• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokémon Shuffle General Discussion

R_N

Oh for...heads up, this check in gives ANOTHER 30 hearts.

I don't know why, it wasn't mentioned in the notices.

e: Found the male kimono pikachu. There's no special puzzle here, honestly. A shrine themed barrier set thats annoying, then after 2 moves it removes it.
Caught it with no great ball, at least.

e2: Seaking is a puzzle stage, I think. 4 moves, 4 coins.

Been remarkably lucky. 5 hearst and I caught Minun (SCP to 100%) and Kimono Boy, Krabby & Seaking all without great balls.

Last edited:

HylianGlaceon

Hyrulean Resident
Used around 32 hearts on the RNGFest so far. Caught everything except Krabby and Goldeen despite seeing each around 10 times and the Female Pikachu whom has yet to appear. (20%ish catch rate on Goldeen and Krabby. More like 1% with how RNG works.)

Got top tier in the Garchomp repeat which was nice, just getting a lot of Speedups I don't really need. A swap option for RMLs would be really nice right now. I'm unsure what I'll do once I'm done with the RNGFest too. Hydreigon isn't really worth PSB grinding as it is completely obsoleted by Yveltal and Bisharp. And of course Giratina-O is gonna be a nightmare with my current touchscreen problems to get through to the end..

Cyberra

pain in the ***
My first heart into the safari was the female kimono rodent. Took her down with 0 moves left, she didn't catch in a regular ball. I ended up chucking four great balls at her and she ran! Reset to get my coins back. Now I'm mad >.<

Did catch hydreigon. One less EX stage to worry about later.

Exsception

Born Completionist
Dangit, GS! Stop throwing these surprise hearts at us! From now on I'm keeping my stocked hearts at 60 to keep this from happening again.

On the bright side, my first 5 hearts in the safari were pleasantly beneficial. I caught Kingler and Seaking without a GB, and ran into Kimono Girl Pikachu, which I GB'ed. The sooner I get this drop-less safari done, the better.

Lord Fighting

Bank Ball Collector
Dangit, GS! Stop throwing these surprise hearts at us! From now on I'm keeping my stocked hearts at 60 to keep this from happening again.

On the bright side, my first 5 hearts in the safari were pleasantly beneficial. I caught Kingler and Seaking without a GB, and ran into Kimono Girl Pikachu, which I GB'ed. The sooner I get this drop-less safari done, the better.

Why on earth do you keep hearts stored up. Use them

R_N

because refilling on those hearts is usually not so common and its nice to have them in case you really need them (escalation skips, terrible rng in the safari, extremely low coins, rapid fire competition runs)

Except even then, depending on how you're playing and your luck, you may not need them otherwise. I have 70,000 coins, so meowth isnt a priority unless I need to empty out my hearts. I'm all caught up on the stages. I have no interest in the PSBs. Ampharos grinding is a pain. I dont want to touch the escalation and even if I did I'd probably still just go through the normal hearts over the next 7 days. And we're 1 day into a 14 day safari so that's not really worth wasting them.
If I use them now, I use them just for the sake of using them

e: Caught Kingler with 1 move left without great ball. Then had a goldeen escape (why is Goldeen the one pokemon in this safari with an under 20 base catch rate), but then caught it next heart w/ no great ball.
A fantastic safari on my end, only need kimono girl

Last edited:

Exsception

Born Completionist

Actually, last week I decided to go through my banked hearts some, but I figured I would use them on the Safari. If I had known that we would be getting more hearts this week, I surely would have used them on the Escalation or something. It's not my fault that the timing of these apology compensations are so sporadic, and I didn't expect them to give us more hearts just two weeks after the last batch.

But now that the safari is here, I used a bunch of my stored hearts on it. I'm 51 hearts in and still haven't seen the Kimono Boy. Everything else is caught, and the only GB I've used is on Kimono Girl Pikachu.

Got all the safari Pokémon after using my 30 bonus to rapid fire through the safari. Of those, Kingler needed a Great Ball, Kimonochu-F needed a Great Gall, and Kimonochu-M needed four Great Balls... >_>

Everything else was Poké Ball'd.

With that out of the way and Giratina-O 200 beaten, it's Skarmory time for the rest of the week. SL5 Nosedive here we not come until after the update, but we'll get SL4 easily.

Cyberra

pain in the ***
Last 'mons I need from the safari are kimonochu-F and minun. Neither of which has been showing up recently. We seriously need some grass-type block smashers and barrier bashers that aren't BP 40 winking starters ><

R_N

I just went with ground types & gengar. Golurk, Landorus-T as support. I've pretty consistently beaten every stage I've gone up against. Golurk isn't even that high a level, 11/15.

Krokketto Prime Danjal

Done with worldly lies
I came 18th in the competition.

I was like 'they're not going to give us free hearts at check in' as I tapped 'Check In'. Boy was I wrong and do I regret only receiving 3 extra hearts. That will not be happening again! So instead of possibly being finished with this new Safari by using up some of my banked hearts I've had to do it the normal way. I'm missing Seaking, Minun and have yet to see the male Kimono mouse. Everything else was caught in Pokeballs.

(I don't use up my banked hearts because 1, I like having them there just in case and 2, Street Passes have long dried up where I live (unsurprisingly) so no extra hearts via that method.)

R_N

Aaaaand found Kimono Girl. CAught it at 36% (pro tip: a landorus risk taker can finish this in like 2 moves if you're lucky), no great ball. A remarkably short & lucky safari for me! Caught almost everything without a great ball, and finished it within a day! I even got enough coins to recoup one of the great balls, or close to it

So now I'm all done for the entire week beyond the daily junk. More than enough coins, no need to Meowth. I guess I could Ampharos since I have several things that should be leveled up but...it's so boring....Just stick to victinis for a while

Tsukuyomi56

Emblian Royalty
Safari completed, got everything bar Goldeen and Minum on day one using some of my banked hearts with the other two thankfully staying in Poke Balls on the second day. Goldeen took forever though despite being one of the Pokemon that appeared the most often. The Kimono Pikachu were the only ones needing Great Balls with the male needing two and the female one.

Also Minum is downright nasty if you don't have a candied M-Beedrill to help clear the cluttered board at the start, I was thankful I already got the Water-types out of the way so I can switch to using Ground-types.

Last edited:

Exsception

Born Completionist
Aaaaand found Kimono Girl. CAught it at 36% (pro tip: a landorus risk taker can finish this in like 2 moves if you're lucky), no great ball. A remarkably short & lucky safari for me! Caught almost everything without a great ball, and finished it within a day! I even got enough coins to recoup one of the great balls, or close to it

So now I'm all done for the entire week beyond the daily junk. More than enough coins, no need to Meowth. I guess I could Ampharos since I have several things that should be leveled up but...it's so boring....Just stick to victinis for a while

Must be nice. I'm still not done with the Safari after 81 hearts, (Kimono Boy just will not show up) and I have way too much to do even after I finish. I still have some Mission Cards to finish, I haven't made much progress in the Escalation, my coin situation needs improving, there are some Pokemon I need to train up/PSB grind, and I'm three zones behind in S-Ranks.

It'll be a LONG time before I'm caught up.

E: Nevermind, Kimono Boy 'Chu appeared on the 82nd heart and jumped into a Normal Pokeball. Almost makes up for how long it took.

And now, I have some unfinished business with Giratina.

Last edited:

R_N

Safari completed, got everything bar Goldeen and Minum on day one using some of my banked hearts with the other two thankfully staying in Poke Balls on the second day. Goldeen took forever though despite being one of the Pokemon that appeared the most often. The Kimono Pikachu were the only ones needing Great Balls with the male needing two and the female one.

Also Minum is downright nasty if you don't have a candied M-Beedrill to help clear the cluttered board at the start, I was thankful I already got the Water-types out of the way so I can switch to using Ground-types.

nah, if you make a swap with minun along the bottom + shapes, you can usually get a pretty solid combo going. Worst case scenario, you clear just enough to get another combo going and still have plenty of time to finish it.

Must be nice. I'm still not done with the Safari after 81 hearts, (Kimono Boy just will not show up) and I have way too much to do even after I finish. I still have some Mission Cards to finish, I haven't made much progress in the Escalation, my coin situation needs improving, there are some Pokemon I need to train up/PSB grind, and I'm three zones behind in S-Ranks.

It'll be a LONG time before I'm caught up.

I've basically stopped caring about mission cards. I will never do the Yveltal mission from ages ago, at the very least. But several of the others are just annoying to the point that the final rewards on the cards just isnt worth it. I'm not training an entire normal team for Florges!

the secret to success in shuffle: apathy and rng

Cyberra

pain in the ***
I haven't really done anything with the mission cards. Anyone have any tips on how to do the rock-breaking mission at the bottom of card 6?

Finally got minun last night... Got fed up with the sucker and GB'd it. Then earlier this afternoon kimonochu-F finally showed her face again. Beat her in two moves, got a catch rate of 34%. She broke out, great ball bonus took it up to 68%, then SCP to max on top of that... You're mine, rat.

Back to meowth. I really need to rebuild my coin stock.

PokeMaster366

Decided to forget about the Safari this week to focus on grinding Hydreigon. I got 2 stages in a row where I got an RML, and Hydreigon is at SL3 now. I think I'll stop when I hit 4 with him.

Krokketto Prime Danjal

Done with worldly lies
I finished the Safari the day before last. Seaking was my last capture. I only had to use a great ball on the male Kimono which was a guaranteed capture. Rather funny was that I caught at least 4 of the Pokémon with a catch rate of 20% each.

I virtually got back to max coins but then I just used everything except DD to beat Giratina 250. Used Mega Absol and for once I got SP thanks to an instant Giratina O match. I finished with 16s to spare.

3 more RMLs would be great but I don't want to fight 2 more bosses spending over 12000 coins each time so I'm not going any further with it. I have 30 speed ups so I don't really need any more, I'm saving those for whenever we get Megas Pinsir and Gallade.

I'll be grinding Meowth and doing SM when I have the time for it (completed it 2 out of 3 times this week).

Cyberra

pain in the ***
I'm up to 177 in the giratina EB. Dunno how far I'll get since I still don't have the most coins, but we'll see. Got 11 speedups hoarded now.