• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokémon Sun and Moon - General Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lykouros

Sandslash fan
I'm really hoping we don't get leaks. Despite lurking around here for now, as the speculation is interesting, I'm looking forward to playing a new generation and not knowing what I'll run into. I'm reminded of this feeling when I listen to how excited the kids I work with are for a new pokemon game. They don't even know what info leaks are yet, haha.

DSDark

Breeder
We had a demo for x and y that was in stores. They just shouldn't release it to the public

magma grunt edu

casual hardcore fan
that's also weird, SM launches november and there's no E3 demo to go along with it? just zelda? it would make perfect sense if they gave a taste of what's to come at E3, similarly to how they did with XY, a simple demo with the starters at a high level plus 2 new megas, 1 for you and 1 for a trainer you face at the end of the demo and maybe a couple of new pokemon in some patches of tall grass. No e-shop demo, ORAS proved that either it's gonna have nothing on it but what they need to put there or it's getting datamined. But a demo on E3 would keep the hype for another month or 2.

Wulava

danger chili pepper
Staff member
that's also weird, SM launches november and there's no E3 demo to go along with it? just zelda? it would make perfect sense if they gave a taste of what's to come at E3, similarly to how they did with XY, a simple demo with the starters at a high level plus 2 new megas, 1 for you and 1 for a trainer you face at the end of the demo and maybe a couple of new pokemon in some patches of tall grass. No e-shop demo, ORAS proved that either it's gonna have nothing on it but what they need to put there or it's getting datamined. But a demo on E3 would keep the hype for another month or 2.

Playable demos might be present at the Tokyo Game Show (TGS) on September later this year though.

Playable demos might be present at the Tokyo Game Show (TGS) on September later this year though.

Agreed, I think this is more than likely. It's also where we're first hearing about the PS4.5/4K and I believe the NX too, it would make sense for Nintendo to attempt to monopolise the event with a console announcement and a massive handheld demo.

HoennMaster

I'm really hoping we don't get leaks. Despite lurking around here for now, as the speculation is interesting, I'm looking forward to playing a new generation and not knowing what I'll run into. I'm reminded of this feeling when I listen to how excited the kids I work with are for a new pokemon game. They don't even know what info leaks are yet, haha.

Leaks will happen, but it is 100% possible to not see that info.

Leaks will happen, but it is 100% possible to not see that info.

What leaks do we mean here, exactly? Obviously we're going to continue getting CoroCoro leaks, and I don't consider the trademarks to be leaks. Do we mean people getting the game ahead of everyone else (which is happening anyway?) and "leaking" the gameplay and story?

sheld999

Agreed, I think this is more than likely. It's also where we're first hearing about the PS4.5/4K and I believe the NX too, it would make sense for Nintendo to attempt to monopolise the event with a console announcement and a massive handheld demo.

there already people playing the beta version of the game. and the game is already completed they making the card slots data now. as the guidebook has already been published and has 300 pages

What leaks do we mean here, exactly? Obviously we're going to continue getting CoroCoro leaks, and I don't consider the trademarks to be leaks. Do we mean people getting the game ahead of everyone else (which is happening anyway?) and "leaking" the gameplay and story?

yeah leaks will happened always. 1st leak for june is on june 2nd ( 3rd nz time ) which is apparently a video that be on main site.

clbgolden12

Alolan (and soon to be Galarian) trainer
yeah leaks will happened always. 1st leak for june is on june 2nd ( 3rd nz time ) which is apparently a video that be on main site.
That's not a leak though, as it's being officially revealed by GameFreak.

Jazzroen

Dragon Trainer
I'll read anything that Serebii posts before the game comes out. I will try to avoid stuff like what pokemon the gym leaders and E4 use. Hopefully I can stay clear of spoilers for the story as well. But I will look at all the pokedex before I start playing. I need to know if that awesome new mon I just caught will evolve later and if that requires any special things like location, move etc. The final form of the starters will also decide which one i'll take but I'm guessing those will be revealed in Corocoro or something anyway. In the end though, knowing the gyms, E4 and story in advance won't lower the fun I'll have with the game.

Huckleberry

Poison Trainer

See, I'm quite the opposite. I check all week to see if there are any leaks. While I will avoid story spoilers, I want to see just about everything else. I also run mono-type teams, so I like to know what I need to look for to fit in the team I'm playing.

LePetitMeow

By leaks, I'm assuming any and all important information released about the games. Knowing the release date, starters, legendary mascots, and the region basis is where I'm at. I will personally shut off and remain off Serebii once the June information is revealed (probably later, just before the July information comes around).

That way, you won't have to be spoiled on the new Pokemon, new characters, region, plot, special extras, and stuff.

I completely shut off Pokemon from 2003-2007, so finding and picking up Diamond Version was like a WHOLE new experience because I had no prior information about the games, and it made them super exciting to play! So that's why some people, myself included, want to avoid leaks. Hopefully Serebii puts spoiler tags/cuts on the information revealed through official outlets even...

Lykouros

Sandslash fan
By leaks, I'm assuming any and all important information released about the games. Knowing the release date, starters, legendary mascots, and the region basis is where I'm at. I will personally shut off and remain off Serebii once the June information is revealed (probably later, just before the July information comes around).

That way, you won't have to be spoiled on the new Pokemon, new characters, region, plot, special extras, and stuff.

I completely shut off Pokemon from 2003-2007, so finding and picking up Diamond Version was like a WHOLE new experience because I had no prior information about the games, and it made them super exciting to play! So that's why some people, myself included, want to avoid leaks. Hopefully Serebii puts spoiler tags/cuts on the information revealed through official outlets even...

This is exactly where I'm at. I don't mind if everyone else here sees leaks as they're posted on Serebii, but I will probably slip off the forums once things pick up. Knowing the starters, box legends, and general region is enough for me. I spoiled the entire B/W pokedex when it came out, for example, and everything I ran into lacked the surprise factor. Same for X/Y, where even just looking at CoroCoro info spoiled a huge percentage of the already small pool of new pokemon. I will keep my hopes relatively humble and then get excited once the new game is out. For the time being, however, I love to discuss possible game elements :)

Last edited:

Bguy7

The Dragon Lord
I don't mind being spoiled about the characters and Pokemon, as long as the plot is not spoiled. I actually much rather know what Pokemon are available going in, so I can have some sort of idea of what I'm looking for.

yuoke

Treasure huntin'
Anything that is official is going to be all over the main site and forum, and any other place related to pokemon. So you will basically have to avoid any kind of social media at all that could potentially have news if you don't want to see it which is almost impossible. So that's why it really does come down to what gamefreak chooses what and what not to show.

Lykouros

Sandslash fan
Anything that is official is going to be all over the main site and forum, and any other place related to pokemon. So you will basically have to avoid any kind of social media at all that could potentially have news if you don't want to see it which is almost impossible.

Yep, and that's why I plan to leave here for a while once things start getting going. My biggest concern is the release of a demo which gets datamined and then my friends, who don't care too much about spoilers, tell me all about it before I can say otherwise, haha. It's not a huge concern though, and as mentioned I don't mind the basic things on Serebii.

So that's why it really does come down to what gamefreak chooses what and what not to show.

Yeah, it looks like they're being more deliberate this time around, although that may be just me.

yuoke

Treasure huntin'
Yep, and that's why I plan to leave here for a while once things start getting going. My biggest concern is the release of a demo which gets datamined and then my friends, who don't care too much about spoilers, tell me all about it before I can say otherwise, haha. It's not a huge concern though, and as mentioned I don't mind the basic things on Serebii.

Yeah, it looks like they're being more deliberate this time around, although that may be just me.

I really hope there is no demo this time on the eshop. Like pokemon is one of the few games/series that does not need a demo at all. It's pokemon, everyone knows exactly how it will be in the basics and knows as soon as they are announced if they will get it or not. A demo would be pointless and just be there for datamining.

I think they won't do that this time though.

Bguy7

The Dragon Lord
I really hope there is no demo this time on the eshop. Like pokemon is one of the few games/series that does not need a demo at all. It's pokemon, everyone knows exactly how it will be in the basics and knows as soon as they are announced if they will get it or not. A demo would be pointless and just be there for datamining.

Yeah, I always thought the Omega Ruby/Alpha Sapphire demo was strange for that reason.

I guess what it's going to come down to is did Game Freak feel the demo helped sales enough to risk leaking the game again? If they did for whatever reason, then we will likely see a demo again.

yuoke

Treasure huntin'
Yeah, I always thought the Omega Ruby/Alpha Sapphire demo was strange for that reason.

I guess what it's going to come down to is did Game Freak feel the demo helped sales enough to risk leaking the game again? If they did for whatever reason, then we will likely see a demo again.

I mean I guess for ORAS you could argue that they are remakes so they thought it could convince a few people that were on the fence, but this time it's a brand new gen and overall the trailer got super great reactions. IT really doesn't need a demo, at least not prerelease.

Status
Not open for further replies.