• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokémon Shuffle Mega Viability Rankings V2

R_N

I wasn't even mentioning it or that reason. Just for practical usage.

Mewtwo Y, Banette, Rayquaza and a bunch of others still need to drop heavily if we're doing no Mega Starts considered still. Unless 33 icon Mega Rayquaza is somehow as useful as uncandied Lucario while I was away.

mewtwo & banette at least have mega boost support, but yeah ray should go down probably.

HylianGlaceon

Hyrulean Resident
mewtwo & banette at least have mega boost support, but yeah ray should go down probably.
Uncandied Mewtwo is still 23 icons and wasting a slot on Unown ! can hurt the team a bit I've found. Banette is better with team builds minus the lack of a Ghost Block Smash+ (Although Yvetal works) but 28 icons puts it at being pretty slow even with it having Mega Boost. Unfavorable Mega Boost RNG will also screw you from time to time as well.

Really any Uncandied Mega over 20 icons minus maybe Medicham should probably drop a rank or so since it makes successful itemless runs so difficult to get. (Although this makes everything but 3 Megas drop in the C Rank.)

Secundum

Lord Of Order
Agreed. A lot of the ranks represented a compromise between candied and uncandied, and when the candied ranks were added, the old ones remained where they were.
Imo Mega Ray needs to be in F rank uncandied.

HylianGlaceon

Hyrulean Resident
So if we are considering re-ranking the Megas. How much do we consider RMLs and Skill Swappers in Ranking them? More or less in the cases of like Mawile and Sharpedo. Do we grade them on Lv.20, Swapped and Fully Candied or what?

Exsception

Born Completionist
So if we are considering re-ranking the Megas. How much do we consider RMLs and Skill Swappers in Ranking them? More or less in the cases of like Mawile and Sharpedo. Do we grade them on Lv.20, Swapped and Fully Candied or what?

I'd say those should be factors, yes.

But if Pokemon are going to be re-ranked, then I do think that if the same mega is going to be ranked differently based on its candied state, then two separate tier lists should be made to make things less confusing. One for candied megas, and one for uncandied. That way Mega Ray won't be both F-tier and A-tier in the same list.

Secundum

Lord Of Order

Those are already taken into account. Literally the only thing we need to do is lower some of the uncandied ones.

And there's no need for a separate tier list - the current one works fine - the candy icon is very visible.

HylianGlaceon

Hyrulean Resident
Those are already taken into account. Literally the only thing we need to do is lower some of the uncandied ones.
We should probably change the icon to represent that if so. There's a considerable difference between Fully Candied Sharpedo and Fully Candied, SSed to Mega Boost and RMLed to Lv20 Sharpedo as an example. One has 80AP, evolves in 12 icons and has Eject. The other has 120AP, Evolves in 12 icons without abilities and has Mega Boost instead of Eject.

We are getting a new mega next week: Mega Winking Audino.

Don't know how many icon, but 15 speedups and it's a MMY clone for Normal-types.

So it's not all bad depending on icon count, but it's only 50 BP and a Normal-type, making it fairly outclassed by Rayquaza (except it's compatible with Double Normal). Its pre-mega ability is Mind Zap if anyone cares.

It has a legitimate niche for those all Normal-types missions at least, but...

Tsukuyomi56

Sky High Knight
Think that Mega Winking Audino could possibly go into E-Rank, other than being better at generating combos compared to other the Normal-type Megas you likely will not be using it other than helping to complete the Mission Cards that need to use all Normal-type Pokémon.

Secundum

Lord Of Order
Whelp. At least it's better than Normal Audino! But agree with E rank. It could work in timed competitions with a double normal team.

Got confirmation that Winking Audino takes 22 icons to evolve normally, making it 7 icons with full investment, which is really fast! Still, it does not change much.

Secundum

Lord Of Order
Agreed. It's still super-niche.

And as Komedy seems to have dropped off of the face of the earth, shall we remake this topic so we can add in things like Mega Houndoom and Mega Winklie etc.?
(Hell, even MegaMence and Megarupt aren't on here!)

Last edited:

R_N

Shiny Mega Rayquaza has mega camerupt's effect. 24 icons, but takes 15 speed ups. Not sure of the pre-mega ability

Mega Aggron is at the end of the new set of main stages. 18 icons, 5 speed ups. Has Tyranitar's effect.

e: Shiny ray is Flying type and has Dragon Talon.

Last edited:

Secundum

Lord Of Order
Hmm....Mega Aggron is semi-decent, I guess. Less useful than Ttar, but I guess it could be good for a few Fairy stages.
Shiny Mega Ray? A bit meh.

Exsception

Born Completionist
Mega Aggron Mega evolves two icons faster than Mega T-Tar, so it would actually be better if it weren't for the lower AP. I actually see potential in Shiny Ray. It's a heavy investment, but it has good AP, (for some reason) fast Mega evolving speed, and takes care of everything that Mega Salamence doesn't.

Secundum

Lord Of Order
I was thinking Mega Aggron has a worse Pre-Mega ability, worse typing, and is weaker. In addition, it's got VERY late in the game, and has competition for Mega Mawile - unless the disruptions are clumped together MegaWile will generally be better, and if the disruptions are blocks, then Mega Steelix is the way to go.

I think we can all agree that mega Metagross is now well and truly useless though.

Exsception

Born Completionist
I was thinking Mega Aggron has a worse Pre-Mega ability, worse typing, and is weaker. In addition, it's got VERY late in the game, and has competition for Mega Mawile - unless the disruptions are clumped together MegaWile will generally be better, and if the disruptions are blocks, then Mega Steelix is the way to go.

I think we can all agree that mega Metagross is now well and truly useless though.

Um, worse pre-mega ability? They both have Eject. :p

With all the other options now out there, Mega Metagross could even be classified as the worst mega now.

Secundum

Lord Of Order
You sure? Could have sworn it had last-ditch effort or somesuch.
And nah, Megazard X is still the worst.

Exsception

Born Completionist
You sure? Could have sworn it had last-ditch effort or somesuch.
And nah, Megazard X is still the worst.

Yep, I'm sure. Hopefully they both get SS compatibility in the next batch.

But after reading Megazard X's overview, it probably is still the worst mega. I had no idea Burn didn't affect Dragon types, which basically makes it a skill-less Mega with a horrible mega effect. Doesn't get much worse than that. Regardless, Mega Metagross does need to plummet to F rank.

What about the new megas? Aggron should go to maybe B because of its mega effect and the little investment it requires, but I'm really not sure about Shiny Ray.

R_N

Did we ever agree where tyranitar should go? Komedy hasn't been here since november