• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokémon Shuffle General Discussion

Tsukuyomi56

Sky High Knight
Is Mega Pinsir a clone of Camerupt or a better Beedrill?

Mega Pinsir is a Camerupt clone but needing less icons to Mega Evolve when fully candied.

R_N

Is Mega Pinsir a clone of Camerupt or a better Beedrill?

Mega Pinsir: 26 icons, 20 speedups, Erases icons around two spots you tap.

Honestly not worth it, even if it does get nice coverage. Shiny Charizard X can evolve in 5 icons after 15 MSUs and neutral against everything but steel & fairy.

Cyberra

pain in the ***
I've now got over 500 S-ranks and have unlocked mantine in the EX stages. Up to stage 393 are S'd and caught. Progress!

Krokketto Prime Danjal

Done with worldly lies
Had a very good competition attempt earlier where RNG was rather good (for example auto Spookify+ due to a disruption when it had worn off) and scored 1.19m. I’m actually disappointed it was only ranked 16th at the time of entry. I don’t like that they no longer tell you your final rank once it’s over.

Not happy about waiting two months until Noivern’s return either and during a week of other interesting events.

I don’t think I can be bothered to S rank the last batch of main stages (once I clear them. Too much hard work for too many coins). I’ll unlock the final Ex stage with S ranks from the early Ux stages.

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
Went back onto the Safari in Mobile Shuffle and caught a Gumshoos at 48% after a Great Ball and Super Catch Power. So far, that leaves behind Butterfree, Grubbin, Charjabug, Vikavolt and Crabominable. I feel like that I should have caught Grubbin by now because it's one of those early Bug Pokémon by both evolution and when it is first met in the main games.

R_N

Something worth considering if you're just in it to catch them all: the UX stages count to your S rank totals. So if you want you can just blitz through the stages to Primal Kyogre, get the remaining, easier s ranks from the HP inflated but otherwise unchanged early UX stages, then circle back to Primal Groudon. The only criteria for UX stages, I believe, are beat Primal Kyogre and get 500 S ranks. DOn't need to beat Survival Mode at all, it seems and I guess if it only looks at Kyogre you could just pop 3 jewels and cherry pick stages...seems kind of a waste of jewels to me, but the option is there.

Just a reminder that this coming week of Pokémon Shuffle has two not yet released Pokémon variants that you can catch for the first time:

Winking Phione is in the Garchomp Safari alongside the other Phione/Manaphy, it is a Base 60 AP Water-type with Mega Boost++ that has 5 RML slots.

Shiny Hawlucha is in a Great Challenge that costs 2 hearts to play, it is a 50 AP Fighting-type with Hammering Streak that has 10 RML slots.

Next new Pokémon (variant) IIRC is in six week's time with Shiny Metagross and Pheromosa.

Last edited:

R_N

Just a reminder that this coming week of Pokémon Shuffle has two not yet released Pokémon variants that you can catch for the first time:

Winking Phione is in the Garchomp Safari alongside the other Phione/Manaphy, it is a Base 60 AP Water-type with Mega Boost++ that has 5 RML slots.

Shiny Hawlucha is in a Great Challenge that costs 2 hearts to play, it is a 50 AP Fighting-type with Hammering Streak that has 10 RML slots.

Next new Pokémon (variant) IIRC is in six week's time with Shiny Metagross and Pheromosa.

Taking "slow week" to a whole new level

I'm up to Torterra and it took a lot of coins to beat it. I don't know what triggers the barriers but bringing houndoom was a mistake that took too long to realize. Sadly my run with rayquaza didn't go very well either...beat it, but 0 moves left (with moves+5 & mega start & dd...). What a pain.

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
Today I was on Mobile and it wasn't a great finish to the Safari event. I had to use a jewel to catch a Crabominable at 86% after Super Catch Power and I yet didn't catch any others, even Grubbin. So therefore I miss the entire Grubbin line and Butterfree, even after I got 5 hearts as a reward for logging in.

Cyberra

pain in the ***
I got two hearts from frillish today. Yay?

Over 550 S-ranks now. Unlocked samurott. I see the shadow of the infamous rapidash next in the queue... Also have up to dusclops (stage 455) S-ed and caught.

New cycle may be slower than cold molasses running uphill, but at least it's giving me time to grind and catch up.

Secundum

Lord Of Order
Hit 350 in the escalation. Anyone know what the later stages are like? When do you start needing items for normal stages?

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
Hit 350 in the escalation. Anyone know what the later stages are like? When do you start needing items for normal stages?

The 401-449 stretch doesn't need items.

I think the last 10 of the 351-399 may need Move+5.

I reached 450 but at this point you need to employ Complexity-1 (board has 5th support, starts with 2x2 blocks on the center with one vertical 4-block line on each side, and the disruption starts immediately with an x-block cross freezing the middle). I think I'll call quits here.

Last edited:

Secundum

Lord Of Order
450 it is then. At least I'm at 94k coins with everything else done and Meowth untouched...

raichu27

Does anyone else feel like Volcanion 451-499 is harder than it needs to be? It seems like a hit and miss to me.

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
I just played Mobile Shuffle and got 3100 coins from Meowth and 10 hearts from the monthly challenge. I challenged Lugia for a bit although I failed to catch it. I caught Sandygast from the Safari and for the main stages I caught Hippowdon, Conkeldurr and Weavile. I'm currently up to Avalugg.