• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokémon Shuffle General Discussion

Exsception

Born Completionist
Doesn't work every single time. Sometimes the skyfall screws you out of 400 of those 900 coins. Thankfully I got the sparkly red present and the 2k coins it contained to cover what the skyfall screwed me out of.

But It's very rare that the skyfall combo will be large enough to KO the Pokemon. If it happens to someone frequently, then they're probably making a mistake somewhere.

R_N

Methinks this game is starting to lose its support. It's starting to become a little too generous with the special events.

The escalation helping you max Shiny Diancie's skill is fishy.

It's better than their previous (& on-going...) plan of horrible stages and terrible competitions to squeeze whales. I've not even competed in the past like...5 (at least!) competitions, I can't imagine those results are very good these days.

Trainer Yusuf

VolcaniNO
Methinks this game is starting to lose its support. It's starting to become a little too generous with the special events.

Ignoring the mobile version, GS can always bring back conventional Trozei, so
whatever happens here is not too significant.

Nah not really; there's enough whales spending money on the Mobile version going around to keep the game afloat, and the subtle changes going around like Eevee/Victini repeats allowing you to spend up to 14 jewels for extra tries and the Start of/Middle of Month Challenges as well as the upcoming Holiday of Month challenges are going to make them spend more to get all the things, helping their revenue.

That said, I finished levelling up Shiny Diancie's skill to SL5, getting the final PSB's on stage 256 (because I took anger skips) and stopping. 250 was being a pain however (Didn't help that Nihilego is quite unreliable) but that's now past me and also gives me low enough coins to probably spend the upcoming Thursday getting coins back on Holiday Snover. Oh well, dealing with the new main stages for now.

R_N

Nah not really; there's enough whales spending money on the Mobile version going around to keep the game afloat, and the subtle changes going around like Eevee/Victini repeats allowing you to spend up to 14 jewels for extra tries and the Start of/Middle of Month Challenges as well as the upcoming Holiday of Month challenges are going to make them spend more to get all the things, helping their revenue.

That said, I finished levelling up Shiny Diancie's skill to SL5, getting the final PSB's on stage 256 (because I took anger skips) and stopping. 250 was being a pain however (Didn't help that Nihilego is quite unreliable) but that's now past me and also gives me low enough coins to probably spend the upcoming Thursday getting coins back on Holiday Snover. Oh well, dealing with the new main stages for now.

there's a difference between losing whales (death kneel for the game) and losing general support.
Which I think they absolutely were/are just because of their insane design philosophy they've done for the past like year. The changes made recently are clearly to entice F2P players to stick around because while whales will keep things afloat you prrrobably want more people in general to be playing your game. And, probably more importantly, try to bring in new players who will hopefully start whaling.

Also it is *insane* that 3 years into the game they finally go "OH WAIT we should probably let whales use victini more than twice"

Also I just got past Mismagius and wowwwwww that was a hideous stage. Victreebel is a giant HP wall but at least the stage itself isn't cancer.

Cyberra

pain in the ***
I pushed ahead in the main stages again and have cleared mega gallade. Now I'm working on re-coining. Also have to catch that special stages dugtrio still.

Exsception

Born Completionist
Just a reminder that Holiday Snover is here again for the rest of the day. Utilize it as much as possible.

R_N

I burned a ton of resources on Snover to get to 78k then victreebel required a second run with all items becuase wowza does that thing have entirely too much HP. Least I caught it without a great ball so I can write off early attempts.

Still have 42 banked hearts so I'll snover up the rest. Hopefully I hit some more red gifts and maybe hit 90k. I hit the extra 100 coin gifts pretty often, at least, and sometimes I can eek out an extra 3 match on the final move so its adds up. Weekend meowth can take care of the remainder

e: I decided to try Bewear's stage after getting to 90k
this is terrible. i tried 3 times and didn't beat it. I guess the intent is Psychic Combo/Typless Combo Deoxys-A + Attack Power

e2: Oh my god even with that this is such garbage. Just pop a complexity and be done with it. The ONLY good thing about thsi is the high catch rate and i STILL needed a SCP 22k on this stupid thing!

Last edited:

Krokketto Prime Danjal

Done with worldly lies
I don’t like Victini moving to Fridays. It means I can no longer use it twice on a competition week without Jewels of course.

My Dugtrio has reached SL5. I’ve no idea how many coins it took to get there, I’d estimate at least 50000 as I was swapping between it and Snover. It gave me 3 RMLs.

I tried Bewear with DD and +5 and only did about 70% damage. I will have to go back in with at least the attack boost as well but it can wait till next week probably while I prep for the competition and do another 40+ levels of *Diancie*.

R_N

Is the Dugtiro special stage exactly the same as the EX stage? I have it unlocked I just never did it.

Krokketto Prime Danjal

Done with worldly lies
Is the Dugtiro special stage exactly the same as the EX stage? I have it unlocked I just never did it.

No, the special stage has much less HP. I really struggled with the EX stage. I rarely beat it even with that cross attack glitch we had as it disrupts you so frequently. I went back to it just a few days before the special stage appeared and got lucky in catching it. Preferably set up freeze+ or sleep charm (much less helpful) and hit hard with SE Unity Power. Bring a block/ rock eating Mega. LDE could help too although I never used it here.

R_N

No, the special stage has much less HP. I really struggled with the EX stage. I rarely beat it even with that cross attack glitch we had as it disrupts you so frequently. I went back to it just a few days before the special stage appeared and got lucky in catching it. Preferably set up freeze+ or sleep charm (much less helpful) and hit hard with SE Unity Power. Bring a block/ rock eating Mega. LDE could help too although I never used it here.

Oh wow, that's really good then. I'll try capturing it in the special stages then. Good thing nothing requires EX stages to be beaten!

Secundum

Lord Of Order
Got up t0 200 in the escalation. Is it worth pushing on, or does 250 need stupid amounts of items?

Secundum

Lord Of Order
Eh, back to Ampharos for a bit I guess.

Krokketto Prime Danjal

Done with worldly lies
I wanted anything other than Bulbasaur. I got Bulbasaur...

Yeah, for 245-249 you will need attack boost and M+5 and hope that you get to skip some of that section. I didn’t get to skip any of it and I even failed a level with just the attack. I just beat 250 and used everything except DD and finished with 1 move left but it will depend on what team you’re using. Mine was Aggron, Toxapex, Mawile and re-perfected Silvally. I’m continuing because I’m about 9 points from Diancie’s SL5.

R_N

bleugh, Tyranitar Round 2 suuucks. way too much HP to s rank this stupid thing. I'll proibably do a complexity

But first, I'm at Defense Deoxys and i have heard the horror stories of people attempting multiple full item runs and failing to s rank it (much less capturing). Anyone got good tips