latios and Rayquaza leveled up to 3/4 before I head back in.

komedy27u

Manetric evolves slightly faster and the lightning bolts are less random--they tend to stay closer to the center of the screen. Additionally hitting streak is a relevant ability, especially if using other pokes with the ability. Overall, not that different.

No such tendency.

Both mega abilities start at 2 points in the top and go down erasing 6 icon each. One on each row

MAmp will decide randomly if the one down is on the left, right or directly bellow the previous one, so the "lightning" can go diagonal across the board or perfectly vertical (funny to watch btw) and the 2 rays can overlap for a minimum of 7 icons (that can ultimately crash with the original match and make that 5, go to miiverse for more examples).

MMan (XDXD MegaMan xD) will always, ALWAYS decide eider left or right on its way down, alternating that first choice in perfect zigzag, errasing 6 icons by every 2 rays, that may very rarely overlap to make a total of 9, or go side by side (happens a lot but isn't always bad).

MAmp is more random since it has more options, but it can also make some crazy stuff with some luck (either good luck for combos or bad luck for 5 icons). MMan will always do the same with decent/very stable combos and some randomness.

The riskier ones like MAmp, the conservative like MMAn, everyone else uses MVenu or MGlalie, and from now on I will always call it MMan...

General_Ridley

Palace Maven Spenser
My preference is Manectric if I'm not using a Mega Start, Ampharos if I am. Ultimately, choice of item is the determining factor for that dyad. And now it shall be the same with Lati@s.

Level 50 is booty.

Aesnath

But Nothing Happened
No such tendency.

Both mega abilities start at 2 points in the top and go down erasing 6 icon each. One on each row

MAmp will decide randomly if the one down is on the left, right or directly bellow the previous one, so the "lightning" can go diagonal across the board or perfectly vertical (funny to watch btw) and the 2 rays can overlap for a minimum of 7 icons (that can ultimately crash with the original match and make that 5, go to miiverse for more examples).

MMan (XDXD MegaMan xD) will always, ALWAYS decide eider left or right on its way down, alternating that first choice in perfect zigzag, errasing 6 icons by every 2 rays, that may very rarely overlap to make a total of 9, or go side by side (happens a lot but isn't always bad).

MAmp is more random since it has more options, but it can also make some crazy stuff with some luck (either good luck for combos or bad luck for 5 icons). MMan will always do the same with decent/very stable combos and some randomness.

The riskier ones like MAmp, the conservative like MMAn, everyone else uses MVenu or MGlalie, and from now on I will always call it MMan...

I don't think that was inconsistent with what I was trying to convey, but more detailed and accurate--maybe the lack of randomness made it seem more centered. Either way, your assessment of MAmp being riskier but with a higher potential payoff is a good one. I prefer MMan for most stages, but there are times when you want the other guy.

Creyk

Yes, when the gates of frozen hell open you'll never see Cloud again... until it appears in Smash ^^

Oh yeah it seems it stops after level 30. Now it creates this cube of ice in the middle. I have been using Glalie until this point but maybe I should change megas now...

HaklePrime

Ok, done. DD + MS + Atk-Up. Yikes.

Anyway, gonna leave 51+ until after I've done some Ampharos Training.

It's significantly easier after 50. Based on previous Escalations, I'm assuming 75, 100, 125, etc. will all be "Boss" levels.

By easier, I'm talking no more difficult than 20-29.

Kacho

You are next.
im actually hoping for oddish/gloom/vileplume/bellossom in RC stages lol

also I caught Machamp after using the free attack up from delibird...

now Im OMW to stage 50 latios and IDK if I will stop there this time.. or go up to 100... but there's coins in the other stages of 10's

Tsukuyomi56

Emblian Royalty
Recently got the Latiosite from beating Level 50, I just went in with a +10 sec, DD, Mega Start and Attack Power + after hearing how horrible the stage is itemless. (Gardevoir is your best bet to wipe out the barriers and rocks quickly) Guess it is back to Ampharos grinding until the next batch of events goes live on Tuesday.

Creyk

Recently got the Latiosite from beating Level 50, I just went in with a +10 sec, DD, Mega Start and Attack Power + after hearing how horrible the stage is itemless. (Gardevoir is your best bet to wipe out the barriers and rocks quickly) Guess it is back to Ampharos grinding until the next batch of events goes live on Tuesday.

What? Are you not going for level 100 for the mega speedup?

Psynergy

Strong Winds
Staff member
Super Mod
Got done with Latios level 50 just now with only a Disruption Delay and an all-Dragon team (M-Latias, Latios, Dragonite, Rayquaza), a +10 seconds definitely would have made for a really nice safety net but I managed to barely finish it. Going to swap Megas to Latios now though for the sake of variety and go for stage 100 now. Hopefully quickly so that I can get to coin farming since I've been slacking on that lately.

Tsukuyomi56

Emblian Royalty
What? Are you not going for level 100 for the mega speedup?

Don't think I am going for the Mega Speedup, looking at the data for Level 100 it is pretty nasty with iron blocks as your fifth "support" and less time than Level 50. With Thundurus and the Mega Steelix Competition coming up next Tuesday, I feel my free items are better off used there. (Also need to train up Gabite for Thundurus since the stage data hints it disrupting with iron blocks, the data is from PkParaiso if you are curious).