• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokémon Shuffle General Discussion

Krokketto Prime Danjal

Done with worldly lies
Pikissues aka Angry Pikachu, what is the point to this piece of 'waste' apart from getting me angry. It’s utterly useless for moves based stages, S. Bolt never fires on any match and it’s failed so many times on fives. For ages I had wanted to max it out but never had enough RMLs to dedicate solely to it. Now, I regret even giving it 3 RMLs and SL4. Probably would be better off just investing heavily in Zapdos.

I have come so close to rage quitting this game after failing Volcanion 200, five times with MS, M+5 Tyranitar, Shaymin, Electivire and StupidPikissues/ Emolga/ Silvally. RNG at its finest! Didn’t have this much trouble the first time.

Also, I don’t care for the SS rewards from this EB. Where are the speed ups or skill boosters M/L?

Cyberra

pain in the ***
Angrychu is my strongest electric-type in terms of high attack power. Even if Super Bolt doesn't go off he packs a punch. And when it does go off... I managed to trigger it on a match of 5 against poliwrath and took out 3/4 of its health in one shot

R_N

Silvally is like the perfect partner for Rayquaza. Ray/Silvally/Mew level 15 and a croagunk and i s ranked croagunk' stage with like 2 activations no items

I'm actually at toxicorak now, but i hadn't s ranked shelgon or croagunk so i bactracked.....toxicroak seems absolutely awful, incidentally.

Cyberra

pain in the ***
I've S-ranked up to 291 now. Caught some of the 'mons I missed the first time around but others continue to be pests who refuse to stay in the balls. Ludicolo unlocked the int EX stages; working my way up to the next one. Then I actually have to catch some of the expert 'mons...

New Content
Free Shiny Gengar
Mega Banette Competition (Bring Marowak-Alola)

Returning Content
Spooky Gengar Once-a-Day (Drops PSB's)
Mimikyu Great Challenge (Drops PSB's)
Dhelmise Great Challenge
Hoopa-Unbound Ultra Challenge (Drops PSB's, RML's)
Latias Escalation Battle
Daily Pokémon #2 (Drops Coins)
Alola-specific weekly events

Future Content
Xurkitree UB Challenge (20k coins for 10 attempts, 5× Exp. Booster L for winning first time)
Drifblim Great Challenge (Drops PSB's)
Litten Great Challenge (Drops PSB's)
Palossand Great Challenge
Mimikyu Scoring Challenge (MOBILE ONLY)
Daily Poémon #3 (Drops Coins)

Event Pokémon
Shiny Gengar: Base 70 Ghost-type w/ Blindside.
Shiny Mega Gengar: Ghost-type, 11 icons, 3 speedups, Erases a group of Pokémon in the middle at once.
Dhelmise: Base 70 Ghost-type w/ Hitting Streak+.
Xurkitree: Base 70 Electric-type w/ Conduction.
Palossand: Base 60 Ground-type w/ Eject++.

EB Prizes
Lv5: 300× Coin
Lv10: 500× Coin
Lv20: 1,000× Coin
Lv25: 1× Mega Speedup
Lv35: 1× Exp. Booster M
Lv50: 1× Latiasite / 1× Mega Speedup
Lv65: 2× Exp. Booster M
Lv70: 1× Mega Speedup
Lv85: 3,000× Coin
Lv100: 1× Skill Swapper
Lv125: 3× Raise Max Level
Lv150: 2× Level Up
Lv175: 1× Skill Booster M
Lv200: 6× Raise Max Level

All done.

Conduction is basically Electric Combo for those concerned about Xurkitree's ability.

Last edited:

Krokketto Prime Danjal

Done with worldly lies
I almost missed it but it looks like they’ve altered the opening title screen which features Pokémon fitting the (silly) upcoming time of year.

Exsception

Born Completionist
So Mega Shiny Gengar is a Mega Medicham clone? That sucks. But what's the deal with Blindside? Does it have a good damage multiplier at higher skill levels or is it just a bad Shot Out?

I hope you're feeling lucky, because Banette's comp has a 3-Pokemon Complexity after purchasing the C-1. Optimal team is M-Gengar, Lunala, and A-Marowak.

So Mega Shiny Gengar is a Mega Medicham clone? That sucks. But what's the deal with Blindside? Does it have a good damage multiplier at higher skill levels or is it just a bad Shot Out?

Literally a more reliable Quirky+ that deals up to 4× DMG at SL5. Which is very counterproductive if your goal is to mega evolve Shiny Gengar since it removes itself, making it take longer to evolve.

---

Also surprise surprise Latias EB is being treadmillled. Blocks are the forced support on the 5 support stages, blocks from 150 onwards on 4 support is the default if you carry a blank slot, HP increases in general, getting egregious in the 190's where 199 needs over 70k HP to win and 200 is over 100k HP. I'll probably go for the SBM and then get out, maybe stop at 150?

R_N

I was looking ahead in the main stages and it blows my mind they added a repeat meowth stage..........................then did not put coins in it.
This is worse than having a repeat Ampharos stage and not giving more exp

Cyberra

pain in the ***
My last run at Competition Roulette netted me a score just under 579K. I am extremely pleased with that; it's my highest score on a competition yet. Back to meowth for now, though.

Edit: Been doing mission cards. Got the blastoisinite stone finally. Hardest part of that whole card turned out to be getting Burn to trigger twice XP. Working on the venusaurite now. And actually have to catch venusaur... I never bothered because I have more powerful grass-types and didn't have its mega stone.

Last edited:

R_N

Xurkitree can be kind of a pain. It disrupts a pallosand and a lot of rando clutter. I suggest bringing garchomp rather than camerupt. there's just too many to get with 2 taps. Could probably get away with rayquaza. Absolutely catch, level up & bring Pallosand, it will likely combo and get rid of the clutter pretty easily.

By the way there's nothing special about Conduction
Trigger Chance 20%/60%/90%
Damage x2
Level 1 20%/60%/90% 5
Level 2 30%/70%/100% 25
Level 3 40%/80%/100% 40
Level 4 50%/90%/100% 50
Level 5 60%/100%/100% N/A

I didn't realize it, actually, but did electric really not have a combo booster? A billion pikachus but not the electric combo??

Cyberra

pain in the ***
Xurkitree is mine. I beat it first try, but with 0 moves left. Got an SCP up to 82% and snagged it in a great ball.

Back to meowth. Again.

R_N

Hey when are we supposed to get the pikachu for all the check ins last month? I thought it was usually the third or fourth

Cyberra

pain in the ***
Hey when are we supposed to get the pikachu for all the check ins last month? I thought it was usually the third or fourth

Maybe the next Tuesday update? They always seemed to come on Tuesdays, at least to me.

Back up to over 70k coins. Once I get up to max, I'll start another round of S-ranking and catching.

R_N

Maybe the next Tuesday update? They always seemed to come on Tuesdays, at least to me.

Back up to over 70k coins. Once I get up to max, I'll start another round of S-ranking and catching.

Ah, yeah, that'd make sense. Being in the list already threw me off, though.

I'm up to Cherrim now in the main stages. Turtwig-Buneary was actually not terrible (Cherubi I s ranked without items on the first go) but Hippowdon took a few tries to S rank even with items. Settled on Rayquaza (regular), Shaymin (level 15), Greninja-A, Silvally. Several of the others didn't even require a DD, so I was able to make do with only ~20k spent out of hte 50k I built up. That includes 2 great balls for Turtwig.

Ugh see Grotle up ahead though, can't wait to waste great balls on that thing!