• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokémon Special ORAS chapter speculation thread - ORAS chapter confirmed!

Status
Not open for further replies.

lolipiece

Pictured: what browsing Serebii does to a person
Staff member
EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEH....

Pokespe really needs a third magazine now.

At least we won't have to worry about Z next year?

MonMonCandie

Radio - On Air!
^ Your Sig image equal win. XD

And yeah, PokeSpe needs another magazine to keep up with all these new arcs now! I just hope Kusaka and Yamamoto don't get stressed out. Lol

I wonder if we'll know the full truth behind Sird, Deoxys, Archie and Maxie, etc. plot points that need explained. that reminds me, this is the earliest we've gone with a remake despite a year later a game came out. RS and FRLG had a 2 year difference then Emerald came. DPPt, followed by Platinum came when HGSS entered the scene. BW and BW2 only had a year or 2 in the works. XY came out half a year ago and now we're seeing Hoenn remakes (or sequels) for the first time.

Last edited:

MonMonCandie

Radio - On Air!
Hmm, kind of makes you wonder where Z is going to come in. Will it do an XY > ORAS > Z arc thing in PokeSpe?

Shayminslicker

Comes out of Nowhere
Jeez they are only 16 by this point. I don't think they will get married this quickly. Especially since they still fight like children.

iml908

I hope Emerald appears (Am I the only one that's noticed he has appeared in person only in 1 arc?)? An interesting idea would be if his Sceptile meets Wally, and has to choose which trainer he wants to be with.

Speaking of which, I'm calling it: Wally is getting a Ralts. It's just so sad he didn't end up with his signature Pokemon, even though he was right in returning it to Ruby.

Pokemonspecialgerman

@Platinum Fan

Okay wait I thought about that again from another angle. And I guess I failed to take main problems of gen IV and V into account.
Yes we don't know for sure how long BW2 will be. Even though I don't think they will be able to write it longer than necessary. Still.. it will have it's 3 volumes, if I think about the amount of stuff they still have to show..

They must had problems with they schedule after the almost-1year pause on volume 39 and nobody expected gen V to be this short. But now they have another year with a possible Z version. So more time for OR-AS and Z. We won't see the OR-AS arc in 6 month either I guess. Because Bw2 won't be finished. And we need Mewtu in BW2 but we still need it in Hoenn too.
So XY will go on for awhile. But please don't overdo it. Plan ahead and connect XY and oras in Z properly. If you need 7 volumes to do so: do it.

And they should be very careful from now on. I bet the remakes will blow our mind away again with some unbelievable stuff. I would not be surprised if you can travel to Kanto again. Hoenn and Kanto are spiritual brothers or something like that. Like Johto and Sinnoh. And the Kanto leaders have to be battle-able again. Because you can battle them in every gen, come on.
So kusaka should take reunions into account. And better use more time to develop X and Y right now.

Short arc /=/ rushed arc if you use the space you have right. And thats what I want to see from this Manga, this applies for remake and special version arcs too of course. But I think they really need the time for this. (Finish of sird on hoenn too please...?)

So I hope I made my point understandable. I know its not easy to deal with me sometimes...

Red and Blue

I wonder if we'll know the full truth behind Sird, Deoxys, Archie and Maxie, etc. plot points that need explained. that reminds me, this is the earliest we've gone with a remake despite a year later a game came out. RS and FRLG had a 2 year difference then Emerald came. DPPt, followed by Platinum came when HGSS entered the scene. BW and BW2 only had a year or 2 in the works. XY came out half a year ago and now we're seeing Hoenn remakes (or sequels) for the first time.

What's there to know about Archie and Maxie? Archie killed Maxie for Sird's armour and Archie himself died at the end of the Emerald arc.

lolipiece

Staff member
Jeez they are only 16 by this point. I don't think they will get married this quickly. Especially since they still fight like children.

Since when?

They were 11 and 12 respectively (let's just round them both to 12) in Emerald, so that would make them 15 by HGSS.

DP and Pt could easily take place at most three years after HGSS.

BW has to take place at most three years after Pt. And B2W2 takes place two years after BW.

Unless it's a prequel again, RS are most likely adults by XY.

LordSerperior

Which makes me wonder what's gonna happen with team aqua and magma in ORAS. Courtney and Tabitha, I think will not be involved with team Magma but Mack wasn't in the epilogue of RS I think and none of the Aqua Admins were.
And I agree, Wally needs to get a Ralts which should evolve into Gallade cuz Idk I just want it to and nothing would make me happier than wally getting a bigger role.
I'd also like to see Emerald. Didn't like him for most of the Emarald arc and only began to like him towards the very end

OfCorsola

Brock and Misty!
They won't get married lol. But I hope they didn't ditch their relationship like they did and actually tell us more xD

MonMonCandie

Radio - On Air!
I'd like to see Emerald again too. I'd love to see what he's like with his Pokemon now. :)
As for bad guy material, maybe they'll do a FRLG thing and introduce PokeSpe-only admins? Although, I don't know how I'd feel about that...

EDIT: Ruby and Sapphire's relationship is pretty much the pinnacle of why I like them so much. lol It would be a sin if they didn't pick on each other a few times during the new arc. xD

lolipiece

Staff member
Courtney, Tabitha, and Amber are definitely out.

We never find out what happened to Blaise. Shelly ran away but never turned good. And who even cares about Matt.

Red and Blue

They won't get married lol. But I hope they didn't ditch their relationship like they did and actually tell us more xD
I agree. The main thing I want out of the AROS arc is the resolution of their romance subplot. I hope it ends with them as a couple
I'd like to see Emerald again too. I'd love to see what he's like with his Pokemon now. :)
As for bad guy material, maybe they'll do a FRLG thing and introduce PokeSpe-only admins? Although, I don't know how I'd feel about that...

EDIT: Ruby and Sapphire's relationship is pretty much the pinnacle of why I like them so much. lol It would be a sin if they didn't pick on each other a few times during the new arc. xD

While I doubt it will happen, I'd love it if Emerald got new pokemon. Mainly because his team is my least favorite.

In regards to the Admin thing, it's pretty much the only route since the two leaders of the teams are deceased(unless Kusaka brings them back from the dead)

MonMonCandie

Radio - On Air!
^ Well, considering Emerald was using Crystal's Pokemon half the time, maybe??
And I hope they don't do the 'resurrect the dead' thing again. I thought that was a little ridiculous in the Emerald arc TBH. :|

Erron Black

The Outlaw
Wonder if in Pokemon ORAS we will get Mega Latias/Latios. This must be were they are given to us/found.

Can't wait for this to come out! I am literally dying with excitement now! Gonna see if I can get both Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire!

Platinum fan.

RetiredPokemonMaster
@Platinum Fan

Okay wait I thought about that again from another angle. And I guess I failed to take main problems of gen IV and V into account.
Yes we don't know for sure how long BW2 will be. Even though I don't think they will be able to write it longer than necessary. Still.. it will have it's 3 volumes, if I think about the amount of stuff they still have to show..

They must had problems with they schedule after the almost-1year pause on volume 39 and nobody expected gen V to be this short. But now they have another year with a possible Z version. So more time for OR-AS and Z. We won't see the OR-AS arc in 6 month either I guess. Because Bw2 won't be finished. And we need Mewtu in BW2 but we still need it in Hoenn too.
So XY will go on for awhile. But please don't overdo it. Plan ahead and connect XY and oras in Z properly. If you need 7 volumes to do so: do it.

And they should be very careful from now on. I bet the remakes will blow our mind away again with some unbelievable stuff. I would not be surprised if you can travel to Kanto again. Hoenn and Kanto are spiritual brothers or something like that. Like Johto and Sinnoh. And the Kanto leaders have to be battle-able again. Because you can battle them in every gen, come on.
So kusaka should take reunions into account. And better use more time to develop X and Y right now.

Short arc /=/ rushed arc if you use the space you have right. And thats what I want to see from this Manga, this applies for remake and special version arcs too of course. But I think they really need the time for this. (Finish of sird on hoenn too please...?)

So I hope I made my point understandable. I know its not easy to deal with me sometimes...

I actually don't agree with the Kanto Leaders having to be battle-able again. I think they are the most overrated and most overused bunch of Gym Leaders ever, and I'd be fine if Gen 6 skips out on them. XY managed to not include Cynthia, something I never expected to happen, so I think Gen 6 in general can survive without those Kanto Leaders. I think Kanto got enough with Charizard, Blastoise, Venusaur, and the Kanto Megas.

Anyway on to the other stuff. Again Remake arcs are usually not that long. I'm expecting 3-4 volumes at most on ORAS. There is still the possible Z version game that will almost certainly be part of XY. Whether ORAS is or not remains to be seen. HGSS was basically what happened after Emerald and before DPPt. Whether it was needed or not I guess depends on the viewer. I wouldn't mind a lengthy run from XY, the problem is we don't have enough magazines anymore, and we still have to finish BW and BW2 hasn't begun in volume form yet. There probably will be some rushing involved. I'd be surprised if there isn't. While RS remakes are good news in general, it's going to be a nightmare for PokeSpecial. No way around that without more magazines.

MonMonCandie

Radio - On Air!
^ I see where you're coming from with a rushed paced for Pokemon Special and I agree. One of the reasons why I like Pokemon Special so much is because I enjoy it for story. If they end up rushing XY and ORAS because of the game's releases, I'd be a sad Pancham. I really want to see Ruby, Sapphire, and Emerald fleshed out again, though I wouldn't be too sure what the possible conflict could be that they face for this new arc.

Platinum fan.

RetiredPokemonMaster
^ I see where you're coming from with a rushed paced for Pokemon Special and I agree. One of the reasons why I like Pokemon Special so much is because I enjoy it for story. If they end up rushing XY and ORAS because of the game's releases, I'd be a sad Pancham. I really want to see Ruby, Sapphire, and Emerald fleshed out again, though I wouldn't be too sure what the possible conflict could be that they face for this new arc.

It will probably involve the super Legendary in XY like FRLG had Deoxys and HGSS had Arceus. I wouldn't expect anything more or less. Whether or not Archie and Maxie return from the grave is still in question. I doubt Sird will be used here, and I doubt we'll see any old Dexholders besides the Hoenn ones, but I'm cool with that. This is the Hoenn trio's remake.

Edit: Let me take that back. Groudon and Kyogre might have Megas so that could be the focus of the story.

Last edited:

MonMonCandie

Radio - On Air!
Honestly, I'm really hoping for a no on the Maxie/Archie reappearance. I mean, yeah sure, they are the big bosses...but they're dead now. Hmm, maybe that one Team Aqua admin could stir up something? I think it was Amber? Yeah, I can't remember what happened to him after the conclusion of the RS arc. He just kind of disappeared after giving out that hint to the Gym Leaders. lol

And maybe it'll have something to do with the Super Legendary in XY. That already seems to be a formula for the 'remake' arcs in Pokemon Special. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.