• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokémon Shuffle General Discussion

Alatar VGC

House Greyjoy
We (Mobile players in EU/USA) got an apology with the log in this morning and 30 Hearts.

Not an explanation, but who cares? Just hope that the shambles earlier this week was a one off and doesn't become a regular thing :v

R_N

Sheesh, finally. S Ranked everything up to Abomasnow. I kind of hamstrung myself by using Aggron and not Tyranitar, but a clutch Solgaleo proc worked in my favor so... Don't have enough coins to really try dugtrio

So we got a surprise update.

In addition to the content we were expecting to get, we also got a free Rayquaza and two new stages.

One is a "Level MAX" challenge with Rayquaza. This is essentially a mini EB (only 45 stages), except it is designed around helping you get Rayquaza to the max level, giving you a Skill Swapper on the first stage for you to Skill Swap to give it Shot Out, and then there are rewards for the rest of the stage like RML's and Exp. Boosters to help you get Rayquaza to Level 15. Also the stages are designed that you use Rayquaza's Shot Out ability to have an easier time, and the stages across the challenge will drop enough PSB's to guarantee SL5 Shot Out by the time you get the final reward. There are boss stages, but compared to the EB's we have been putting up with, the boss stages are easy.

The other is an Ultra Challenge with Necrozma. Two hearts to play, 47k HP, fifth support in Unown-EX. It's a stage that is doable without C-1 but you need good skill boosted abilities so C-1 isn't a bad idea. Catch rate is bad enough that I failed to catch it with GB's before it ran away and had to get the 10k coins back through GB reset exploit. It's a Base 80 AP Psychic-type with Destruction (Destroys 1 Block and deals 5× DMG, goes up to 9× DMG with skill boosting and needs 200 PSB's to max. 80/90/100 Rates), and it takes up to 20 RML's.

Necrozma is a dumb stage, but the Rayquaza mini-EB is actually a good thing. Too bad I maxed its Shot Out with boosters a fair time ago for SM 2.0 reasons... -.-'

Last edited:

Cyberra

pain in the ***
I'm working on the rayquaza thing. Mine's already lvl 15, but I'll take all the rewards for other 'mons. And having a lvl 5 Shot Out isn't a bad thing.

Exsception

Born Completionist
Wow. What was originally going to be one of the most boring Tuesdays in Shuffle History turned into one of the most exciting. Well played, GS, well played.

I did use some cookies on Ray's SO, but I only took it to SL3 so I'm still going to benefit greatly from the MAX Rayquaza Challenge.

Krokketto Prime Danjal

Done with worldly lies
So do I have to swap Rayquaza’s skill whether or not it makes the stages easier? Its Dragon Talon was the very first skill I ever boosted and I kind of want it to keep it. Are any of the prizes transferable? My Ray is already lv 15.

Cyberra

pain in the ***
So do I have to swap Rayquaza’s skill whether or not it makes the stages easier? Its Dragon Talon was the very first skill I ever boosted and I kind of want it to keep it. Are any of the prizes transferable? My Ray is already lv 15.

Having Shot Out makes it easier in the opening moves. But I understand... I got groudon's Quake to SL5 and I don't want to change it, either. The personal skill boosters only work for rayquaza, but the rest of the level prizes can be used for any 'mon in your stable

I am quite pleased to report that you don't get just one PSB per level... For the first few it's just one, then after level 5-ish you get two guaranteed, and after level 10 (or maybe when ray reaches SL2, not entirely sure) it guarantee-drops three. I'm up to level 16 and my rayquaza just hit SL3

Last edited:

Tsukuyomi56

Emblian Royalty
Early stages are not too tough without Shot Out Rayquaza but from reading the stage breakdown on the Pokemon Shuffle subreddit some of the later stages can get a bit tough as you do not get the benefit of the Rayquaza spawns to clear away the good amount of junk icons spawned.

Krokketto Prime Danjal

Done with worldly lies
Primarina was only a week. I only just managed to reach 140 before the update, I did mess up a 135+4 skip which would have made it less marginal. Not sure if I would have gone all out for the level ups though.

I know the Shot abilities are the big thing right now and I may reluctantly swap it after all. Despite getting over 10000 coins on Meowth last weekend I still need to spend at least a day on Meowth 37 to recover coins since this game constantly throws costly stages at us before playing anything else.

R_N

ugh i used up a ton of coins getting s ranks because i didnt think we'd be dealing with a disaster like necrozma
least it's around for 2 weeks

raichu27

Got to beat a short escalation battle in one day without losing at single level. Glad I get to have more time to catch up on main stages. :)

R_N

I feel like shot out rayquaza is a nice gift but with like...an asterisk
because it's rayquaza so you're probably either using it as a mega start mega (ignoring shot out entirely) or it will be used for One Specific Stage

something with actual type advantage would be more appreciated.

oh well, the RMLs and exp boosters are appreciated

WishIhadaManafi5

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before.
Staff member
A lot of the challenge levels I'm not even bothering with. Especially the 20k coin pay up ones. Hard pass on them. Not gonna waste the money. Just playing now to earn money as is.

Lord Fighting

Bank Ball Collector
All items on Necrozma and 13% capture rate -.-
Luckily 2 great balls at 26% caught it. Terrible stage

Secundum

Lord Of Order
Is a full item run the only way to do Necrozma then? What's the ideal team to take?

Exsception

Born Completionist
Is a full item run the only way to do Necrozma then? What's the ideal team to take?

Yes, if you want any chance of getting a decent catch rate then you need a full item run. Most people bring M-T-Tar, Hoopa-U, Zoroark/Silvally, and another strong SE 'Mon.

And for those that didn't know, Destruction has a x5 multiplier at SL1, and a x9 multiplier at SL5, making it quite a viable skill. Only downside is that it needs 200 Skill Points to hit SL5, which is 80 more than most skills.

WishIhadaManafi5

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before.
Staff member
I'm pretty much screwed against any of the Ubers now. Even with items. Most of the time I'm just trying to earn in game money and I just avoid trying to get any of them for the most part. It's not worth it.