• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokémon Shuffle General Discussion

Exsception

Born Completionist
Whoever made Bewear's stage needs to be fired.

Eh, it's really not that bad. It eats some coins like all Ultra challenges do, but it's not that pricey. Bring a team of a Tapper+Combo Booster+Beatstick and you shouldn't need more than C-1 and DD. Some advanced players have even cleared it without the C-1.

R_N

oh defense deoxys actually wasn't that bad. Gengar/Silvally (level 10, SL5), Hoopa-U (level 10, SL4), Shiny Tyranitar (level 10, SL1, only ever went off like twice though), all items. Beat it first try with 15 moves left, then caught it at 40% without a great ball. I guess people suggest tappers to help clear out more of the barriers and the left column blocks + deoxys skyfall, but gengar with a combo booster seriously puts in a lot of work.

Silvally....thank you. I might actually invest some RMLs into it just to up its damage output even more. I've also started investing in TC Deoyxs-A, just so I have an alternate for certain stages.

Speaking of I think I need to start investing in electric burst damage. I've put it off long enough but these water & flying bulky stages are slowly eroding my will to live. Is Super Bolt still the go-to for this. Does it matter which pikachu

Secundum

Lord Of Order
Eh, it's really not that bad. It eats some coins like all Ultra challenges do, but it's not that pricey. Bring a team of a Tapper+Combo Booster+Beatstick and you shouldn't need more than C-1 and DD. Some advanced players have even cleared it without the C-1.

You don't even need to be an advanced player...Just take Mewtwo + Deo or Salamence + Sky Blast with Moves +5 and DD.

Cyberra

pain in the ***
Cleared the mega sharpedo main stage. I'm catching up... Slowly, but I am catching up. Got a buttload of S-ranking and catching to go back and do, though. Still haven't even unlocked poliwrath's EX stage.

Unfortunately for me, this marks where GS started to lose their frakking minds and Pak Adi Yak, whose videos I have been watching for tips on how to clear and later S stages, stopped playing. I am probably going to be burning a lot of coins unless I can find other YT videos of the coming stages for tips.

Speaking of I think I need to start investing in electric burst damage. I've put it off long enough but these water & flying bulky stages are slowly eroding my will to live. Is Super Bolt still the go-to for this. Does it matter which pikachu

Angry Pikachu (Super Bolt) isn't really good nowadays, too unreliable. Better options tend to be raising some of the Cap Pikachus for bursts (Sinnoh [Block Shot] and Alola [Shot Out] are the better ones though they are specific and though Shot Out's situationability can be mitigated with a blank spots, some stages will employ rocks/blocks as replacements instead). If you want to got for Hyper Bolt for last turn bursts, Original Cap has the most useless ability of the lot though Kalos Pikachu can be an option.

There's also Xurkitree SS for Beast Power which starts at 7× and for 8 SBS you can get it to SL4 for 9.1× DMG. However 17/53/73 rates aren't the pinnacle of reliability either (better than Super Bolt). There was also Luxray which was fairly decent with boosted Cross Attack+ but that PSB farm ship sailed long ago and CA+ is situational and not 100% reliable. There are probably a few others that I am missing here.

Simply put, there just isn't much in the way of great bursts for Electric-types outside of Pikachu variants.

R_N

Angry Pikachu (Super Bolt) isn't really good nowadays, too unreliable. Better options tend to be raising some of the Cap Pikachus for bursts (Sinnoh [Block Shot] and Alola [Shot Out] are the better ones though they are specific and though Shot Out's situationability can be mitigated with a blank spots, some stages will employ rocks/blocks as replacements instead). If you want to got for Hyper Bolt for last turn bursts, Original Cap has the most useless ability of the lot though Kalos Pikachu can be an option.

There's also Xurkitree SS for Beast Power which starts at 7× and for 8 SBS you can get it to SL4 for 9.1× DMG. However 17/53/73 rates aren't the pinnacle of reliability either (better than Super Bolt). There was also Luxray which was fairly decent with boosted Cross Attack+ but that PSB farm ship sailed long ago and CA+ is situational and not 100% reliable. There are probably a few others that I am missing here.

Simply put, there just isn't much in the way of great bursts for Electric-types outside of Pikachu variants.
Ugh, that's awful. I guess I'll go with Luxray then, and then maybe do one of the ___ Out pikachus next time those cycle in. Unity Power & Nosedive are about my limit for shitty burst damage proc rates, I think having to rely on Super Bolt or Beast Power would be even worse.

Cleared the mega sharpedo main stage. I'm catching up... Slowly, but I am catching up. Got a buttload of S-ranking and catching to go back and do, though. Still haven't even unlocked poliwrath's EX stage.

Unfortunately for me, this marks where GS started to lose their frakking minds and Pak Adi Yak, whose videos I have been watching for tips on how to clear and later S stages, stopped playing. I am probably going to be burning a lot of coins unless I can find other YT videos of the coming stages for tips.

For what it's worth it seems like theres like 3 or 4 spanish players (rayozaku is i think the one i most reference) who still play it and put up videos. I've referenced a few for stages and such. And doing a quick check on youtube there's also purple kyogre for english players.

Secundum

Lord Of Order
Why do people even need to use Walkthroughs to clear stages anyway? It's just a little bit of trial and error. It's not too hard to work out the required combination of items after doing a stage.

Also you don't want to SS Xurkitree. It's the best Electric Combo enabler.

R_N

Why do people even need to use Walkthroughs to clear stages anyway? It's just a little bit of trial and error. It's not too hard to work out the required combination of items after doing a stage.

walkthroughs can be handy to see what a stage is like to completion without wasting a heart or how feasible it is itemless if you bring in someone. I don't rely on them but if I'm tired or just did a bunch of grinding and just want a reference before dropping some items. Sometimes there's some leeway between DD wearing off and the s rank running out, so having a reference for disruptions is handy.

ALso Xurkitree is the only electric combo enabler. Your only other options are Typeless Combo Silvally/Deoxys-A

e: Also handy for cases where you're not sure of/have forgotten if you have pokemon that counter the stage. I was doing frillish and totally forgot I had shiny tyranitar for barrier shot while a walkthrough probably would have mentioned it.

Thing is, as an Electric-type combo enabler, it's outclassed by Typeless Combo Pokémon (Silvally/Hoopa-U/Deoxys-A), who have a better multiplier, decent proc rates when invested, and doesn't shoehorn you into using Electric-types to get the most out of the ability. The only real combo abilities that aren't outclassed by TC today really are Poison Pact (better rates, Poison abuse), Pyre (better rates, Burn/Burn+ abuse), Phantom Combo (Better Mo4/Mo5 and Spookify/Spookify+ abuse), and Double Normal (Better multiplier for those random Type Restricted competition curveballs they like to throw at us when they want us to use Normal-types).

---

That said I wasn't around for the update and don't have a detailed post up, so I'll link you folks this Reddit Post for a detailed look.

The basic things to take home:

-This is a four week update.
-14 new Pokémon / Pokémon variants released.
-A new Ultra Beast in Guzzlord, gets Big Eater (Vitality Drain clone) as a default.
-Three competitions (Kyurem, Shiny Mega Charizard X [C-1 Comp], Mega Salamence).
-Kommo-O is worse than Bewear with over 80k HP with 19 moves to win. And they screwed it up by making it a Dragon-type.
-More PSB Farmable EB's.
-Kyogre is a great thing to PSB farm next week having Rock Shot and high AP after RML's as well as decent drop rates and only 300 coins to enter.

R_N

Thing is, as an Electric-type combo enabler, it's outclassed by Typeless Combo Pokémon (Silvally/Hoopa-U/Deoxys-A), who have a better multiplier, decent proc rates when invested, and doesn't shoehorn you into using Electric-types to get the most out of the ability. The only real combo abilities that aren't outclassed by TC today really are Poison Pact (better rates, Poison abuse), Pyre (better rates, Burn/Burn+ abuse), Phantom Combo (Better Mo4/Mo5 and Spookify/Spookify+ abuse), and Double Normal (Better multiplier for those random Type Restricted competition curveballs they like to throw at us when they want us to use Normal-types).

---

That said I wasn't around for the update and don't have a detailed post up, so I'll link you folks this Reddit Post for a detailed look.

The basic things to take home:

-This is a four week update.
-14 new Pokémon / Pokémon variants released.
-A new Ultra Beast in Guzzlord, gets Big Eater (Vitality Drain clone) as a default.
-Three competitions (Kyurem, Shiny Mega Charizard X [C-1 Comp], Mega Salamence).
-Kommo-O is worse than Bewear with over 80k HP with 19 moves to win. And they screwed it up by making it a Dragon-type.
-More PSB Farmable EB's.
-Kyogre is a great thing to PSB farm next week having Rock Shot and high AP after RML's as well as decent drop rates and only 300 coins to enter.

80k anything should be illegal and for a dragon type?!
Buzzwole rerun is also surprising, even more so since we're bypassing Xurkitree & Celesteela reruns to go straight to Guzzlord then do the xurkitree rerun.

By the way Big eater is straight up an upgrade on Vitality Drain across the board
Activation Rates: 40% / 70% / 90%

SL1 Bonus: +0% (40% / 70% / 90%)

SL2 Bonus: +10% (50% / 80% / 100%)

SL3 Bonus: +20% (60% / 90% / 100%)

SL4 Bonus: +25% (65% / 95% / 100%)

SL5 Bonus: +30% (70% / 100% / 100%)

Compare to Vitality Drain
15%/30%/60%
Level 1 15%/30%/60% 3
Level 2 20%/35%/65% 7
Level 3 25%/40%/70% 15
Level 4 35%/50%/80% 25
Level 5 45%/60%/90%

Secundum

Lord Of Order
Anyone know what the extra data add today was?

Krokketto Prime Danjal

Done with worldly lies
Well, why get Tier 1 when you can settle for Tier 3 all because SL5 TC apparently has a 75% failure rate!

As much as I really wanted to give it another try because I was fuming, I’m glad I didn’t. All this PSB grinding has left me with barely 20000 coins. I’d like to get Meloetta from SL3 -> SL4 and Hitmonlee to SL4 at least and that’s not including all the other stuff there is to do.

R_N

My blitz through the main stages ended at Blissey. All S ranked & caught (not that this is saying much...) up to her but i have 7000 coins left and need to rebuild for (sigh) guzzlord and the dozen great balls I'm sure to need in the upcoming safaris. Still need to do Shiny Genesect, too

Snover please come back

e: The wiki has Kommo-o's stage fully datamined if you want to see the garbage it's going to throw at you http://pkmnshuffle.wikia.com/wiki/Kommo-o

Last edited:

R_N

used my jewel on meowth and had a very lucarative set of runs. went from 8k to a little over 30k. Should be enough for guzzlord and hopefully only a hop & a skip away from a full item (hate hate hate hate) Kommo-o run.