• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokémon Shuffle General Discussion

Exsception

Born Completionist
Was there anyone else here that couldn't be Celebi level 50 itemless? That one was more harder than I was expecting.

No, as frustrating as it was I couldn't. Those with an invested Dusknoir wold fair a good chance, but I had to use T+10 and an all Dark team.

The requirements to place well in this comp are horrific. Dumping 20 RMLs and a SS into Regigigas? Heck no. Giving 15 more RMLs and another SS to Porygon-Z? I'll pass. I might not even bother with items on this monstrosity of a Comp.

Krokketto Prime Danjal

Done with worldly lies
I wonder if some crazy player would actually put full investment into Snorlax with Try Hard for Mega Alakazam?

I'm being really lazy with this escalation. Thrown the attack boost at 50, 75 and 100 and let Dusknoir tidy up. I may upgrade it SL5.

Tsukuyomi56

Emblian Royalty
Was there anyone else here that couldn't be Celebi level 50 itemless? That one was more harder than I was expecting.

Sadly I ended up using a Atk Pw+ to beat Stage 50 since I am somewhat average at timed stages and my Dusknoir is only SL2. Think I will call it quits here since I still have around 15 Skill Swappers and have no desire to use it on anyone for the moment.

Last edited:

Cyberra

pain in the ***
I've been ignoring the escalation and I think I may actually sit this competition out. I'm really short of coins and most of my normal-types aren't even fully leveled because normal types, not being SE to anything, aren't particularly useful. I think I'll just concentrate on getting myself back in the game coin-wise.

Cleared the EB inside of three days with the help of some reserve hearts. Really satisfied with how it went and my execution was really good. Second try 50 and third try 75 though and I failed a couple of anger skips. Really cathartic after the bloopers I had on Shiny Diancie / Decidueye. Forgettable Weekend Meowth and my competition one and done was only 180ish thousand. Off to Meowth until Tuesday, that and making attempts to clear RNG City (aka SM 2.0) itemless or as cheaply as possible (Best attempt at that was 48 stages cleared itemless with Shot Out strats). Also I caught Serperior so I need to get some S-Ranks done to unlock and catch Dugtrio.

R_N

I took the time to S Rank Kricketot and catch him since the stage was so easy. Didn't even need items.
SO hey thats....that's one s rank down. I also beat Bagon, no s rank, then ran into a wall with cyrogonal. I'll just let him be. I have 10k coins left and I'd like a bigger buffer.

Also I went close to 50 on Celebi but I think I may not even bother getting the MSU like usual. I don't have a trained Dusknoir and he has no SLs to make the stage consistent itemless. Decidueye I at least had a max level heatran with SL4.

e: lmao i always forget how trash non-alolan meowth is. went 5 moves with no combos and didn't mega evolve until 5th move

Last edited:

Krokketto Prime Danjal

Done with worldly lies
I've stopped at stage 106 in the escalation for now to recoup coins. I have still not attempted Bulu's stage yet. Null was easy and caught in a Pokéball after 2 tries. I beat Silvally with attack boost, (free) DD and M+5 with SMMX (5, 3/3), Machamp, Lucario and Meloetta although it cost me 2 great balls at sixty something percent.

I used Silvally in a fighting team against Eevee to try it out and give it some initial experience and all I can say is 'Wow! That ability.' I wish I'd caught it sooner. Got 2 boosters which was nice and they both popped out at once due to the big damage (over 90% in one move).

raichu27

Is there anyone else here that receives only one Skill Booster from Eevee sometimes? It enrages me when that happens.

R_N

so -snorlax- on smogon
For 150 I used Drifblim, Dusknoir, Vikavolt and Hoopa-U, but the former two are all you need to win. Basically, you must remove the central icon from the cross right after activating Cross Attack, just before the game processes the second match. This way, Cross Attack's damage multiplier gets transferred to the following match you make. Assuming that the recipient is a perfect Dusknoir, activating LDE on a mo4 you will deal 110x2x1,5x15x3x3=44550 damage, more than enough to instantly OHKO Celebi XD
and a few others on smogong were able to recreate that

this is insane for timed stages so maybe use it while you can?

Last edited:
so -snorlax- on smogon

and a few others on smogong were able to recreate that

this is insane for timed stages so maybe use it while you can?

I've actually known about this exploit for a while (around the time Noivern was PSB Farmable which was when it got discovered because people were bringing Luxray to that stage because Cross Attack+ is really good) and managed to clear the whole EB itemless megaless with this tactic. I also did a lot of research on Passimian last week into how this exploit works and whatnot. If you are curious as to how it works, I can PM you a Pastebin detailing it and how GS can (and probably will) patch this thing. Because at this point, now that it's out there, it's going to get patched. Not a matter of if, but a matter of when now.

Note that this actually works with all shape boost abilities and if you are planning to use this exploit, I recommend L-Boost because it's much less prone to random skyfall combos from my testing and is also much friendlier for 76-99, 100, 50, and 175.

Last edited:

R_N

I've actually known about this exploit for a while (around the time Noivern was PSB Farmable which was when it got discovered because people were bringing Luxray to that stage because Cross Attack+ is really good) and managed to clear the whole EB itemless megaless with this tactic. I also did a lot of research on Passimian last week into how this exploit works and whatnot. If you are curious as to how it works, I can PM you a Pastebin detailing it and how GS can (and probably will) patch this thing. Because at this point, now that it's out there, it's going to get patched. Not a matter of if, but a matter of when now.

Note that this actually works with all shape boost abilities and if you are planning to use this exploit, I recommend L-Boost because it's much less prone to random skyfall combos from my testing and is also much friendlier for 76-99, 100, 50, and 175.

Man this would have made serperior leagues easier. And sure, i'd appreciat the PM. I may not go through the escalation regardless, but if other, terrible timed stages come out before they patch it, details would be nice!

HylianGlaceon

Hyrulean Resident
e: lmao i always forget how trash non-alolan meowth is. went 5 moves with no combos and didn't mega evolve until 5th move
Just typical RNG. I had 5400, 5900, 6400 and 11000 this week. RNG being trash on 3 of those runs.

Beyond that, the Celebi Escalation is horrid and we have Complexity available in our Slot Machine event for this week. All we need is an Ultra Beast with a mandatory SL5 LDE user and a Safari with a 0.01% encounter rate to make this week perfect.

R_N

Just typical RNG. I had 5400, 5900, 6400 and 11000 this week. RNG being trash on 3 of those runs.

Beyond that, the Celebi Escalation is horrid and we have Complexity available in our Slot Machine event for this week. All we need is an Ultra Beast with a mandatory SL5 LDE user and a Safari with a 0.01% encounter rate to make this week perfect.

non-alolan meowth almost always gets me sub 6000
alolan meowth i tend towards 6000-7000, with lucky 8000-10000

HylianGlaceon

Hyrulean Resident
And Celebi 150 is complete BS. Without a Complexity good luck ever setting up a Dusknoir match with the thousands of Celebis the board spawns and 0 Dusknoir. Without a DD and even after that, good luck keeping a combo because if it disrupts over a match it automatically drops your combo. Even with a full item run with a Complexity I could barely beat this trash. Seriously eff this Escalation. Can't wait to get through 175 and be done with this hell. Worst Timed Escalation by far.

Secundum

Lord Of Order
I haven't found it that bad. I managed itemless all the way up to 149, and while I needed items, I didn't need a complexity. You just need to keep the Zoroark combo going rather than relying on Dusknoir.

That said, I've been grinding coins for the last couple of days-are 175 and 200 really worth going for?

Exsception

Born Completionist
I just cleared 100 itemless with seconds to spare and a Lv.1 Silvally. Typeless Combo is really something else; it might even render the other combo skills obsolete.

I also did some random junk on the Alakazam comp. All items bar C-1 gave me 50K. Meh.

Secundum

Lord Of Order
Yeah, Typeless Combo is fun...But only having a trigger of 40% even on a match of 5? Meh. Good for non-timed stages I guess, but I really liked being able to 4 or 5 match another comboer and having it guarantee to go off.

R_N

Yeah, Typeless Combo is fun...But only having a trigger of 40% even on a match of 5? Meh. Good for non-timed stages I guess, but I really liked being able to 4 or 5 match another comboer and having it guarantee to go off.

otoh 75% chance at SL5 on a match of 3

otoh 75% chance at SL5 on a match of 3

It's a pretty hefty cost at 150 PSB's though...

Anyhow, Shiny Ho-Oh get as was expected. Now to watch as they shove a Shiny Ho-Oh competition down our throats next week. Oh, and they will probably expect us to level up Feraligatr and PSB farm its Barrier Shot skill (by SS) as its stage probably decides to conveniently repeat...

That said, got the Unown Safari done in seven hearts and three GB's used. Nothing too bad to worry about and the rarest Unown (N) "only" has a 10% appearance rate. Better than my SM 2.0 attempts which still have a tendency to often die to either MMY, Mega Aero, or Mega Heracross, with only three runs making it to the start of the Roseus Centre section of the run (neither made it to Deoxys though).

EDIT: Got that prediction wrong, Feraligatr is going to come, but it's going to be in two week's time as opposed to next week like I predicted. Also there is a "Mega Start" Festival starting next week which allows you to use Mega Start on Stages 1-150 for free (sans a few select stages).

Last edited: