• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokémon Shuffle General Discussion

Cyberra

pain in the ***
Winkaphy is being a bugger. I have yet to encounter it a third time (and hopefully beat the stupid thing). Raking in the coins from staryu, though... I went into this safari with barely 40k and already I'm over 61k. Just wish this stupid thing would appear so I can catch it and move on.

I also discovered that the game won't ask if you're sure you want to use items before a stage (as in purchase).

Note that this is a bad change because it now means you can use Complexity -1 on Meowth by accident if you aren't careful and there's nothing you can do about it. This has been on Mobile for a long time and some of its users can attest to this.

It should also be noted that Mind Zap received a noticeable nerf in v1.4; It will no longer work while DD is active or while the Pokémon you are facing is under the effects of a status affliction. This is a pretty big one if you are reliant on stuff like Shaymin/Bellossom, I wasn't.

Anyway found Winking Manaphy just before check in on Wednesday and Poké Ball'd it. So I have been grinding Meowth in preparation for an S-Rank + Catching assault on 531-550.

Secundum

Lord Of Order
I also discovered that the game won't ask if you're sure you want to use items before a stage (as in purchase).

Yeah, I found that too. Kind of a pain, really.

PokeMaster366

Note that this is a bad change because it now means you can use Complexity -1 on Meowth by accident if you aren't careful and there's nothing you can do about it. This has been on Mobile for a long time and some of its users can attest to this.

It should also be noted that Mind Zap received a noticeable nerf in v1.4; It will no longer work while DD is active or while the Pokémon you are facing is under the effects of a status affliction. This is a pretty big one if you are reliant on stuff like Shaymin/Bellossom, I wasn't.

Anyway found Winking Manaphy just before check in on Wednesday and Poké Ball'd it. So I have been grinding Meowth in preparation for an S-Rank + Catching assault on 531-550.

I used the extra hearts to get caught up on the main stages. I even got ready and did an all item run on M-Aggron...only to find out that Aggron was frozen behind barriers anyway and completely ruined my run.

Exsception

Born Completionist
So do we have any clue about what next week's events are?

RML #6 from Mesprit!

Pokéfan Norway

I have a question about the new patch 1.4:

What do you mean about Stages (for example "Defeat Stage 11")! Is it the old stages (in this case Happiny) you mean?

If that's so, since I now have Aggronite, I don't have to do anything?

Serebii

And, as if by magic, the webmaster appeared...
Staff member
Admin
I have a question about the new patch 1.4:

What do you mean about Stages (for example "Defeat Stage 11")! Is it the old stages (in this case Happiny) you mean?

If that's so, since I now have Aggronite, I don't have to do anything?

That is correct.

Cyberra

pain in the ***
I HAVE BEATEN DARKRAI 175!

It took me three tries, though... First run I went in with m-ray, darkrai itself, machamp, and xerneas. The combos did not come and machamp must have been asleep through the whole thing... not a single RT activation >.< Second try I swapped xerneas for genesect, using Crowd Control for more damage (even though I know it's been majorly nerfed). Got darkrai to less than 10k health before running out of moves.

Third try, took in the same team but gave machamp a pep talk (yelled at my console for several minutes; thankfully I was the only one home!) and that seemed to have woken it up. Crowd Control and Risk Taker were activating left and right, and m-ray must have decided not to push its luck with me because it was comboing beautifully. Once darkrai started disrupting itself in, I started getting even more combos and took it down with 4 moves remaining.

And that is it. I am done with darkrai. There's no way I'd be able to beat the higher health at stage 200, not with my current team and still-mostly-uninvested machamp. I got 7 speedups squirreled away for when I eventually get to mega ttar's stage (I want to start pushing ahead again once I rebuild my depleted coin stash). For the moment I'm back in the safari; I still need winkaphy and staryu pops up frequently. At least I can consistently get 600 coins from staryu, unlike meowth (which is still doing its best to screw me out of as many coins as it can).

Last edited:

Exsception

Born Completionist
We just had another patch roll in. What's it about?

Added the weekend shop.

They added an apology regarding the bonus jewel distribution for those who spent money on jewels last month and confirmed dates when those jewels will be distributed (next Tuesday unless you spent enough to get 35/50 jewels, in which case, it is split over the next three Tuesdays to encourage people near jewel cap to use them so they don't lose out on jewels).

Secundum

Lord Of Order
Mesprit was good today and yesterday. yesterday game me an RML and 2 Boosters, today an RML and 1 booster.

Exsception

Born Completionist
They added an apology regarding the bonus jewel distribution for those who spent money on jewels last month and confirmed dates when those jewels will be distributed (next Tuesday unless you spent enough to get 35/50 jewels, in which case, it is split over the next three Tuesdays to encourage people near jewel cap to use them so they don't lose out on jewels).

That's been there ever since the software update.

Got 8,300-800 from Meowth, as well as a triple drop from Mesprit. All that I need to do this week now is max out Greninja's Mind Zap, so I'm actually just using all my hearts in the safari. That way I can hoard some Exp.Boosters, give Greninja some Exp. from Starmie, and earn some coins all at once.

Last edited:

R_N

Going back to this, one of the (spanish) dataminers saw it added a few other things, aside from the weekend shop, mostly place holders.

Seems like it added ~40 placeholder abilities. They don't have names or descriptions, but weren't there before. I'd hazard a guess that some of those are intended for alolan pokemon?
More interesting, there's some text associated with the special shop that implies some future types of stuff you can buy

I'll just paste the google translation from the pastebin
After the purchase, your number of lives will not decrease during -time.
Platinum Chance After the purchase, the odds of having a golden opportunity when buying a Super Ball increase during time.
Regeneravidas After the purchase you get XX extra life. Also during XX hour, restore a life every-time-minutes to a maximum of XX lives.
Extra Lives You'll get XX lives. This offer is better than the one in the store.
Extra Coins You will get XX Coins. This offer is better than the one in the store.
Gifts ↑ Increases the probability of getting gifts in the play area during XX hour after the purchase.

the fact the description even says its a better offer than the one in the normal store is hilarious.

Ilum

We have extracted all the stuff. Here's some choice images from the update. Things to do in the future

the spooky gengar sprite was replaced by shiny gengar sprite in the pokemon section, cause both have the 094-s in the link right
serebii.net/shuffle/pokemon.shtml

also can you post link to these 5 pikachu cause I can't find them after trying so many combinations of 025- in the link
HEXX0Rx.jpg

is victini and eevee schedule change again???