• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokémon Shuffle General Discussion

R_N

The discrepancy of having so many RMLs in hand and the absolute hell that is actually reaching the new unlocked levels is absurd.

Even from a pay 2 win perspective it doesn't make much sense
you can only use a jewel on victini once iirc, and that would be once a week

Cyberra

pain in the ***
I have beaten mega salamence!

Now I no longer have to bite people's heads off when I ask for advice on various stages and am told to use mega-mence

New Content
New Main Stages (Deoxys-Defence)
New Expert Stage (Shiny Genesect)
New RML Increases
New SS Options
Type Combo Abilities buffed
Mid-Month Challenge (Basically Start-of-Month Challenge)
Item Bundles Expanded
Camerupt Great Challenge (Drops PSB's)
Poliwrath Great Challenge (Drops PSB's, RML's)

Returning Content
Mega Camerupt Competition (Bring Poliwrath)
Volcanion EB
Politoed Great Challenge (Drops PSB's)
Special Daily Pokémon #3 (Drops PSB's)

Future Content
Halloween Safari
Daily Pokémon #1 (Drops Coins)
Ho-Oh Great Challenge (Drops PSB's)
Bellossom Great Challenge (Drops PSB's)
Kingdra Great Challenge (Drops PSB's)
Spooky Sableye Great Challenge (Drops PSB's)
Shiny Gyarados Pikachu Great Challenge (Drops PSB's)
Alolan Marowak Great Challenge

Main Stages / Expert Stages
Torchic: PSB Farmable
Deerling-Autumn: Base 50 Grass-type w/ Cheer.
Combusken: PSB Farmable
Misdreavus: PSB Farmable
Octillery: Base 60 Water-type w/ Big Wave.
Sneasel: PSB Farmable
Sawsbuck-Autumn: Base 60 Grass-type w/ Nap Time.
Weavile: PSB Farmable
Mismagius: PSB Farmable
Victreebel: Base 60 Grass-type w/ Hitting Streak+.
Feebas: PSB Farmable
Larvitar: PSB Farmable
Meowth: PSB Farmable
Milotic: PSB Farmable
Piplup: Base 50 Water-type w/ Counterattack+.
Pupitar: PSB Farmable
Prinplup: Base 60 Water-type w/ Three Force.
Persian: PSB Farmable
Tyranitar: PSB Farmable
Deoxys-Defence: Base 80 Psychic-type w/ Counterattack+.
Shiny Genesect: Base 80 Bug-type w/ Last-Ditch Effort.

Event Pokémon
Marowak-Alola: Base 60 Ghost-type w/ Shadow Dance.

EB Prizes
Lv5: 500× Coin
Lv10: 1,000× Coin
Lv15: 1,500× Coin
Lv25: 1× Exp. Booster S
Lv40: 2× Exp. Booster S
Lv50: 1× Raise Max Level
Lv65: 1× Exp. Booster M
Lv80: 1× Exp. Booster M
Lv100: 1× Skill Swapper
Lv125: 2× Exp. Booster L
Lv150: 1× Mega Speedup
Lv175: 1× Skill Booster S
Lv200: 2× Raise Max Level
Lv250: 1× Skill Swapper
Lv300: 2× Level Up
Lv350: 4× Raise Max Level
Lv400: 1× Skill Swapper
Lv450: 3× Level Up
Lv500: 8× Raise Max Level

New RML Slots
Moltres: 10 → 20
Zapdos: 10 → 20
Articuno: 10 → 20
Volcanion: 10
Samurott: 15
Kingdra: 5
Poliwrath: 10
Politoed: 5
Tympole: 10
Totodile: 15
Oshawott: 15
Popplio: 10
Wishiwashi: 20
Basculin-R: 15
Basculin-B: 15
Serperior: 15
Breloom: 5
Chikorita: 15
Snivy: 15
Rowlet: 5
Shiftry: 5
Ferrothorn: 15
Lunala: 20
Mimikyu: 15
Giratina-A: 10
Giratina-O: 10
Spooky Sableye: 10
Misdreavus: 5
Mismagius: 5
Yamask: 10
Banette: 10
Drifblim: 5
Litwick: 20
Phantump: 10
Trevenant: 5
Duskull: 15
Jellicent-M: 10
Jellicent-F: 10
Darkrai: 10
Murkrow: 5
Honchkrow: 10
Sneasel: 5
Weavile: 10
Sandslash-Alola: 5
Ninetales-Alola: 5
Beartic: 10
Jynx: 5
Xerneas: 10 → 20
Jigglypuff: 10
Togekiss: 5 → 15
Spritzee: 15
Magearna: 10
Cyndaquil: 15
Tepig: 15
Litten: 10
Solgaleo: 20
Gliscor: 5
Dugtrio: 10
Spooky Gengar: 5
Type: Null: 10
Silvally: 10

New Skill Swapper Options
Kingdra: Cross Attack+
Poliwrath: Big Wave
Politoed: Relentless
Tympole: Spookify
Oshawott: Final Effort
Wishiwashi: Crowd Control+
Bellossom: Paralyse+
Breloom: Rock Shot
Rowlet: Unity Power
Shiftry: Super Cheer
Ferrothorn: Hitting Streak+
Giratina-O: Cross Attack+
Spooky Sableye: Swap++
Misdreavus: Super Cheer
Mismagius: Rock Shot
Yamask: Flash Mob
Banette: Mega Boost++
Drifblim: Barrier Shot
Litwick: Final Effort
Phantump: Rock Break++
Trevenant: Shot Out
Duskull: Block Shot
Hoopa-Unbound: Typeless Combo
Murkrow: Eject++
Honchkrow: Nosedive
Sneasel: Flash Mob
Weavile: Sleep Combo
Beartic: Relentless
Snorunt: Rock Shot
Jynx: Block Shot
Jigglypuff: Last-Ditch Effort
Tepig: Daunt
Gliscor: Nosedive
Spooky Gengar: Poison

All done.

Last edited:

Krokketto Prime Danjal

Done with worldly lies
Those SBLs really love me; got Charmander in the mid-month ch!

I really hope Silvally is not outclassed by the improvements to the mono type boost abilities after the heavy investment I put into it. It's rather unfair that if say, you want a Hoopa U with TC, swapping its ability means it starts with 0 skill points especially if you already gave it 70 for SL5 RT. Why can't the points for the old skill be carried over to the new skill regardless of whether or not the two skills are in the same group points wise?

Nice to have RMLs for the other Ninetales and Darkrai, can't put any on Magearna since I still don't got it.

Competitions, EBs, competitions, EBs; there's no rest and now more new main stages too.

raichu27

I think it's unfair having new stages while having no breaks from escalation battles a lot of times. Plus, I think they need to look into their fans a little more harder.

R_N

Those SBLs really love me; got Charmander in the mid-month ch!

I really hope Silvally is not outclassed by the improvements to the mono type boost abilities after the heavy investment I put into it. It's rather unfair that if say, you want a Hoopa U with TC, swapping its ability means it starts with 0 skill points especially if you already gave it 70 for SL5 RT. Why can't the points for the old skill be carried over to the new skill regardless of whether or not the two skills are in the same group points wise?

Nice to have RMLs for the other Ninetales and Darkrai, can't put any on Magearna since I still don't got it.

Competitions, EBs, competitions, EBs; there's no rest and now more new main stages too.

Silvally will still be useful since it can get 75% on a 3 match. Much more feasible on high disruption stages.

R_N

Why look at the fans when they can look at their wallets.

Yeah, whales are their clear target at this point. I mean they always have, but especially these days.

A while ago, you commented how with each update Shuffle gets worse while FE Heroes gets better and it's really remarkable to compare the 2. Even though one is a strategy Gacha and the other is...a puzzle game in theory they both have the end goal of trying to get people to buy currency to get transient goods. But, even though it's making a lot of money per day, Heroes continues to make wonderful quality of life changes , take fan feedback, and add new stuff to assist. There's content clearly meant for advanced (/lucky) players and an assortment of content that even newcomers can access. Orbs (the currency) and assorted items are generalyl not in short supply for free players. THey've actively made grinding easier to do. Stamina Potions and Duel Crests (the other things you can buy with orbs) are in steep supply; Light Blessings are rarer but due to stamina changes they aren't that needed and no super difficult content has come out that neceessitates them. Indeed the content that would be easiest to wring orbs/blessings out of often forbid it. You now get one free pull on every new banner and it takes the place of the "5 orb" first pull so subsequent pulls on that set are cheaper.
Did you know that the "starter support" stuff that Heroes ran a while back is actually a permanent thing for anyone who starts? No matter when someone starts, they'll be able to pull from the Ike/Ninian/Genny/Julia banner with its 5% 5* focus and 5% normal 5* rates. And get a free 4* Narcian. And I think maybe they still get to choose a free CYL hero?
The most whale baiting thing on offer are the limited-time seasonal banners and even those have gotten an extension from 2 weeks to 1 month.

Contrast with like anything in shuffle, even within its first year. Content is annoying. You're STILL forced to grind on the same 2 stages forever. Constant waves of hard, frankly unfair content. Items are all at once: hard (relatively) to come by in bulk, take forever to actuall make use of (especially RMLs) once you do use them, and sometimes only very marginal improvements. Escalation Battles are constantly coming, they're super long, they get in the way of doing any sort of grinding for other things. Competitions are a disaster. Main Stages have been awful for a while but now are just START OUT as money sinks.

Anyway

I'm not sure what the buffs to the type combo abilities are, but I'm side-eyeing them hard. I mentioned earlier Silvally was key to S RAnking basuclin (with items because *throws arms in air* and I have an awful suspicion that will be a consistent thing moving forward: eat through huge HP totals by hoping you get lucky on combos in fixed move stages with a ton of disruptions that you should be spending your time on instead.

Also an interesting set of new pokemon, huh? The autumn variants (hey a timely main stage addition), the boss is a legendary variant, just randomly throwing Victreebel in as a main stage after months, making shiny genesect as the ex stage. And without Disruption Buster? Considering that ability was in from the start (& only on...Porygon-Z?) I would have thought it was made for it honestly.

Since they're actively dipping into alternates for this, that says to me they just do not want to put alolan pokemon in the main stages at all. This leaves their options very limited. Assuming the zygarde core/cell are going to be eventual events, and that he unowns stick to safari
Wooper, Quagsire
Castform sunny, rainy, overcast
Primal Groudon, Primal Kyogre
Speed Deoxys
Torterra
Empoleon
Burmy-Sand & Wormadam-Sand
Unfezant Female
Deerling-Winter, Sawsbuck-Winter

And then possibly Shiny Hawlucha, Shiny Charizard, Shiny Metagross, Shiny Xerneas &/or Shiny Yveltal.

Tsukuyomi56

Sky High Knight
Pretty much!

Does anyone have any tips for Poliwrath?

If you have it, a candied M-Diancie (with Mega Boost+) is great for getting rid of the barriers on the intial stage and those spawned by the disruptions. Otherwise go with BB+ Raikou and your best anti-Water Pokemon with a good clearing Mega that can evolve quickly.

Cyberra

pain in the ***
Only good thing about timed stages is that you can move icons freely. I set up a 5-match with angrychu that hit for 9k damage and dang near two-shotted poliwrath. Caught it in a regular ball at 45%

Exsception

Born Completionist
No one's posted it here, and I would really like to know what multiplier the combo skills were boosted to. I'm assuming x2?

Also hyped that Darkrai can finally take RMLs. It's been long overdue.

Secundum

Lord Of Order
I think it's unfair having new stages while having no breaks from escalation battles a lot of times. Plus, I think they need to look into their fans a little more harder.

Just skip some of the escalations.

Cyberra

pain in the ***

I've completely ignored the last two escalations. They're coin sinks for pokemon I already have and the items they offer as prizes are getting more and more irrelevant. I'd rather save the coins and try to make some progress on the main stages.

Cyberra

pain in the ***
Anyone still remember any tips for S-ranking mega aggron? I threw everything and the kitchen sink at it and just managed to beat it

For now, m-aggron is the farthest I'm going. Actually had to go back and catch aggron itself since it refused to be caught before. I have a lot of S-ranking to do. Only just unlocked yanmega by heaving the kitchen sink at tentacruel.

To anyone who might get snappy about a "double post," it ain't my damn fault no one else has said anything for the last four days, so buzz off.

R_N

what megas do you have?
It's been a while, but I think I used all items with mega camerupt. I remember Mega Aggron being absolutely terrible and I barely beat the s rank.
Alternatievly, I might have used a mega steelix strat, but that doesn't sound quite right.

Cyberra

pain in the ***
what megas do you have?
It's been a while, but I think I used all items with mega camerupt. I remember Mega Aggron being absolutely terrible and I barely beat the s rank.
Alternatievly, I might have used a mega steelix strat, but that doesn't sound quite right.

I have all of them up to m-aggron, plus m-aggron itself now. Have yet to begin Prasino Woods so I don't have m-gallade but that, m-venusaur, and m-blastoise are the ones I don't have (have to complete those damn mission cards to get their stones)

R_N

Yeah Alolan Marowak is oddly hard to beat? On paper it's really not a hard stage since it doesn't disrupt that frequently and ghost has plenty of SE damage dealers against it, but I guess full board other icons and high hp work for it.
I beat it on my 4th try using Silvally to power up rayquaza and even that barely did it. Thankfully I caught it at 16% with no great ball

Speaking of, people were asking about how much the combo boosters got buffed, right?
Across the board all typed combos were buffed from x1.5 to x2. Double Normal got buffed to x4 presumably so Silvally didn't immeditaely out class it. Ice Dance is the odd outliar because it got buffed only to x1.8 for some reason.
Base chance has remained the same, but several got buffs to their skill levels:
Bug Combo +5%/+10%/+15%/+20% +10%/+15%/+20%/+30%
Ground Forces +10%/+15%/+20%/+25% +15%/+20%/+25%/+30%
Leaf Combo +5%/+10%/+15%/+20% +10%/+15%/+20%/+30%
Pixie Power +20%/+25%/+30%/+40% +20%/+30%/+40%/+60%
Psychic Combo +5%/+10%/+15%/+20% +10%/+15%/+20%/+30%
Rock Combo +5%/+10%/+15%/+20% +10%/+15%/+20%/+30%
Sinister Power +20%/+25%/+30%/+40% +20%/+30%/+40%/+60%

personally i still dont regret buffing up Silvally's SL just because it's easier to have one pokemon my combo needs

And hey while we're on the subject, Alola Marowak's Shadow Dance is a x3 multiplier with a 70% chance of activating (5 match only). +5%/+10%/+20%/+30% rates

Apparently 2 other abilities were added to the code too: Crowd Control+ 15% / 40% / 80% +10%/+25%/+30%/+40% though we don't know the power and Paralyze+ 1% / 15% / 65% +4%/+6%/+8%/+10%

No that's not a typo, it really does have a 1% chance on a 3 match. Why even bother...?

Exsception

Born Completionist
Yeah Alolan Marowak is oddly hard to beat? On paper it's really not a hard stage since it doesn't disrupt that frequently and ghost has plenty of SE damage dealers against it, but I guess full board other icons and high hp work for it.
I beat it on my 4th try using Silvally to power up rayquaza and even that barely did it. Thankfully I caught it at 16% with no great ball

Speaking of, people were asking about how much the combo boosters got buffed, right?
Across the board all typed combos were buffed from x1.5 to x2. Double Normal got buffed to x4 presumably so Silvally didn't immeditaely out class it. Ice Dance is the odd outliar because it got buffed only to x1.8 for some reason.
Base chance has remained the same, but several got buffs to their skill levels:
Bug Combo +5%/+10%/+15%/+20% +10%/+15%/+20%/+30%
Ground Forces +10%/+15%/+20%/+25% +15%/+20%/+25%/+30%
Leaf Combo +5%/+10%/+15%/+20% +10%/+15%/+20%/+30%
Pixie Power +20%/+25%/+30%/+40% +20%/+30%/+40%/+60%
Psychic Combo +5%/+10%/+15%/+20% +10%/+15%/+20%/+30%
Rock Combo +5%/+10%/+15%/+20% +10%/+15%/+20%/+30%
Sinister Power +20%/+25%/+30%/+40% +20%/+30%/+40%/+60%

personally i still dont regret buffing up Silvally's SL just because it's easier to have one pokemon my combo needs

And hey while we're on the subject, Alola Marowak's Shadow Dance is a x3 multiplier with a 70% chance of activating (5 match only). +5%/+10%/+20%/+30% rates

Apparently 2 other abilities were added to the code too: Crowd Control+ 15% / 40% / 80% +10%/+25%/+30%/+40% though we don't know the power and Paralyze+ 1% / 15% / 65% +4%/+6%/+8%/+10%

No that's not a typo, it really does have a 1% chance on a 3 match. Why even bother...?

Thank you. I'm glad that somebody finally got back to me on the combo skills' buffs. I did eventually feed Silvally to SL5, and I don't regret it.

As for Marowak, I actually found it exceedingly easy as I S-ranked it on the first attempt with a team of (I think) M-Absol, (15/SL3) Hoopa, (10/SL5) Darkrai, (10/SL3) and Zoroark (13/SL2). GB'ed and caught at 88%. Maybe I got lucky, or maybe I just had the right Pokemon. You be the judge.