• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokémon Shuffle General Discussion

Cyberra

pain in the ***
*groan* I am done with this escalation. Finally beat lvl 140, using m-ttar, ho-oh (lvl 10, Pyre SL2), heatran (lvl 10 LDE SL4), and, of all things, incineroar (lvl 10 SL3). Super Tackle actually went off pretty consistently, dealing out 6k damage every hit. M-ttar gave me some nice combos, and I took decidueye down with 0 moves left. But now I am entirely out of coins. Gonna have to spend a week grinding to be able to do anything again.

Last edited:

HylianGlaceon

Hyrulean Resident
Null and Tapu Bulu done.

Null was a nightmare itemless thanks to RNG. First run it took 7 turns to even get Shiny Ray evolved and Gallade had about a 5% activation rate on 3 matches throughout both of the runs. Machamp was also complete garbage either not activating Risk Taker, or only giving low numbers except for I think a total of 2 times throughout the entire thing. (Why did I invest in this again?). Run 1 was 0 moves left and Run 2 was 2 moves left. Caught it in a Super Catch Great Ball on the second run. If I were redoing it, I'd probably should've just done Jirachi + Aggron since two taps wasn't enough on this stage and Gallade was completely useless anyway.

Tapu Bulu was just a full item run with a horrendous starting board (No Mega matches, how surprising.) Beat it with 13 moves left counting the +5 and caught in a Pokeball at least. Back to the troll on 37, because I haven't been doing it this entire past week alongside the Escalation already or anything.

R_N

Null and Tapu Bulu done.

Null was a nightmare itemless thanks to RNG. First run it took 7 turns to even get Shiny Ray evolved and Gallade had about a 5% activation rate on 3 matches throughout both of the runs. Machamp was also complete garbage either not activating Risk Taker, or only giving low numbers except for I think a total of 2 times throughout the entire thing. (Why did I invest in this again?). Run 1 was 0 moves left and Run 2 was 2 moves left. Caught it in a Super Catch Great Ball on the second run. If I were redoing it, I'd probably should've just done Jirachi + Aggron since two taps wasn't enough on this stage and Gallade was completely useless anyway.

Tapu Bulu was just a full item run with a horrendous starting board (No Mega matches, how surprising.) Beat it with 13 moves left counting the +5 and caught in a Pokeball at least. Back to the troll on 37, because I haven't been doing it this entire past week alongside the Escalation already or anything.

side note who wants to bet the next 2 weeks are a 1 week 150 stage escalation for inciniraor & primarina

HylianGlaceon

Hyrulean Resident
side note who wants to bet the next 2 weeks are a 1 week 150 stage escalation for inciniraor & primarina
Most likely yeah. And with Level Ups as the final prize again too which I'll probably pass on too. Also a random repeat safari with a new emoticon Pikachu with a 1% encounter rate.

We'll probably also get another Ultra Beast too. Buzzwole seems the most likely. Bug or Fighting typed (probably Bug) and mandatory SL5 LDE needed I'm sure.

Cyberra

pain in the ***
Primarina and incineroar EBs can go jump in a hole XP I'm gonna be grinding coins probably all damn week. Still have to catch type: null (got bulu already)

New Content
Mega Alakazam competition (Type Restricted [No SE/NVE/Dragon], Bring Porygon-Z)
Silvally Ultra Challenge
Turtonator Great Challenge
Porygon-Z Great Challenge (Drops PSB's, RML's)

Returning Content
Celebi EB
Slaking Great Challenge (Drops PSB's)
Non-Alolan Weekly Events (Victini, Meowth, Wobbuffet, Carnivine)
Daily Pokémon #5 (Drops Coins)

Future Content
Lugia Great Challenge (Drops PSB's)
Winking Chikorita Great Challenge (Drops PSB's)
Typhlosion Great Challenge (Drops PSB's)
Meganium Great Challenge (Drops PSB's)
Unown Safari (C, E, I, N, Drops Exp. Boosters)
Miltank Scoring Challenge (Mobile Only)
Daily Pokémon #6 (Drops Coins)

Event Pokémon
Silvally: Base 80 Normal-type w/ Typeless Combo.
Turtonator: Base 60 Fire-type w/ Block Shot.
Unown C: Base 50 Psychic-type w/ Relentless.
Unown E: Base 50 Psychic-type w/ Flash Mob.
Unown I: Base 50 Psychic-type w/ Swap+.
Unown N: Base 50 Psychic-type w/ Calm Down.

EB Prizes
Level 10: 1× Time +10
Level 20: 1× Exp. Booster M
Level 25: 1× Disruption Delay
Level 40: 1× Exp. Booster M
Level 50: 1× Mega Speedup
Level 60: 2× Exp. Booster M
Level 75: 1× Skill Swapper
Level 90: 1× Exp. Booster L
Level 100: 2× Raise Max Level
Level 125: 1× Skill Swapper
Level 140: 2× Exp. Booster L
Level 150: 3× Raise Max Level
Level 175: 4× Raise Max Level
Level 200: 2× Level Up

All done.

Last edited:

Exsception

Born Completionist
New Content
Mega Alakazam competition (Type Restricted [No SE/NVE/Dragon], Bring Porygon-Z)
Silvally Ultra Challenge
Turtonator Great Challenge
Porygon-Z Great Challenge (Drops PSB's, RML's)

Returning Content
Celebi EB
Slaking Great Challenge (Drops PSB's)
Non-Alolan Weekly Events (Victini, Meowth, Wobbuffet, Carnivine)
Daily Pokémon #5 (Drops Coins)

Future Content
Lugia Great Challenge (Drops PSB's)
Winking Chikorita Great Challenge (Drops PSB's)
Typhlosion Great Challenge (Drops PSB's)
Meganium Great Challenge (Drops PSB's)
Unown Safari (D, E, I, N, Drops Exp. Boosters)
Miltank Scoring Challenge (Mobile Only)
Daily Pokémon #6 (Drops Coins)

Event Pokémon
Silvally: Base 80 Normal-type w/ Typeless Combo.
Turtonator: Base 60 Fire-type w/ Block Shot.
Unown D: Base 50 Psychic-type w/ Relentless.
Unown E: Base 50 Psychic-type w/ Flash Mob.
Unown I: Base 50 Psychic-type w/ Swap+.
Unown N: Base 50 Psychic-type w/ Calm Down.

EB Prizes
Level 10: 1× Time +10
Level 20: 1× Exp. Booster M
Level 25: 1× Disruption Delay
Level 40: 1× Exp. Booster M
Level 50: 1× Mega Speedup
Level 60: 2× Exp. Booster M
Level 75: 1× Skill Swapper
Level 90: 1× Exp. Booster L
Level 100: 2× Raise Max Level
Level 125: 1× Skill Swapper
Level 140: 2× Exp. Booster L
Level 150: 3× Raise Max Level
Level 175: 4× Raise Max Level
Level 200: 2× Level Up

All done.

Typeless Combo, eh? Too bad it came too late to see any real use. But at least Silvally is in fact an 80BP Pokemon.

You probably all saw this coming, but there's no way you'll get anywhere close to beating Silvally on an itemless run. It's bulky as heck. I cleared it with a team of M-T-Tar, (Lv.10/SL2) Machamp, (Lv.20/SL5) Meloetta, (Lv.15/SL4) and Lucario (Lv.15/SL3) and I used M+5, DD, and AP↑ for items. I ended up with 9 moves left at the end, which brings the catch rate up to just 23%. Luckily I was graced with a single GB catch without SCP.

However, do keep in mind that it was a fairly lucky run with decent combos and high RT rolls; so don't expect to have the same result as I did.

Lord Fighting

Bank Ball Collector
So amongst all these new alohan mons we have Slaking lmao. As if I dont have enough to catch already and its only for 7 days. Bravo GF

R_N

Checking the pokemon list, looks like we'll be getting Shiny Ho-Oh soon. Tapu Fini wasn't added as a shadow, oddly. Mercifully every unown wasn't added at once

also of COURSE they would go about adding the 26 unown in the slowest way possible: 4-man safaris. I fully expect one of them to reuse the ! and ? unown.

Checking the pokemon list, looks like we'll be getting Shiny Ho-Oh soon.

It also has data for it listed; a Base 80 Fire-type w/ Cross Attack+.

There is no data for an event related to it. I'm placing my bets on GS giving it to us for free either next week or the week after. And then giving us a Shiny Ho-Oh competition where we are expected to raise our Ground-types for it. Who knows.

R_N

Silvally's ability is 40/40/40 activation rates that at SL5 raises to 75/75/75 and it gives a x2.5 multiplier to any type in the combo.
75% on a 3 match is insane, even if the 4 & 5 matches are lower than SL5 versions of the other combo abilites, especially on an ability that applies the multiplier to any type.

Secundum

Lord Of Order
*Sigh*

Yet another worthless escalation...

Pikawho?

(five15)
If we never get the unowns for that (incredibly stupid tbh but w/e) reason then god bless. 26 less things to worry about.

*52 + 4 (? and !) = 56

Don't forget the winking variants! Unown may only have one eye but GS CAN and WILL find a way to make it happen! =D

Tsukuyomi56

Sky High Knight
Don't think I will be doing a full item of the competition especially as Porygon-Z likely will not see much use once the competition is over. Already caught Silvally and Turtonator though Silvally pretty much warrants using almost all items to beat it. The Escalation Battle now awaits.

R_N

Got the DD from Celebi then just an item run on Silvally. Beat it in 2 moves so uh...maybe...overkill. But man I just did not want to deal with that nonsense. Caught it without a great ball so whatever (like 67% fyi).

I'll just skip the Alakazam competition & can safely ignore all the other repeat content. Beyond the unown safari next week I can safely build coins back up to prep for Tapu Fini whenever that comes around.

Cyberra

pain in the ***
I caught porygon-z at least, and skill swapped it to Hitting Streak+. Coin grinding again to throw the kitchen sink at silvally. Darn thing already escaped me twice XP

raichu27

Was there anyone else here that couldn't be Celebi level 50 itemless? That one was more harder than I was expecting.

Krokketto Prime Danjal

Done with worldly lies
No, I couldn't beat it itemless either after a few tries so I just threw the attack boost at it as I didn't want to waste hearts on it like I did with Decidueye (which I did complete incidentally using the same method I did the first time). I also used the same item for 75 since I had extracted the maximum coins out of Meowth (so rare these days) with my previous batch of hearts and thought 'why not?'