• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokémon Special ORAS chapter speculation thread - ORAS chapter confirmed!

Status
Not open for further replies.

RogueMG10

Lieker of Mudkipz
I'm probably in the minority who thinks Ruby and Sapphire's relationship is alright where it is? lol Like, yeah, I do want Ruby to admit that he does like Sapphire as she likes him, but I kind of enjoy him pretending he doesn't remember any confessing. XD I've seen it happen before in other manga (Ranma 1/2 is an example where the main couple's feelings were literally there, but both persons were too stubborn to admit it), so I don't mind. But at the end of the day, Ruby and Sapphire have aged, so Ruby doing any admitting would be appropriate (as long as it isn't forced during the story). I mean, I'd feel really bad for Sapphire having to endure that for however many years have passed. :p

And I totally get it. In fact, Ruby's character and backstory almost called for it. All I'm saying is that based on the patterns in the progression of the other characters so far and how the relationship is set up, this is the logical outcome.

MonMonCandie

Radio - On Air!
True, true. Actually when I think about it, the argument you or someone else (I'm too lazy atm to look back at the responses) brought up with points of the previous dex holders relationships for the remake arcs really make sense.

RogueMG10

Lieker of Mudkipz
Kikikifufufu

It was me :3

omegaruby

is a nub
Doubt many care about him, but I'd really like Emerald to warm up a bit more to Ruby and Sapphire in the ORAS chapter. (I mean, he's obviously going to be there.) Let them drag him around, or make him their pretend baby, whatever, I just want to see him being with friends more often. :025n172:

Would be nice if he wears a lot less hair gel, or none at all. The croissant is, uh, nice and all, but I'd be open to a new hairstyle on Rald. A ponytail. An actual pony shape. Something. Though I doubt it'll change.

I also want Wally's relations with everyone, because I can't imagine him not having at least a few panels to himself. With such an amazing manly bond to Ruby, he's got to have met Sapphire at some point, right? I want to see how their relationship's like. Personally, I think they'd make adorable friends. ;)
Also, he has to meet/have met Emerald. I'd like to know Wally's thoughts on giving up the Pokedex and whatnot, and the kid he basically returned the Pokedex to. (He definitely deserves his own Pokedex though. Just pull another Yellow and give him an old one!)
Last but not least, Wally should meet Sceptile again. With Emerald there. Wonder which trainer Sceptile prefers? Gasp.

It would be epic if Ruby or Sapphire or both of them got possessed and everything; the main reason I was so excited about the R/S climax was me expecting something of that nature to happen at some point. (My heart was prepared.) Of course, it didn't, so I'd be elated if it did in OR/AS!
Perhaps Emerald would have to play a role in calming/saving them, with his magical green forehead decoration being connected to Rayquaza.
Or maybe he'll be the one possessed. Maybe Wally will have to save them all.

Oh yeah, I want to know whether Flannery's dating that Magma dude with the hair. Tabitha, IIRC? I don't care about him at all, but I do care about what Flannery's been up to.

I already have too many expectations of a 'Spe remake arc as is, but if there's a nice big panel with Sapphire and her Megavolved Blaziken just looking cool somewhere in the arc, I'd be endlessly pleased. ;258;

Everlasting

Everything stays.
I completely forgot the manga are going to be affected! *starts to squeel*
I just want to see my favorite characters again, but this time, in a relationship. I love Sapphire and Ruby. <3

Blue Saturday

Violet Prince❤️
Well, think of it this way: Special has always had arcs rushed to hell and turned into a huge mess, it's just always been limited to arcs based on remakes or third versions. Now the main arcs can enjoy that amazing quality of writing too! :p

Also, if this is just going to be about Special and not about Pokemon manga in general, shouldn't the title be changed? :/
I don't know, but after Johto PokeSpe seemed to be very rushed at times. RuSa had pretty pitch perfect pacing as well as DPPt, but newer chapters have to struggle so much with too many new games, not enough magazine space that this crap gets so convoluted and we're not getting a quality story. I'm sure they could afford to get another magazine if they tried. YET THE ANIME AND GAMES CAN GET SO MUCH ATTENTION AND HYPE WTF!! Pokemon is a massively popular franchise, I don't see why it can't scoop up another magazine to serialize its content in.

Either way I'm happy since I love Sapphire a lot, Ruby was pretty great too. I liked how he was a bishounen jerk, it made him interesting. Personally, Frantic is nice and like their interactions but I'm not in dire of these two trying to smooch on each other. Plus while I do like the idea of them ending up together I feel like PokeSpe handles it well and did so in the original RuSa chapters. Plus, from my experience with shipping in various shows I used to watch or watch like SAO, Pokemon TLOK. It's usually poorly written and overpowers the plot. So the shipping isn't urgent, but the story is imo. It probably doesn't have a lot to work on with such a small amount of focus it's likely to get, FRLG was pretty decent. HGSS was rushed however.

Maybe Sapphire will get new clones if Lyra 2.0 is a PC in ORAS.

Last edited:

RogueMG10

Lieker of Mudkipz
In reference to the question about Pokespe being the main topic, I would like to point out that there are not many (if any) other Pokemon mangas that progress through the regions like Pokespe, so we can speculate about Pokespe a little bit more accurately. Also, we have no idea what changes in the story ORAS will present, so there's that.

Platinum fan.

RetiredPokemonMaster
I don't know, but after Johto PokeSpe seemed to be very rushed at times. RuSa had pretty pitch perfect pacing as well as DPPt, but newer chapters have to struggle so much with too many new games, not enough magazine space that this crap gets so convoluted and we're not getting a quality story. I'm sure they could afford to get another magazine if they tried. YET THE ANIME AND GAMES CAN GET SO MUCH ATTENTION AND HYPE WTF!! Pokemon is a massively popular franchise, I don't see why it can't scoop up another magazine to serialize its content in.

Either way I'm happy since I love Sapphire a lot, Ruby was pretty great too. I liked how he was a bishounen jerk, it made him interesting. Personally, Frantic is nice and like their interactions but I'm not in dire of these two trying to smooch on each other. Plus while I do like the idea of them ending up together I feel like PokeSpe handles it well and did so in the original RuSa chapters. Plus, from my experience with shipping in various shows I used to watch or watch like SAO, Pokemon TLOK. It's usually poorly written and overpowers the plot. So the shipping isn't urgent, but the story is imo. It probably doesn't have a lot to work on with such a small amount of focus it's likely to get, FRLG was pretty decent. HGSS was rushed however.

Maybe Sapphire will get new clones if Lyra 2.0 is a PC in ORAS.

Remake arcs usually aren't long but yeah HGSS was a rushed messed. I always though Platinum had a slightly rushed ending as well. It was fine up until Volume 40, and while not nearly as bad a HGSS, I could tell some things in Platinum were rushed to get finished quickly. Who knows how long ORAS will be. I imagine about 3-4 volumes at the most. I would hope for four?

DX 2401PT

Monitor
I feel that ORAS would likely end up being rushed. Thanks to the new game releases. ORAS comes in 6 months. Yet we know like 3 things for the BW2 arc, and like 6 things for XY. Needless to say, 6 months isn't enough time to finish either arc (unless BW2 is 50% done already, which would suck because that would make it super rushed). So by the time ORAS is out and the creators are trying to dance with 3 arcs at once, Z/whatever would come out relatively soon as the third/whatever for Kalos, thereby creating another arc that needs addressing. Kind of like how Pt, HGSS, and BW were being handled all at once. And we all know how that turned out.

MonMonCandie

Radio - On Air!
I think I saw that picture in one of the other threads... Is it really true?

...Relink please. >.<;

Platinum fan.

RetiredPokemonMaster
I feel that ORAS would likely end up being rushed. Thanks to the new game releases. ORAS comes in 6 months. Yet we know like 3 things for the BW2 arc, and like 6 things for XY. Needless to say, 6 months isn't enough time to finish either arc (unless BW2 is 50% done already, which would suck because that would make it super rushed). So by the time ORAS is out and the creators are trying to dance with 3 arcs at once, Z/whatever would come out relatively soon as the third/whatever for Kalos, thereby creating another arc that needs addressing. Kind of like how Pt, HGSS, and BW were being handled all at once. And we all know how that turned out.

The XY chapter is the one I'm most worried about. Sister arcs and remake arcs are usually short in general. But main region story arcs like XY are usually the most important of the generation chapters and the leading ones. Usually they are anyway. I won't be happy if XY's magazine chapters end in November as I have been enjoying the XY chapters but I'm prepared for it. I guess we'll have to see what ORAS is about. It's going to be tough. BW is still in volume form and we have BW2 to follow it then XY and then ORAS. Has PokeSpecial ever been in a situation like this before? I know there was the Pt, HGSS, and BW situation and HGSS really suffered hard for it.

e9310103838

I think the game will be launched Z next year, otherwise they would not keep up Zygarde in movie make debut.

And supplement chapters has always been relatively slow release. So when ORAS chapter release, the game Z is likely to launch soon. ;375;

DX 2401PT

Monitor
I think the game will be launched Z next year, otherwise they would not keep up Zygarde in movie make debut.

And supplement chapters has always been relatively slow release. So when ORAS chapter release, the game Z is likely to launch soon.

Which means, by the time the ORAS arc is about to go full swing, Z/whatever arc will be forced to start, thereby forcing the creators to tango with 4 arcs at once. Now, out of BW2, XY, ORAS, and Z/?, I'd have to say that... BW2 is the least important. XY is the start of the new region and new generation. It cannot and must not be rushed. Or it'll suck horribly. ORAS has the return of the favorite Dex Holders (Ruby and Sapphire in the top 5? 6?). It better not be rushed, or people would get pissed. Z/? would be the new version and therefore has to reason to rush. And it'll have to feature all the new stuff the games throw at you, such as the moves Thousand Arrows and Thousand Waves. Meaning, BW2 is the least valuable in comparison, therefore the most likely arc to be rushed. BW Kyurem had better get out of hiding quick. Or its appearance would get threatened by Xerneas, Yveltal, Zygarde, and whatever new happens to Groudon, Kyogre, and Rayquaza.

lolipiece

Pictured: what browsing Serebii does to a person
Staff member
You know, given how FRLG was about Deoxys and HGSS was about Arceus, it makes me even wonder if they'll even bother bringing back Groudon and Kyogre. New forms or not.

Only problem I can see is how Diancie, Hoopa, or even Volcanion would even be incorporated into anything.

arawn

Unlike Deoxis and Arceus, the Kalos legendaries didn't have strong connections to Hoenn. So maybe this time Kusaka must bring back Groudon and Kyogre. Or my Volcanion theory. . . Didn't know until these games released so we can know which side legend has a post-game role of Deoxis and Arceus.

Platinum fan.

RetiredPokemonMaster
Arceus doesn't have a strong connection to Hoenn either. It's a God in Sinnoh. I already mentioned the ORAS might have the Kalos final Legendary like FRLG did with Deoxys and HGSS did for Arceus. They might include Groudon and Kyogre too, but something tells me these two will not be the major Pokemon problem. They might be part of it to showcase new forms if they have them, but we already had a long arc of Groudon and Kyogre causing chaos in Hoenn. To do it again would be like, "what more can we do?" So I do think Groudon and Kyogre will be used, and they should be, but I don't know if they'll be the main storyline again. Maybe they'll help Ruby and Sapphire save the world. HGSS should have used Lugia and Ho-oh for something, too.

LordSerperior

Arceus doesn't have a strong connection to Hoenn either. It's a God in Sinnoh. I already mentioned the ORAS might have the Kalos final Legendary like FRLG did with Deoxys and HGSS did for Arceus. They might include Groudon and Kyogre too, but something tells me these two will not be the major Pokemon problem. They might be part of it to showcase new forms if they have them, but we already had a long arc of Groudon and Kyogre causing chaos in Hoenn. To do it again would be like, "what more can we do?" So I do think Groudon and Kyogre will be used, and they should be, but I don't know if they'll be the main storyline again. Maybe they'll help Ruby and Sapphire save the world. HGSS should have used Lugia and Ho-oh for something, too.
I think so too, I can't think of a way in which Groudon and Kyogre causing havoc again will not be repetitive. And HGSS should've really used Ho-Oh and Lugia, they didn't even do much in the original GSC, specially Ho-Oh

DX 2401PT

Monitor
The reason why HGSS had Arceus and FRLG had Deoxys was because the remakes had their event locations. HGSS had the new Sinjoh Ruins event and FRLG had Birth Island in the Sevii Islands. Navel Rock was also there, but Lugia and Ho-Oh were already showcased in GSC. So, if ORAS has new event locations for Pokemon that have yet to appear, the ORAS arc would most likely showcase that instead of Groudon vs. Kyogre (vs. Rayquaza?). Most likely Volcanion. It's steam, which ain't water or fire (or at least not anymore), so maybe the back-story could go as: Aqua and Magma remnants tried to create/use Volcanion for their schemes, but failed miserably, and now Volcanion is PISSED.

If ORAS also gives you access to Reshiram/Zekrom and/or Xerneas/Yveltal (like HGSS did with Dialga/Palkia, Groudon/Kyogre), we could see one of the two pairs appear again, like in the HGSS arc. And the pair that appears would perhaps tie ORAS with one of the previous arcs and give the relative time frame. Whether it's with BW for the confirmed time gap with the previous arcs, or with XY so it has a confirmed position in the PokeSP timeline.

Status
Not open for further replies.