• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokémon Shuffle Mega Viability Rankings

Status
Not open for further replies.

Secundum

Lord Of Order
I agree that it's D rank unless it gets an awesome Mega Ability, otherwise it's just a worse Ampharos.

komedy27u

The descriptions it's kind of vague, it's not a "random" line but it's still "jagged" so maybe it'll have the same lines as MAmp but with a fixed zone of clearing, that would make it much more reliable and useful for combos.

R_N

The descriptions it's kind of vague, it's not a "random" line but it's still "jagged" so maybe it'll have the same lines as MAmp but with a fixed zone of clearing, that would make it much more reliable and useful for combos.

I suspect it is the same ability and they're just using different language

This really blows. Manectric should have been faster, if nothing else.

komedy27u

OMG, MManetric is... good O.O the jagged lines start at 2 random locations at the top but the shape is constant and combo friendly. I'll never use MAmp again!

Erron Black

The Outlaw
OMG, MManetric is... good O.O the jagged lines start at 2 random locations at the top but the shape is constant and combo friendly. I'll never use MAmp again!

Right??? I managed to land a 100+ combo on my first Mega with him.

I'm voting we A rank him he's just too good.

Erron Black

The Outlaw
Haven't got to M-Cross yet, he sounds decent. Maybe not A rank material, possibly C rank or B rank. I dunno, we'll see. Also depends on how many types he hits SE. Grass, Dark, and Psychic... Not many. His mega effect better be good or else he'll be bad.

Secundum

Lord Of Order
His Mega Effect is a variation on Mega Slowbros-he adds them to the side.
I'm voting Mega Manetric as a solid B rank myself.

komedy27u

So, MHeracross is S-Rank? 'cause that thing is a beast @.@ is as good as MBro, the pre-Mega ability is algo very good and evolves fastenough to make it good.

Also, I too vote B-Rank for MManetric, if it were base 70 there would be no doubt yet is very good as it is.

HylianGlaceon

Hyrulean Resident
I vote C Rank for Manectric. It's very slow to Mega Evolve, 10 lower attack power than Ampharos which hurts it a lot and in my trial runs with it, it's pretty mediocre with creating combos. Nowhere near as good as Glalie.

If you're going in with a Mega Start somewhere, Ampharos is still probably the better option unfortunately.

Psynergy

Strong Winds
Staff member
Super Mod
I'm think B may be a good place for Manectric, the ability is literally just Ampharos with a consistent bolt pattern and the only randomness being where the bolts start, which is arguably good for it since stuff like Sableye, Glalie and Mawile can get annoying with their set patterns sometimes. Hitting Streak before Mega is also solid so it's always contributing in some way unlike Ampharos. 60 Base power could be better but that hasn't stopped other Megas before, and while it takes awhile to Mega Evolve it's just as long as Ampharos. That said it's not always stellar at setting off combos but I'd take it over Ampharos for consistency. Meanwhile...

214-m.png
Adds one more Mega Heracross to the left of the match.

We've got Bug type Slowbro, with the catch being that it adds a Heracross to the left rather than above. I'll be honest, I've always preferred Mewtwo over Slowbro so there's my bias, but when used properly this kind of ability can be amazing for board clearing. I've personally found this kind of ability to shine in timed stages more though. Biggest downside is that it takes a long time to Mega Evolve unlike Slowbro. Bug also sucks offensively so there's a lot of types that Heracross can't be used against even neutrally, but having another Mega for Dark types (and one that doesn't require competitions) as well as another Grass killer is great. I'll stick to Gengar and Banette for Psychic types though. Crowd Control before Mega makes it one of the most effective Pokemon pre-Mega so that's cool.

Don't like the idea of creating an S rank yet though. S rank would sort of imply that this is a Mega that you should almost always be considering when doing a stage and given how important type advantages are in this game I'm not sure we'll ever get a Mega like that (though some of our A rank Pokemon arguably come close to that).

That said these are just my impressions on the Megas, I'm not going to add them just yet so we can discuss them a bit more.

HylianGlaceon

Hyrulean Resident
I'm think B may be a good place for Manectric, the ability is literally just Ampharos with a consistent bolt pattern and the only randomness being where the bolts start, which is arguably good for it since stuff like Sableye, Glalie and Mawile can get annoying with their set patterns sometimes. Hitting Streak before Mega is also solid so it's always contributing in some way unlike Ampharos. 60 Base power could be better but that hasn't stopped other Megas before, and while it takes awhile to Mega Evolve it's just as long as Ampharos. That said it's not always stellar at setting off combos but I'd take it over Ampharos for consistency.

So why B and not C? I'm not really seeing why it's better than the C Ranks still. The bolt pattern is pretty unreliable, it can even overlap itself and basically do a Lopunny/Lucario clear which nets no combos. It has yet to cause a combo over 10 for me out of multiple tries on the Ampharos stage. I'd take Sableye/Mawile over it any day.

Hitting Streak puts it around Ampharos' damage, unless of course you get it to activate a lot of times in a row, so not that great as it isn't 70 Base.

Manectric is 20 icons to Mega Evolve as well, which is just okay. Not really all that much faster than Ampharos. Venusaur is a better option on Water types if you want a fast, super effective Mega.

Secundum

Lord Of Order
Now I've tested MegaHera out a bit, I'm voting B-rank for him too. Longer than MegaBro to evolve, worse typing, and his ability is slightly more awkward.

komedy27u

Don't like the idea of creating an S rank yet though. S rank would sort of imply that this is a Mega that you should almost always be considering when doing a stage and given how important type advantages are in this game I'm not sure we'll ever get a Mega like that (though some of our A rank Pokemon arguably come close to that).

That said these are just my impressions on the Megas, I'm not going to add them just yet so we can discuss them a bit more.

Ah, the S-Rank was a joke, A-Rank as Slowbro is my vote. The second time I tried it I got a crazy combo that cleared all Megas and kept going for a while.

R_N

So why B and not C? I'm not really seeing why it's better than the C Ranks still. The bolt pattern is pretty unreliable, it can even overlap itself and basically do a Lopunny/Lucario clear which nets no combos. It has yet to cause a combo over 10 for me out of multiple tries on the Ampharos stage. I'd take Sableye/Mawile over it any day.

Hitting Streak puts it around Ampharos' damage, unless of course you get it to activate a lot of times in a row, so not that great as it isn't 70 Base.

Manectric is 20 icons to Mega Evolve as well, which is just okay. Not really all that much faster than Ampharos. Venusaur is a better option on Water types if you want a fast, super effective Mega.

C for Manectric, D for ampharos

Ѕhiny Missingno

Ampharos has no business being D or lower than Manectric, lol. Mega Manectric's consistency gets balanced by its lower damage output. If we get a whole bunch Electric type Hitting Streak users, then Manectric will overshadow Ampharos but right now neither of these two really has an edge over another. I'd say B or C rank for both of them.

Secundum

Lord Of Order
Yeah, D is mainly for 'niche' mons, and ones that you'd almost never take for any other reason.

R_N

I mostly just see Manectric as better in every way but base damage, but not good enough to get into B
I suppose Mega Amph's downsides are balanced by having him for longer though, yeah. Both C, then. If Manectric was just a little stronger or just a little faster...

Speaking of...after the next round of stages hits we might want to re-evaluate mega aero. Aerodatcyl is still held back by a lame standard ability, a long mega time, lack of combo potential, but it feels like there's been a lot of stages with disruptions that help, both event and main. I think it's still a little too early but who knows, maybe by the next world we might consider bumping to C?

*entire next world is nothing but ice blocks*

Erron Black

The Outlaw
Ampharos has no business being D or lower than Manectric, lol. Mega Manectric's consistency gets balanced by its lower damage output. If we get a whole bunch Electric type Hitting Streak users, then Manectric will overshadow Ampharos but right now neither of these two really has an edge over another. I'd say B or C rank for both of them.

Though Ampharos has a useless pre-mega ability, extremely random mega ability that can be extremely unreliable, and slow mega evolve time.

Whereas with M-Manectric he has a good pre-mega ability and a still random mega ability but much more reliable than M-Amp's. Only thing Amp has over M-Manectric is the base power. Since, iirc they both have the same mega evolve time.

I still say B rank for M-Manectric and let M-Amp remain in C-rank, as he's still useful in some ways.

HylianGlaceon

Hyrulean Resident

Yeah, Ampharos isn't bad enough for D. C suits both fine.

I mostly just see Manectric as better in every way but base damage, but not good enough to get into B
I suppose Mega Amph's downsides are balanced by having him for longer though, yeah. Both C, then. If Manectric was just a little stronger or just a little faster...

Speaking of...after the next round of stages hits we might want to re-evaluate mega aero. Aerodatcyl is still held back by a lame standard ability, a long mega time, lack of combo potential, but it feels like there's been a lot of stages with disruptions that help, both event and main. I think it's still a little too early but who knows, maybe by the next world we might consider bumping to C?

*entire next world is nothing but ice blocks*

I've already considered Aerodactyl as a C Rank. Heck, with how many stages use Metal and Wooden Blocks, it's almost B Rank imo. Gotten a lot more use than I thought I would.

Though Ampharos has a useless pre-mega ability, extremely random mega ability that can be extremely unreliable, and slow mega evolve time.

Whereas with M-Manectric he has a good pre-mega ability and a still random mega ability but much more reliable than M-Amp's. Only thing Amp has over M-Manectric is the base power. Since, iirc they both have the same mega evolve time.

I still say B rank for M-Manectric and let M-Amp remain in C-rank, as he's still useful in some ways.

So any reason other than Manectric is better than Ampharos that it deserves B Rank? It's nowhere on par with Glalie and Lucario in usefulness imo.

I still find Manectric and Ampharos about the same in usefulness. Their differences are pretty slim. Both easily outclassed if we get a Mega that doesn't have a random pattern and doesn't take so long to evolve. Hopefully, we get a reliable Grass Mega that can combo for Water types someday. (Sorry Mega Venusaur)

Status
Not open for further replies.