• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokémon Special ORAS chapter speculation thread - ORAS chapter confirmed!

Status
Not open for further replies.

lolipiece

Pictured: what browsing Serebii does to a person
Staff member
I just thought of something so ridiculous that it might be amazing.

You know what I really want to see happen in Pokespe ORSA?

This.

[img139]https://31.media.tumblr.com/b6623f032fd0e90ad4b268c33ff73a57/tumblr_inline_n58wbkcmQa1qm9e91.png[/img139]

A chapter where the antagonist is a possessed Pokedex holder! We've never had an antagonist Pokedex holder before. (Silver doesn't count. He was never truly evil or anything.)

It could be like what happened to Archie and Maxie, but without the whole rotting to death thing.

It would be fresh and new! And with Ruby and/or Sapphire as the "baddie", Archie and Maxie can stay "dead."

It wouldn’t even have to happen to Sapphire. Maybe Ruby. Though I think he’s suffered enough. Ah, who am I kidding. No he hasn’t. Make it happen, Kusaka.

I know, it’ll be heartbreaking. To you guys, that is. I'll be drinking the fandom's tears and eating popcorn while doing so. *Laughs evilly*

Last edited:

k6666

Pikachu Fan
i kinda think ORAS timeline happen between HGSS and DPPt since it confirmed to be full remake ( same storyline with some new addition feature)
i think ORAS arc gonna be short then

arawn

Nooooo. That pic freaked me out. Evil Sapphire. But knowing Kusaka, he could do those thing. Yes he could. Omg no.
About Rald, he could have a fullscale comeback with Mega lati@s. Just imagine how strong he was going to be after all these years. Can't wait to see him and Ruby fight together.

Platinum fan.

RetiredPokemonMaster
I just thought of something so ridiculous that it might be amazing.

You know what I really want to see happen in Pokespe ORSA?

This.

[img139]https://31.media.tumblr.com/b6623f032fd0e90ad4b268c33ff73a57/tumblr_inline_n58wbkcmQa1qm9e91.png[/img139]

A chapter where the antagonist is a possessed Pokedex holder! We've never had an antagonist Pokedex holder before. (Silver doesn't count. He was never truly evil or anything.)

It could be like what happened to Archie and Maxie, but without the whole rotting to death thing.

It would be fresh and new! And with Ruby and/or Sapphire as the "baddie", Archie and Maxie can stay "dead."

It wouldn’t even have to happen to Sapphire. Maybe Ruby. Though I think he’s suffered enough. Ah, who am I kidding. No he hasn’t. Make it happen, Kusaka.

I know, it’ll be heartbreaking. To you guys, that is. I'll be drinking the fandom's tears and eating popcorn while doing so. *Laughs evilly*

A evil Dexholder? Does sound original and like a good read. I don't count Silver as evil either. He was a anti-hero. So I'd be down with a evil Dexholder story. So long as they didn't kill him/her off and got to save her in the end and all that cheesy good stuff. LOL.

Beat!

The Chords of Steel
The only thing i'm hopping for is that they give the Hoenn Elite Four a bigger role. Poor guys, them and Sinnoh's are the least developed so far. (And Kalos', but that chapter is only starting)

LexKitteh

If Emerald shows up again, I hope they take this chance to completely redesign him. His appearance is so bizarre, he is my least favorite character. I completely forgot he existed, I hope he doesn't overshadow the interactions between Ruby and Sapphire.

DX 2401PT

Monitor
Though I feel that fussing about a fan idea of an adaptation of a game that was JUST announced is absolutely crazy... possessed Ruby/Sapphire? Now that's a hell of an idea. If so, probably possessed Ruby, since Sapphire has a stronger grip of her mental things. Who suffers more? The possessed Ruby going bonkers against his former friends and allies? Or Sapphire who has to deal with the said bonkers? "Every soldier you make, the enemy loses two. The one you converted, and his buddy on the other side who can't pull the trigger on a friend." Who knows, maybe they both get taken over. Though the Red and Blue Orbs are gone (in the shape of the Ruby/Sapphire items, not that anyone knows), there must be some influence left over in Ruby/Sapphire (since Palace Maven Spencer could tell that Sapphire had come in contact with the Blue Orb a year after it was "destroyed").

Thinking about ORAS and PokeSP ORAS... if Groudon and Kyogre get new formes/megas/fusions/whatever they're going to call it (alpha and omega forme?), wouldn't that mean Rayquaza will get something new too? We never had a situation where the DUO got something (nothing interesting happened to Lugia/Ho-Oh, Groudon/Kyogre, Dialga/Palkia, Reshiram/Zekrom, Xerneas/Yveltal (for now)). The third guy can get something new (Giratina, Kyurem, probably Zygarde) without the duo, but not the other way around. SO, if Rayquaza gets something new, then it'll most likely appear in PokeSP ORAS. As a "ref"/mediator between Groudon and Kyogre, or maybe it's a 3 way dance. Maybe it's Ruby + Groudon vs. Sapphire + Kyogre vs. Emerald + Rayquaza. Not a whole lot of people care about Emerald, so possibly Ruby + Groudon vs. Sapphire + Kyogre.

lolipiece

Pictured: what browsing Serebii does to a person
Staff member
I kind of want it to be Ruby as a sort of comeuppance for his crappy behavior in RS and his refusal to acknowledge the confession.

Also, Sapphire got the shaft during the Groudon/Kyogre fight. She kind of deserves to be the one to battle Ruby.

As for Emerald. Well, we're going to have to use the Mega Evos for Latias and Latios, right? Only problem is that he can only use one at a time. Maybe Sapphire will bond with Latios and Rald will use Latias?

Platinum fan.

RetiredPokemonMaster
I kind of want it to be Ruby as a sort of comeuppance for his crappy behavior in RS and his refusal to acknowledge the confession.

Also, Sapphire got the shaft during the Groudon/Kyogre fight. She kind of deserves to be the one to battle Ruby.

As for Emerald. Well, we're going to have to use the Mega Evos for Latias and Latios, right? Only problem is that he can only use one at a time. Maybe Sapphire will bond with Latios and Rald will use Latias?

The girls usually always get shafted during the big grand finale battles. The only ones I can think of that had big plots were Yellow and to a extent Blue. Crystal, Sapphire, Platinum, and White didn't do squat during the finals that didn't involve group Starter attacks. And even then the male Dexholder still outshines them. I would say it's lucky that Sapphire's name is in the title and that could give her a big role, but When has that ever mattered? White's second to Black and N. Platinum got screwed in her own title arc, and Crystal was always a sidekick. That's just the way it is.

LordSerperior

The girls usually always get shafted during the big grand finale battles. The only ones I can think of that had big plots were Yellow and to a extent Blue. Crystal, Sapphire, Platinum, and White didn't do squat during the finals that didn't involve group Starter attacks. And even then the male Dexholder still outshines them. I would say it's lucky that Sapphire's name is in the title and that could give her a big role, but When has that ever mattered? White's second to Black and N. Platinum got screwed in her own title arc, and Crystal was always a sidekick. That's just the way it is.
Crystal was treated the same way as Silver, not saying that it was okay though, she's my favorite female pokespe character tied with sapphire I think. But atleast she got the spotlight with the Suicune thing, Sapphire was trained to do nothing and the biggest feat White accomplished was that Unova starter battle against N I guess. Platinum, I couldn't care less about.
Ruby and Courtney can end up possessed that way I get a little MagmaJewelShipping and Sapphire gets revenge for being kept away from a battle she was destined to fight

G-SANtos

Guys, I just thought one thing. In Emerald, the rival has an unnamed younger brother. If ORAS gives this brother the appearance of Masato from the anime, do you think PokéSpe will use him? Like, "Sapphire's younger brother who was born after the Groudon/Kyogre crisis"? We already had stuff like Tōru from Pokémon Snap appearing in the Emerald arc even there was no reason for him to be there, so, do you think it's possible?

Have we been told that the same restriction applies to PokéSpe's universe?

Also, if this is just going to be about Special and not about Pokemon manga in general, shouldn't the title be changed? :/
SPECIAL always has arcs based on every main game, so it's the only totally, completely, for sure, absolutely 100% guaranteed ORAS manga. We don't know if ORAS will have any other manga, as HGSS only had one manga other PokéSpe and FRLG had none, and if another one for ORAS is announced, it can be discussed in this thread.

MonMonCandie

Radio - On Air!
Guys, I just thought one thing. In Emerald, the rival has an unnamed younger brother. If ORAS gives this brother the appearance of Masato from the anime, do you think PokéSpe will use him? Like, "Sapphire's younger brother who was born after the Groudon/Kyogre crisis"? We already had stuff like Tōru from Pokémon Snap appearing in the Emerald arc even there was no reason for him to be there, so, do you think it's possible?

To be honest, I can't see it happening. I mean, it's completely plausible if Sapphire ended up with a sibling during the the time between the more recent arcs, but at this point, I just can't see it. It would be kind of out of the blue, you know? :p And yes, I know, the game!rival had a younger sibling, but you think they would have added that 'younger sibling' when the RS story started in Special.

Also, lolipiece and your fan-theory on possessed dex holder...you are my hero. lol Make it happen, Kusaka!!

e9310103838

Anyway, I think SP still has done a better on gender equality than other shōnen mangas. ;375;

Since Dawn/Lucas also has a sister......

Last edited:

MonMonCandie

Radio - On Air!
^ I've read my share of shonen manga, but it's been a while since I've read anything 'shonen-genred' besides PokeSpe. I've been dabbling in Seinen recently, so I can neither agree or disagree with your comment. Though, yes, maybe I agree with you a tad from some of the shonen manga I can remember. :)

demarc

Tomorrow Is Mine
I don't really know if anything from the manga would happen in the game, although it would be interesting given that the trailer said about a brand new adventure. I really can't wait to see an actual game-demo trailer for this, I really want to see exactly what we can expect.

RogueMG10

Lieker of Mudkipz
I'm pretty sure the whole "Franticshipping not acknowledged by Ruby" thing will be addressed in ORAS just based on how they did FRLG and HGSS. Both of those series were set a while after the respective characters's original series, and integrated of things occurring in the other series as well. In FRLG, all of the characters overcame self-doubt that originated from the RedBlue chapter. In HGSS, the skills of each character have enhanced and they all start to move forward in their adult lives. Because the RubySapphire Chapter mainly focused on Ruby and Sapphire's relationship, I'm positive they will at least address it in the new chapter.

Red and Blue

I'm pretty sure the whole "Franticshipping not acknowledged by Ruby" thing will be addressed in ORAS just based on how they did FRLG and HGSS. Both of those series were set a while after the respective characters's original series, and integrated of things occurring in the other series as well. In FRLG, all of the characters overcame self-doubt that originated from the RedBlue chapter. In HGSS, the skills of each character have enhanced and they all start to move forward in their adult lives. Because the RubySapphire Chapter mainly focused on Ruby and Sapphire's relationship, I'm positive they will at least address it in the new chapter.

They had better. Because if they don't give a satisfying resolution to their relationship, then I suspect A LOT of fans will be pissed since Kusaka finally has an opportunity to resolve that cliffhanger.

RogueMG10

Lieker of Mudkipz
They had better. Because if they don't give a satisfying resolution to their relationship, then I suspect A LOT of fans will be pissed since Kusaka finally has an opportunity to resolve that cliffhanger.

I think he would have resolved it in Emerald, except it didn't really seem to fit because they were quite minor in that chapter. But it was mentioned, meaning it was in the back of his mind. It's possible that he was just waiting for the remakes ('cause FRLG was already a thing) to make them main characters and letting that big question finally rest.

MonMonCandie

Radio - On Air!
I'm probably in the minority who thinks Ruby and Sapphire's relationship is alright where it is? lol Like, yeah, I do want Ruby to admit that he does like Sapphire as she likes him, but I kind of enjoy him pretending he doesn't remember any confessing. XD I've seen it happen before in other manga (Ranma 1/2 is an example where the main couple's feelings were literally there, but both persons were too stubborn to admit it), so I don't mind. But at the end of the day, Ruby and Sapphire have aged, so Ruby doing any admitting would be appropriate (as long as it isn't forced during the story). I mean, I'd feel really bad for Sapphire having to endure that for however many years have passed. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.