• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokémon Shuffle General Discussion

R_N

decided i wanted more MSUs so i can clear out shiny charizard-x so i took a quick swing at garchomp with attack up and got..100745! #375/19010. I'll probably slide into the 2-4% tier but that's fine. Even 3-5% will get me the MSU I need.
Shiny Charizard (15, 12 MSU), Greninja (15, SL5), Ninetails-A (15, SL5), Silvally (15, SL5)

Probably the one competition I actually had the resources to be competitive for, which works nicely

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
I played a bit of Mobile Shuffle and I challenged two main stages. I caught Avalugg and Braviary although I had to use a +5 Moves on it because it was especially tough to beat in 6 moves with 10000+ HP. Currently I'm up to Excadrill in the main stages.

R_N

Beat Primal Kyogre (& caught at 28% no great ball, mercifully. no s rank though) and am working my way through the first 15 UX stages so I can unlock primal groudon. Even with the x3 hp these are easy s ranks, no items needed. so VERY worth your time to not both s ranking the last chunk of main stages if you don't need to

e: By the way, a quick pro tip: Primal Kyogre does not have a 4th support. The primal kyogres you see fall are preset skyfall or disruptions. PK will also disrupt with normal groudons & rayquazas, but they're hard to take advantage of unless you run rayquaza. Which you probably should, because even with a tapper you are dealing with constant waves of pokemon you can't easily match up.

Last edited:

Krokketto Prime Danjal

Done with worldly lies
I just beat Primal Kyogre myself although I just threw all items at it, played average and still won easily. It had the nerve to break out of the 60% Pokéball without shaking once.

I stopped the Latios EB at 199. I’ll do as many UX stages as I feel like doing; they’re easy enough early on and are a nice little earner. With next week being quiet I’ll probably do some main stage farming.

R_N

I'm not sure how to handle Primal Groudon. 30 seconds and even with freeze+ i can barely put a dent in it.
Guess it might be time to invest cookies into LDE Seismitoad

e: Also for quick referene, here's when the remaining 20 Pokemon come into the cycle

5 Monthly Pikachu

Week of April 10th: Pheromosa (UB Challenge), Shiny Metagross (Great Challenge)
Week of April 24th: Winking Chimchar (Great Challenge), Winking Blissey (Great Challenge)
Week of May 1st: Winking Turtwig (Great Challenge)
Week of May 8th: Mega Pinsir Competition (GOD FINALLY), Winking Piplup (Great Challenge), Wimpod (the Bug safari, 3.33% chance. almost missed it when looking through the tables)
Week of May 22nd: Female Unfezant (3.33% chance in the Camerupt safari)
Week of May 29th: Winking Tepig (Great Challenge)
Week of June 5th: Winking Snivy (Great Challenge), Bruxish (Great Challenge)
Week of June 12th: Winking Oshawott (Great Challenge)
Week of June 19th: Winking Delcatty (Great Challenge)
Week of June 26th: Stufful (Great Challenge)
Week of July 3rd: Winking Chansey (3.33% chance in the Levanny safari)
Week of July 17th: Marshadow (Ultra Challenge).

Ah....truely, a terrible schedule. Gotta love the 3.33% chances

Last edited:

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
So on Mobile Shuffle I got 5 hearts as a daily login reward and I challenged Thundurus and with Diancie as my Mega, it took a while to get it to Mega Evolve and I almost KOed it. With my remaining hearts, I challenged the Latios escalation battle stage and I caught it at 9%. I am on the way to get the Latiosite and Latios is currently at Lv 19.

Cyberra

pain in the ***
How are the primals unlocked again? I'm not close to either yet but I don't feel like searching back through the last ten pages for the posts.

Unlocked rapidash last night, and caught it first try. 580 S-ranks reached, and I have only 29 more to catch before I reach trainer rank 30.

Last edited:

R_N

How are the primals unlocked again? I'm not close to either yet but I don't feel like searching back through the last ten pages for the posts.

Unlocked rapidash last night, and caught it first try. 580 S-ranks reached, and I have only 29 more to catch before I reach trainer rank 30.

Primal Kyogre is just Stage 700
Primal Groudon requires 700 S Ranks

I'm not sure how to handle Primal Groudon. 30 seconds and even with freeze+ i can barely put a dent in it.
Guess it might be time to invest cookies into LDE Seismitoad

That stage essentially mandates you having Lv30 SL5 Primal Kyogre in order to have a realistic shot at catching it. Or using precious Jewels you would rather use elsewhere. I only have a Lv20 SL4 Primal Kyogre here and even with full items it's not really cutting it with 1% catch rates at best.

---

That said, I finally have Survival Mode beaten a few days ago in a run that had 66 moves into 45 and finished with 23 moves left and a Snorlax dodge. Beedrill / Noivern / Flygon was the team, with Pidgey boosted since that is in most of the stages. One thing off the bucket list before I am done with this game for good, still have to catch everything and deal with UX stages (currently at Musharna UX which is like Stage 267).

R_N

That stage essentially mandates you having Lv30 SL5 Primal Kyogre in order to have a realistic shot at catching it. Or using precious Jewels you would rather use elsewhere. I only have a Lv20 SL4 Primal Kyogre here and even with full items it's not really cutting it with 1% catch rates at best.

---

That said, I finally have Survival Mode beaten a few days ago in a run that had 66 moves into 45 and finished with 23 moves left and a Snorlax dodge. Beedrill / Noivern / Flygon was the team, with Pidgey boosted since that is in most of the stages. One thing off the bucket list before I am done with this game for good, still have to catch everything and deal with UX stages (currently at Musharna UX which is like Stage 267).

I saw someone on gamefaqs do it itemless with Primal Kyogre level 20 (SL escapes me), level 15 Ninetails A (SL5), Level 15 Seismitoad (SL5) and I think Ash Greninja level 15 (SL5)
He used Seismitoad rather than Final Effort SL5 Oshawott since you can farm it. That's what I'll aim for and, maybe, worst comes to worst I'll just throw jewels at it because this is the last piece of actual hard content for MONTHS for me. I have 0 interest in doing the Survial Mode 2.0, no interest in completing the UX stages, or even doing them now that I've unlocked Primal Groudon. There's enough down time I could feasibly just farm without jewels on weekend meowth and the only challenge that, in theory, will be a giant pain will be Marshadow because it's that awful, awful ultra challenge. I'll do a token run on the competitions just for a few emergency resources

Tsukuyomi56

Emblian Royalty
Farming Kyogre's Rock Shot will likely be my priority for the week, unsure if I should do an item run on the Mega Steelix competition since I am swimming in RMLs right now (think I have 60+ RMLs at the moment). Not liking that the new additions to the Safaris have that 3.33% encounter chance however.

Last edited:

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
So I just played Mobile Shuffle and finally obtained my Latiosite after a few days, with a team of Mega Latias, Kyurem, Dragonite and Latios. Today's login reward was an Exp Booster M. I also challenged the special stage Eevee too to obtain some more Skill Boosters too.

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
I tossed all items against Primal Kyogre and deployed Manetric, Angrychu, and Electivire.

First turns were kind of a bust, but then Angrychu decided to toss his wrath on the whale like 3 or 4 times. Those were some lucky shots that helped me barely get an S-rank...and capture the whale with a Poke Ball. I was sooooooo lucky.

I reached the UX stages, and let me say I enjoy that feeling of creaming things quickly for some quick S-ranks. I shall enjoy them until the game turns masochistic 150 stages later...

Secundum

Lord Of Order
Anyone know when the escalation starts getting silly? Currently at 150. Want to know if it's worth it to go further.

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
Anyone know when the escalation starts getting silly? Currently at 150. Want to know if it's worth it to go further.

This EB is less of a hindrance if you have Winking Mega Glalie. The last two stages before 200 will only ask you for M+5 at less, and the final boss will surely not ask for a C-1.

If you can sneak in Typeless Combo from 50% Zygarde with WMG, the damage you will deal will be reeeeeeally ridiculous.

R_N

Still pecking away at primal groudon for lack of anything else and looked up rock shot alpha.
I didn't realize this was burst damage!

Also Primal Groudon is super dumb because it kind of necessitates you drop combos so you can roll for abilities to make it managable. But the engine isn't designed to do that. Sometimes it carries on a "combo" for too long and if sky fall happens while you're moving things around it starts the combo with that and not this nice LDE or greninja set up.

And to top it all off Meowth was trash this week. I had the worst starting board, no dirsuptions did anything of note, I only came out of this with 3700. And it would have been 2900 if it wasn't for the free moves+5!

Cyberra

pain in the ***
I have 600 S-ranks now. Serperior unlocked. But I don't have enough coins to try it so I'm back at meowth

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
I just played a bit of Mobile Shuffle and I got 10 heart as today's reward. I challenged a much wider variety of Pokémon this time, by defeating Victini for EXP points and I challenged Jellicent but I failed to catch it. I then managed to catch a Kyogre then I challenged Regice, which I could only get it down to half health at the best. After that, I caught Drifblim, Alolan Muk and in the Safari, I only caught Aipom so far.