• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokémon Shuffle General Discussion

R_N

I'm pretty much screwed against any of the Ubers now. Even with items. Most of the time I'm just trying to earn in game money and I just avoid trying to get any of them for the most part. It's not worth it.

The good news is that until they update the game for USUM, this will be the last new Ultra challenge unless they decide to put the Primals here. Bad news being htat once they do, necrozma-dusk, necruzoma-dawn and necrozma-ultra will all almost certainly be Ultra Challenges. Which...great....
Although Necrozma-U would make a pretty good final boss.....

In contrast the ultra beast challenges after nihilego (which was, i think we can all agree, an unmitigated disaster) have somehow become one of the better balanced challenges in the game. Since they have literal high cost barrier their stages have become easier, you get 10 tries, you get extra goodies and they became way less of a pain to take down.

WishIhadaManafi5

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before.
Staff member
The good news is that until they update the game for USUM, this will be the last new Ultra challenge unless they decide to put the Primals here. Bad news being htat once they do, necrozma-dusk, necruzoma-dawn and necrozma-ultra will all almost certainly be Ultra Challenges. Which...great....
Although Necrozma-U would make a pretty good final boss.....

In contrast the ultra beast challenges after nihilego (which was, i think we can all agree, an unmitigated disaster) have somehow become one of the better balanced challenges in the game. Since they have literal high cost barrier their stages have become easier, you get 10 tries, you get extra goodies and they became way less of a pain to take down.

Yea.

And as for those challenges... I've skipped them too. Since yet again they're aimed at Wailords (the Pokemon version of whales = people who spend a lot of money in game). 20k Pokecoins for that is just too rich for my blood. I'd use up all of the coins I have and then some on it and the costs outweighs the benefits there.

R_N

Yea.

And as for those challenges... I've skipped them too. Since yet again they're aimed at Wailords (the Pokemon version of whales = people who spend a lot of money in game). 20k Pokecoins for that is just too rich for my blood. I'd use up all of the coins I have and then some on it and the costs outweighs the benefits there.

i was about to argue about how none of us whale but that involves standing up for shuffle which it just

does not deserve (much like necrozma)

WishIhadaManafi5

Staff member
i was about to argue about how none of us whale but that involves standing up for shuffle which it just

does not deserve (much like necrozma)

I know. It's just how some players play (not on here, but on mobile games sometimes). They have the dough, so they spend it, and a lot of game developers tend to make the games more aimed towards them than general players.

R_N

I know. It's just how some players play (not on here, but on mobile games sometimes). They have the dough, so they spend it, and a lot of game developers tend to make the games more aimed towards them than general players.

Oh definitely. Just look at the current state of competitions and most escalations. Also why does the Rayquaza escalation continue past 45 if there's no more prizes? They should do more of these, though, it was very simple and you got good things out of it.

I just caught Necrozma incidentally and the worst part is i almost didn't. I was a fool and didn't go in with 2 great balls in reserve, did a full item run (equally stupid: i took moves+5), had terrible luck getting combos, ability triggers, and combos with abilitiy triggers and finished with 10 real moves left for a rate of 23%. It didn't even shake! And Had I not gotten the SCP to 89% i have doubts to catching it.

WishIhadaManafi5

Staff member
Oh definitely. Just look at the current state of competitions and most escalations. Also why does the Rayquaza escalation continue past 45 if there's no more prizes? They should do more of these, though, it was very simple and you got good things out of it.

I just caught Necrozma incidentally and the worst part is i almost didn't. I was a fool and didn't go in with 2 great balls in reserve, did a full item run (equally stupid: i took moves+5), had terrible luck getting combos, ability triggers, and combos with abilitiy triggers and finished with 10 real moves left for a rate of 23%. It didn't even shake! And Had I not gotten the SCP to 89% i have doubts to catching it.

I agree about that. So many people winning with guys they couldn't get unless they spend a lot of in game coins. I agree. I love it. Been playing as much of it as I can.

Dang. Congrats on getting it. But it sucks that you have to do that much just to even have a remote chance for it. I had a good team set up for it and didn't even come close.

Secundum

Lord Of Order
Got Necrozma, though it took two Great Balls and all items. Still, I was at 95k coins, so still have tomorrow to grind back up to 90k. Rayquaza was done earlier in the week. Itemless all the way except for the last, which was Mega Started.

New Content
Zygarde-Complete Competition (Bring Alolan Sandslash)

Returning Content
Cosmoem Once-a-Day (Drops PSB, Exp. Booster M, Skill Booster L)
Alolan Sandslash Great Challenge (Drops PSB's)
Araquanid Great Challenge (Drops PSB's)
Popplio Great Challenge (Drops PSB's)
Daily Pokémon #7 (Drops Coins)

Future Content
N/A - One Week Update

Event Pokémon
N/A

EB Prizes
N/A

All done.

Got SL5 Unity Power Rowlet this week. Another decent burst vs. water. If I went for SL5 Rock Shot, my drop rate was bad enough that I would not have made it.

raichu27

That Alolan Sandslash stage's catch rate is bad. Plus, it's taking a lot of tries for me to catch it. It's also a waste of coins.

Krokketto Prime Danjal

Done with worldly lies
I managed to climb back up to max coins after a good day’s Meowth grinding (before the latest update) and proceeded to take on Necrozma. I threw all items at it and a nice mo3 SP combo finished it off giving me a catch rate of 29%. Necrozma stayed in the Pokéball like a good beast!

I did swap Rayquaza’s skill and now it’s perfected. The mini EB was no problem apart from me being a bit careless on a stage in the late 30s. All done itemless.

I have got up to Deoxys in the main stages but haven’t tried it yet. I also need to get S ranks on all but one of the stages in the latest area.

I got a red box for the first time since near the beginning of the year from one of the coin dropping dailies on Monday.

Still haven’t caught Magearna...

Cyberra

pain in the ***
About to finish another mission card. Been working on cards 9 and 10; like pretty much everybody else, I am ignoring the black cloud mission on yveltal. A skill swapper is not worth that headache.

New Content
Free Shiny Gardevoir
Magearna EB
Winking Froakie Great Challenge
Ribombee Great Challenge
Celesteela UB Challenge (20,000 Coins for 10 plays, 5× Exp. Booster L for first win)

Returning Content
Alolan Raichu Great Challenge (Drops PSB's)
Mudsdale Great Challenge (Drops PSB's)
Daily Pokémon #8 (Drops Coins)
Victini/K-Meowth/Wobbuffet/Carnivine Rotation

Future Content
Start of Month Challenge
Mega Gardevoir Competition (Bring Toxapex, Celesteela)
Incineroar EB
New Safari (Cutiefly 30% / Morelull 26.67% / Winking Flabébé 23.33% / Winking Floette 10% / Winking Snubbull 6.67% / Shiinotic 3.33%)
Winking Fennekin Great Challenge
Toxapex Great Challenge
Salazzle Great Challenge (Drops PSB's)
Daily Pokémon #9 (Drops Coins)

Event Pokémon
Shiny Gardevoir: Base 70 Fairy-type w/ Stabilise.
Shiny Mega Gardevoir: Fairy-type, 10 icons, 4 speedups, erases icons in an O-Shaped pattern.
Winking Fennekin: Base 50 Water-type w/ Pyre.
Winking Froakie: Base 50 Water-type w/ Big Wave.
Cutiefly: Base 50 Fairy-type w/ Crowd Control+.
Ribombee: Base 60 Fairy-type w/ Paralyse+.
Celesteela: Base 70 Steel-type w/ Eliminate (Removes all non-supports).
Winking Flabébé: Base 50 Fairy-type w/ Mega Boost++.
Winking Floette: Base 60 Fairy-type w/ Quirky++.
Winking Snubbull: Base 50 Fairy-type w/ Spookify+.
Morelull: Base 40 Grass-type w/ Stabilise++.
Shiinotic: Base 60 Grass-type w/ Shot Out. Can take up to 5 RML's.
Toxapex: Base 60 Poison-type w/ Barrier Shot. Can take up to 5 RML's.

EB Prizes
Magearna

Lv1: 1× Exp. Booster S
Lv5: 1× Exp. Booster S
Lv10: 2× Exp. Booster S
Lv15: 3× Exp. Booster S
Lv20: 1× Exp. Booster M
Lv25: 2× Exp. Booster M
Lv30: 1× Mega Speedup
Lv35: 3× Exp. Booster M
Lv40: 4× Exp. Booster M
Lv45: 1× Exp. Booster L
Lv50: 1× Skill Swapper
Lv60: 1× Raise Max Level
Lv70: 2× Raise Max Level
Lv80: 3× Raise Max Level
Lv90: 4× Raise Max Level
Lv96: 5× Exp. Booster L
Lv97: 1× Level Up
Lv98: 1× Skill Booster M
Lv99: 2× Level Up
Lv100: 1× Skill Swapper

Incineroar
---

More to come.

Last edited:

R_N

Oh right winking pokemon. Been ages since the last one.

It's so weird and dumb that we got Pallossand and Toxapex before Sandygast and Mareanie
Celesteela might be great if late assuming it has decent proc rates

Exsception

Born Completionist
Oh right winking pokemon. Been ages since the last one.

It's so weird and dumb that we got Pallossand and Toxapex before Sandygast and Mareanie
Celesteela might be great if late assuming it has decent proc rates

Eliminate's proc rates can go as high as 48/58/78. It's not great.

Already have all 3 new Pokemon caught, but man, Ribombee's catch rate shouldn't even be legal.

Cyberra

pain in the ***
Got squirtle from the start-of-month challenge. I was close to max coins already so some of them got wasted. Decided to burn some of those coins and went to harass the expert stage 'mons. Caught malamar, gliscor, and walrein. Had to throw everything plus the kitchen sink at gliscor to be able to catch it... That stage is horrible XP

I'm setting up for honchkrow, arcanine, and maybe yanmega once my hearts regen.

Krokketto Prime Danjal

Done with worldly lies
Necrozma, Celesteela, the new winkers and even defensive Deoxys have all been captured first time in Pokéballs!

After trying and failing for most of the year Magearna finally got caught in its escalation... on level 2! That was a good EB too. Got mostly +5 skips and cleared virtually half of it thanks to NHN. I only needed to use items to beat stages 96-99 the rest were all itemless. I didn’t do 100 because I already have 26 skill swappers piled up and I wasn’t going to pay for full items just for one more. Why does GS do that? Expect you to pay for all items just for one particular prize when that same prize was awarded earlier on and for much less expense, at least give 2 SS, duh.

I only have Victreebel and Octillary left to S rank. If you haven’t already done so get Silvally or Hoopa U to TC SL5. Silvally really helped me achieve quite a few S ranks on the cheap and destroy a few bosses too.

Caught Toxapex and winking Snubbull already. If Snubbull is a rare Safari Pokémon (special background) it appeared first for me.

raichu27

I think it's weird having a 7 day escalation battle with a new 7 day safari, competition, and a 20,000 coin ultra beast catch. Plus, it would make it harder to catch up on an escalation battle that way.

I was lucky to be able to catch up on some main stages with a short easy escalation battle from a few weeks ago. Plus, I've got all the mega evolution except for Mega Gallade. Things like that are nice to have once in a while.