• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokémon Shuffle General Discussion

Exsception

Born Completionist
Definitely an out-of-the-blue update. But a necessary one nonetheless; team saving is SUCH a blessing to have.

The Trainer Rank is nice. At least there's SOME incentive now for catching trash Pokemon outside of completion's sake. I jumped straight to rank 28 and the rewards were welcomed with open arms.
But seriously, the overworld map is just a bit too cluttered now for such small screens.

The newly added skills are all just bad filler skills. Extinction will likely go to either Pheromosa or Kartana, as most of the UB's skills are synonyms of the word.

One thing that's worth noting is that we can finally view the credits after nearly three years of playing the game. I guess that makes this the final, or at least penultimate major update.

R_N

Haha man what
So I saw the lucarioite in the trainer rewards but I didn't think to double check it now. Charizardite Y and Lucarioite are mission card rewards too. Did the developers just forget about mission cards, there was 12 other mega stones to pull on for that.

Secundum

Lord Of Order
Has anyone gone above 150 in the escalation? What are the later stages like?

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
Has anyone gone above 150 in the escalation? What are the later stages like?

I think 175 is surprisingly easy itemless, or was it 150? I remember the disruptions were single-line vertical blocks but the HP wasn't really hideous against the likes of Last Ditch Effort Zygarde Complete.

198 and 199 are boss stages, but they can be completed using Time+10, Disruption Delay, and AP+. Both grant cookies. I haven't touched the last one yet but I do assume it will have Goomy in it.

Exsception

Born Completionist
Hoo boy, trashy comps just got even trashier for 3DS. Looks like your placing tier in a comp is now determined by a horribly small percentage rather than a set number. Tier 1 requires being in the top 1%. And Tier 2 and 3 require that you're in the top 2% and 3%, respectively.

Cyberra

pain in the ***
Hoo boy, trashy comps just got even trashier for 3DS. Looks like your placing tier in a comp is now determined by a horribly small percentage rather than a set number. Tier 1 requires being in the top 1%. And Tier 2 and 3 require that you're in the top 2% and 3%, respectively.

XP More reason to not bother with competitions anymore.

I caught electrode from the special stages, hit max coins, and decided to make another forward push. Currently I'm tangling with octillery at stage 625. Anyone have any advice for taking down this stubborn octopus?

Exsception

Born Completionist
XP More reason to not bother with competitions anymore.

I caught electrode from the special stages, hit max coins, and decided to make another forward push. Currently I'm tangling with octillery at stage 625. Anyone have any advice for taking down this stubborn octopus?

Bring either a candied M-Beedrill or SMCX, Alolachu, Shaymin/Bellossom, and some other filler. Using TC can also work out if Sleep Charm manages to proc.

e: Forget what I said about the changes to comp rankings being trashy. It is, in fact, beneficial for the time being.

Last edited:

Cyberra

pain in the ***
After four tries I finally got fed up and threw a C-1 at it XP Slammed a big fat S down on it and now I never have to look at it again.

R_N

Shiny yveltal wasnt too bad...though it did require a complexity ad per usual.
I used shiny mewtwo x as my mega for the winning run but good tapping will work too.

Everything up to yveltal is s ranked cand caught. Just need to make my way through the new area after resrocking coins.

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
I think 175 is surprisingly easy itemless, or was it 150? I remember the disruptions were single-line vertical blocks but the HP wasn't really hideous against the likes of Last Ditch Effort Zygarde Complete.

198 and 199 are boss stages, but they can be completed using Time+10, Disruption Delay, and AP+. Both grant cookies. I haven't touched the last one yet but I do assume it will have Goomy in it.

Never mind. 200 doesn't even add Goomy and it's the same like the boss stages with falling blocks and barrier disruptions. In fact, I actually managed to clear it with the same 3 items while running Typeless Combo through Deoxys to give Shiny Mega Diancie massive hits alongside Complete Zygarde and Black Kyurem.

You may want to toss in a Mega Start.

Krokketto Prime Danjal

Done with worldly lies
With less anime references.

And better catch rates although it only took me three tries. I don’t mind the references even though I haven’t watched the latest season yet.

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
I don’t mind the references even though I haven’t watched the latest season yet.

Multiply forced comedy by eleven.

Totally destroy the impressions you got from the in-game characters, or hell, multiply them by eleven as well. While at it, destroy most of their original backstories.

Make Melemele the center of the universe. Make Akala Island so damn boring you're not willing to give it enough attention.

Lessen the action by three quarters.

Play Russian Roulette to bet if a character not named Ash or Lillie gets focus.

Completely degrade Samson Oak as the most shameful pun machine to ever live.

Congratulations! You got the latest season!

Last edited:

Secundum

Lord Of Order
It's really not.
literally the only good thing to come out of it is the return of Jigglypuff.

Krokketto Prime Danjal

Done with worldly lies
Eww. The latest Pignite stage disrupts with itself...and Oshawott.

I just reached that stage and it’s no problem if you bring Pignite or even Oshawott as well. If you’re lucky with UP it can probably be done itemless. I really need to level up my shot out Pokémon.

R_N

The first 6 stages of the new area: perfectly fine, doable with minimal or even no items
Seismitoad: terrible stage with no redeeming qualities