• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokémon Special ORAS chapter speculation thread - ORAS chapter confirmed!

Status
Not open for further replies.

1dbad

~The Blizzard Prince
Which means, by the time the ORAS arc is about to go full swing, Z/whatever arc will be forced to start, thereby forcing the creators to tango with 4 arcs at once.
Unless, they decide to combine XYZ together into one big arc, like GSC. The only thing is after BW2, I worry that Z might have too much stuff to be able to do that...

RogueMG10

Lieker of Mudkipz
I mean, we could just be patient and let them be a game or two behind. Nah, who am I kidding?

Red and Blue

Unless, they decide to combine XYZ together into one big arc, like GSC. The only thing is after BW2, I worry that Z might have too much stuff to be able to do that...

Combining Z and XY together huh? That's actually not a bad idea. They could introduce Z about halfway into the XY chapter, like they did with Crystal.

MonMonCandie

Radio - On Air!
I don't see much of a problem if they decided to combine the trilogy games either; so long as much of the game content in Z isn't vastly different from XY. Not to say the third game shouldn't be awesome in it's own way.
Guess all we can do is wait considering the game isn't enough out yet. lol

DX 2401PT

Monitor
Not that combining XY with Z is a problem, but it's quite improbable. GSC were combined because Crystal was released right after Gold/Silver. DPPt could've been in one large chunk instead of consecutive pieces since Platinum was released right after Diamond/Pearl. Think Hoenn. Ruby/Sapphire was released. Then FireRed/LeafGreen. THEN Emerald. As such, the FRLG arc was placed between RS and E. Right now, it goes XY then ORAS then probably Z/?. Everyone knows that XY isn't going to finish by the time ORAS gets here. Everyone knows that XY isn't going to finish like a year into ORAS either. So I'm going to guess that XY will incorporate stuff from Z (like RS did with E, such as attire shift and Rayquaza), and have Z get its own arc.

diakyu

Guys we can't really speculate combining Z with XY because Z might not even exist. If we get sequels or prequels (i think it's the latter), we'll get a new arc.

Platinum fan.

RetiredPokemonMaster
Guys we can't really speculate combining Z with XY because Z might not even exist. If we get sequels or prequels (i think it's the latter), we'll get a new arc.

Why would we get prequels of XY? It would be kinda restricting. Sequels or a Z version will sell better IMO.

Macromind101

Why is everyone counting on a third version of XY to be released? We were all expecting a "Gray" version to be released but instead we got Black 2 & White 2. I'm pretty sure that GF considered a third version to be an outdated concept and they switched to the concept of sequels. My prediction is that there will be XZ & YZ versions. You guys can all call me the "prophet" in a year or two down the road, folks (or not, if I'm wrong :p)

G-SANtos

You know, given how FRLG was about Deoxys and HGSS was about Arceus, it makes me even wonder if they'll even bother bringing back Groudon and Kyogre. New forms or not.
PokéSpe has a "showcase everything" rule. Remember that Team Rocket's stupid three appeared at the end of HGSS just to showcase a move that hadn't been used yet? That means they'll appear to showcase their new forms, no matter what. Arceus had an excuse for some of his forms not making a physical apperance as all of them are the same thing except for a different type, but the new Groudon and Kyogre don't have such an excuse, specially if they are Mega Evolutions.

By theory, I saw a theory recently that they are Mega Evolutions and have exclusive that bring permanent weather. You may notice this is the first Generation Drought and Drizzle (and weather in were nerfed, and they could have done this in purpose so that Groudon and Kyogre could have forms that stood out by bringing an endless weather condition.

Only problem I can see is how Diancie, Hoopa, or even Volcanion would even be incorporated into anything.
First we'll have to wait if the games introduce a new location or event for Diancie. The other two still haven't been officially revealed.
Since Diancie is obviously linked to the item linked to Mega Evolution, I wonder if Diancie was created just as a means to explain Mega Evolution happening outside Kalos.

The reason why HGSS had Arceus and FRLG had Deoxys was because the remakes had their event locations. HGSS had the new Sinjoh Ruins event and FRLG had Birth Island in the Sevii Islands. Navel Rock was also there, but Lugia and Ho-Oh were already showcased in GSC. So, if ORAS has new event locations for Pokemon that have yet to appear, the ORAS arc would most likely showcase that instead of Groudon vs. Kyogre (vs. Rayquaza?). Most likely Volcanion. It's steam, which ain't water or fire (or at least not anymore), so maybe the back-story could go as: Aqua and Magma remnants tried to create/use Volcanion for their schemes, but failed miserably, and now Volcanion is PISSED.
Volcanion is the last Pokémon in the PokéDex. We won't see it until 2016 at the earliest.

Why is everyone counting on a third version of XY to be released? We were all expecting a "Gray" version to be released but instead we got Black 2 & White 2. I'm pretty sure that GF considered a third version to be an outdated concept and they switched to the concept of sequels.
Errr... No. They did more two games because they wanted a game mechanic in BW, but didn't have time to put in the thing, and they needed two games to do it, so they decided B2W2 instead of Gray to use this mechaninc. And they only made them sequels because Iwata told them "do something different or move to the 3DS". Source.

In short, they didn't consider the third version an outdated concept, they wanted two third versions but were told to not make a third version. They were forced to break the tradition. Therefore, it's unlikely they do this again this time.

Last edited:

DX 2401PT

Monitor
Why is everyone counting on a third version of XY to be released? We were all expecting a "Gray" version to be released but instead we got Black 2 & White 2. I'm pretty sure that GF considered a third version to be an outdated concept and they switched to the concept of sequels. My prediction is that there will be XZ & YZ versions. You guys can all call me the "prophet" in a year or two down the road, folks (or not, if I'm wrong :p)

BW2... was a surprise. Though it really shouldn't have been, since the hints were there. Namely the moves Ice Burn and Freeze Shock, which existed in BW but had no user. Both were the same in different spectrums (140 power, 90 acc, two turn charge, same type, 30% rate, same PP, one physical, the other special). And by description, one was Kyurem mixed with Reshiram, and the other with Zekrom. No one saw the fusions showcased in two different versions coming because it was never done before. Hence, surprise.

Looking at XY now, there are two moves that have the similar status. Thousand Arrows, Thousand Waves. Both Ground, physical, same power, same PP, same accuracy. Both have no user. But clearly, they'll belong to Zygarde, because what else is there? It already has Land's Wrath, which has the exact same detail as the two Thousand moves (power, acc, PP, target, spectrum, etc). It's not hard to think that that move would change into the two Thousand moves, just like how Glaciate turned into Ice Burn/Freeze Shock. Thousand Arrows targets Flying types. So, if Zygarde was to target a Flying type, what would that be? Yveltal. And if one of the two "duo" moves hits Yveltal, the other is bound to hit Xerneas, even though it doesn't sound like it's designed to.

So there are 2 moves for Zygarde that haven't been revealed yet, and they target Xerneas/Yveltal. Way too similar to the time of BW transitioning into BW2. So yes, a dual "third" game seems possible, where instead of fusions, there'd be Megas or something for Zygarde. Go from axes (X, Y) to planes (XZ, YZ). But, I don't know if BW2 was enough of a success (marketing wise) to warrant a repeat. Making two similar yet different games (again, after the initial two) need to have a certain amount of benefit to try again. Like Pokemon Movie 14 (a & b). Some would watch 14a. Some would watch 14b. Some would watch both. But the benefit from the A-intersect-B has to be high enough to cover the effort of making both A and B. How many people got both B2 and W2? Did enough people get both to make BW2 better than just G in terms of returns per cost? If yes, then okay. XZ/YZ (or whatever) are likely. Else, I doubt it. A lot.

Right now, I'm more leaning towards a single third than a dual. If dual, then Generation VI would have X/Y, OR/AS, XZ/YZ. Every stage, people would get one of the two, and not both. Such as get Y, then AS, then XZ. Have a buddy get the other 3 or something. Most people would do something like that, which really wouldn't be efficient in terms of returns per cost. While if there was a single third, then most people would get that. Think, for every person (or just about) who got D or P, would get Pt. But, for every person (or just about) who got B or W, they would get either B2 or W2 and not both. More games made, same number of purchases. The dual-games plan = dud. Extra effort, no extra gains.

Unfortunately, we're going to have to wait until ORAS is over to find out for sure. Which will be... a year? In the meantime... make harmless bets with friends or something.

Last edited:

G-SANtos

I'm sure they could afford to get another magazine if they tried. YET THE ANIME AND GAMES CAN GET SO MUCH ATTENTION AND HYPE WTF!! Pokemon is a massively popular franchise, I don't see why it can't scoop up another magazine to serialize its content in.
Maybe there are other variables we don't know about because we aren't part of the business. Does Shogakukan have any other magazine besides the two we have?

Alternatively, maybe the reason is because of the manga's weird way of publishing: Multiple magazines serializing the manga at the same time, and the order of the chapters not always being chronological or straight. I don't think there are many publishers or editors that want to deal with that.

Blackjack Gabbiani

Clearly we're great!
Question--didn't Archie say something about "Galactic" before he poofed away? With Sird supposedly giving Darkrai to Charon (it's certainly the most logical explanation as to how he got it), as well as passing herself off as a Galactic officer (let's face it there's no way she really is), could the Distortion World hold a key? It *is* supposed to be the land of the dead...

(for that matter, since I haven't finished RSE yet, did we ever find out what the land was that Archie and Maxie were taken to?)

lolipiece

Pictured: what browsing Serebii does to a person
Staff member
Question--didn't Archie say something about "Galactic" before he poofed away? With Sird supposedly giving Darkrai to Charon (it's certainly the most logical explanation as to how he got it), as well as passing herself off as a Galactic officer (let's face it there's no way she really is), could the Distortion World hold a key? It *is* supposed to be the land of the dead...

(for that matter, since I haven't finished RSE yet, did we ever find out what the land was that Archie and Maxie were taken to?)

When he disappeared, he muttered out Team Galactic's name, but he only said "Gin" before he disappeared.

And Sird was just stated to have released Darkrai into the Distortion World because she found it uncontrollable and felt that she didn't have a use for it anymore.

shadowF

I don't know if this was ever addressed so correct me if im wrong but something that really bugged me was that wally never really cared when he lost sceptile I hope they address it in this series.

lolipiece

Staff member
I don't know if this was ever addressed so correct me if im wrong but something that really bugged me was that wally never really cared when he lost sceptile I hope they address it in this series.

He did. Wally (and Birch) states in his letter to Birch that he did attempt to search for it.

The letter gets cut off before we know anything about that.

Eventually Birch just gave up and hoped that it survived in the wild (which it probably would have if Guile didn't intervene.)

G-SANtos

He did. Wally (and Birch) states in his letter to Birch that he did attempt to search for it.

The letter gets cut off before we know anything about that.
HOLD ON A SECOND THERE! Correct me if I'm wrong, but Mitsuru didn't attend Michiru's wedding, did he? What if he was still looking for Juptile?

Reiji Kurosaky

Well, VIZ crammed the HGSS saga in two volumes, so I expect ORAS to be two to three volumes in lenght. I just think we'll receive a special ark with evil team(s) trying to mega evolve Groudon and Kyogre...

MonMonCandie

Radio - On Air!
^ Maybe. It seems plausible since each 'remake arc' so far introduces the special Legendary.
Speaking of which, I need to buy Special this weekend. Can't wait!

iml908

I just thought of something. Remember at the end of the Emerald Arc, Emerald's Pokemon were seen getting close with some others. Do you think they'll address that in Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire? This seems the best time to mention it, since Emerald will most likely return here.

lolipiece

Staff member
I just thought of something. Remember at the end of the Emerald Arc, Emerald's Pokemon were seen getting close with some others. Do you think they'll address that in Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire? This seems the best time to mention it, since Emerald will most likely return here.

They did. In HGSS.

And it's not like it matters. The only reason why they did that was a reference to the fact that all those Pokemon get baby pre-evos in DP.

Status
Not open for further replies.